Why does DC keep pretending Slade is a anti-hero, or even competent?

>Supposedly the greatest assassin in the world

>But is stuck only fighting kids and keeps getting his ass kicked
>His biggest plan to defeat them involves fucking another child so she could join his side
>His family history involves him being emotionally and physically abusive

He should have been replaced by Deadshot or David Cain ages ago.

Attached: Pedostroke.jpg (640x473, 349.45K)

Personally, I find it amusing that they've walked back a bit on his push recently when more people were made aware that he slept with an underage girl. Their current stance seems to be, "he's a piece of shit, you shouldn't be rooting for him anyways" to deflect from the efforts of pushing him so hard being seen as popularizing a pedophile.

Somebody should tell the normies about hiw the original creators called her a little slut..

Because they're retards
He works best as a Teen Titans villain, and at a push as a solo Nightwing villain

I just assumed he's done a lot of mercenary work that we never really see. But when he's dealing with superheroes he either loses or has to hold back a bit because he doesn't want an angry JL on his ass all the time.

She is, but the point of being an adult is to recognize that shit is wrong in the first place, and to control the situation by refusing to be complicit in her desires. Under no fucking circumstance should Terra be seen as the one to take the blame of how things turned out, no matter how much of a shitty person she is, since Slade is the adult in that situation and should have acted like on by refusing. The fact that people try to somehow dump any kind of responsibility of Terra is a fucked up attempt to try to defend Slade from being seen as a creepy sex offender.

the normies are right about this one. Slade is a monster and Terra being secretly evil and in control of her actions the entire time was bad writing.

I hate how comics Slade is just some boring old guy instead of the mysterious planner he was in the cartoon. His costume also sucks compared to the show.

Attached: 4244920-slade.jpg (640x480, 22.19K)

>zoomer casual detected
Don't care if this is bait; it's past your bedtime.

Attached: 1510082508933.jpg (500x501, 35.66K)

Retards that read capeshit need quick labels. Hero, villain, anti-hero. Just don't be a cunt. You can see him as a hero, anti-hero, or villain. Just call him whatever you want.

Just like most Titans, TT Slade is the best Slade

>Just like most Titans
Most of them are boring and one-dimensional in the 03 TT cartoon.

Read the Priest run, bub

I love claw from inspector gadget.

>A guy named Priest wrote a run about a pedo
How appropriate

The Priest run is great, and i'm a newfag to comics. Really enjoyed it, this new deathstroke inc shit is lame though idk where to go next.

He did beat the strongest Flash and the strongest Green Lantern at the same time.
>His biggest plan to defeat them involves fucking another child so she could join his side
And it worked.

I see Colonol Sanders in the OP lol

>I wanted her to be cute but not beautiful. She looked like a young girl. I gave her a substantial overbite, her eyes were wide, her body was slim, she wasn't particularly busty. I wanted her to look almost elven, so that when you see her for the first time wearing full-make up and dressed in a provocative outfit where you know she's just been in bed with Deathstroke that it does jab you a bit. "Whoa, good God! This little girl is a slut!"

He is competent. There's dozens of comics out there where he does incredible things that very few other antagonists or even anti-heroes could claim to have pulled off. He even has a good few actual wins over the titans. He just also happens to be a villain, so now and then they have to make the good guys kick his ass. The Terra storyline was admittedly pretty irredeemable on his part, but it definitely had an impact and surprised readers. He's a pretty cool character that's suffered some mismanagement over his career, but the fact that he still has a decent fanbase proves his staying power.

Attached: ds.jpg (1280x1015, 647.65K)

Haven't read Deathstroke Inc. yet but nothing can top the Chad Priest Deathstroke run. Slade is best when he's doing his own mercenary work that's overshadowed by his fucked up family dynamics. He's always been best as a foil to the batfam

But bitchy Terra is just great in general.

