Why do so many people think Superman is boring?

Attached: boring.jpg (926x806, 872.08K)

writers lack creativity and talent to write an overpowered character on interesting ways.

Because DC got rid of what made him interesting
Golden Age Superman, Silver Age Superman, George Reeves, he had a mischievous sense of humor. He could be a trickster, especially towards Lois. He was still decent, he was still a good guy, but he had a character. Not only that, but also his whole Super family created this great world of crazy characters and science fiction
At some point, it was decided Superman has to be a type of Our Lord Jesus Christ. He has to be a paragon of virtue at all times. He is subdued and colorless

Attached: 9C5527D3-22D0-482B-8104-68644613343E.jpg (2489x3496, 1.73M)

Whoa whoa whoa, stop the clock. This has to be taken out of context big time as Rob constantly claims Superman is his favorite DC hero, and possibly character in general. He's teased doing an Elsewhen series. He may mean, How DC is handling him is boring, but he'd never put Supes down.

Why is the image so bright

The site quoted is "Cosmic Book News", a far-right comic books site that is always sensationalist.

The point isn't the image/source, that's just because you can't make a thread without an image...

The point is that a lot of people are making this claim.

Most of them are casuals.

Well, he's not one of them. Find new meme bait.

>At some point, it was decided Superman has to be a type of Our Lord Jesus Christ. He has to be a paragon of virtue at all times. He is subdued and colorless

yeah agree. and its a very recent thing. seems like it took off sometime in the last 15 years or so. its like a bad imitation of the christopher reeve movies sometimes

Attached: e437895.jpg (774x1190, 256.69K)

>muh natzees

Is it true or not?

For me, it's the same reason I don't like all other DC heroes, he strucks me as too perfect, like some sort of god trying to be a human, it's not relatable to me.

Based Rob

I do not understand how a 40 years old reporter who is a superhero is "LITERALLY A GOD", while 10,000 years old prince-god Thor is "muh relatable".

It makes no sense to me whatsoever.

>seems like it took off sometime in the last 15 years or so
From a former casual, I'd say yeah, especially after I watched MoS without previous comic experience. But even before MoS my (again casual) viewpoint was "untouchable character with all the power and is always right".
Also, I'm a Superfag, but we really don't need this exact thread every other day.

>while 10,000 years old prince-god Thor is "muh relatable".
Thor never tries to be relatable, he's worshipped in canon.

8sn't he? I thought Marvel charactersnwere grounded and realistic, the world putside your window.

Isn't 10,000 years old prince-god without weakness Thor more relatable than reporter raised on a farm Clark Kent?

I guess he's really putting his foot down on this one.

Because you are a retard that thinks people relate to powers. Superman is boring because DC panders to retards like you, that will sperg at any sign of superman having emotions, doubts or fucking up. Superman is trapped between jews that want to make him black and pandering that will cry about any version of the character that isn't mr rogers with a cape.

Just shut up autistic retard

What he really wants to say is "Superman is getting his bussy tossed by another man. DC should be vaporized."

>Superman is boring because DC panders to retards like you, that will sperg at any sign of superman having emotions, doubts or fucking up
No one ever does that you fucking idiot.

"Smallville" was a series that lasted 10 YEARS of Superman learning, fucking up, having emotions, doubts and etc.

NEVER has Superman been this emotionless robot tou guys say he is. Never. Even in the DCEU he was melancholic for fucking up so bad in his very first day as a superhero.

How can a character who becomes a wreck for fucking up his first day as a superhero be considered perfect, doubtless and emotionless? It defies logic, it makes no sense at aall.

and threads using the terms "why is" or "why do" are 95% baiting shitpost threads and should be deleted on sight as the repetitive discussions in there are had every day since the threads are spammed on the board every single fucking day. most are not even on topic of the board most of the time.

>Even in the DCEU he was melancholic for fucking up so bad in his very first day as a superhero.
And superfags complained about it
>"Smallville" was a series that lasted 10 YEARS of Superman learning, fucking up, having emotions, doubts and etc.
Terrible show for little girls, but it lasted on tv thanks to teenage girls, not to superfags that also hated it.

10 fucking years.

217 episodes.

200 hours. Constantly learning, constantly making mistakes. constantly, constantly, constantly for 10 years.

How can this not be enough? How? Explain this to me. Which other superhero got 217 episodes of fucking up and learning? How can none of them are considered doubtless and perfect? How come the only one who was constantly doubting himself and constantly improving and trying to learn the only one considered perfect?

