South Park psychoanalysis

>Why is Tweek so clingy and how come a guy who values his personal space a lot like Craig still dates him?
Most people in the show refuse to believe in him being capable of anything. His typical interaction is people not even bothering to reason with him, but just calling him fucking crazy and demanding he do what they want rather than reason with him. Craig doesn't, ergo, Tweek becomes attached to him.
>why does Craig still date him
Craig displays some tendencies of protective behavior whenever it's related to anyone he extends his presence over. See when CATG beat the fuck out of Kyle for punching Clyde, or him getting pissy over Tweek supposedly insulting his guinea pig for an example of him doing this for someone besides Tweek. Craig is an emotional retard but ultimately he's a protective emotional retard.

Also Tweeks lack of self esteem. When he was chosen for the group project in Gnomes, Tweek HIMSELF advocates against himself saying he's a troublemaker.
His parents babied him and quite frankly traumatized him. They never told him that he was able to solve problems, and instead raised him to think there's no way out once you're in a difficult situation and to just not take risks in the first place.
In TvC, Eric and the gang were hyping him up saying Tweek could totally beat Craig, that was probably the first time he was ever told that kind of thing. And I don't think i even have to explain how this applies in TxC in like the whole episode, but that whole "you're capable of more than you think" scene is a perfect example.

Attached: 1649043322135.jpg (1259x1500, 288.7K)

Other urls found in this thread:

draw.kuku.lu/pchat.php?h1f8732a
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Pretty much a long form version of what I was trying to say already, but I get what you mean. Particularly about Tweek's parents. Even outside of the potential behind the scenes fuckery with the meth, Richard and his wife have basically raised their son with the mentality of that the only way to be safe is to do nothing and stay reliant on them forever. It's kind of interesting that they're SO into Tweek being with Craig, considering that, since it feels like that's inevitably going to be a conflict of interests for them. But I also don't think they're particularly smart per se, just excessively and effectively manipulative. 1/3

The thing about TvsC is interesting too, though, I hadn't really thought of that. But it's like an opposite in a lot of ways too. Cartman and friends thought Tweek was capable of doing something but portrayed it in a negative light (Tweek can do it because he's a troublemaker) but Craig thought Tweek was capable of doing something and portrayed it in a positive light (Tweek is capable of more than he thinks). Both episodes are a nice night and day contrast, honestly.

I think his parent's stance on him being with Craig is that of typical "autism moms" when their child reaches adulthood, they want to pass them off to be someone else's problem. Or they want to take care of him but know they won't be around forever and want a stable backup. Someone else to care for him when they're gone since Tweek is incapable of doing anything on his own in their mind.
Craig is that backup for them. They probably see him as less of their sons boyfriend- or even another kid, and more as Tweeks safety net and schoolday tard wrangler/pity-friend.

Tweeks parents also don't seem to see people as people, like, in general. if that makes sense.
They seem to have significant lack of emotional empathy, like how someone would feel for a virtual pet compared to a real one. Their son has certain sets of needs that they need to follow to keep him alive, keeping their son alive is their goal. Mr and Ms Tweak didnt care about the ethics of their coffee shop until it became a potential legal issue that would reflect badly upon them. The success of their business affects them financially and socially, so they simply act like AI algorithms and calculate the best possible decision under such circumstances. Like when people train bots to learn games, and they go about it using logic and calculation but they fail in situations where you need genuine creativity and spontaneity. This also could explain their logic of "just don't get into bad situations in the first place. It's that simple!" And them turning on eachother so naturally in the Child Abduction episode after they learned about the statistics of parents who kidnap their own child, it's like if you gave a paradox situation to a computer. They didn't react emotionally like normal people and make decisions based on trust and faith on their partner, they went

Hmm. I don't personally slide towards them caring too much about Tweek himself and more about the potential of problems he could cause by either getting in trouble or outright not being there (free child labor and all). But at the same time I absolutely see the angle you're coming in from, especially since out of all the characters in the show they seem to believe in Tweek the very least. They even outright say in TxC that they always just thought he was a crazy spaz. It would make some amount of sense that they would see Craig in that way, as well as explain Richard's outright devastation over losing that potential future safety net.

