Yea Forums's thoughts?

Yea Forums's thoughts?

The intro and outro used to scare the shit out of me as a kid

Attached: CountDuckulaCast.jpg (320x280, 24.49K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tPWDCRgkZ2k&ab_channel=IMadeThisAccountToPostNeptunia
youtube.com/watch?v=Qt1ECbXCS70
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLxBIvfH0pHlyO0skN4jlYbf3XNQOh0a5E
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLxBIvfH0pHlx-ia9eUGuPKMEb0N96iMOI
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLxBIvfH0pHlzzeej3FPPhlM2us-ET1MVF
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

As a 39 yo wizard, I member this cartoon as part of the Barcelona olimpic games...fuck these games were sad AF, the Soviet Union no longer parricipated

Yeah I remember Count Duckula on Nickelodeon

I never saw it but I was watching Danger Mouse which this is originated from all the time. British animation was at its pinnacle in 80's

Attached: ay_57050607-e1363107130372.jpg (480x359, 29.68K)

British animation lived and died in the 80s. It's all toddlershit now.

Attached: ness.jpg (350x266, 13.31K)

What animation and kid shows come out of Britain now? I haven’t heard of any in years.

There's an upcoming Wallace and Gromit that's going to be CGI and have an irl human in it so look forward to that. The last notable British cartoon I remember is except revamped in Adobe Flash with the Come Dine With Me guy narrating.

Attached: wg.jpg (1200x900, 79.8K)

Isnt apple and onion british? pretty fun show regardless

>There's an upcoming Wallace and Gromit that's going to be CGI and have an irl human in it
No. No! NO!

What happened to British animation?
It used to be so different and cool.

Attached: Biscuits.png (827x648, 572.22K)

Yes, they're getting the Pingu treatment presumably to cut costs and production time.

Attached: nottoday.jpg (447x453, 64.9K)

Same. Dad loved it, though.

>presumably to cut costs and production time.
Now THERE'S the British animation I know!

Isn't Wallace's VA dead though?

I love her so much

Attached: 122.jpg (360x450, 21.15K)

For some reason I think of the outro whenever I hear this.
youtube.com/watch?v=tPWDCRgkZ2k&ab_channel=IMadeThisAccountToPostNeptunia

the commercial on Nickelodeon turned the bit from the intro where he throws away his fangs, into a bit about ducks having no teeth, and had this pointless "let's see that again in slow motion" bit and that part didn't freak me out but it did bother me that they put that much airtime into that bit on purpose.

Some intern was told they need to make a commercial for a cartoon about a duck vampire and said "but ducks don't have teeth" and just went with it.

>ab_channel=IMadeThisAccountToPostNeptunia
Shill.

>Gromit’s concern that Wallace has become overdependent on his inventions proves justified when Wallace invents a ‘smart gnome’ that seems to develop a mind of its own. As events spiral out of control, it falls to Gromit to put aside his qualms and battle sinister forces – or Wallace may never be able to invent again

Why do bongs think gnomes are funny?

At least I won't be alone.

Attached: 40-Year-OldVirginMoviePoster.jpg (220x326, 108.1K)

Because they are

Attached: gnomes_vibing.jpg (1136x640, 37.06K)

>NOO AARDMAN WOULD NEVER DO A CGI FILM

Attached: MV5BMTI1MzE1MDk2N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwMjEwMzI3._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg (1000x1480, 220.94K)

>There's an upcoming Wallace and Gromit that's going to be CGI
that's incorrect, the new film/short has no confirmed animation style
the image you posted is from an ar game

I was fascinated with this show as a 4 year old, but I never really understood it cause I was so young. It was just that funny, odd, monster duck show. Then it was gone, and I thought for a numbers of years it was a weird fever dream I had until a kid in middle school confirmed she was it too.

I downloaded a few episodes 10 or so years ago, and still liked it, but it hasnt aged the best.

>that's incorrect, the new film/short has no confirmed animation style
Considering all previous W&G media were stopmotion and the series' main draw is being stopmotion yet they've danced around the topic on this occasion instead of boasting about how they spent like 8 weeks crafting 30 frames of animation like they usually do, this reads like a big fat cope

>yet they've danced around the topic on this occasion
how have they "danced around the topic"?

>it hasnt aged the best.
Why not? I think witty shows like CD age like wine because when you're older you appreciate the jokes more

Why would they leave it unconfirmed?

Because they're still writing it? It's not like someone asked them about whether or not it would be stop-motion.

NTA but I read it's still in the storyboard phase

It's pretty good, but watching it as an adult it's painfully obvious how much of the show is reused animation or talking heads. They really cheaped out on the animation.

Retards aren't cute, they're frustrating

His beak is probably so soft.

