Central Park

The season finale dropped. HOW is no one talking about this???

Attached: A97CA996-99A0-4343-8945-2CD6896D41DF.jpg (675x1000, 199.41K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=d3HfSQncaJw
youtu.be/yEQ0IpWllzQ
youtu.be/lUjjfVDey2I
youtu.be/XUD0veJvq_s
youtu.be/09qyOOsPedU
youtu.be/agccPbwVNso
youtu.be/UdeEOguflCk
youtu.be/Ee-XfICbwQ0
youtu.be/ThG6ZajjSFA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Gay woke shit. Pass.

Because it's bad and nobody cares

Did Molly get any screentime?

>Central Park
Cringe, locked, and blue pilled
>Big City Greens
Based, keyed, and red pilled

Attached: EfKF8agXoAcgnIP.jpg (745x1080, 180.52K)

Apple TV

I didn't even know new episodes were out.
Nobody really talks about it though I guess there's not much to talk about really.

It's even more soulless then nuBurgers.

Same reason nobody's talked about it since the pilot.

I mean if you enjoy it that's great. It's inoffensive and heartwarming, but that's the exact reason I'm not interested.

I thought it was somewhat popular. Well, at least popular enough for twitter trannies to force Kristen Bell out of her VA role.

its amazing how unappealing and forced this artstyle became instantly the second they started using it for anything but bob's burgers.

>I thought the show was canceled?
It's like the great north, it's just there?

It's got one more season.

Why does it look like a straight up copy of bobs burguers?

AppleTV+ user retarded Disney should have choosed Hulu to stream the show.

Because it's made by the same people

I watched closes enough instead.

Nobody actually cared or forced anything. Bell left voluntarily.

I remember some user was pointing out how characters aren't allowed to smile/expression themselves while singing - I guess a creative choice from the artists? - and I can't unsee it. The finale was really bad. They're all supposed to be having fun in the snow and it's a pretty happy song but they all look like they're dead inside.

I'm still busy watching the new Close Enough season. A lotta things dropped all at once these last few days.

Attached: 1594609217796.jpg (671x439, 65.65K)

It should've stayed with Bob's Burgers. The style just isn't the best to use for a lovingly-animated musical, especially when the characters aren't allowed to smile for some weird reason. And The Great North especially has no reason to exist. It doesn't cater to anyone, but FOX insists it's some huge success.

Attached: buskers.png (1920x1080, 2.46M)

It wasn't supposed to

Genndy and McCracken both prove that's a shit argument

Attached: what the fuck.jpg (3840x4319, 3.9M)

It had a solid start in season 1 with a concrete story with stakes and then it meandered around instead of progressing the story
Season 2 lost me. Nothing was happening and the music was worse.

What else did I miss apart from Close Enough S3!

>Sonic 2
>Green Eggs and Ham: The Second Serving
>Atlanta
>The Proud Family: Louder and Prouder
>It's Pony
>Pinecone & Pony
>Severance
>Everything Everywhere All At Once
And there's another new Amphibia and Owl House in a couple hours

Attached: ms-casey.jpg (947x1198, 74.32K)

fpbp

is the fat guy gay? please say yes

He must be. He's the closest thing to a white male in the show.

>Bob's Burgers Clone
Who gives a fuck.

Literally this. No one even watches Bob’s Burgers anymore. What made them think there was a big enough audience to target with an identical show?

Attached: belchers.jpg (3021x1700, 279.64K)

Kill yourself, Mousecuck.

>I thought it was somewhat popular
no, not really
and to the other user that said that S2 had great songs, he should get either his ears or brain checked

>artstyle
it's not even the only problem, it's just that they suck absolutely fucking shit at expressing emotions.
i don't think i've seen anyone in this damn thing actually smile for more than 20 frames

someone said that the crew got told to
>make the character expressions as neutral as possible
which i would assume it would be followed by
>so that when they express emotions eg during songs it stands out
but it seems like they forgot about, you know, giving character facial expressions.
look at this, literally just googled the character name and you can see several emotions.

i dare you to find a picture that shows owen or paige expressing literally anything other than "meh"

Attached: .png (1318x726, 863.69K)

There's a bunch of reasons for that.
For starters, season 2's production was negatively affected by COVID, so any momentum that season 1 may have had was gone by the time that season 2 was released. Even then, the show had next to no traction on Yea Forums, even in its first season. The only noteworthy discussions on the series involved the artstyle change between the first reveal of the series and its release, pseudo-political shitflinging about the Bell drama, and the constant comparisons to Bob's Burgers. Not the best recipe for regular threads.
On that note, the awkward release schedule didn't help. Releasing three episodes at once, and then releasing the rest on a weekly basis, didn't really work out, IMO. Especially when there was little to no advertising for the release of the second part of season 2.

It's sad to say, but there's also the fact that the series is paywalled behind a niche streaming service, and people are increasingly unable/unwilling to pirate shit. If there isn't a handy MEGA link in a thread for a less-than-popular series, people aren't going to bother discussing it.

I tapped out pretty early on in season 2. It suffers, to a lesser degree, from the same problem Disenchantment had: it's an episodic comedy that should have been serial. Not every adult prime time comedy can or should be a Simpsons or Family Guy. Character development stopped, story arcs disappeared, and I lost interest.
The music also isn't as good, and I feel it's partly related to the voice actress change. The new Molly simply does not have the vocal range of original Molly.