It's particularly sad because despite approximately no one believing in him and his parents believing the least in him, Tweek appears to be an exceptionally talented person and his parents babying him is most definitely the reason those abilities get squashed so often. Surround yourself with people who have no confidence in you, and you immediately lose confidence in your ability to do anything regardless of your own capabilities. Makes me wonder about the piano thing, though, there's no way that they didn't know he was capable of that. Kids don't just learn that shit overnight, much less how to write original compositions, so they must have at some point invested in getting lessons for him. Maybe they just saw it as a way to distract his maniac energy or something.

>Stan is not a leader type like Cartman.
Stan is a subtle type of leader, but he is the de facto one. Kenny is supposed to be the glue that holds the group together, but Stan is the one that gives the group its morals. If he doesn't approve of something and walks, the majority of the group probably walks with him. He's also the one that officializes any of the group's attitude towards something (musical episode), when the group is split between Kyle and Cartman arguing Stan usually breaks it up or just leaves with Kenny. The biggest point in Stan's favor in being the real de facto leader of the group of course is he's the one that breaks the group up-if Stan's done there's no real point being friends because Kyle and Cartman despise each other and Kenny's too passive to assume Stan's role.

The South Park kids dynamics are really fun for a psycho-analyst autist like me to look into, and no one person in the main 4's friend group is a 'weak link,' they all have a part in keeping the group a thing. Kenny, Cartman and Stan are good on their own, but Stan is passive and despite everything, he'll eventually be manipulated by Cartman, and Kenny is Cartman's best friend so he'll ride with him on most things. Thus you easily see how Cartman takes dominance and becomes the leader. Now we add in Kyle; suddenly we have a whiny, nagging little bitch of a kid constantly preaching about morals and what is and isn't right as well as constantly calling out and opposing Cartman, who represents the selfish desires of the group and suddenly we have two opposing and equal dynamics that almost never agree on something. Opposites attract, but these two are so opposite they loop around back to being the same and thus repel each other, so it takes Stan, who exists in between the extremes and directs the group, as well as a common interest in Kenny to tie Kyle and Cartman together. Kyle is a pretty important figure.

That also brings me to Craig's group which is equally as interesting to try and figure out, but the lack of content with them makes it pretty hard. I think Craig and Token divide up a role similar to Stan's in keeping the group together, but Craig plays the more subtle role while Token plays a more direct and authoritative role, which one could possibly equate to Cartman's. Knowing how Token gets over racism, we could also argue that he's suitably preachy and moral like Kyle, so for the sake of the discussion let's assume he is, that ALSO makes him a Kyle in this role. Two opposing dynamics in one body demands equating forces, so Craig's apathy basically cancels Token out and the group finds it easier to rally under or behind Craig as opposed to Token. But Craig is so very 'whatever' that he doesn't really take action. Bringing it around to Clyde, he has to assume a role that actually gets the group into doing something, like Cartman, and it's pretty easy to imagine him doing so. Just look at Stick of Truth for how far Clyde will take something if he's been slighted. As for Jimmy, he more or less has Kenny's role, but in a more active way. I imagine he's very good at defusing arguments and the like, plus there's always going to be that desire to defend him, he's crippled. So Jimmy's their glue and center. Tweek is probably just if Wendy and Butters had their roles fused, easily baited into shenanigans on Clyde's part, but not necessarily always there like Wendy.

It'll probably be easier for you to just imagine Token as sorta like the Kyle of the group in that case. I claim Token as the active leader of CATG(but not a leader they really look to for in-group issues) thanks to the Covid specials, Token was really taking charge there and we're kinda desperate for CATG content so we have to take it. It's my fault for the wording, but you're probably imagining Clyde being an asshole just like Cartman, I more meant he actually gets the group into doing stuff, he's the one that keeps up with trends and tries to leap at chances to pull off his crack plans, which aren't usually that thought through. Again I point at Stick of Truth to really justify my reasoning here, Clyde very easily will react and take things too far, and comes up with asinine plans to get the best kind of outcome for himself. Lice Capades, if you can stomach the other useless half of the episode, is a great example of how Clyde's concerned with his social status in school, but a bit too passive to really do much about it all. Thinking about it, we could potentially say CATG are like a mirror of the main 4-Stan's so average and emotional so you mirror that into someone so apathetic they're only just now figuring out their emotions and have a stable relationship status. Kyle has a big moral fiber, but he's so obsessed with Cartman he only directs that towards him. Token inverts that by directing it outwards towards the world, and we can also say that while Kyle wants to stand out and go against the grain with his conscience, Token also has a desire to fit in despite everything about him. Token ALSO has a stable love interest, kek. Clyde is a dumbass who overreacts when slighted, but too much of a pussy to take direct action if his street cred is on the line. He's infuriatingly stupid so everyone rips on him. Jimmy is Kenny if he was actually able to survive without his friends,(Kenny is far too clingy) which is why Jimmy gets much more pussy than Kenny.