Iron Man, Captain America, Thor. When have we ever seen these guys taking more than a single hour to get over their struggles?

Attached: MV5BYmNiNzlhOWItMDM5Mi00MGYzLWI1ZDYtNmI5NzI0MWFkMTIwXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjU2NjA5NjM@._V1_.jpg (2600x3600, 2.6M)

>"How come we never see Superman having doubts or struggling? Obviously, every movie, comic, TV show, and book in which Superman is shown having doubts and struggling doesn't count!"
It might be the problem is you, you fucking idiot.

Let me tell you something very obvious: if we exclude all movies, TV shows, comics and books in which Spider-Man has doubts and struggles, he also never struggles.

It probably happened around the 80's, where superheroes became edgy and the storylines became more of grimdark reflection of society. Batman was just as campy as Superman in the golden/silver age until the 80's Dark Knight turned him more of a brooding and serious guy.

It was a shit show tho

>Is it true or not?
It is not, no.

Attached: Screen Shot 2022-04-07 at 10.51.19 AM.png (1348x262, 79.84K)

Attached: Screen Shot 2022-04-07 at 10.53.24 AM.png (1012x712, 111.76K)

Even if it was, it doesn't fucking matter. it's 200 hours of Superman constantly struggling and learning. No other comic book character will ever get this sort of focus on their struggle. None at all.

So it's weird that the character who has been shown struggling and doubting himself the most is the ONLY ONE considered doubtless and said to never struggle. SURELY you're smart enough to see that this is weird, right?

No one cares because it was bad.

"I don't like those stories in which Superman struggles, so they don't exist. AAAAH SUPERMAN IS A SHIT CHARACTER, HE NEVER STRUGGLES!"

Honest question: are you on the spectrum?

As an edge lord whose favourite characters are Wanda, Magneto, and Doom… even I think Superman gets unfairly treated. I mean, I was never into Superman but I respect the idealist crusader behind it.

Basically this . I think they know the 1978 Superman film was popular so they copy that but it only worked because of Reeve’s charm and it was written by mario puzo not Bendis.
Super epic wholesome Superman could work when they were doing Super-Dad stuff and Jon was a kid and the main focus
Otherwise old school Superman being a loner weirdo who pranks his friends and gets depressed when a new hero takes his place was the best version of the character
Bronze Age did a good job of adding in some of the cocky attitude he had from golden age too.
Plus Modern writers are mostly marvel drones so they only know “villain fights” which wasn’t Superman’s selling point usually , mostly the best stories are “some weird shit happens to Superman”!instead of him just punching a tomato can villain

Unironically they should make Eliot S! Maggin the Superman editor

Only thing I remember about this show is the actress who made other women sex slaves

that's not a bad list.

>As an edge lord whose favourite characters are Wanda, Magneto, and Doom… even I think Superman gets unfairly treated.
It's not just Superman. It's DC.

If Thor tanks an explosion meant to kill all gods in the Uniuverse. People call it amazing. If Superman ever did the same, people would just say he is overpowered and thus boring.

If humans from the Marvel universe make plans to defeat an army of omnipotent beings, people will call it amazing. The same people are still reeing because Batman once made plans to defeat the Justice League ("HUMANS SHOULDNT' BE ABLE TO DO IT!!1!").

And as a Doomfag, you might notice that Doom committing genocide on Monday to then join a superhero group on Friday is done without anyone complaining. Harley Quinn, meanwhile, could not even team up with Batman 10 YEARS after getting away from the Joker.

There's just a huge double standard between Marvel and DC. Superman is just one of the many victims of it.

Prankster God Superdick and Superdad are the best (and most popular) incarnations of the character

>Why do so many people think Superman is boring?
Because they don't read comic books. They parrot whatever the popular opinion is.

Because dc sucks mcu is better

>It might be the problem is you, you fucking idiot.
You seem awfully offended that people are shitting on Superman, user.

Dumb people offend me. "The character who appears struggling the most never struggles" is the sort of opinion that can only come from dumb people, so of course I am offended.

2 different people schizo.

