Are Jawbreakers really that good?

I've never tried one. They just seem like regular hard candy to me.

Attached: ETHjO3cXkAAfi_3.jpg (842x630, 99.12K)

Personally, I don't see the value in any candy that isn't chocolate.

Attached: 1602912161012.gif (500x500, 375.64K)

I only had a few in my life. I guess I like them but they hurt my tongue after a while.

Danny Antonucci intentionally chose it because it's so horrible. Let that tell you.

It’s a unique kind of candy. The good jawbreakers are many different layers of differently flavored and colored sugar. In real life they also last many servings and dissolve unevenly if you leave it in your mouth or lick on it like a giant lollipop leaving a part dry to hold on. They’re a fun gift as a kid because it’s a giant ball of sugar so your parents hate it and also it lasts forever.

As a kid, i thought they were one of the least pleasant to eat candies, with the exception of weird tasting shit that only foreigners and adults liked. But hey last a very long time. Maybe you could make a loli-pop last a long time, if you never bite it, but what kid has the impulse control for that? With a Jawbreaker, it doesn't give you the choice to bite it. Too hard. Since they last forever, it seems like you get an amazing bang-for-your-buck, which matters a lot as a kid with no allowance.

Why would he choose it as the show’s main food if he dislikes it?

I kinda liked it as a kid, but probably because it came from the machine.

The best candy I've ever had were these little green jawbreakers you could get as minor prizes at the school fair.

That had a really weird clear wrapping with a picture of what looked like a pilot or a mad scientist or some shit on them and I've never been able to find them since. I specifically remember the normal generic jawbreakers you can buy at any grocery not being as good and have never gotten closure on where that real good shit came from.

Jawbusters?

Ehh the logo looks a little different (although they very well could have changed it over the past 12 years or however long it's been). Not saying this ISN'T it, but it doesn't give me an aha feeling.

Attached: 91hsYtoo9YL._SX425_.jpg (425x425, 51.33K)

They have a bit more complicated flavor than most hard candies, but they're a little more annoying to eat.

I remember being scared of accidentally swallowing and choking on them as a kid. They are satisfying to eat once I got over that though.

They're actually awful. The small ones are ok if you just need a sugar hit or something as you can just pop one in and let it dissolve slowly, but the taste really isn't that great either way.
The giant ones are a mess. Obviously you can't pop the whole thing into your mouth like they do in the show so you have this big ball of sugar you slobber on that slowly gets grosser and grosser because it can literally takes days to actually finish. You're not going to finish it in one sitting either and they don't come with some kind of actual wrapper or like container to put them in, so you have to wrap them in plastic wrap or put it in the fridge or something until next time. And again, the flavor isn't even that amazing to make it worth it.

They're just basically pure processed sugar, and they're tedious to eat.

A real low tier lolly.

Attached: 1647640814577.jpg (613x556, 37.58K)

Please tell me you aren't talking about garbage American chocolate

Attached: Screenshots_2022-04-07-06-56-37.png (536x947, 163.24K)

I've had euro chocolate and it's all pretentious garbage. Give me a Reese's anyday.

And that sugar slobber would leave a chalky residue too.

>it doesn't give you the choice to bite it. Too hard.
That's literally why it's called a "jaw breaker", you imbecile.

I've never had anything but American chocolate, but the older I get, the more I notice it tastes like vomit.
I gotta try Euro choccy someday.

Whoops, didn't mean to quote that first faggot.

Little ones are fine the big ones are a mess if you try to eat it like the Ed’s will hurt your jaw and just doesn’t taste good enough to be worth the effort you could just break it with a hammer and enjoy the pieces but that’s not what you have in mind I’m sure

Imaginge a giant m&m but instead of chocolate it's just 28 layers of shell. That's it.

my little brother (10 years younger than me) is a teen who keeps getting them and having to leave half finished ones in refridgerated plastic containers. Really sucks

Maybe Warheads? The guys isnt really a scientist but i kind of get that vibe

Attached: 61YIBEr4y5L._AC_.jpg (418x495, 46.7K)

They’re kids and its the biggest thing at the candy shop, the actual quality doesn’t matter to them

They're alright, the show however made me VASTLY overestimate how big they are. I've never seen one more than a centimeter in diameter irl. Also, they're smooth irl and not like a retarded golfball texture.

Attached: Jawbreaker.jpg (1000x713, 470.94K)

Mostly true, though jelly beans and things of similar consistency/texture are also good. You tend to lose a sweet tooth as you get olderanyway or you become fat.

Are you retarded? Do you know that spoiled milk is used in lots of recipes and baking?

there are ones like the show, not that big but still massive cheek fillers

Because he is a funny guy like that. Iirc wasn't he a butcher before doing the show? Barely had any cartoon experience, especially kids' stuff, and the show reflected that which honestly made it funnier. All the comically exaggerated slapstick, all the characters being somewhat of assholes at various points and all the hilarious failures are funny and relatable in a way. The show is light schadenfreude, and only gets somewhat serious in the final movie which despite what some might say, personally I see as a good wrap up to the series.

