Katara is a bitch

Convince me that Katara isn't the worst non-villain character in Avatar.
>cucks Aang for Jet
>constantly bipolar and temperamental
>made fun of Toph for being blind
>called Sokka a bad leader
>treated Zuko like shit when he was just trying to change his ways and get people to trust him after his turn from villainy
>flipped shit on Aang over learning waterbending faster than her even though he has a dictatorship to overthrow and she has her entire life to learn waterbending
>admits to using her "feminine charm" to swindle merchants
>told Sokka he didn't love their mother the way she did
>takes Aang's bison without his permission to go on her revenge quest
>pussies out of killing her mom's murderer anyway
>only noteworthy thing she did was defeat Azula at the end
>after the war she outlawed bloodbending (even though she had no problem using it against that innocent souther raider guy) ruining the useful and badass skill for all other waterbenders

Attached: MV5BM2UwYTg3MjAtMTQ2Yy00MDAyLWI1MjYtMmYxNGM4NWI4YzI2XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjgyOTI4Mg@@._V1_.jpg (950x720, 223.02K)

...Her?

What, is she funny or something?

She hasn't committed war crimes like Iroh

Attached: War Criminal.jpg (1077x763, 91.71K)

seems like people defending her and calling her ''motherly'' (which was really a thing, pretty disturbing), when really she was just slightly less worse then Sakura from Naruto

Oh, I've criticized Iroh too.

She doesnt deserve Aang.

Aang and Katara didn't have an established relationship yet during her fling with Jet.

>innocent souther raider
>innocent
Did you even watch the show?

True

(You)

Never watch the show is this true?

>convince me
She's young, and she's hot.

Attached: mp,504x516,gloss,f8f8f8,t-pad,600x600,f8f8f8.jpg (475x473, 34.46K)

>retards trying to shit on Katara again
You only hate her because she's a girl. Fuck you, we all know that's the case and I'm done pretending otherwise. The male characters pull equal or worse crap than she does, and you don't say shit. So just shut the fuck up.

OP didn't say anything about Toph.

>jets hot
>so is every woman
>Toph makes fun of toph for being blind
>Sokka is a strategist, not a real leader like his dad.
>Zuko tried to kill her and her friends
>She's a teen going dealing with self worth and apologized
>She's a teen and hot
>She's a mommy's girl
>Appa isn't property, he's family
>She's batman
>She became a waterbending master in a short amount of time and brought aang back from the dead.
>Don't have an excuse for this one, that fucking bitch how could she

Aang most likely wouldn't have been successful if it wasn't for Katara, beating Azula was far from the only noteworthy thing she did.

you think they're going to recreate these scenes in the live action?

Attached: katara.jpg (5096x2160, 2M)

>live action
We've been through this shit already.

Never understood why she turned up for the Agni-Kai when Zuko was practically invincible to anything Azula was throwing at him
Also does Yea Forums hate Mai and Katara or is it just a meme?

>"Why did she go with her teammate to back him up against a powerful opponent in case something went wrong?"
user.

>Also does Yea Forums hate Mai and Katara or is it just a meme?
Column A, Column B.

I think she had nothing better to do during that time. Aang was fighting Ozai and Sokka, Toph and Suki were taking down the airships to help Aang out. She joined the fight when Azula tried blasting her with a lightning bolt but Zuko jumped in the way and tanked the shot.

And Iroh and the White Lotus were liberating Ba Sing Se.

>"Why did she go with her teammate to back him up against a powerful opponent in case something went wrong?"
She ended up being more of an annoyance because of that thx to Azula's lightning, although tbf I think she didnt know that Azula was fighting like a mad dog instead of the calculated general she met before because of her breakdown.

Attached: 1649033244237.jpg (1280x1354, 68.68K)

Absolutely shit taste

Here's your (you) faggot poster

Attached: fetchimage.jpg (500x354, 35.84K)

Bump

To me its Iroh
He was basically a fanatical tyrant and then he became enlightened to how shitty he was his entire life and became more prospective and good

He is like if Voldemort woke up one day after killing someone and said you know maybe I'm being a bad guy

Why did she outlaw bloodbending?

Yeah sure, but I still want to give her rough sex

Though, Azula would've been beaten by Zuko if not for Katara anyway. I suppose killing his sister would fuck Zuko up horribly so she saved that from happening.

It's basically the "dark arts", also would make her too OP. I wonder what would happen if Azula tried to fight her on a full moon when she's willing to blood bend, I imagine being completely neutralized by something you can do nothing about would be a brain fuck for her.

She had every reason not to trust Zuko after what happened in Ba Sing Se.

Attached: 1482109062962.png (1440x1080, 1.34M)

No

You forgot impersonated the painted lady spirit just because it gave her a sense of importance.

>told Sokka he didn't love their mother the way she did
This was kinda fucked up.

Attached: Sokka.jpg (640x480, 26.42K)

Just replace her with a vending machine that hands out healing pots.

>even though she had no problem using it against that innocent souther raider guy
You went full retard with that.