I don't see Central Park's distancing from serialization as the problem; the problem is that the characters feel so lifeless even after two whole seasons, at least compared to what you'd get on Bob's Burgers. So you don't get much out of an episodic series where you can't really grow attached to the characters.

I will say that I've been enjoying Cole more this season. The geometry and mooning episodes were endearing, and it seems they've been using Tituss Burgess to his strengths a little more. His songs in this batch have been great. Same for Molly honestly. She's gotten a lot of good songs in Season 2, "Ode to Johnnie Lee" and "Bra-blem" being my favorites of hers.

Attached: 1625892705075.png (1920x1080, 3.19M)

It really should've been a serial, when I realized the plot hadn't moved forward in three episodes in season 2 I lost interest entirely.
Also the music is just generally not great. I hate rap/speak-singing and I hate Bouchard's clumsy awkward lyrics. First Class Hands, Do It While We Can, Nuts Nuts Nuts, and New York Doesn't Like Your Face are the standout songs of season 1 with Fidst Class Hands being the best by far
I can't remember any of the music from what I watched of S2

>dead-eyed expression when her face could instead be more clearly giving off the stress and fear she's experiencing at that moment
I feel for all the artists and animators who had to abide by Loren's stupid rule. It's a CARTOON. Work with those strengths!

Attached: 1647738667494.jpg (1036x1036, 232K)

Likely yes, I haven't enjoyed this show since season 1, but I watched one of this season's episode and they seem to be pairing him with Elwood.

youtube.com/watch?v=d3HfSQncaJw

Win for chubfags? I don't know.

Attached: Central Park — “You Are the Music” Singalong _ Apple TV+ 2-13 screenshot.png (1920x1080, 1.36M)

I think you might like some of these:

youtu.be/yEQ0IpWllzQ
youtu.be/lUjjfVDey2I
youtu.be/XUD0veJvq_s
youtu.be/09qyOOsPedU
youtu.be/agccPbwVNso
youtu.be/UdeEOguflCk
youtu.be/Ee-XfICbwQ0

And I know you’re not a fan of the speak-singing numbers, but I really gravitated toward "Restoration": youtu.be/ThG6ZajjSFA

Attached: Iggy Martino.png (1920x1080, 2.15M)

wow they really do just never emote huh.

It makes sense for Paige and Owen in that context since they were trying to win over that guy's approval to remodel their home, but the actual guy singing ought to be more expressive if he's supposed to be so enamored with Edendale Castle.

Attached: bouquet.png (904x970, 683.04K)

Did Brendan do anything in this season?

>”voluntarily”

Gimme a break. She left to protect herself and her disney image so that no one could accuse her of being complicit. She didn’t leave because she felt it was right or came to the conclusion on her own, she just didn’t want the heat on herself. She was forced out implicitly by the threat of backlash.

>the characters aren't allowed to smile for some weird reason

explain

I mean he's right, I didn't see a single smile in anything I watched of this. It's weird, even when that old woman is singing about how she's totally gonna get rich and she's about to win, there are just no smiles to be found anywhere.

he flew a kite i think

This is false advertising.

Attached: smiles smiles everywhere.png (3358x1889, 3.93M)

I tried to warch this but its so overdone having all the kids are weird and quirky, the mom is weird and quirky, everyone around them is weird and quikry, and the dad is the down to earth rational one. I think one thing I loved about american dad or king of the hill is every character is their own person and can be funny in their own way. Also stop singing.

because without the voice talents of kristen bell it's lackluster.

You know goddamn well it would have been career suicide to go against the twitter agenda to out all white VA's who play poc characters.
Loren Bouchard defended her from the backlash, but eventually, he had to reluctantly cave in himself after shit hit the fan with Simpsons and Family guy bending the knee.

>Bell left voluntarily.
Because she was already under fire due to her book that people found offensive

Attached: -.jpg (2560x2560, 642.4K)

No big ducci Stanley Tucci

That looks so gay.

i stopped watching the show when they seriously did that whole "white voice actress leaves because she was voicing a black character" I just thought it was weird that they did that and didn't feel like watching it anymore.

Kristen Bell was a better casting choice.

The fact everyone has these dead grimace mouths when singing is just really fucking offputting, especially when combo'd with the dead eyes. Let them fucking smile jfc.

Attached: file.png (1280x720, 667.54K)

>smiles everywhere
>one person is sort of smiling.

Attached: file.png (3358x1889, 2.78M)

I'm glad the final trailer didn't give anything away, but that's also gonna be a problem since it didn't really show anything new that could get casual fans or Bob's novices interested. The movie's gonna struggle BADLY due to Disney's garbage marketing.

Attached: wuh oh.png (1920x800, 606.92K)

I really can't stand the Bento Box art style. It was fine when it was just Bob's but now it's like 3 or 4 different shows.

It's just Bob's, Central Park, and The Great North right now. My issues are less with the designs, but more with the ridiculous limitations the crew puts on these designs. Even for shows with such dialogue-heavy jokes, they could stand to do a little more with "Muppet humans." I think The Bob's Burgers Movie is where we'll finally see this style used to its strengths.

I wouldn't use 'Bento Box' as the umbrella term, though. There's been a variety of different art styles from that studio, but I will admit that most of the shows tend to have some of the blandest, most uninspired looks in TV animation right now. Duncanville's art style barely gets a pass from me.

Attached: bloggingboutburgers.jpg (2048x1337, 320.68K)

i don't care about artstyle as long as they're animated expressively, feels like every character has 2 expressions, neutral and mouth open