How long until Nightwing’s older sister temporarily replaces him as Nightwing?

You know it’s coming.

Attached: B5B3A16F-E7F6-47D4-9465-D767FD4D43AE.jpg (883x1290, 790.48K)

Since when does Nightwing have a sister? This reminds me of when they gave Peter Parker a sister

Current trend isn't so much replacing as it is adding. She'll probably be her own Nightwing. But considering there's multiple Batmen, Batgirls and Robins it seems only fair.

Since Taylor retconned his origin story AGAIN. And then he promply forgot about her, because he's to busy pandering.

Fuck man. I just recently got back into comics and it's so funny to me when people on here say comics aren't confusing. With the internet it's definitely easier to look things up but in general other hobbies are much easier to keep tabs on what the fuck is happening vs marvel and DC shit.

And everybody seems to fucking hate it, DC just can't get a hint.
And in terms of Batgirls it doesn't work at all.

Laughably impossible. There are already more than enough female bats and nobody's interested in some woman taking panel time away from their hot husbando.

Please don't tell me you got back into comics with Infinite Frontier. Because this is probably the worst jumping off point one could imagine.

I've just been reading whatever I want and a lot of it has been non big two stuff. I don't even know what infinite frontier is kek. I haven't read much DC since being back I've been reading devil's reign from marvel though

Recently revealed that Nightwing’s dad got another woman pregnant before he married Dick’s mom.
As for that woman, she became Tony Zucco’s first wife. So the reason Zucco killed both of Dick’s parents is because he was stuck raising the bastard Grayson daughter in addition to his own kids.

And the daughter, she’s the current mayor of Bludhaven and Nightwing’s ally.

Let’s go!!

Attached: F5B0A283-80BD-4FB3-A201-EF8F543B8194.jpg (960x1275, 369.45K)

Isn't that a retcon of a retcon? How many half-siblings does Nightwing have?

Attached: BCF36F44-3DBD-4047-B6C0-F8C6C6B19479.jpg (886x1182, 316.18K)

Dick just has one, his older half sister Melinda.

Melinda, however, has a few younger half siblings: Dick, Sonia, and Brian.

Just don't read Big Two garbage. Anything that's actually worth reading is usually self contained and you'll hear about it once it's done anyway.

Even Dick’s father had an Asian baby momma.
Both of Dick’s best friends, Wally and Roy, have Asian baby mommas.
Bruce has an Asian baby momma if you count Talia.

Why is Nightwing slacking off?

Only if her ass is as good as Dick's.

As this rate, Jason will have a baby momma (with Rose) before Dick does.

Now that I'm reading comics again I'm reading a lot more non big two stuff than I used to. There's a lot of good stuff. I still read some big two stuff though mostly marvel if I'm being honest and mostly characters or writers/artists I like. I stay away from events

Maybe?

Attached: ED66E43B-79A8-4263-B901-3CCA4BA0984B.jpg (823x1202, 826.89K)

Attached: 7CDED336-2C10-4A11-BAF2-7A507638671F.jpg (639x1412, 583.4K)

Actually impossible, Dick is pretty much an MC in Dark Crisis and he'll be even more important after that event. Plus DC doesn't have nearly the same amount of planning or writing to make something like this work.

>Recently revealed that Nightwing’s dad got another woman pregnant before he married Dick’s mom.
I'm being honest, this sounds fan-fic tier.

I FUCKING LOVE TAYLOR
NIGHTWING NEEDS TO BE BLACK AND GAY

He has something even better
STARCANARY

Attached: RCO006_1468907858.jpg (3975x2942, 2.03M)

Why does he get the best art. If I ignore the words, they're spectacular to look at.

Dick is main character in
Titans
Teen Titans GO
Young Justice

Comic:
Nightwing
Dark Crisis
DC vs vampires

I know right
Art is really amazing

How nice is Siswing's ass? I hope the booty gene isn't on his mom's side.
Eh, maybe it'll look better in costume.

