People born in the late 90s grew up on The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy

People born in the late 90s grew up on The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy.

Attached: Screenshot_83.jpg (600x600, 69.87K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4sOBOz0qyPw
youtu.be/UcyyOSJ4GUY
youtube.com/watch?v=vpLRJyWe814&ab_channel=CsengerAttilaSzabó
twitter.com/swagkirby778/status/1441221187921752064
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Fucking hateful fart cartoon. Glad it's over.

youtube.com/watch?v=4sOBOz0qyPw

Yes.

Favorite episode?

>Billy & Mandy was his only hit
>Evil Con Carne was a flop
>Underfist series was cancelled
>his other show that he developed for CN never got made
>FIRED from CN since Billy & Mandy ruined their brand
>spend years working on Dead Meat, only for it to get cancelled after 7 years of development due to Union reasons
>diagnosed with autism
>is low on money and has to sell his background and production art from B&M
>currently works at Nickelodeon on the infamous Patrick Star Show, a spinoff of a show his close friend C.H. Greenblatt worked on
There is truly no hope for Maxwell Atoms

Attached: 91CCC357-DB67-4AE0-A0D9-DC468FC6E8D8.png (598x595, 736.28K)

Everyone likes that one because it has the iconic destroy us all scene.

the one with the dwarves that farm mushrooms

That scene went on WAY too long and it was a far cry from the original seasons, which were a horror comedy. The later seasons were fucking shit and started focusing on booger, fart, shit, repeating gags, pop-culture references, characters screaming constantly, and meme humor (Fred Fredburger, the word "yo momma" repeated over and over again, etc.).

The destroy us all scene was basically an homage to Invader Zim since Billy has the same VA as Zim. And the joke was that it went on too long, jokes like that are loved when Family Guy does it.

Probably brown evil.

Attached: mandy.jpg (350x350, 15.36K)

This is the pic I was talking about in another thread that I find extremely creepy. This is Chris Hansen-tier.

You must be new then.

BETTER THAN CANDY YOUR SO DANDY BUTTERCUP DANCER IIIII LOOOOOOOVVVE YOUUUUYUUUUU

Neck yourself, newfag.

I frequent Yea Forums, I've seen a lot of creeps. But the fact that Mandy isn't in the least bit sexualized in the show combined with her being a child is what pushes it over the edge for me.

I can understand making pics like this for Pokemon girls because even though they're kids, at least the creators sexualized them. Mandy has no sexual characteristics whatsoever.

Little Rock of Horrors into The Pie Who Loved Me mini musical (Evil Con Carne) and finishing off with Dream a Little Dream with the bad pizza fever dreams
Episode 13 of Grim & Evil slapped

This is some shitty band whose name I can't remember.

Do you also find all the sexualized noodle-limb calart shit on this board deeply unnerving?

Attached: pacificapose.jpg (2048x1430, 274.7K)

>I frequent Yea Forums
Why? All you did is make yourself look like a massive retard, considering that the place is literally inhabited solely by 13 year olds who think they're being "edgy".

It's true. We had it fucken good.

Attached: Billy and Mandy - S2E06 - The Crawling Niceness ~ Smarten Up! ~ The Grim Show.avi_snapshot_18.23_[2021.08.27_15.35.23].png (512x384, 489.03K)

i showed it to my younger brother and sister and they loved it

The show was better when it was darker and weird. Fit with the gothic vibe. It got too silly and dumb with Fred Fredburger and forced too much toilet humor with Billy. I mean, Billy is already the naive idiot. What would the point of Fred be? At least Max confirmed he ded

I was born in the early 90s, it's a good show and it's pretty damn funny.

Attached: go back.gif (498x224, 1.33M)

God emperor of dune

Billy was always toilet humor, what the fuck are you on about?

You are getting boned.

wait how did B&M ruin CN?

It didn't, he's exaggerating and conflating shit to make it seem like Max is half a step away from being a homeless hasbin. There was a change in executives at CN and the new head referred to B&M as a "horrible fart cartoon" or something to that effect.

Having one hit with 8 seasons is still a big achievement. Especially in the US animation industry which tends to fuck even established creators over. Seems like he's doing well for himself job wise, but I wish studios gave his original ideas a chance again.

>Seems like he's doing well for himself job wise, but I wish studios gave his original ideas a chance again.
He had to sell his puppets and props at one point just to make rent.

>Duck
>Fear and Loating in Endsville
>Little Rock of Horrors
>Secret Snake Club
All kino episodes.

almost all those points can be attributed as being CNs fault

People born in the early 90’s grew up on it too because they were still only like 10 when it came out. Childhoods bleed over between generations.

>8 seasons
6 seasons

youtu.be/UcyyOSJ4GUY

Tom ascheim needs to get ventilated. Id much rather have more "hateful fart cartoons" then the cucked shite on current CN

>Yea Forums
ah yes the newfag board

>Eustace's Seed N Feed
uh oh

the tricycle one

>then the cucked shite
School has failed you.

>being pedantic about unimportant inconsequential spelling errors
Fuck off

Can I say that pic related actually kinda holds up better when you grow up and realize that he was mostly designed to be the silly light hearted part of an episode that was designed to satirize child custody battles?

Attached: 58698C7A-C669-4653-9374-5A7513CD1AEF.jpg (483x450, 20K)

youtube.com/watch?v=vpLRJyWe814&ab_channel=CsengerAttilaSzabó
Brains, brains, I can't lie!

Yeah it was my favorite show as a kid. Something I've noticed is cartoons now seem to be scared to do anything other than "lighthearted" humor.

I legit don't know how Maxwell Atoms got a show where the Grim Reaper is a main character greenlit on a network for kids, but I'm glad it was.

If CN never made him an overused mascot, most people would remember him more fondly, like here in the UK.

And he's nowhere near comparable to Cheese, despite the insistence of some anons here. Unlike Fred, that fucktard actually was annoying, overused, detracted from the plot, and forced into episodes that didn't need him.

'98 myself, you're not special, I hate this is the hill my generation wants to die on. Also Ed Edd n Eddy was the superior cartoon from the period, followed by KND.

I hated Ed Edd n Eddy as a kid and always waited for Grim Adventures which was always after it.

The ones with Dracula are always kino

This is the same network that greenlit a show where Satan tormented farm animals, and Atoms worked on that show.

I think the biggest difference is Fred was used more functionally than Cheese. When he was present, it was either to make characters suffer or to distract from a lot of the darker things happening in the show.
He was random as fuck but his appearances never were. There was always a point to Fred being there in a given episode

On-model rule 34 is a thousand times better yet a thousand times more difficult to get correct.

The point is that while Billy and Mandy is technically more of a millennial show, it's the most annoying thing in the world when millennials pretend late 90s babies didn't also watch it.

Fred Fredburger worked well because he was more old-school courtroom comedy in his first episode. But then CN insisted on making him their mascot and his other episodes sucked dick.

Alright, if this show was SO good, quote one line from it you remember. Because I can’t

Fred Fred Burger.
DESTROY US ALL

Not me.
CN was not popular in my country in the 2000s, we had Nickelodeon and Jetix.

Please pass the egg salad

>Underfist series was cancelled
Well, at least we got one good thing out of this.

buenos dias mandy

Billy's VA actually said this.
twitter.com/swagkirby778/status/1441221187921752064

just because someone looks different than you, or thinks differently than you, doesn't mean you should be afraid of them. it means you should be angry at them! how dare they be different? what, my way of life ain't good enough for 'em?