Sokka is a bad leader, he's fucking useless.

This.

Attached: Pouty Katara 2.jpg (372x777, 47.21K)

Her bitchiness reminds me of Connie.

>innocent southern raider guy
Fucking stupid user

Honestly, and this isn't the shipper in me talking: she and Toph should have switched places. Katara should have gone with Sokka and Suki, Toph should have gone with Zuko. What the fuck is the point of bringing Toph on an aerial assault? She can't fucking see if she's not on the ground. I get that maybe the rationale was that the zeppelins were made of metal, but even so, Katara would have been just as useful, without any of the handicaps Toph gets from being off the ground. Meanwhile, Toph would have been every bit as effective as a second to Zuko against Azula. And Katara would have wreaked havoc on the airships by pulling water from the atmosphere.

Attached: 2263019-photo-u10.jpg (750x422, 25.92K)

>azula gets her ass kicked to a blind girl
Would have been extra humiliating for her. Also, Zuko and Toph never had their life changing adventure tigether, that would have been it.

Fuck, you're right.

Imagine Toph dodging the lightning bolt and yelling out, "Guess this is our field trip, huh, Sparky?". It would have been great.

>Slightly less worse

Are you fucking kidding me nigga? Putting aside whatever issues you have with katara, she's is 1 million times better than fucking sakura. Did you watch naruto? Sakura was basically useless and did nothing of value for the majority of the series, her one sided crush in sasuke was horrible and really perplexing. Sakura fucking sucks, meanwhile katara almost always contributed big time to the team, if not nearly carry them at a couple points.

None of them were aware of Azula's mental breakdown, zuko admitted that he couldnt beat his sister cuz she was better at firebending than him. Once he realized that she was off balance, he took her on solo. Still pretty contrived how katara was out of the battle until the lightning came out.

Like in the fire blast struggle, we saw how zuko was barely holding on against her fire, she had rhe slight edge in the beginning but lost that advantage due to poor fight tactics

She's very pretty, southern tribe hair also seems thick, voluminous and beautiful. You forgot the gif version of that, I like to post it to remind everyone who was the prettiest girl in that show.

You seem to have a big issue with a strong brown woman, you've posted this exact text like half a dozen times already, and I cant be bothered to debunk your bullshit again, see a lot of what you're complaining about is just women in general

Toph was needed to metalbend the ships, and cuz of that she managed to fuck up a lot of the fleet, but in principle I agree with you, had toph come to the agni kai it would have been a wrap.

If I was 14 I sure as shit would have hoped so, but i'm nearly 21, so I'm not too interested to see an actual 15 year old girl like that.

A final appeal to the katara haters: the fact that she's tempermenral and emotional makes her a better girl than a lot of other characters. It feels more genuine, and you get that parasocial bond

Attached: katarahair-katara.gif (498x266, 519.43K)

Not to mention Katara and Zuko's interaction after beating Azula seemed borderline romantic and weird considering their previous hatred for each other and Katara and Aang's relationship, which fueled the fire for Zutarafag shippers for years to come.

Honestly would have been a universally shitty and infuriating writing decision to have them get together after establishing her relationship with Aang the entire series, I don't know how people don't realize that.

Every other girl in the show is great though.

It was nothing but annoying shipbaiting by Bryke. Bryke finding out about shipping is the worst thing that ever happened to the Avatar franchise. It arguably ruined Sozin's Comet, and then it reared its head in Korra and gave us the worst romantic subplot in the last 20 years of cartoons.

The bit where she questions Sokka’s love for their mother is definitely a low point but a lot of the rest is just being an insecure teenager. You should be more forgiving of the weaker sex OP.

I love these avatar threads, cuz this is one of the only shows in Yea Forums that I know inside out and there is a lot of contention and controversy within the fandom

The showrunners definitely knew what they were doing with that shipping bait, it was so fucking infuriating how aang fawns over her for 3 seasons meanwhile katara whips out the jesus water to heal his scar (which is probably the biggest character trait of him and his greatest trauma) after talking to zuko for like what, 10 minutes at the most? And then later katara has all this hatred and angee towards zuko, and they resolve it by zuko going out on a limb to avenge her mother's death (which by the way, is her biggest trauma and defining character trait). The same episode in which katara hates how aang was preaching to her while zuko was supportive, not to mention the fucking agni kai, not to mention how pissed she at aang for kissing her. And katara and zuko are more close in age and maturity than prepubescent, manlet aang.
Like holy shit, if you want to do kataang, do it well, not this bullshit we got in the show. Avatar may have had some of the most toxic shipping fanbase ever, but it's definitely the fault of the guys who wrote it for who katara ends up with to be so contentious.

Pic related, did aang and katara have a single moment between them that was so intimate, let alone TWO? For the record I dont care how it went one way or another, i think it was just written a bit carelessly.

Attached: Zuko-and-Katara-in-Avatar-The-Last-Airbender.jpg (1400x700, 83.88K)

>did aang and katara have a single moment that was so intimate?
Yes. The very last scene in the show.