Prankster god works well for younger Superman
SuperDad works well for older Supes when Jon was a kid.
Dc has decided to go with neither

>SuperDad works well for older Supes when Jon was a kid.
Wholesomefags are obsessed with this shit

I like both kek
Rebirth Superman used to be so good

Attached: fucking_owned.png (500x300, 200.39K)

Hard to pinpoint. For one, Superman is the ultimate hero and also became possibly the most iconic of the super heroes. Batman is the only other hero that has as much name recognition. Mickey Mouse might also be up there in name recognition but he hasn't been written well since Walt died. (Remember when Mickey used to be hilarious?) The thing about all three characters is I can rattle off name of many, many people in the Batman and Disney universe. When it comes to Superman my memory gets hazy after saying Lois Lane and Lex Luthor. Who are Super Man's friends and foes? I'm sure he's got quite a few but I don't know more than the above off the top of my head. Who gives superman a run for his money in a fight on a regular basis? Which of his villains other than Luthor makes some frighteningly good points about morality and society? It might just be poor character work in the Superman universe that is holding the franchise back. It certainly has the look and the legend behind it to be great but it still needs to deliver the adventure and the struggle. When Batman is going against the Penguin or the Riddler, you know to sit up and listen carefully. Those two are not chumps and they know a ton about the world around them. If he's fighting Twoface or Bane, swallow a bit and stay moving. Those two are fierce when the get around to a physical fight. Catwoman? She brings some clever tricks and forbidden love to the table. Batman is full of great characters that each bring their own flavor and challenge to the story. Of course, with Batman being a mere mortal it is easy to present a believable challenge. While Batman and his villains are often the recipients of plot armor, to keep from killing off the fun characters, Superman has to be plot handicapped to be in serious danger. This makes him much more predictable and boring.

>Why is Superman boring?
Because his stories are the same repetitive shit where nothing happens.

Thor is a popular God/legend turned comic character who has appropriate God Tier behavior and appropriate God Tier challenges. Superman is DemiGod Tier with Plebian Tier behavior and challenges and the obligatory "monster/villain of the month fight."

>and appropriate God Tier challenges
Suuuuure.

"My brother is misbehaving" and "once again, I can't lift my hammer". Rinse and repeat for 60 years.

I had my arguments with DC fanatics here about how Joker and Harley is very unhealthy relationship (borderline sexist) and Harley is a much better character solo. But, DC fans kept saying how I was just a marvelfag for having this opinion when Batman university is actually the only DC family I follow. I wasn’t a Harley fan, I was just another outsider trying to criticise their university where they were literally DC writers sharing the same opinion as me. Are they ops too?

You need world war three for superman to be relevant. Remember that was the context superman was created. People in the west are living too comfortable that they don’t want some utopian escapism but realising. Start WW3 and Superman will be liked 100%

Hacks keep trying to do deadly serious stories with him. They should make a Lego Superman movie instead.

Why does it matter. At least you still have a bunch of fans to interact with. All my favourite characters are so irrelevant that they get WHO’ed here

It's possible to make a story about an overpowered character fun.

Attached: Saitama.jpg (478x500, 28.52K)

yeah but that’s not fair to compare. modern anime and manga are generally superior to modern comic books. go woke go broke

They don’t need to be a seperate character.

Every dad I know is an absolute prankster too.

Because it's true.

Why is Superman considered overpowered?

Why isn't Thor? Why isn't Dr. Strange? Why isn't Silver Surfer?

Why the one who loses more than those 3 together is the only one said to never lose?

Unironically a Robot Chicken Superman that concentrates on Clark would be great.

The classic Robot Chicken team loves Superman.

Superman shouldn't be serious, Superman shouldn't fight villains...

What else shouldn't Superman do that everyone else can do just fine?

Because Superman is more popular than them while also being the most tied to being “invulnerable”

That’s the thing. Superman can lose more times than he wins and faggots will still believe he’s overpowered, because they just want to hate the character. They don’t actually believe in what they say.

So, what is it about Superman that causes so much hatred that people become willing to lie about the character to justify their hate?

I hate comfyfags so much,

Superman should have serious stories. He shouldn’t be humorless, is my point.

One of my favorite Superman stories is Superman: Phantom Zone, and that’s just basically Dante’s Inferno but with Superman.

The hatred only comes from a niche part of the internet

Probably spurred by Vs Battle arguments and fandom rivalries.

>He shouldn’t be humorless
I think the only thing we have seen with Superman in it where the character is humorless is in BvS. Like, the only thing, Can't think of anything else.

At what point in that movie you want superman to cracking jokes?