MOCN KNIGHT

New episode drops in a few hours, with the first appearance of Mister Knight.

Attached: 1649020416284.jpg (1108x995, 104.51K)

Other urls found in this thread:

marvel.com/moonknightcomics?cid=pr_article_20220330_tv_moonknight
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What time does it release?

So moon knight is when Marc charging khonshu. Will moon knight be stevon version?

Attached: j0prpsyo24a01.jpg (640x475, 37.29K)

Based

Is that Saiyan or Namekian time

I wonder if the Werewolf by Night appearance rumors hold any water, wouldnt it be confusing for mainstream audiences to introduce both Anubites and "regular" werewolves in the same season?

Shows already off to a bad start. Wake me up when Ms.Marvel

Not looking forward to Mr. Knight being a joke, but otherwise the show has been good.

New ep is up.

Khonshu was good this episode.

Loved the suit.
Loved the Khonshu bits.
Marc and Steven arguing in the mirror at the end was actually compelling to watch

Jake Lockley when?

I think he made the date

The cinematography was fire for an MCU show but the CGI is very bad, is this show on the lesser end of the D+ budgets?

Is the main suit just entirely CG? That kind of sucks, unless I wasn't seeing right.

According to people who saw 4 episodes theres hints of him in episode 3.
>"And in episode three, it’s teased that neither Steven nor Marc were in control for a particularly bloody encounter."

He gets revealed at the end of the third episode, apparently he's the most violent personality

>apparently he's the most violent personality
He's 100% going to be Mr. Knight from now on then

I noticed that too, everything else is fantastic but the cgi is looking very cheap, it's gonna look dated as fuck in like one year.

Steven making the Area 51 comparison was weird considering he lives in a setting that has countless publicly known superheroes and has been through multiple alien invasions, one of which ended in half of life in the universe getting purged.

Attached: images (12).jpg (629x487, 48.75K)

just coming in to all this, is Mr. Knight always the most violent one?

There was a GRC logo on the bus, that and a possible Wakanda name drop might be the only MCU references this show will have

Attached: images (13).jpg (1168x262, 28.86K)

I’m really happy that the series, so far, hasn’t made any references to the other movies. It really feels like it’s own thing and not just another thing for the checklist. Cinematography continues to be Kino, but yeah, CGI could use some work.

Attached: 081C881E-45D5-4495-90E2-C90E13157447.jpg (1280x720, 55.09K)

They're all violent....well not steeven.
Jakes dark brooding get your hands dirty type.
Marc is do what he has to to keep family safe .
Mr. Knight is more of a really hammy bond villain.
and Moon Knight is " I AM JUSTICE"

>That weird freeze frame transition from Steven running from Konshu to him being outside
What was up with that? Error or stylistic choice?

Apparently the QR codes in each episode lead you to various comic arcs to read???

Glad I wasn’t the only one who saw that. Weird bit of stylistic choice. Didn’t particularly like it, though.

was there a code in the first episode?

yeah that was oddly off-putting, felt awkward

Is the reason why Mr. Knight looks the way he does because Steven conceived a literal suit?

Attached: images (14).jpg (451x680, 30.5K)

I haven't found it yet myself but apparently there is.

>"Use whatever accent you want"
Takin your own advice, aren't you Layla?

Really enjoyed Khonshu's impotent rage this episode.

It takes you here: marvel.com/moonknightcomics?cid=pr_article_20220330_tv_moonknight

Neat.

steven got blipped leaving marc in control

>impotent rage
seething

Ep 1 QR Code

Attached: RkNMXa8.jpg (2000x1500, 695.27K)

Jinxing it by pointing it out but surprised at the lack of REE-ing with how doofy Mr. Knight is

Took me out of the scene. Everything else in that scene was great until that

I see why comic purists dont like the goofy introduction of Mr Knight, but being a comic purist about Moon Knight is a tad weird if you ask me since the character has changed tons depending on who is writing the story.

This.

CGI looked great this episode wtf

I'm a massive toku fan so the terrible CGI is actually pretty charming to me.

Attached: UnsteadyFormalIrishwolfhound-max-1mb.gif (320x180, 812.36K)

He's a 90s kid and ayylmaos/capeshit doesn't really start up in the public eye until 2008
Maybe? In the comics he's just an alt identity to compartmentalize his detective work, especially since Moon Knight is usually a fugitive

Will we even see any hint of Jake?

Mr Knight and Moon Knight never looked like they were actually in the scenes
the jackal monster was blurry even when it was standing still next to other objects that had crisp detail
Im still enjoying everything but yeah the cgi is probably the weakest part of the show so far

Who do you think actually set up a steakhouse date?

