Nick All-Star Brawl is desd

It's over Nickbros, nobody is working on the game. Once again, Yea Forums lost.

Attached: 0F0DFC32-4417-45B8-BEBC-3124715B46D6.png (713x79, 15.69K)

is this the biggest indie gaming flop of the decade?
>smash bros clone
>by a company that knows how to make a quality clone
>get hired by nickelodeon to do their own clone with nickelodeon characters
>nick has literal decades of loved cartoons ips to take from
>nick apparently doesn't give them a budget
>main dev fucks trannies and their discord is full of fags
>devs advertise it to fgc players and NOT regular people
>game comes out even more unfinished than what it is, has to release two dlc characters that were supposed to be in the game at a later date
>game feels fun to play but there is NO CONTENT, shitty netcode, characters no one gives a fuck about
>no jenny despite being THE MOST WANTED CHARACTER IN THE ROSTER
>instead add FOUR tmnt characters (even more than SPONGEBOB) and garfield who aren't even longtime nick characters
>one of the mods on the discord had to be let go because of grooming a minor
>even shilling the game to the """fighting game community""" didn't last long as they stopped playing it in a month
>one of the devs promise more content, dlc, voice acting and CROSSPLAY
>crossplay get's announced for Q1 of this year
>it's already April

>shitty netcode
better netcode than smash at least

It's a shame, too, I just wanted the joy of Garfield as a playable fighter in a decent game. Oh well, on to Multiversus kino, maybe some Brawl+ fag will port the Nickers to a melee fork someday.

Attached: 1643246350091.jpg (640x484, 34.31K)

>indie game
>licensed shit
Christ you guys are retarded

don't forget multiversus completely 1-uping them like a month later

>No Jimmy Neutron
It deserved to fail

>mfw the plugin that adds some good alternative skin mods to the game is dead thanks to the update where each character only gets one fucking alt

Attached: 1615583185753.jpg (378x372, 90.81K)

>nick has literal decades of loved cartoons ips to take from
Expect for the 2010s

Attached: CAC081AF-F437-4860-A777-47A690384AB3.png (1075x372, 372.43K)

>is this the biggest indie gaming flop of the decade?

Did No Man's Sky suddenly not exist anymore?

They've been religiously updating that game after the initial radio silence. Supposedly it now has almost half of what the initial trailer promised.

>haven’t played in a few months
Oh no they broke the mod manager? That was the only saving grace of this game

That was last decade dumbass

Nah I personally still think mighty no 9 still takes the cake of being the giant indie flop of the 2010s

The mod manager is still intact, but the alt skins mod doesn't work anymore

The problem with All Stars is that they advertise themself as the smash killer by having roll back and listening to the community. They dump over 40k on prize pools throughout multiple tournaments and payed competitive players to advertise their game.

Attached: FBOI6kWWYAQWSRu.jpg (1161x613, 58.24K)

I agree. I can understand No Man's Sky promising too much and delivering too little. It happens all the time.

All MN9 had to do was be a Mega Man game. This isn't hard. There are a hundred Mega Man games. They fucked it up anyway.

>Has Tranny Universe in it
Nah.

>main dev fucks trannies
Source?

>The problem with All Stars is that they advertise themself as the smash killer
retard

it's funny how nobody on Yea Forums plays fighting games lol

I honestly don't know what you faggots were expected. The minute I heard there'd be no VA's I knew it was a cheap cash grab.

nothing has convinced me that multiversus doesn't look like hot garbage but it'll probably be more popular thanks to a stronger content retinue.That's what matters. People having shit to talk about.

Imagine Nick actually giving them the budget of a AAA title like God of War or Call of Duty

I honestly believe the one that really really hurt this game was it didn't have any voices at all

If it had actual voice lines this game would probably still be played at least

But I don't think Nick was looking at the long term they just wanted a quick buck which is what hurt this game the most

I'll be honest with you here user
I've played both All-Star Brawl and Multiversus and I'll tell you this much, Multiversus feels a whole lot better to actually play than All Star.
Also the characters interactions are on point. Bugs Bunny asking Superman to join the Justice League made me giggle like a little fucking child.

>one of the mods on the discord had to be let go because of grooming a minor
i just don't get it, why does discord attract so many pedos

>why does discord attract so many pedos
Chatrooms are the main source of adult to child engagement because it can be a private space with direct messaging.

Better than K*rra lmao
I was in the beta test, even as unpolished as it is at this stage Multiversus is pretty fun and more importantly actually has its own identity. No Scorpion is fucking unforgivable though.

I'm here to play devil's advocate to as someone who likes platform fighters and hardcore grinded multiversus for 40+ hours: it feels pretty shitty. The characters aren't designed for 1v1s and it shows when you face any of the support characters that aren't Velma or pre-nerf Steven. They lock an integral mechanic behind a grind for literally every character, something League of Legends used to do for their rune system before even Riot realized that locking important gameplay modifiers behind big timesinks was retarded. The voice acting is mostly okay but it isn't directed well and often times I'd rather play with the voices off because of how frequently the characters rattled off a full two sentence zinger. Nick All-Stars is fast and responsive while Multiversus' pace is a lot slower and inputs feel awful with how many startup frames the attacks have.

