Unsounded

In which Elka gets into an argument with Quigley over series canon.

Attached: ch16_153[1].jpg (600x900, 274.48K)

What's with all the niggers?

>Elka practically begging quigley not to be worst boy but he just won't stop

Man, just imagine all the times Quigley was lecturing Duane, when THIS was his real backstory.

This page almost feels like Ashley cutting out excuses before the readers can try to use them.

He was projecting

The URL of the comic IS "Casual Villain".
Like, even Toma has probably participated in a bit of ritual cannibalism.

Quigley is probably top-10 of the biggest assholes in the comic, tho.

pretty much

Attached: Screenshot 2022-04-07 235405.png (482x50, 2.02K)

Holy shit Cope is literally play by play dismantling the QuigPig simps and their excuses

Attached: Laughing Heretics.jpg (900x563, 78.51K)

>You still like Quigley, huh? I can fix that.
-Ashley Cope

Still is. The "laughing in the face of conceit" bit is Quigg's final line of bullshit, he's labeling himself before he can be labled (the way he knows he should be.)

Maybe she should try shutting him up with some facesitting
I will long lament not finishing that Elka Quigley fic before Litriya arc really went to hell

Mattys uh, got a little bit of them crazy eyes

I've been asking that for 7 years. will Ashley ever answer us?

Poor little guy's gonna come out of this all fucked up, isn't he?

Attached: when you know how bad things really are.png (162x148, 53.83K)

Gonna be real awkward when an eight year old murders dear old dad

>implying that he wasn't all fucked up to begin with

Although I do think he's trying to rouse Matty from this pit of despair ALONG WITH finally facing up to others about what a bastard he's been. Multitasking

It's incredible to choose a theme for your comic like "people whose own actions shatter the illusions they to justify their cowardice" and then deliver on it as thoroughly as a character like Quigley

>Quigley is probably top-10 of the biggest assholes in the comic, tho.
Top 3 more accurate.

I sincerely admire how well Unsounded handles pacing and plot revelations.

We had a calm before the storm BEFORE the kids' play started, even with the story about the Toe Toes god, and since then we have been having hard hitting moments one after the other.
Duane freaking out during the play, the lab, the attack on the temple, the pillaging of the temple, innocent characters dying in both quick and slow ways, the revelation about how Quigley betrayed his wife, Duane meeting his brother, Duane meeting his daughter, Duane understanding more of the night of his death, etc etc etc.

Daaaaamn, son. Unsounded doesn't pull its punches.

He's not a complete bastard. His first instinct was still to run after Matty, and he clearly cares for him.
This is Quigley vocalizing the what he keeps telling himself, but deep down he actually does love Matty but thats completely incompatible with his 'realistic' view

Attached: file.png (165x229, 73.87K)

It would have been a thing of beauty.

This moment is exactly the moment I'm thinking of right now.

I'm thinking about it as I don't really get why he's saying he hates Matty. He has to be serious about hating Matty because he's saying it in front of Matty. But he also was serious when he was praying to Vienne to not take Matty and how he needs him.

It doesn't make sense. They're not in Alderode, his brain isn't being fucked with as Elka says. Is he bipolar? Is that what bipolarism is? Quigley is being grossly inconsistent.

Shit like this just makes him worse, really. It just comes of as selfishness on top of everything else

>Jivi being literally wrong
Typical

Trying to narrow it down to just top 3 assholes would be really difficult.
You got Duane's brother, Roger Foi-Hellick, Starfish, Sette's biological mother, Sette's adoptive father, Roger Foi-Hellick, etc, etc.

Ashley GOAT

Quigley is suffering from the guilt of what he did and thinks that it's still not enough suffering so he wants everyone around him to know exactly how shit he is so they'll hate him just as much as he hates himself.
And Matty hating him would hurt the most of all.

He said he hated him. hatED. Past tense. That was two years ago. He's come to realize how important Matty is and how much he loves him. But he doesn't know how to express it and he's afraid of letting Matty love him when he knows he has to die soon. If Matty hates him, it won't hurt him when he's gone.

He's being as cruel as he's being because he loves his son so much

I don't think there was any getting out of this not fucked up. This is certainly gasoline on the fire though.

You can hate and love someone at the same time.

when he learned Matty wasn't included in the play, his first instinct was to fight the casting director/headmistress about it

it all kinda fits together, his incredibly pessimistic worldview caused by a 30 year life expectancy, all that initially got rocked by Vienne until the revolution/Matty complications, so he burrowed deeper into the mindset he's explaining currently and set himself up on a suicide run to avenge the wife and child he betrayed. The fly in the ointment was Matty surviving, them both surviving the raid, and realizing he actually loves the kid.

I hope that asshole who kept posting that "quigley will have a redemption arc change my mind" image is ok. He just keeps losing

To be honest, he was chuggin along pretty fine. Likely had a few deep seated issues, but who wouldn't after getting blinded in the incident that killed their mother?

But this shit is all on a different level.

Yeah, I feel like he does actually love Matty.

But he's just too full of self loathing to not be a horrible human being.

I mean he will PROBABLY have a martyr's death. Probably sacrificing himself to save Matty.