*Pees cofusedly*

Attached: 20220314_070632.jpg (778x625, 25.87K)

that makes a lot of sense as to why he's so fucked up and doubts himself constantly, not to mention all the meth. Kinda sad actually
I love your analysis, friend

Attached: oh-yeah-ricky-berwick.gif (190x200, 462.59K)

I dig around in my nose and eat my boogers while driving and look at people in nearby cars while doing it if I'm driving fast enough we won't see each other again

Butters would be more likable if he was returned back to secondary character status, the town hated him, and he was given his own little Melvin group
Them + Kevin and Scott would make a great joke group, any one of them can just show up, ruin a social gathering and get bullied, or try to do something cruel and fail miserably because they simply don't understand the concept of cruelty.
They could've been an excellent play on the idea that kid character are pure and can do no wrong and contrast the whole asshole town idea even further.

Attached: DIE.gif (498x410, 1.2M)

fun fact before showed up, this whole thread only had 1 poster discussing this with himsf

Attached: 1648591871565.png (521x366, 280.97K)

They were just copy pasting it from last thread

Still though, why

i still support the "Tweek is a perfectly normative child born to two massively autistic parents" headcanon

booger race
yes

Attached: GRIPPING THREAD TOPICS.png (738x516, 95.48K)

yknow how homestuck classes divide into "passive acting" and "active acting"? same thing with CATG and the main 4, where every active member in the main gang has a passive alternative in CATG, the only outlier being kenny and jimmy, whereas kenny is the passive role and jimmy is the active one

Garrison is still the most 3 dimensional and versatile character in South Park, often switching between an angry straightman teacher to an outright angry shooter, homosexual, transexual and various other things. Garrison is like a much more superior Cartman and Randy. Cartman is too dumb and never plays the straightman role because Trey sucks at writing. Randy is too easy to influence and foolishly follows orders around like Butters and Jimmy but without even adding his own personality to it like those 2 do. Meanwhile Garrison takes the role and dominates it, he's the boss ordering everyone around, just like Cartman when he became a ginger. Basically if Garrison joined the fraternity group with PC Principal he would have went balls to the walls and turned it into something completely different just like the Evolution episode.

Randy ends up being a shittier character than Butters and Jimmy because Randy's personality just gets completely consumed by his specific hobby, Butters and Jimmy's personalities remain constant.
Randy used to be the straightman and normal calm person in early seasons, often Sharon was the insane one.
Honestly you know who Randy reminds me of? Heidi. When Heidi turned into Cartman she didn't feel like she naturally developed into the hobby like Garrison, Butters, Jimmy. She just exaggerated on it very moronically just like Randy does. Randy and Heidi weren't acting like themselves, they were acting like they were being mind controlled or reading off a script they did not understand.
Hell you could say Cartman is the cheaper version of Garrison.

Considering Garrison pretty much had 2 personalities in him since day 1 with his Mr Hat shtick just like Cartman's Mitch Connor, but better, he indeed should be considered the most 3-dimensional and versatile. Garrison's stories are far more entertaining than Randy's hobbies.

Butters and Jimmy are far more balanced with how they handle their job takeovers compared to Cartman and Garrison.

Attached: stank face.jpg (1383x996, 97.76K)

....this isnt the comfythread is it?

I.. thought it was

Attached: food pls.png (193x215, 52.03K)

be the comfy you wish to see

well comfythread is up in the catalog...

