Jaime Reyes Blue Beetle

Why did hispanic Spider-Man fail to catch on? His first run got canned after 36 issues, his New 52 run after 17, and his Rebirth run after 18. How do we make Jaime popular?

Attached: 6034093-6686034712-21149.jpg (480x600, 79.16K)

Was his first run any good? The concept of the REACH is interesting at least.

No idea. I read all the comics and bias aside, genuinely liked it. Why'd they give him a generic brown bitch in the movie instead of Traci 13 though?

I bought his first book when I still had a pull box. I liked it. I just dropped everything after new 52.

His first run was the only good one

The New 52 and Rebirth series both sucked ass and completely missed the point of what made the first run well regarded by fans and critics

The first run was widely well received, the second was mixed from what I remember the lack of the legacy is what really hurt that book, and there was a ton of hype for Rebirth Blue Beetle but Giffen has kinda hit a fuck and it just really wasn’t that good

I liked him because of Batman The Brave and The Bold.

^funk

Attached: 3DEDD96A-ECD4-4898-AA64-434721116CAD.png (1580x972, 2.38M)

Blue Beetle is old and busted. Sideways, now there's a Spider-Man knock-off I can get behind.

Attached: 1586108999020.jpg (800x1000, 1.36M)

I liked but he had such a terrible shelf life

Attached: A28CA9D8-9E8E-4DD2-B00C-27E1E22902DB.jpg (592x537, 133.92K)

DC just isn't good at making characters catch on. The last success they had at pushing a character was Booster Gold back in the mid to late 00s.
They aren't good at capitalizing on characters becoming popular despite DC not trying either. The last time was Harley from the early '10s to now. DC just decided to stop with Jessica after JLO flopped, Constantine can't keep a book to save his life, and Yara and Punchline both fizzled out.

As annoying as it is when marvel does it, they are way better at shoving a character in your face until the character can support an ongoing. It took almost 10 years and a movie for Carol to get an ongoing that didn't get cancellation numbers within the first 7 issues, and Moon Knight ended up being able to support a book before the show was even announced.

Ins't the guy really similar to Green Lantern? You need your own specific theme and powers to suceed.

He needs solo media outside of comics and a bullshit shonen-style power up to fight a different alien empire from the REACH

No? The only thing they have in common is some tech from space being their equipment but the scarab and the GL rings have way different lore and give different powers. Also all the GLs are grown ass adults and Jaime is a teenager.

His costume is just terrible.

>guy really similar to Green Lantern?
no? he is more like a living suit , think someone like generator rex

Don't worry he's going to blow up next year

Attached: Xolo-Maridueña-Jaime-Reyes-Blue-Beetle.jpg (890x466, 67.7K)

Jaime Blue Beetle is more akin to Guyver or Kamen Rider than GL

Just keep putting him in more stuff.

Attached: bb_cs_reach warriors_small.jpg (1600x665, 195.6K)

he had awful writers following his stellar first run

He is the most adapted of the three

>Smallville
>Brave and the Bold
>Justice League Action
>Nu52 Teen Titans movies
>Young Justice
>Live action film

>terrible shelf life
What does it mean?

He only lasted a year and was forgotten pretty much after

Traci is a different franchise.

It's very fun. Sort of cliched at times, but it's still a good read.

She is but until they make a Dr. thirteen movie or series she could easily show up in Blue Beetle

With advice. Which is in the works IIRC, starring the Cobra Kai kid.

>It took almost 10 years and a movie for Carol to get an ongoing that didn't get cancellation numbers within the first 7 issues
She was doing great before "the Great Takeover."

Attached: 2009takeoverMarvel.png (1229x6399, 2.3M)

Ah, so it was removed from the store shelves relatively quickly, got it.

Attached: C0088AE5-1926-49E1-B962-72C643B3D8A9.jpg (1038x3003, 1.13M)

This is a retarded post, both Carol and Moon Knight have been around for a lot longer than Jamie Blue Beetle.

Because introducing a magician girlfriend would be stupid as fuck.

Carol and Moon Knight have had very aggressive push since the mid-00s. Keep getting new series despite repeated cancellations.

Jessica Seems to be doing well in outside media.