NASB's visual polish all around is crummy but I can deal with it because the game's incredibly fun. Multiversus is going to do well if it retains its casual playerbase. The character models and animations are really good, environments look okay. The sound design is garbled bayformers shit for god knows why and the soundtrack is forgettable as fuck.

Attached: __carl_wheezer_and_judith_neutron_jimmy_neutron_drawn_by_mossacannibalis__90d99c608be2aba8670bbbd39bf1cdb0.jpg (1092x1906, 239.86K)

>The characters aren't designed for 1v1s
Sure, I'll play devil's advocate to your devil's advocate: this is Multiversus' biggest strength. By focusing on 2v2, something that is incredibly shitty and broken in Smash, it carves out its own platform fighter niche. Nick tries to be Melee, and whether or not it succeeds is irrelevant, because Melee is already Melee, and Meleefags have no reason to abandon the platform they've developed, even if they weren't notoriously resistant to change.

Attached: kirbspin.gif (498x413, 287.98K)

The 2v2 format is its biggest strength. It's best they crave a niche out for themselves in what's already a niche genre, but it's undeniable that people will want to play 1v1 over teams because teams has never been the main thing for any platform fighter community (outside of PSABR where the people who stuck with it actually liked that format). NASB isn't Melee and it never claimed to be. Wavedashing isn't exclusively a Smash thing, and the mechanical differences that NASB has (teeter, universal cargo throw, aerial strongs, strafe, RPS strong system) sets it far apart from Melee. Nobody's trying to steal Meleefags from Melee, Melee is eternal.

Attached: a048c5a162ec9c04738e918274ad592ecc6298e1.jpg (814x1660, 146.18K)

>main dev fucks trannies and their discord is full of fags
How this fact has anything to do with the actual game?

It results in a subpar game with a subpar community.

How, exactly?

>Four TMNT characters
>Not even all four turtles, just two alongside April and Shredder
That was the nail in the coffin for me. At least they were handled okay in Injustice 2

Attached: D6gATxWUYAAkLpb.jpg (302x194, 16.78K)

ah, that's where we differ. I never even touched the 1v1 mode and I had a blast playing with a friend of mine online.

Hmm? What about the cartoon network one?

I mostly played 2v2s after trying some 1v1s and hating them. Lots of people are gonna get into this game trying to play it 1v1 and they'll get burnt when they find out their favorite character isn't good in them. The most fun I had was with friends too.

Surprisingly the devs actually managed to fix no mam's sky. It's still kimd of a shitty game,but nowhere near the dumpster fire it launched as.

The proof is in the pudding. Play the game.

Trump lost.

Rent free

I've been pissed about that for a while now and went back to modded smash 4.

I was never hyped. No Jimmy, Timmy, XJ9, El Tigre, or Rocket Power?

Fuck outta here

>MOST WANTED CHARACTER IN THE ROSTER
lol, fuck off waifufag

I'm glad I cancelled my order instead of buying day one
They should just cut their losses and license out the characters for that one game and just hand them all their files

It had Zero soul

Are license games just super unprofitable now? Why is has no company filled the void THQ left?

This had so much potential and clout behind it. They really dropped the ball.

No gamer wants to play a kids game and there are no characters in there that kids like

It was okay considering the shoe string budget. The price should have been 30$ though

>exclusively

What rock do you live under?

is there a release estimate for multiversus yet?

Attached: shaggyskins.jpg (1920x1080, 273.76K)

>All MN9 had to do was be a Mega Man game. This isn't hard. There are a hundred Mega Man games. They fucked it up anyway.
You see the thing is MN9 kinda is a Mega Man game - it's just not a very good one.
There is a lot, and I do mean A LOT, of reasons MN9 is bad from the Kickstarter mismanagement, overall design flaws, amongst other things.
Like I'll give the team behind No Man's Sky credit for fixing and at least making the game decent, and All Star Brawl though kinda janky whenever I see it in action at least has that, "not bad but decent," licensed game feel to it.
But yeah, Mighty Number 9 will probably go down in history not just for how at it's very best it's just kinda, bleh, but also for probably single handily destroying the reputation of not only it's creator but also the website used to fund it.

I don't think most fighting games can really justify getting a triple-a budget.
There's a very niche market there unless you're Smash Bros.

Good riddance to trash with IPs no one cares about. We have WB brawl coming which is infinitely superior.

Who?

>indie
what

also literally who is jenny? you smashtards are so fucking stupid

The most hilarious thing about NASB is that on the day it was released, Sora was announced as the final DLC fighter for Ultimate