Can we get a jackie chan adventure thread going

Can we get a jackie chan adventure thread going

I been rewatching this and im blown away how great the animation, the voice acting, the premise

A really great cartoon for a something that seems like a gimmick

Attached: Screen Shot 2022-04-07 at 11.31.38 AM.png (1198x678, 1010.58K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=c8-hAO-Cx0M
youtu.be/AE4S2Z_NZ6o
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It was a show that definitely had character development.

I think the main boss, starts off as the big bad mob boss but after loss after loss just ends up a nobody walking around tattered clothes.

Tohru is probably the best development from goon to uncle apprentice. Another interesting aspect is even though he's going straight his mom sees it as a step down since working dirty brought him more cash.

El Toro was a fun Luchador hero, surprisingly faithful considering this show stars Asians. I feel like they drop the ball with Paco who starts off a high strong kid like Jade but later episode is this insecure scadey cat. Reminder his second episode he kisses Jade.

I do like the spy, I want to say Viper? She made a cool Catwoman love interest to Jackie, also it was nice seeing her act like an almost cool aunt to Jade.

awesome designs all over the show. the generic hand guys looked super cool.

I like when we got different versions of the shadow ninjas.

Attached: Shadowkhan.png (982x960, 492.35K)

Jackie Chan, despite being pro communist, puts a great amount of effort into the early projects he was involved in. I don't credit him entirely but I think he wasn't willing to put his name on a shody product at the time.

Haven't watched it since it was on tv

Shendu was awesome
shame he turned out to be the bitch of his family

Attached: jade02.jpg (950x1140, 62.97K)

werd. great show.

Tohru was a much more interesting character than Zuko, underrated

This was a favorite growing up. Each season having an overarching plot stuck out to me even as a kid. Very creative, funny show and like op said strangely great for a gimmick show. This, Xiolan Showdown, and Avatar are the trifecta of Asian inspired western cartoons.

>Actual cute raisins girl who isn't some calarts blob face

nice

Are the demons based on any real chinese mythological precedent or were they just created for the show out of thin air?

Dare I semi-derail this thread by asking which three talismans anons would pick of given the choice?

OP here
I seriously do not even remember what the talimans do since last time I watched the show was when I was a kid. Im on ep 3 and I was trying to guess what the roaster's powers were and I couldnt figure it out until it showed it on the show. I know snake is invisibility, ox is strength and I think dragon is laser eyes?
Lets see if my guesses are correct

i think pig was laser eyes. dragon was fire breath i think.

Both dragon breath and laser eyes was a bit redundant. If you have one do you really need the other?

Mike Tyson mysteries > Jackie Chan adventures

Attached: Jade Jackie Chan Cartoons - Carls Jr.jpg (1122x1068, 1.43M)

Yes. You run a gimmick of making sure people know you can breathe fire. If you're ever restrained, they'll find a way to seal your mouth. That's when you start up the "OH FUCK user HAS LASER EYES?!" murdering.

I'm pleasantly surprised to see someone else appreciating the animation on this show, might have been some of the nicest animation of the era.

Attached: jadepacokiss.png (586x790, 358.36K)

Its weird that they put so much effort into making this a good cartoon

Yeah, even if it did get a little repetitive. Find 12 talimans, find 12 animals, find 12 masks

They were based on the Bagua

But I think they switched Lake/Marsh with the Moon

Attached: Screenshot_20220407-180405_Chrome.jpg (1941x595, 214.39K)

Attached: jadeglomp.gif (480x360, 2.13M)

Attached: Jade does a thing.webm (640x480, 1014.11K)

Fucking loved this show growing up.
Same. The masks were dope.

Remember that before his face-turn, he was 100% willing to eat Jackie.

The different breeds of Shadowkhan were cool

But the Oni Generals having bodies similar to their specific army was even better

I think the show's weakest link the main big bads. Shendu was cool, but the Dark Mage, the Mask and Shendu's son were pretty lame.

youtube.com/watch?v=c8-hAO-Cx0M

I liked the show changed OPs with each season to reflect the new villains and Macguffins.

man i barely remember the last two openings
this show went on for a long ass time I guess I grew up and didnt watch as much

The show had really cool designs for the different types of Shadowkhan. The regular ninjas and the samurai are my top favorite one.

Attached: Shadowkhan.png (1014x1438, 1.99M)

The Samurai Kahn of Ikazuki were ballet but felt a bit wasted. I get the whole point was that Ikazuki couldn’t manifest them at his full power or else the heroes would be fucked but still.

Daolon Wong was fun as hell as a villain

He actually got to win a few times in his season, captured a few of the Talisman powers and beat Uncle badly

And his Dark Chi Warriors were fun

Sounds based to me

Attached: cyclops.jpg (1526x1193, 306.75K)

Oh! and Jade as the Shadowkhan queen was also a creepy and awesome. So far my favorite version of her. Especially with her red eyes.

Attached: Jade_Shadowkhan_queen.png (1383x1384, 2.32M)

I hated when they change the credits into some generic jingle :/
youtu.be/AE4S2Z_NZ6o

I like every phrase said by shendu: this one is my favorite
>Never seeing any of you ever again would make me a very happy dragon

She has to go in one episode but can’t find pic

Nerfing Valmont was a crime. Dude fought Jackie on par season 1 only to become a jobber along with his financial/social standing falling.

Speaking of which do you remember what happened to the three other Goons? I remember they kept hooking up with other demons and such.

>Shendu's son were pretty lame.
I don't recall finishing the season that had Drago as the main villain, I only remember the last episode.

Good show

I've never watched this show. Redpill me on it.

The Chinese accents were pretty funny at times.

Great series, the Demon Sorcerers arc was the best. Tso Lan is the best demon.

Attached: db8ebdaf14b070359dee16726df18f4c.jpg (1024x682, 97.07K)

Cartoon about Jackie Chan that was far better than it really had any right to be.

Attached: 1335135235413.jpg (500x313, 26.18K)

Attached: 84a4326bb034b86275596473f7f186a3.jpg (707x1131, 173.85K)

Magic medallions (Chinese Zodiac iirc) that give you power depending on the animal (so Ox makes you super strong etc) exist and BBEG wants them to rule the world. Jackie Chan comes to help his Uncle and they try to protect the talismans. Actual development, villains grow and change and switch sides.

Rose tinted glasses.

Drago was definitely weak, he should have stayed a one-off villain instead of becoming the baddie of the final season.

Jackie is an archeologist who discovers one of twelve magic talismans that once belonged to a demonic dragon. He's joined by his niece and uncle, as well as a ragtag group consisting of a Luchador, a thief, and later one of the minions of the first major antagonist. While the series is largely episodic, it managed to be super entertaining and found new ways to feel fresh even when the talismans became almost as commonplace as the Dragon Balls

Attached: Jackie's brain full of fuck.png (500x375, 79.57K)

That's rough, user.
Keep searching.

Just like every cartoon posted here that is not currently airing.

Are you on DRUGS
>I been rewatching this and im blown away how great the animation
It's fucking TERRIBLE. I guess it's better than a 1980s Hannah-Barbara cartoon, but you think that's GOOD, let alone GREAT?

>the voice acting
It's fucking TERRIBLE! He's not even played by Jackie Chan and you STILL can't tell what the fuck he's saying.

>the premise
"Jackie Chan exists" Ok.

"blown away", jesus fucking christ, what ever happened to having standards?

Can you blame them after what happened to Cartoon Network and Nickelodeon?

>the premise
>"Jackie Chan exists" Ok.

Little more complicated than that mate. But anything to make an opinion a fact, right?