Ooooooor he sacrifices Matty to save his own neck. 50/50 on that with this comic.

I told you I don't like him, faggot. And Quigley is still going to have a redemption arc.

A few pages ago Quigley was running after Matty in a panic and begging Vienne's ghost not to take him. And now he is trying to go full villain. I don't trust anything the wanker says.

HarleyQUIGs on Copium

I think he'll ultimately go out saving Matty. With how he acted when Uaid died, he clearly can't stand to lose Matty, even if it's ultimately selfish. When the cards are down, I think he'd save Matty.

Besides, Matty is literally the only reason he hasn't killed himself. Wouldn't make much sense to leave him to die.

Elka confirmed moefag

Oh, oh, oh.

You know what would be REALLY fucked up?
During the story they mess up whatever weird khert system it is that makes Plats sacrifice their life force to live only 30 years, and Quigley has to contemplate a much longer lifespan.

>And Quigley is still going to have a redemption arc
I thought that was impossible if he knew handing over Vienne would get her killed. That's what you kept saying

I cannot grasp the psychology of being a guilt-driven masochist. I'm not saying you're wrong, but I completely cannot comprehend what you're explaining.

He's being hateful now. It's not past tense. It was past tense around Uaid's ruined body but it's flipped back to full-on hatred as Jivi has pointed out. This is a cunt thing to say in public even if in the next page he clarifies the past tense.

I understand that Quigley's journey to being a better person as the story progresses will have bumps as he struggles and has moments of regression conflicting with his changing feelings. But I feel like this moment just undoes any positive progress we've seen to this point.

I kinda want Elka to grab him and shake him and just confirm if at the very least he will fight with them against the silver.

>Quigley's journey to being a better person
That's not the journey he's on though

The lifespan/pymary effects of the Dammakhert are locked in at conception and never go away. If the Dammakhert is destroyed then there will be no more plats born afterwards, but all the plats around now wouldn't suddenly become normal. If negating the lifespan issue was as simple as moving out of Alderode then Quigley wouldn't be in his final years already.

Duane's probably listening, even if he's busy. Think he knows exactly what Quigley is trying to do?

Attached: 1636907561016.jpg (1024x893, 66.33K)

Yeah, I get he's not going to get better now. I thought Quigley was just going to be a static character and we just learn he's kinda just edgy and angsty all the time. Then I saw him at Uaid's body and thought that maybe he would evolve to be a bit better. And now I'm just thinking he's going to evolve but just into a shittier person.

>I don't trust anything the wanker says.

Some of it comes down to what a writer thinks they can get away with with their audience too. Like think Vader in the original trilogy. Luke senses good in him, in the end he kills the emperor and saves Luke and we kind of feel ok about it when he has his little helmet off moment and dies. Even though he killed Ben two movies before. But then the prequels show him murdering a roomful of children (and whining on about sand and other emo shit). If that happened in Return of the Jedi 10 minutes before we were supposed to feel better about him... yeah, it wouldn't have worked. Lucas is a hack, and had oogly-boogly he-was-in-the-grip-of-the-darkside bullshit to help him explain cunt-like actions, but it was still shit.

Cope isn't a hack. It's her story and she knows what she's doing. So we will see, won't we.

Attached: What a ponce.jpg (368x176, 20.65K)

This is why I really like Quigley as a character. His words, actions, and feelings don't match. While not a good person he's in complete denial about his good qualities because they don't fit with the idea he has of himself. He kind of has a reverse "best world" thing going on.

Attached: can't believe toma just died.jpg (795x366, 43.18K)

This feels like Matty is getting setup to take control of the silver.

"Oh you are in pain because the man you loved was using you? My father had my other tortured in front of me, I went blind, my father found me, and has been keeping me around while looking to die. Oh, my brother just died as well."

>This feels like Matty is getting setup to take control of the silver.
Even now, Matty is surrounded by nothing but squishes. No smoke eels trying to get in.

The khert truly loves plats.

You've never been at a point in your life where you start to say shit just to hurt the people around you?

>come out of this

Attached: 131138553755.jpg (575x432, 13.74K)

no I have a penis and testicles so when I want to hurt someone I actually hurt them instead of making them cry by hurting their feelings. Quiggs a biiiiiiiiitch

Are you seriously doubling down? Do you still actually believe that Quigley thought Vienne would survive?
Incredible

Quigley is so hot. Why isn't there Quigley lewds

I guarantee you that what Quigs is doing right now to Matty is going to fuck him up more than a beating ever would.
Physical trauma heals, but if you really want to hurt someone you use words.

He's not wrong though. His lectures were due to his personal experience. He was a dog for the state and because he was a dog of the state he knows it better then most. Duane just covered his eyes to the abuses and held aldarode with rose tinted glasses.

I like him too for the same reasons. He's the kind of guy who is so convinced that the world is a shithole that he can't allow himself to acknowledge the slightest bit of good or kindness he does. He's like those high school edgelord nihilists who think it's cool to not care about anything when in fact he does. If he truly believed all the things he said he'd have killed Matty and himself a long time ago. I have no delusions about him not being a shitty person but this seems to fit some of the larger themes where good people are capable of evil acts and evil people are capable of good acts.

Isn't he close to keeling over?