What Simpsons and South Park's main cast lack are very stereotypical characters who know just a few things but are insanely good at their job. Despite misconceptions stereotypes have nothing to do with dimensions. Stereotypes are simply the frequency of the traits used and if said traits may or may not fall into an archetype. Stereotypes are incredibly good entertainment characters ESPECIALLY when paired together. Cartman sadly is the only stereotype of his group and he's a very crappy one because he's the egotistical dumb stubborn one like Bender. Stubborn characters do not make for good chemistry and unpredictable decisions, you can immediately tell what they'll do next and their lack of open mindness makes them a nightmare to have in teams unless you lower their egocentricity.

Josh Myers and The Mole characters were incredibly 1 dimensional yet incredibly memorable and interesting despite their few traits. What was even more interesting was that they each had an innocent scared child persona hidden in them whenever faced with true authority. That passiveness is what you need in order to create an unpredictable balanced character.

Unlike most realistic mature characters like Randy and especially scared kids like Kyle and Stan personality-filled characters who march to the beat of their own drum can often takeover the story or any scene and make it revolve around them, which most passive characters without that aura around them are incapable of doing so. Butters and Jimmy often get ordered around to do things, they never control the scene like Cartman and Garrison do.

Stereotypes are much much more effective characters because they exhibit their traits 24/7. There's not 1 scene where you don't know who they are like how most people don't know about Jimmy's asshole side. At the same time they are not contradicting, just like Josh and Christophe are not contradicting themselves when they act feeble and weak in the face of specific authority.

Why would you make another thread? We're trying to behave and not get /trash/ed

Attached: 1649023483561.jpg (930x930, 301.15K)

This one ain't comfy

Discuss/psychoanalyze pic?

Attached: FIs6O58VQAArg1l.jpg (2014x2048, 418.68K)

They didn't put comfy in title on purpose my man. Changing up the topic is for the best, and if it says the same thing every time, well...

I especially did not put "edition" as the first line for this thread because I know bot filters look for that word.
Be careful. "Comfy" might be a word that is on the watchlist. The bot will report anything that contains comfy and the janitor will do his job. I hope I am wrong about that particular world, but in my experience I know I'm not.

Turns out Kyle is actually based, who woulda thought

Attached: 1647423463199.jpg (1043x2048, 1.65M)

I don't think we should make another thread friend, I know OP copy and pasted the analysis dump from the last thread so we wouldn't get pruned. We just have to make it c*mfy, that's all bro

Attached: tumblr_ok4unw4wnx1veftppo1_1280.png (1280x948, 844.75K)

Almost HG day lads, who will you be nominating?

Attached: 1648535865771.png (700x700, 332.89K)

*walks into hungew games*

Attached: 1648684616184.png (520x419, 195.53K)

>inb4 mimsy lasts twice as long as him again

Attached: walks into twead.png (544x584, 74.02K)

What you have in front of you are some very potent characters without any room for useless roles. At first you might think there is no voice of reason and no normal characters, no straightman roles, but you couldn't be more mistaken. The secret is that there are in fact 3 straightmen in there and with Cartman 4 if we modify him a little.

I personally think they are perfect, especially with Garrison as the lead.
The dynamic can and will be interesting because Josh is also a leader/teacher-type character who likes to talk... a lot.
Garrison and Cartman can be very stubborn, but Garrison can often be a straightman and Cartman be the dumb one when he's not plotting. Josh can be the one plotting when Cartman isn't in his smartest mood, same for Christopher and same if Garrison isn't being batshit insane that day. Josh can also return to his soft kid persona just like Christopher and often just like Garrison when he isn't a yelling teacher and Cartman before they flanderised him.
This cast as a team can only work if they either: take turns taking orders from each other or are all on the same page for what they want to achieve.

This cast can be amazing if you do not forget their straightman/soft kid personas.

Having them fight each other while all 4 are in their dominant state for comedy's sake... while absolutely superior over Kyle vs Cartman will also be more disastrous in terms of violence and scheming, it will be like Spy Vs. Spy but with 4 instead of 2 characters. It will make Kyle look like early season Cartman by comparison.

