Was Tai Lung right?

>Who filled my head with dreams?
>Who drove me to train until my bones cracked? >Who denied me my destiny?

His words are so seductive, I know we are supposed to root for Po but Tai Lung's statement sounds so correct.

It hits too close to home.

Attached: di.jpg (700x310, 38.24K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=J256TQ9FsYA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

He got a raw deal, but destroying random villages because he was pissed puts him on the obvious side of villainy.

Everyone fucked up but so did Tai Lung. He's not wrong but he's not right.

I think one can make the argument that he was pushed to do those things.
He was groomed to be the savior, when that was denied from him what else could he do?

If one is not allowed to be a hero then there is only other option.

This is a solid bait

>Was Tai Lung right?
Nah. He was a guy who believed he was the hero of the story, but he wasn't. It feels right because it's relatable. We all want to believe we're the main character. We all feel cheated when it turns out we're just a background character or a supporting extra at best. Anyone has the potential to be the hero, but once the hero is chosen it can't be everyone at the same time. He was wrong. Shifu was wrong.

t. narcissist and future mass murderer

>when that was denied from him what else could he do?
Not turn into the exact opposite of a savior instantly?

>accept mediocrity and never improve!
>you are not allowed to search for greatness

I hate this board

Attached: no_.jpg (602x607, 129.58K)

>Dude is raised to be the hero since he was a baby and that was all he knew, there's pretty much no other prospects for him in life and this is all he knows
>get rejected by an old turtle everyone barely understands with barely a reason, Turtle probably expected you to rage out

I'm not surprised he mentally broke and took it out on everyone else. He got a raw deal, dude's pretty much a victim too

I agree with him.
I wish I wasn't raised with dreams since I was a kid.
Also, I don't blame him but once my grandpa died my family went to shit

You can be a hero, just not the Big Damn Hero™. This is like getting mad that you can't be Jesus Christ the Lord our Savior. You think you're better than Jesus you little faggots?

Attached: wahh.jpg (412x278, 15.77K)

I know I can't compare myself to the zombie cult leader, i just want to be better.

He had a point in terms of set up expectations, but all the choices he made from that point on were his own that he wasn't forced by circumstance into. He chose to attack the villagers simply because he was angry, ignoring that they had no culpability. He chose to go against the will of Jade Palace's master in order to get what he believed he should have. He was free when he got denied, free to do whatever he wanted with an incredible set of fighting skills, and he chose to go after the one thing he was told he wouldn't get. Then for years, he sat in captivity as a result of this choice, and after all that time, when circumstances and the skills he had got him free again to choose his path, with the world open wide to him, he headed right back to the Jade Palace, because he had learned nothing. He had had no revelation about himself, or who he could be outside of that "destiny", he just gave in to violent rage about it. He sacrificed the wellbeing of others and his own wellbeing in single-minded devotion to what he believed he was entitled to. You can feel sympathy for him because of that, but that does not make him justified.

>He chose to attack the villagers simply because he was angry, ignoring that they had no culpability.

moralfag please go

Uh, no? The OP asks if he was right. He may have been correct about what he said to Sifu, but it doesn't make him morally in the right.

>morally

Attached: a7af0d8db5c6e94bb61d06e684caf4e4483a7f28f290fd302ea81c20e39f51fd_1.jpg (272x275, 28.9K)

>Seductive
Gay

Also the whole point is that Tai Lung did not have the right mindset to accept the true meaning the the scroll because not even Master Sifu had the right mindset because Oogway was a shitty fucking teacher.
The point of the scroll was probably just to be the carrot on the stick but the one who had the right mindset to be worthy would have transcended the actual need to feel accomplished by the scroll.

Open a noodle shop.

I loved Wandersong

Attached: Wandersong_a_bards_lament.jpg (1920x1080, 75.49K)

Saying you don't believe in morality because it's a "spook" doesn't make you intelligent or enlightened, it makes you pretentious and annoying, and shows you don't understand the point. Humans rely on social constructs to interact socially. The fact that they're less materially real doesn't make them less important, it actually allows us to make decisions that would take much more analysis of material cause-and-effect than is actually possible in daily life. You abandon the concepts of "boundaries" and "fairness" and see how far you get before everyone catches on to what the only things you care about are, and want nothing more to do with you.

Doesn't that mean they technically, Po's Dad is the Dragon Warrior?

>You abandon the concepts of "boundaries" and "fairness" and see how far you get before everyone catches on to what the only things you care about are, and want nothing more to do with you.

Your terms are acceptable

He was a victim of a kung fu fighting society.

this great value philosophy is lame.
Reminds me of the "if you are nothing without the suit then you don't deserve it" from Spiderman

Then you're a fool, and you haven't figured out yet how much people depend on each other to get their needs met.

or maybe you haven't figured out that you shouldn't be a people pleaser.
Your happiness shouldn't depend on external factors like other people.

He was right to be pissed at Shifu, and thats it.

>I apologize for Tai Lung. We have purposely trained him to be evil, as a joke.

Everything else was power hungry insanity. The fight with Po shows that even if Oogway had shared the 'secret' of the dragon scroll with Tai Lung, he'd still have refused to accept it and resumed his massacre.