DCSHG and Superpets have her

I wouldn’t call her depiction in Super Pets “Doing Well”

Wait, so the Lantern with the mental illness haircut is Jessica? And this is supposed to be "Doing Well"?

Are you that upset about her haircut?

Not really while her hair looks bad it’s more everything else like the shitty looking costume, the weird mole, her being a fatass (and not even the good way) that makes her look like shit

Ms. Marvel was their last big successful character, and similar characters introduced/pushed in that same period of time like Iron Heart never took off.

Was rebirth the one that butchered his fucking cast?

Rebirth added An alive Ted to try to figure how to get the scarab out of him other than that and Traci no longer involved his main supporting cast stayed the same.

Ms. Marvel wasn't even successful.

Moon Girl is somewhat popular with kids.

Why did Red Beetle have an open mask like Batman?

It’s a reference to the kingdom come look

Attached: 3106C336-8371-49DA-8F95-271486C07925.jpg (259x411, 64.65K)

Good fun, very comfy, like reading a favourite comic you've read before. The big problem was that the main story hook was a covert world-wide invasion by an alien force. You can't have that happen in the DCU or Marvel Universe without it being a company-wide thing, if only because there's a hundred organisations out there who specifically monitor for that kind of thing.

In the brave and bold cartoon the beetles were basically arch rivala to lanterns

>Revenge of the Reach
Magnificent episode. This show actually made me love Jaime. Youthful optimism is in short supply. That's why I like Beast Boy in the HBO Titans despite others' misgivings.
Jaime was also in Young Justice but I can't remember much about that season.

kek, what are you doing Ted

You should check out Justice League Action, Jaime is in it and he’s such a fun character. His first episode he and Batman inadvertently travel back in time to Bat’s first case

Attached: 2D58BD83-1578-4F8C-9A9A-59274B951013.gif (268x340, 2.6M)

He’s going full iron man

I enjoyed the original run but (and anons are going to screech at me for this) but he runs into the usual DC problem of being too overpowered

there's essentially no limits to his powers, which definitely takes away from the "relatable" (I know Peter isn't really relatable) element of Spider-Man

He's a bit too high concept in general to have the same appeal, I think

Attached: magshock3.png (305x398, 116.55K)

>there's essentially no limits to his powers
The relatability comes from being normal and discovering all the stuff the suit can do. He's not Stardust the Super Wizard where he has his full array of retarding rays at his disposal right off the bat, he's got to learn, and keep the suit in check. It's more black suit Spidey than regular daughter-killing satan-dealing Pete.

his first run was amazing. he had a great cast and was affiliated with a lot of heroes and teams. kid was a spiderman clone in the making for DC.

till he got hit with the generic edge stick after Nu52 and it completely decimated his fandom.

after that, it was nothing but back to back cancelled fail runs.

Just another example of Didio and DC Editors ruining a popular diverse hero.

Attached: 2CC706B9-C355-42C0-B751-87F866B7F2CF.jpg (873x917, 187.9K)

>Overpowered

This is such a silly complaint. He only ever power creeped when he let the scarab take over, otherwise he was a mid level powered hero most of the time with glass cannon abilities.

he still had street level villains.

Shame he lost last years Round Robin, that pitch sounded okay. With all the minis DC is releasing maybe we'll get a Jaime one eventually.

Attached: 7905701-eyd25chvoaqen8o.png (790x1199, 585.89K)

>after that, it was nothing but back to back cancelled fail runs.
He had one run after New 52.

I think Jessica stole his minority push.

He’s pretty much dead to editorial as of now

nu52 failed

and so did rebirth

>back to back

they've tried to give him a push, but it didn't work out. jessica is currently fucked because of the recent green lantern run, so editorial clearly doesn't give a fuck about her.

Jessica’s still being featured in comics and in cartoons. Justice League vs the Fatal Five was pretty much a stealth Jessica movie.

And i doubt the GL run has any effect on her status. What happened to her? All i heard was that she turned yellow again, which really doesnt mean anything other than her past is being used for a one off run that ends pretty soon. They put all the toys back afterwards.

What we should be concerned about is if she goes dormant. That proof that editorial literally doesn’t care.

And thats been Jaime for the last few years.