Attached: ifei3g5wxddz.jpg (1041x1600, 349.66K)

>Slade is a monster and Terra being secretly evil and in control of her actions the entire time was bad writing
The point of it is Terra was both secretly evil, willing going along, but also Slade was totally grooming her and taking advantage of her psychological faults for his own benefit. It's the best, and worst, of both worlds.

Attached: Deathstroke (2016-) 027-008.jpg (1988x3056, 1.09M)

See, you're a retard, but seeing as you're too retarded to understand that, i'm going to dissect your weak, factually incorrect arguments, and prove you're take is shit.

>>Supposedly the greatest assassin in the world
Confirmed, bitch. When he was younger he was David Cain's equal, and is implied to be just as good at shooting as Deadshot. During Secret Six they tit for tat in quckdraw, and during War of Jokes and Riddles they sniped each others bullets out of midair.

>>But is stuck only fighting kids
How? When? Which kids did he fight, exactly? Provide proof. The Titans were all 20- somethings when he popped up, Gar was a teenager, true, but he still had significant superhero experience. And how does this make him any different from any other villain, ever, at all? You say this as if kids in DC are harmless and hurting them is a sign of weakness. Need i remind you how Tim Drake REKT Lady Shiva and nearly killed her with shroom combat drugs?

>>and keeps getting his ass kicked
When bitch? Provide proof. He never lost a single time during Judas Contract. He only let Jericho win because he was his son. He left the conflict unscathed, and later manipulated his way out of a trial. During Dark Titans, when he recruits Kid Crusader, Inertia, and a few others, his sidekicks get their asses handed to them, leaving Slade to solo two whole teams of Titans and then escape unscathed again while accomplishing his goal of getting Rose and Joey to see the Titans as family rather than him. Shall we also talk about how he humiliated Green Arrow, had him at his mercy, and only ran when the entire Justice League showed up? How he had a fucking Kryptonite bomb for Superman? Or that one time he solo'd five Leaguers while protecting Doctor Light? No? Ok.

Rose always look so vastly different in all her comic book appearances.

>and should have acted like on by refusing
Slade is a fucking villain. He didn't do that out of any real sexual desire. It was to warp her and turn her against the Titans

>This damned kid
Was Slade the original UOOOHposter?

Cont'd

>>His biggest plan to defeat them involves fucking another child so she could join his side
His master plan involves placing a mole within enemy ranks to learn their weaknesses, and the lay successful traps for them. As far as the child fucking is concerned, i honestly don't give a shit. Slade and Terra were both awful people, and they deserved each other. Authorial intent, and the story itself, confirm they were both awful people who deserved each other, and were both beyond redemption. It doesn't hamper my enjoyment of the character, and it shouldn't hamper yours.

>>His family history involves him being emotionally and physically abusive
So? The entire point of Slade's private life is to show that his chosen lifestyle, and addiction based relationship to war, have broken him mentally and spiritually, making him unable to express his feelings in a healthy way. He does desperately love his kids, Grant especially, but this love is toxic and abusive, and for all of Slade's regret and effort that can't change because he consciously chooses to be evil.

All this being said, i'm just tired of all this bullshit. Can't we just enjoy his fucking stories for once instead of bitching about non-issues?

Wasn't Deathstroke better then Cain in his youth? Considering that Deathstroke is a super soldier?

See pic related.

Attached: index7.jpg (182x277, 15.72K)

Ok groomer

I wish I could but alas I am not an ant.

>I've trained myself to kill
>doesn't kill
What did he mean by this?

Deathstroke is Batman for villains. Writers love to wank and self inserters love to read it.

Just look at this guy seething someone shit talked his precious mary stu The fact Slade is a confirmed pedo who mostly acts kids just makes it even worse. It's why he has a famously awful fanbase.
He's too popular to just be replaced, but he really should be killed off and have another family member of his take the mantle.

lol sorry dude, it was the only pic i could find this fast
Batgirls #2 btw

That's usually how his "greatest assassin" stick goes. It's usually just characters telling us he is, but he obviously never kills the heroes he shows up to assassinate.