Going out of your way to take revenge on parties that have nothing to do with your grudge destroys any validity your actions had.

The scroll thing was bullshit desu
>the secret is that the scroll is empty!

lazy writting

>a people pleaser
We're talking about concepts like why you shouldn't attack people who have done no wrong, you weirdo.

user, the whole point is that the scroll ISN'T empty. It reflects the one reading it

Attached: just you.jpg (1920x816, 358.99K)

ah yes, they did nothing wrong.
therefore they don't deserve to suffer.

kinda reminds me of, you know... Tai Lung.

life's a bich, don't get mad at me for not being absurdly optimistic and naive.

I still don't get it.

youtube.com/watch?v=J256TQ9FsYA

t. Obiwan

Attached: obi.jpg (275x183, 4.88K)

Tai Lung is a bitch

>optimistic and naive
That's not even tangentially related to the subject we're discussing. In fact, I explained a very practical and self-interested reason to follow moral principles, and you tellingly misinterpreted that as being a "people pleaser". You're not just advocating for Egoism, you seem to be advocating for the exact self-sabotaging and short-sighted kind of egoism Tai-Lung showed, that fucked him over. Pursuing his actual self-interest would have led Tai Lung away from the Jade Palace and toward a more rewarding pursuit. Stirner didn't say "If my dickishness drives people away I'm alright with that," he actually talked about the love he had for his fellow man. Treating it like you are seems to reflect, if anything, just a lack of maturity.

Literally anything else.

not being a piece of shit

You guys are not taking in account the nurture aspect. Sure, he had the chance of choosing not to kill those people but did he even knew how to choose? For all we know Shifu only taught him how to fight, dress himself and possibly read and that's it. No morality, no critical thinking, no self control. He might have never seen another person in his life beside Shifu and Oogway.
It's kind of like those dogs that grow inside a cage their entire life. They literally don't know any better and if the feel threatened they will go head on against a tiger, a bear and even an elephant. Their brains just doesn't work normally and that could be the case of Tai Lung.

Tai Lung was ready to be the Dragon warrior, he just needed to learn humility and he failed the last test

Attached: ....png (636x440, 114.99K)

Let me guess, you idolize the Joker too?

any adult does.

everything is sifu's fault
sifu didn't teach him compassion, humility, etc.
sifu only taught him to be nothing but the dragon warrior, when he wasn't chosen, sifu chose to be disappointed in him instead of using it as another teaching moment

You have to be a hero before you can be the hero.

>If one is not allowed to be a hero then there is only other option.
Tai Lung had the opportunity to be a vigilante or improve his mentality so he'd stop being seen as irresponsible or dangerous by his mentors. Instead he decided to chimp out. If you think being denied the position of the Chosen One only leaves you with the choice of being a villain, you are not only narrow sighted but probably looking for an excuse to hurt people.

The final fight was pretty disappointing and the other movies were kind of shit in comparison.

Then he wasn't ready.

clearly they failed to teach him properly
they are as much as fault for those injured villagers as much as Tai Lung is

>If one is not allowed to be a hero then there is only other option.
Be an even better hero than the actual hero?

Fuck being the main character, I plan on being the side character who ends up stealing the show in the later seasons and gets his moderately received spin off.

Everything wrong with Tai-Lung is Shifu's fault
>only train him in martial arts
>keep telling him he's the dragon warrior when it's not for you to decide that
>don't question Oogway's decision because reasons

Lets be honest Tai Lung wasn't chosen because he didn't have the mentality or disposition to be the dragon warrior. That's why he was rejected. It was clear when the dragon scroll was open that there was no real prophesy.

Shifu failed Tai Lung in some regards but it's still mostly on him for focusing on power too much and wisdom too little. Even if he did become Dragon Warrior, who's to say he would have been responsible enough in the position? I imagine it'd be like in FNV, where if the Legion wins with Lanius in power instead of Caesar the ending slides are even more brutal than usual.

Shifu failed Tai Lung in every conceivable way
you cannot create a monster to only fight then complain when the monster fights.
Tigress probably would have turned out the same way if Po hadn't come along

Had he ignored the shitty scroll and just BE HIMSELF and do good out of his heart he would have become a wonderful Hero likely on pair to Po.

Tai Lung is insanely talented and would learn a lot from the fat fuck if he humbled himself. And Po would learn from Tai Lung too. It would have been the most productive rivalry friendship.

you mean any mentally stunted adult

Shouldn't he be in the 4th movie? He was already in the 3rd on the belt of the Ox

There will be no 4th movie and there was no third movie

Obi-Wan literally did nothing wrong
he was trying to hold everything down so it didn't go to shit and Anakin had to be a little faggot and ruin everything

Shifu fucked up but considering Tai Lung was literally the only disciple that sperged out, it's safe to say he has issues too

eh, me at my best is a fucking scary guy, so many heads would roll

>Nagatoroposter is retarded
what else is new

>I wish I wasn't raised with dreams since I was a kid.
it's no one else's fault but yours if you turn into an entitled faggot that hurts others just because "abloo bloo muh dream didn't come true"

>nothing wrong
He didn't coup de grace