Based. Aang should've fucked Toph. Cuntara was a bitch and actively ruined the show

Attached: dparf5-bc662ae3-291d-4af5-9fbf-fcec8759e8c1.jpg (2157x1552, 842.56K)

One thing I've tried to articulate on Yea Forums over the years is that almost none of ATLA's romances "feel" romantic to me.

I'm not saying they're not well-developed. The show does a good job seeding Aang and Katara as the endgame couple from the very beginning. Zutara was never anything more than a tease, since the show does a decent job seeding Zuko and Mai getting together, too. Kataang, on paper, is a really well-developed romance that has plenty of legwork done. By the time the final kiss happens, you realize it couldn't have gone any other way.

But it doesn't feel proper to me. There's no spark. Despite all the work done, there's no point at which I watch Aang and Katara interact and feel like "These two are really in love, and have feelings for each other." The romance wasn't romantic, if that makes any sense. At least to me. There's a kind of deadness to their chemistry. It's well-developed and carefully plotted, but there's something about it that doesn't feel alive.

Nice cop out, but you get my point

You know as a kid, me and my brother thought it would have made sense for aang and toph and then katara and zuko to be together. Closer in age, opposites attract, but now I realize that aang was way too beta to handle a girl like toph.

This also furthers my theory that katara couldnt turn down aang, because of "the implication"

Also this gif is also great, she looks so beautiful and the animation is so smooth and expressive

Attached: 68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f727949...652f5a61794b4b6e37586e39456f76673d3d2d3434373836323333372e313464356430626265323033666465653432303037393438343739322e676966.gif (250x250, 637.22K)

She can wring me out anytime. Also cumbending means I don't need a rubber.
why have I only just now though of cumbending

Kinda hate to be spamming this thread, but I cant help myself. I very much agree, the canon ships didnt have that connection. There's no moment of spark between aang and katara that made me think "oh damn, they just gotta get together now", it was more of a one sided crush from day one and they eventually made1 katara reciprocate. I mean there were a couple moments peppered across the three seasons, but none of them had the same intensity as katara and zuko in the crossroads of destiny and then again in the southern raiders. Very annoying that the shipping bait was done better than the actual ship

I actually thought zuko and mai was executed well, the idea is that they are an unstable teenage couple who are attracted to each other, and it worked very well.

If I had to make a suggestion - and this is very unoriginal and the damsel in distresss trope - what could have made the a aang katara romance better is if katara were is some great peril and aang went above in beyond to save her, compromising some of his morals in the process, like killing or really hurting someone, maybe attacking a fleeing enemy. I know ep 1 of season 2 sorta did that, but A: in my mind it would have been the focus of most of the episode instead of just a second near the end B: aang would be aware of what he is doing, instead of basically unconcious in the avatar state, and aang and katara would have some kind of reconciliation at the end of this hypothetical episode

I would place it in book 2, after appa was captured, so the thought of losing someone else so close to him finally breaks aang. I feel like normally something like this would ruin a female character, but considering katara is so competent and powerful and would save aang just a bit later, that it would work?

Idk my mind is just being overactive right now, but I feel like this would be a more competent and in some ways more interesting way to develop aang x katara

Attached: Katara.png (300x241, 82.49K)

she was a 14 year old girl user, they're clinically retarded.

most never grow out of it, sadly.

Cuz you haven't thought of being romantically involved with and having sex with katara as much as I have

The scene they kissed for the first time, the cave of two lovers, dance scene in the headband, I'm sure I'm missing other shit.
I think you're right in that they might want to bait it, but they obviously never were going to follow through especially by the time that Aang shuts down any doubt that he loves Katara before the invasion. Their relationship in the Southern Raiders is purely platonic and teases zero romance. I think the point of her wanting to heal his scar and opening up to him in the cave is also to further tease the fact Zuko has not only changed for the better but there's now evidence that he'd be accepted by the good guys despite what he's done. Basically telegraphs "HERE IS THE RESOLUTION TO ZUKO'S ARC RIGHT" only to pull the gotcha.
It creates the expectation for the audience that Zuko will truly go good, as well as give Zuko every opportunity to do the right thing.

Heres the attention you wanted, don't let it go to your head.

Dudes, she's 14. You don't even need a rubber!

Attached: FNhp_IOVUAEHRKA.jpg (623x623, 47.78K)

Girls can get pregnant at that age, and it's more dangerous for them when they're young.

Besides, in my mind she's my age 21, not 14

So the scene where Aang beats Azula in the drill doesn't count?

Imagine spending the entire series establishing Aang and Katara's relationship only to have her cuck him for the dude she despised up until the last 3 episodes, and thinking that the audience will appreciate that.
Zutara shippers are pea brained.

No

It would have worked if they just didn't have a relationship until after the series ended. It didn't have to have a romance. There's some chemistry but not enough because they're still young.

I will say despite agreeing Zutara is and will always be retarded shippers seeing something that isn't there though.