>He's too popular to just be replaced, but he really should be killed off and have another family member of his take the mantle.
I wouldn't be surprised if that's what happens in the JL event.

Ephebophile, as Terra is clearly a teenager.

That's every assassin in comics when has Taskmaster or Deadshot ever killed any heros? We're always told they've killed many people, but when they need to kill a hero "the client wants them alive" or something to that effect.

>Deathstroke is Batman for villains. Writers love to wank and self inserters love to read it
Pretty much.

>Just look at this guy seething someone shit talked his precious mary stu (You) (You)
Yeah i'm guilty of doing that a lot. Granted i don't see how that makes me any worse or better than anyone else seething over their favorite character getting shafted, and poorly written, like what Williamson is doing right now.

>It's why he has a famously awful fanbase.
We're super passionate about a character literally everyone hates, and who will likely never again be written well. Imagine how Superman fans feel about their current status quo, but remove the hopeful optimism about things getting better once the current political climate blows over. That's being a Sladefag.

>He's too popular to just be replaced, but he really should be killed off and have another family member of his take the mantle.
I agree. I don't want him going the way of Tim. I would give him one last epic storyline where he manages to patch things up somewhat with Grant, and then have him take on the Deathstroke mantle, to avoid having two Ravagers.

Attached: 1hckuw.jpg (780x332, 119.87K)

If he gets slapped by Megan's Law and not allowed to live within a few miles of a school, the dude's a pedo.
Deadshot's old excuse was even better.
>won't kill Batman despite being very easily able to because he reminds me of muh brother
Yeah, that lower part of his face really dredges up those feelings.

She was already on his side and she coerced him into sex. COERCED!
He's a victim here.

>Or that one time he solo'd five Leaguers while protecting Doctor Light?
Nigga you did not just go there.

>calling this costume "good"
Disgusting.

Attached: 1646191134573.jpg (720x588, 33.07K)

>If you got the stamina, you can thank me for it later.

Attached: STAMINA.jpg (602x450, 115.73K)

Bitch, i might have.

Attached: iZLod1x.jpg (660x1024, 162.38K)

The only Deathstroke feat I'd actually call
"wank". I don't think Slade could take on Ollie and Dinah at the same time much less, the flash, green lantern, and Hawkman at the same time.

I think it's hype on both ends. He basically divorced all of them of their powers, yet they still kick his ass when Ollie stabs him in the eye and gives him a nervous breakdown.

It's garbage and everyone knows it. As stupid as Harley fucking over the Trinity.

The worst part of the Identity Crisis fight is that it requires almost every single hero to forget how to properly use their powers
I mean for fucks sake, Kyle goes in for a simple PUNCH just so they can have Deathstroke overpower his ring through physical contact

People seem to have forgotten that part again.

GL's have a bad habit of letting DS in close.

Attached: ds vs gl.jpg (970x1516, 472.87K)

Attached: ds flash.jpg (1272x1920, 838.6K)

Do zoomies even know who inspector gadget is?

Yes, im a zoomer and i made the reference.

Ok carry on.

Sladefag what else should I read next. I've only read the priest run and now Ds inc.. Should I do New 52?

>His master plan involves placing a mole within enemy ranks to learn their weaknesses, and the lay successful traps for them.
A ppan that should never worl in the first place because A) there's an fucking empath on the team and B) those traps were never really that good in the first place.

>I just assumed he's done a lot of mercenary work that we never really see.
Mercenary work we never see means nothing.

Tara being secretly evil is only to excuse Slade fucking an underage girl, Tara exist as a scapegoat for slade and in reality really didn't do anything to justify the narrative saying she's irredeemable.

>Authorial intent, and the story itself, confirm they were both awful people who deserved each other, and were both beyond redemption
Yeah but that's not true at all and you're lying to everyone here because Wolfman did give Slade redemption literally right after the judas contract.
And even during the judas contract Wolfman was trying to set up the idea that Slade is sympathetic character with redemptive features like his family still caring about him even though he abandoned them and is indirectly responsible for his own son's death.