I know this is bate and you aren't necessarily wrong about American chocolate, but baking ingredients usually taste like shit before they are heated and mixed which alters the chemical properties and taste of them. Baker's chocolate is usually very bitter before it's baked for example and the spoiled milk is still pasteurized and heated before being put in chocolate.

Yea it's funny when I was looking up that image I used I saw a few but I've never seen a big one irl.

those big ones are palm fillers

Attached: 1631872979130.png (1142x915, 1.39M)

I've had stuff like gobstoppers before, but I almost always have an unnatural instinct to bite it as soon as it hits my mouth

I think my favorite candy by far is Sweet & Sour Twizzlers

Attached: 81W3UlIFdoL._SL1500_.jpg (1500x675, 144.01K)

They're not that great of a sweet. Just a hard ball of sugar that hurts your mouth cause they're so big.

>Filled Twizzlers
Anything to make them not taste like vaguely fruit flavored plastic

they're the human equivalent of a Salt Lick.

Agreed. The rainbow ones are pretty good, but yeah, original Twizzlers taste like ass. Don't even get me started on the chocolate ones

Attached: 81yvvbzUKaL._SL1500_.jpg (1500x1500, 111.74K)

They need to have multiple flavors with the colors.

>despite what some might say, personally I see as a good wrap up to the series.
I thought that was the universal reaction to the movie. Who the fuck doesn't see it as the perfect final for the show?

>Hershey chocolate flavored Twizzlers
Oh my god.

Attached: 1644718082106.jpg (700x700, 35.12K)

I still get the sour taste in my mouth just looking at that. Warheads are cool though, the sweet taste is extra good after you get through the sour layer.

>Huffington Post
>Writes clickbait
Why am I not surprised.

Hershey's chocolate isn't "spoiled" to achieve stability and year-round production. That's the dumbest fucking thing I've ever seen written. Hershey's isn't making their milk chocolate with cheese or yogurt. It's shelf-stable, heat-treated and condensed skim milk that accounts for the taste difference between it and European condensed and dehydrated milk that was used by Swiss chocolatiers around that time period but which remained liquid and easily transportable through piping allowing for cheaper mass production of milk chocolate.

Europeans love to pooh-pooh American foods because they have literally nothing else to stand on. Their economies are stagnant or declining, their population has been shrinking since the end of WW1, their art and architecture have been at the forefront of modernist destruction, and the costs of food including chocolate is consistently more expensive than American or East Asian equivalents. Thus, they cling to their snobbery that they pay more for "quality" when in fact they just can't produce anything as efficiently and must content themselves with fewer scraps of what their elites can eat.

Eh, someone in a thread on here the other day said the characters weren't quite themselves in the movie and they didn't consider it canon. I guess you're right most hold the opinion we do, I just wasn't sure.

Ain't it the truth. What does really fuck me up these days are chips. I can't have a bag of chips in the house or I'll eat it all in one sitting.

Hershey's is underrated honestly. I enjoy all kinds of chocolate, and sometimes I'm in the mood for Hershey's. I do get sick of European snobbery, especially when the internet has exposed me to enough Europeans to know that they're no better than us in reality.

They're not something you can really buy at normal stores. You either have to find a dedicated candy store or someplace that sells them as a novelty. Once in a while you might find a local grocery store or something that stocks them, too.

There's less chips in bags these days anyway.

There's a lot of reasons it works. For one, the name is just memorable. Makes you think of something kids would find "edgy". Look at how much candy merchandising in the 90's was made to look really cool and extreme.
Secondly having the kids obsess over something adults don't even care about is funny. Its like in South Park where the boys obsess over Terrence and Phillip or Mega Rangers; kids have their own tastes.
Thirdly, it shows how they prioritize money. Jawbreakers are cheap and you get alot of sugar for the money. Kids with no spare change would buy a big ass cheap candy over something pricier and smaller.

Like if you had a modern creator you'd probably have them obsess over some off brand Pocky or whatever cause "omg I grew up with pocky!"

Salty shit is my weakness too. Especially when you put a little salt on chocolate and realize it makes it taste SOOOO much better.

Salty licorice is my jam.

Chew and spit.

My problem with jaw breakers is that the palm filling ones always have layers where the sugar gets too coarse and I end up with a bloody tongue.

In the time-frame before modern media entertainment
You needed as many cheep shortcuts to distract and or keep your dumb child busy
THUS cheep long-lasting candy was a great alternative

>You tend to lose a sweet tooth as you get olderanyway or you become fat.
God, i used to be able to eat so much fucking candy when I was younger. Nowadays if I have more than a single candy bar in a day I end up with a sore stomach and a 3 day-long sugar crash. I fucking hate it.

no sir candied orange peel and candied lemon peel are the best candy in existence

Shitty recipes.

It still tastes like vomit.

eughk

They’re OK, but also a choking hazard.

>getting this mad over someone insulting a brand
Yep, it's an american alright.

Attached: 1545314857541.png (940x707, 1.04M)