In my country this show was more popular than the cartoon it spun-off from.

>Count Duckula is a spinoff of Dangermouse
>Victor & Hugo is a spinoff of Count Duckula
Shame Victor & Hugo is the only one of them not to get a dvd release since it was the best

Attached: 1635094029551.jpg (236x278, 21.86K)

wh...what makes you say that

Where is the best place to watch this? Will I just have to watch the low quality youtube uploads?

>Adobe Flash
Dude, fuck you. The Danger Mouse reboot is animated with Toon Boom Harmony and it absolutely shows, from the expressive character acting to the gorgeous lighting that blends the characters believably with photorealistic scenery (same studio worked on TAWOG, by the way). It's way too well-made to even attempt to utilize a restrictive setup like Flash's. But go ahead and shit on a recent, non-Calarts, UK-based cartoon that actually respects its source material and literally won awards, in a thread where you complain there aren't enough new, mainstream British cartoons no less. Just goes to show there's no pleasing you jaded fags sometimes, you're just addicted to your own outrage. I mean if you want to be critical of the show, that's fine, but at least actually watch it first instead of making up grievances based on a cursory glance at misleading promo shit, or worse yet, nothing at all.

my nigga

I think Ron's gone wrong was made in Britain.

Nobody watched that

Attached: tumblr_5946b3672f7d352800d37d2321994b52_edb7605e_1280.jpg (1280x1433, 361.53K)

Hilda, sort of.

>Mercury Filmworks is a Canadian animation studio

Attached: disgusted.gif (220x301, 321.7K)

Mercury actually looks good

He was very cute

I watched this show as a child at like 3AM and remember nothing about it.

EN EL SALON DE LA PATIFAMA!!!!!

Attached: 900.jpg (1200x1200, 243.01K)

Don't they have to because their entire studio burnt down with all the historic W&G stuff in it?

>"can't believe anyone could seriously think someone working for Boulder Media posts on Yea Forums take your meds schizo lol"
>Adobe Fla-
>"WHAT THE FECK DID YOU JUST SAY ABOYT DANGERMOUSE YE LITTLE GOBSHITE I'LL HAVE YOU KNOW WE USED ONLY THE MOST ADVANCED ANIMATION TECHNOLOGY TO CREATE THIS CINEMATIC MASTERPIECE OF BRITISH ENTERTAINMENT THE BACKGROUNDS ALONE ARE WORKS OF PURE ART IN THEMSELVES YOU'RE SHITTING ALL OVER OUR BLOOD SWEAT AND FECKIN TEARS LET'S SEE YOUR AWARD WINNING CARTOON THEN FIDDLE DEE DEE POTATO *posts never before seen freshly uploaded concept art*

Attached: ME_LUCKY_CHARMS.gif (262x350, 585.94K)

youtube.com/watch?v=Qt1ECbXCS70

BETTER THAN A DREAM, STRANGER THAN MY WILD IMAGINATION, THERE ISNT A REAL SENSATION THAT'S BETTER THAN A DREAM.

HIGHER THAN THE MOON, HAZY LIKE A BEAUTIFUL ILLUSION, CRAZY AND IN CONFUSION AND BETTER THAN A DREAM

Attached: file.png (476x351, 189.19K)

It's good for a chuckle in its original form. The Mexican dub thought makes it a top tier cartoon. Conde Pátula for life.

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLxBIvfH0pHlyO0skN4jlYbf3XNQOh0a5E
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLxBIvfH0pHlx-ia9eUGuPKMEb0N96iMOI
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLxBIvfH0pHlzzeej3FPPhlM2us-ET1MVF

It's way dryer than I remembered. The Butler is still pure gold tho.

Both of these shows gave me a love of puns at a young age. Then many years later I watched A Touch of Frost and jumped up when I realized why the main character sounded so familiar.

no, that was historic props, not the ones they were actually using
and in any case see

I always loved when the Count and Igor were paired up together for an episode of even just a scene. Igor's dry wit played off Duckula the best, I think. Though Goosewing and Nanny had their moments as well.

Attached: d568e784837e331db8e770b95a6dfc0e.gif (152x199, 15.07K)

Same OP.

Now that I'm older I think the intro/outro is one of the best.

Having rewatched some of the episodes on Youtube, it actually does hold up rather well.

The puns are great and the characters play off each other so naturally. It really sounds like an old radio play.

10/10 show.

is it really an unpopular opinion to say CD was better as a villain and that turning him into a metrosexual manchild for americans was a terrible idea

Attached: tumblr_2e781700ea4ceedaf38d0634daf4615c_77cf830c_640.gif (640x350, 3.44M)

Clearly not a terrible idea since he mogs Danger Mouse by a mile