4 is a really good number because you can go in teams of 2 and you can even have the iconic trio with a leader on top or when the leader isn't available.

Trey and Kishimoto had the right idea... 4 is a stronger number than 3, if only they had fucking thought about the characters they picked. Kenny is such a Sakura.
Fantastic Four is an excellent team. 4 is an absolutely stronger dynamic than 3.

Attached: 19749320526.jpg (1920x1080, 221.52K)

>36 posts
>Only 6 IPs
What the fuck is wrong with you schizos?

DONT POST THAT

Thats not even that bad of a ratio considering its mostly a discussion thread so far, damn

would he still have glasses if he was enabled? i know ablebodied people also have em, not just normal people, but i wonder if its directly correlated with his downs in this case

*reenables your speds*

Attached: THE CROWN DOESNT HELP JIMMY.jpg (1920x1080, 267.97K)

I don't know actually, I just kept them to make him still recognizable as Nathan

Jimmy is so sweet, what a good boy.

Attached: FPSAAQFakAEP5-b.jpg (511x680, 104.07K)

fair

This whole episode was so weird man
Also undeniable proof that Jimmy's ass is severely burger'd

Attached: 20220325_183216 (1).png (419x450, 211.69K)

someone post all the "Jimmy Valmer creator of Sonichu" content from last thread plox

Hypothetically if you are a dumb as fuck executive you'll try to shove Stan and Kyle down my throat because you're a dumb executive. Because you think this dynamic needs "balance" by adding "passive" characters when I already have passive characters because they have passive sides to them.

-An executive would tell me to get rid of Garrison and Cartman because they're too authorative and have them replaced with Kyle and Stan for "balance" purposes. They'll soon find out that the audience finds them boring and to have them removed just like Kenny.
-Another executive would tell me hey why don't we have a 6-man dynamic? and then Stan & Kyle get put on the A-team as some of the most boring characters possible.

-Another executive who might think he's smart and I give him a 10% yes will have Josh and Chris replaced with Stan and Kyle but we keep Garrison so he can act as the leader and parent figure like Chef, but crazier without being an idiot like Randy.
Only to then realize Man Garrison and Cartman carry this dynamic, Stan and Kyle are so boring why couldn't they be more interesting?

And then we go back to my original idea of just having 4 fucking interesting characters to begin with.
Again the whole idea is that all 4 of these characters have passive sides to them, their normalfag personas, before their personalities kick in when it's action time.

Attached: 197493205262.jpg (1920x1080, 228.25K)

I love this little ass burger'd comedian

Attached: JIMMY HES DYING.jpg (1920x1080, 270.8K)

Considering that this is a circlejerk on the same level as what /hsg/ used to be, yeah, it's pretty fucking bad. It's an echo-chamber mostly decided to a few attention whores.
This place legitimately needs to be kicked off for being a glorified general.

this made me think
when did jimmy first appear in the show after his first episodd? cause originally he was supposed to be a one off chara in fripple ciggt, some kid from another town who would never appear again
but then he started showing up in school
did he start appearing in the bg? or was his first reappearance since then significant

I've got this

Attached: 1649329814266.png (808x1050, 1.49M)

Weird how you guys keep getting nuked
just plain odd

uh so
drawboard still has some space left, guys
draw.kuku.lu/pchat.php?h1f8732a

Attached: 1649041359785.png (1083x647, 32.16K)

i hate this image so much

Attached: 1647517045861.jpg (381x406, 13.83K)

Hey Nathanfag/Cripplefucker. Up yours, buddy.

>that butters
but who is pushing him on to the bed to begin with hmmmm

Very cursed. Don't do this to jimmy

Heidi's dad

Attached: DOKFRH5VoAAvSSs.jpg_large.jpg (1920x1080, 183.09K)

fuck is THAT about?

Attached: 20220324_083305.jpg (116x81, 4.43K)

JESUS

Attached: 1648587125539.jpg (736x736, 33.04K)

You don't have to know.

Attached: pp,840x830-pad,1000x1000,f8f8f8.u2.jpg (1000x1000, 88.53K)

suck me Max

HOT

Blow me, Crip.

i might fagboy

Call 9/11 , we're going to need a clean-up crew.