TV budget CGI, things will look like shit in the light. That's why they tried their damned hardest to keep it in the dark parts so they could fudge the details and outline. The cinematography in the street fight was pretty good though

>The cinematography in the street fight was pretty good though
oh yeah the cinematography was great, no complaints there, just wish the cgi had been a smidge better

i think he's also the guy who did the backward driving during the car chase

All the CGI looked pretty fantastic to me this episode. I'll look closer when I rewatch but there was nothing bad and distracting like parts of the car chase from the previous episode.
I find it interesting how under the microscope these Marvel shows are, I'm guessing they have higher budgets and higher expected production value then other normal streaming shows?

>TV budget CGI,
Disney+ MCU shows have a way higher budget than normal TV. Unless they decided to scale back the only reasons why it looks so off could just be there not being enough time to get it done which isn't a first for the MCU. I am almost positive the Jackal was meant to be visible most of the time but they decided just having it be invisible would be worth it to save on time and budget.

To be fair, the episode had a shit ton of CGI which probably stretched the budget pretty thin. It's not like the first episode that had maybe 10 minutes of CGI and a large portion of it was green screen stuff, we're talking like half the episode having some form of CGI present on screen. By TV budget standards that's damn ambitious

"It's actually okay they treat this one like a joke because another guy wrote Moon Knight different once"

You can still not undercut the seriousness of a scene with a shitty joke intro.

>I find it interesting how under the microscope these Marvel shows are, I'm guessing they have higher budgets and higher expected production value then other normal streaming shows?
yeah pretty much, especially since everything has to tie back into the films, I think people still expect movie quality cgi and effects

The funny thing is Khonshu looked great pretty much everytime we saw him, maybe they prioritize him and it eats up the budget even more

>Disney+ MCU shows have a way higher budget than normal TV.
I think they actually have the highest budgets per episode in a show, like I remember reading that each episode of WandaVision/TFAWS/Loki has a $26 million budget. That's likely why the episode counts of the D+ Marvel shows tend be just six.

They almost certainly placed greater care into Khonshu's scenes because he's a major focus and the camera lingers on him. The street fight is an action scene, things are moving and fast so the viewer is quickly distracted from observing the finer details

>I am almost positive the Jackal was meant to be visible most of the time but they decided just having it be invisible would be worth it to save on time and budget.
This is such a weird and cynical way to watch any show. Maybe they choose to make him invisible for budgetary reasons but it made fun a unique and interesting fight scene and was clearly written and shot to be invisible. Or maybe they just choose to make him invisible, why does it matter it helped make the supernatural elements more supernatural. Marc / Steven being able to see stuff girl can't could play into future episodes

>each episode of WandaVision/TFAWS/Loki has a $26 million budget
fuuuuck thats so much more than I would have thought.

Attached: 1421038042433.gif (478x369, 266.02K)

Yeah when you have worked within the industry you end up questioning decisions that are made. Its certainly a unique fight but to me it seemed like parts were shot to be invisible while others weren't meant to be that way. It could honestly be a decision where while in post the director wanted to see what it would look like with the monster invisible more and liked it more. It might be that they were looking at the pipeline for the shows production and someone floated the idea that they could save time by having more of the fight invisible.

Its not a cynical "its shit because its invisible and they tried to save money/time" i just don't think the original vision for that scene was it to be invisible that much and the thought process as to how the decision to do it this way is interesting.

Even in episode 1 they were writing in ways to save on budget but I quite like how they integrate it, since it all goes back to the theme of madness, what is real and what is not. The fight scenes that we never see serve not only play into the madness but also save on budget. They likely were planning out the Jackal fight and decided to have it be invisible to people not attuned to the supernatural since it would go back to the madness theme

The cinematography of this show is great, glad the directors of episode two got hired to do every ep of Loki season two. Was worried because Kate Herron left and she gave that show a very distinct feel.

Attached: images (1).jpg (859x357, 26.15K)

Any turks watch the new episode?

Attached: h2k5ed99kur81.jpg (737x631, 57.47K)

Apparently a funko pop leaked pointing to him making his debut in Moon Knight, not that surprising considering there's a Werewolf by Night D+ halloween special being directed by Michael Giacchino coming in October.

layla is kinda cute

Moon Knight is Armenian propaganda, they probably funded the show
Yeah and who cares why they decided to do it when it works in favour the show much better than showing the fight scenes ever could. Writing around your budget is what literally every good show / movie has to do

Attached: turks.png (1298x924, 465.72K)