Wedding, fart jokes and dance battle were cringe, but the animated action was fantastic...

Wedding, fart jokes and dance battle were cringe, but the animated action was fantastic. The Sonic Adventure influence is growing more apparent and I can't wait for the third one.

Attached: 1684424255908843637.jpg (1400x700, 241.99K)

Sonic Adventure fucking sucks and only contrarians pretend to enjoy it.

>The Sonic Adventure influence is growing more apparent
That's what i'm afraid of.

Did they kill off the black women?

Just remember the whole design debacle in the first movie was absolutely planned by the marketing team. They will do anything to manipulate the us to watch this garbage.

(OP)
>Wedding, fart jokes and dance battle were cringe
They were there to remind you that you were watching a kids movie.

I thought so too until I saw toys with the original design in stores. They changed the design far too late to stop the toy manufacturing.

Most people who hate Adventure never even played it

Marketing is entirely predicated on manipulation, even if such claims were true then whatever marketing firm they hired did their job incredibly well.

I shit you not the plot of the third movie is basically going to be Sonic Adventure 2

They did. Eggman pulls out a glock and blasts her. He emptied the magazine into her, and then reloads. And continues firing until the body is nearly unrecognizable. Really bold move to include that in the movie

Aside from the Cringey jokes and boring sideplots, Sonic 2 Movie is miles better than the first movie

you just know

Attached: 1649481168945.png (1056x934, 372.69K)

omg who the fuck cares holy shit its a twenty year old game literally just shut up and touch grass

>60% of the movie sucked but the 40% people actually wanted was good
If they didn't have enough money for 100% Sonic fighting robots, they should have at least picked better filler.
Weddings and car chases are retarded. Why not, y'know, do filler and product placement that fits the theme instead of CARS and WEDDINGS?

Weddings and car chases were 60% of the movie?

>100% Sonic fighting robots
I mean one-third Sonic fighting robots and Knuckles, one-third Sonic doing stupid "comedy" stuff, one-third Robotnic Carrey.

The Wedding shit was like 5 percent of the movie at most, the Agent Stone shit was the best filler and look forward to inevitable weird gay fanart we're going to get

Was the anti-semitic comment really necessary? I didn't think Carey would ever agree to that.

There's deleted scenes with old design as well as toys. You are retard trying to seem smart.

I'm as shocked as you are

But doesn't that make the original designed toys even more sought after? Like things with factory defects.

Pretty sure the kids watching payed to see Sonic, not bridezilla taking up 5 minutes to blow shit up.

yeah, admitedly that one was just really dumb filler.
but I have to say, it made Rachel at least kinda sympathetic and a bit likable in bits for me desu.

Also, any predicitons for sonic 3?
I mean [spoilers] the shadow reveal makes it clear what it will take parts off[/spoiler]
but any ideas how it may play out?

I at least have an idea how a certain already established human character could play an important role in it.

I'm hoping the home releases will have some sort of edited cut that gets rid of most of the wedding scenes, as cringe as they were the only really egregious scene was Rachel talking to Randall since it literally adds nothingthey won't do anything about it but dammit a man can dream

just remember folks who believe the bad design was a marketing scam are the most gullible schmucks around.

ehh, who knows.

My personal theory/fanfic idea for the next sonic movie is, that Randall actually plays part of a liaison between GUN and the Wachowskys to keep an eye on Sonic, but that he is also taking the task more casual for a) his wife's sake and b) having warmed up to the weird fuzzy aliens.

Plus I have this idea that Rachel's kid may actually become relevant for the Shadow plot arc of the third movie. Like Shadow gets temporarily lost/wounded and taken in by her and Tom'S wife as they don't know yet he is with the villains and being around a little kid that tries to be nice to him triggers his memories of Maria and plays a part in eventually him turning good

The wedding serves two purposes, albeit awkwardly.

1) Get Tom and his wife away from Sonic, so Sonic can partner with Tails

2) Introduce GUN

literally the only bad parts were the wedding shit but they take up like 5 minutes of the movie I timed it
I was actually fine with the human parts concerning Tom and Maddie because at least they have that parental connection with him

oh yeah I was all good with the wedding scenes in general since they played a part in the story, it's just the only one you could really cut out is when Rachel makes up with Randall

>that Randall actually plays part of a liaison between GUN and the Wachowskys to keep an eye on Sonic
it's weird that there wasn't a scene of that before Sonic runs across the ocean, you'd think they'd at least have Randall be like "We're cool for now, Sonic, now go stop Robotnik" and then have him show up to help clear up the mess
I know the older agent guy was sort of there to do that as well but I felt like there was a scene missing

I think that was mostly because it would just have been a bit too mean in a kids movie not to have her get a happy end when it was obvious that despite being a bit of a selfish woman, she felt genuinely hurt at the deception.

Lets not forget, this is a kids movie mostly. not a "realistic" depiction of a break up.

that's all good, I suppose from my perspective it just felt very disconnected from the rest of it

to be honest, I think somewhere around the final act a few minor scenes involving the human characters are missing. likely some stuff cut eventually cause they realized "wait, we are already reaching a two hour mark in a sonic movie?"

Again, I think if anything they use him and Rachel as some background stuff in three.

>Tom ruins the wedding again

Is there a rip of the movie yet

I'm honestly disappointed Tails didn't get as much attention or involvement as I expected him to. His personal issues were basically an afterthought.

Why do people have such a knee-jerk reaction to the idea of something like Sonic being taken seriously?

Live action adaptations are bad by default, imagine supporting this shit with your own money.

I think you severely overestimate how smart Hollywood bigwigs are, someone just accidently let their passion slip.

>Imagine...