Having a half-sister from one of your parents prior relationships isn't what makes fan-fic tier. What makes it fanfic tier is that said half-sister has multiple, major connections to the Batman franchise, is the real reason why Dick's parents were killed, and is only now being discovered. You're telling me that Batman never discovered that Tony Zucco was married to Dick's dad's ex-girlfriend, or that his oldest kid wasn't his own? I fucking hate small-world syndrome.

Dick discovering a half-sibling who is some average schmuck and the issues with trying to build a familial relationship between two strangers, compounded by the disparity in their lives, could have been something nice. Hell, even Dick's half-sister being the mayor alone could have generated some drama and character plots given the current "rich white guy has come to town to save the poors from their crime-ridden shithole" thing the book currently has going.

I just collect pictures of the husbando.

Attached: tumblr_6280901b2f6df28288257b21c5f3602a_85d991ef_540.png (540x350, 85.76K)

Hawkbeast Boy could fit in a kids' cartoon and why call Donna that when she has already been WW

>this sounds fan-fic tier.
Uh-huh. Welcome to Tom Taylor.

They really don't know what to do with Nightwing, and it's sad. He's just getting hand me down stories/ characters from other superheroes. (secret sister - spider man) (disabled dog - hawkeye)

Add in the rich guy giving all his money away to the poor( writers soapbox) and you have a really bad run. Of course they will have his sister become Nightwing and he will share the mantle. Representation is only skin/ gender deep for marvel comics 2016 I mean dc Comics in 2022

>They really don't know what to do with Nightwing, and it's sad
They don't know what to do with 80% of Batkids. They don't know that to do with Dick, Babs, Tim, Jason, the list probably goes on. And DC ideas how to "fix" them just make things worse.

The paneling/storytelling during the run has also been pretty great imo. You could probably understand most issues without even looking at Toms writing imo

>They don't know what to do with 80% of Batkids.
The problem is that they never grow up. You can't figure out what to do with Steph or Cass if Barbara will always be young, never hitting 30 let alone "too old to be Batgirl".
They knew what to do with Tim when Jason was dead and Damien hadn't been introduced.

Nightwing copies spider-man too much

>Donna Wonder
Hawkbeast would be a good fit for Masters of the Universe

Attached: super-serious.jpg (1024x579, 278.36K)

>Taylor
I hate this guy so fucking much. He's so bad. He always comes up with stupid shit. We need to fire most creative teams and reboot the universe to wipe all that garbage away.

>the rich guy giving all his money away to the poor
Cribbed from Green Arrow.

Hey now, they had two writers who had something for Babs. They just followed up the first one with Larson, and drove off the second one by relentlessly fucking with her.

>Actually impossible

Attached: 1635562976079.jpg (224x311, 16.68K)

I enjoyed Seeley's rebirth run. Then it went to shit.

Doesn't timeline compression mean that Bruce has formally adopted three children who are all 18 (Jason, Tim and Cassandra)?

when are we going to get a nightwing comic were he isnt constabtly sexually exploited and depicted as weak, stupid and incompetent so that a mary sue female character can look better in comparison and be the real driving force of the comic?

>The problem is that they never grow up
In Babs' case, "growing up" means "hey, let's cripple her again and make her a support character in her own book, because we cannot possibly do anything else with her". So, that's not much of an alternative.

>cripple her again
Dare I ask how often this has happened?

I may just be a complete rando on the internet with very little experience in writing fiction, and zero experience writing comics, but I can't help but feel that if I were given the title I would fix all the of the problems.

They've used her spine for drama three times, and currently her excuse for sitting around doing nothing in Batgirls is that she will be paralyzed if she doesn't spend every moment acting like she's already paralyzed.

Most writers are also start as randos sitting around on the internet.

It'll happen for six months at max in the 80-year history of Dick Grayson and you idiots will still bitch and moan the whole time.

This

Sounds like they need to make Bane her archenemy.

Time to rev up them word processors!

>Night Lantern
okay, probably because of that one old bat-lantern elseworlds, pretty cool
>HawkBeast
I guess that's fine because they're both animal based
>Star Canary
>AquaBorg
pretty random but doesn't matter
>Donna Wonder
mixing wonder woman and wonder girl? what's the point
>Flash
>just Flash