Attached: Sonic-Movie.jpg (1038x576, 150.72K)

Here's the breakdown:
5 minutes - Robotnik shenanigans
4 minutes - shitty car chase - gotta feature those Chevrolet™ police cars doing sweet burnouts
2 minutes - Sonic
4 minutes - pathos/Sonic/humans
1 minute - wedding bullshit
1 minute - Sonic
1 minute - Tails
2 minutes - wedding bullshit
4 minutes - Sonic/Robotnik/Knuckles fight
1 minute - sweet Chevrolet™ police car doing sweet burnouts
1 minute - cobination Sonic/Tails/Knuckles fight and car chase
4 minutes - Robotnik/Knuckles
3 minutes - Sonic/Tails
1 minute - Robotnik/Knuckles
2 minutes - wedding bullshit
2 minutes - Sonic/Tails
2 minutes - Robotnik/Knuckles
10 minutes - Sonic/Tails
5 minutes - Sonic/Tails/Robotnik/Knuckles fight
12 minutes - wedding bullshit
1 minute - Sonic/humans
1 minute - Robotnik/Knuckles
1 minute - Sonic/humans
1 minute - Deputy/Robotnik's assistant
11 minutes - Sonic/Robotnik/Knuckles fight
2 minutes - Sonic/Knuckles/Tails
1 minute - Deputy/Robotnik's assistant
11 minutes - Sonic/Robotnik/Knuckles fight
4 minutes - Sonic/Tails/Knuckles/humans
(100 minutes because of all the rounding, sweet, even though the movie is 110ish)

Adding it all up:
Action people came to see (fights) - 32 minutes (not bad)
Characters people came to see (Sonic/Knuckles/Tails/Robotnik excluding fights) - 35 minutes
(total 67 minues of the "good stuff")
Deputy/Robotnik's assistant - 2 minutes (I like it, but kids probably don't give a shit)
Pointless humans - 27 minutes
Chevrolet™ car chases - 6 minutes

So the movie is 67% what people came to see (Sonic fighting Knuckles/Robotnik and other Sonic/Knuckles/Tails/Robotnik scenes)
2% characters I like but not necessarily what the kids came to see (Robotnik's assistant and deputy)
27% bullshit humans
6% pointless car chases
Yes that doesn't add up to 100% due to rounding and overlap.

Still way too much bullshit humans, the director should have kept it at 10%.

>So the movie is 67% what people came to see (Sonic fighting Knuckles/Robotnik and other Sonic/Knuckles/Tails/Robotnik scenes)
It kind of ok, but yeah.
Shoud be less humans next time.

Reminder this theory make no sense because the first movie script has a scene that assumes Sonic is not wearing gloves that the writers were unable to change in short notice (the bomb being stuck to Sonic’s hand)

I like donut lord.

Attached: 1631766343367.jpg (2048x1035, 237.25K)

Since I've come across both retarded faggots who think there was too much focus on the humans,and EXTREMELY retarded faggots who think there wasn't enough focus on the humans,it's time to admit it objectively had the perfect amount of focus on the humans.

Stop being retarded. Who the fuck goes "did you see the Sonic movie? It had a sweet WEDDING scene!"

Either you're retarded or trolling.

>Since I've come across both retarded faggots who think there's too much uncanny valley in Polar Express,and EXTREMELY retarded faggots who think there isn't enough uncanny valley in Polar Express,it's time to admit it objectively has the perfect amount of uncanny valley.

calm down egoraptor

You gorgot the part where he drops the gun and goes
>uh OH somebody's FABULOUS

>both sides

Attached: good people on both sides.jpg (1280x720, 72.3K)

Shut the fuck up. Stop thinking everything is a 4d chess play. They really thought general audiences would be ok with the original design because it was "realistic" and not "cartoony".
They gave two shits about what they knew would be the fan's reception because general audiences were the actual target and who would put the most butts in seats.

Be glad your aunt and fortnite playing kids were very vocal about that shitty design to the point they were forced to change it, because neither you or I had any effect on that decision.

They'll smush Sanic Adventures 1&2 by maling Gerald's fixation on finding Chaos to have HIM cure Maria or se dumb shit

Shadow will be obsessed with this goal, as it was his last directive from the doctor

Chaos wil end up not being sympathetic. Just a literal monster. Sonic and Mari flashbacks will convince Shadow he was wrong to seek out Chaos. Double super ending to one up the previous movie

It's 2022 and we're still doing fart jokes?

fart jokes will exist until people stop farting.

user its the internet era, every rando and their grandma on facebook NEEDS to have their lives be like action and mystery films where everything is a grand plan against them but somehow theyre the ones that can see through the illusion and awake in the matrix

its this reason I think the matrix is the worst thing to happen to pop culture in the last 40 years.

Fingers crossed for Amy to complete the main 4.

Attached: a15.jpg (2893x2485, 832.45K)

That baby Amy is adorable

Oh, you think I care? Sonic is popular again and I fucking love it.

I'm pretty sure Amy will be in 3. Shadow will bring all the boys back in and Amy will be a way to further appeal to the girl market. Story wise, Shadow will probably still have his driving force be losing Maria and Sonic will need some female equivalent that he will learn to empathize with Shadow with foe the inevitable team up fight against the real big bad at the end.

Attached: 1547272373360.gif (312x234, 669.12K)

>Sonic will need some female equivalent that he will learn to empathize with Shadow with foe the inevitable team up fight against the real big bad at the end.
The niece Jojo will do that, guaranteed. If they try to add Amy, she’ll feel even more shoehorned in than Tails is in 2. Especially if they add Rouge on top of Shadow, who is far more important to the SA2 plot.
If Amy shows up in 3, it will be in a mid/post credits scene to set up Chaos.