I used to think my life was a tragedy, but now I realise, it’s a fucking comedy

>I used to think my life was a tragedy, but now I realise, it’s a fucking comedy

Why did Yea Forums hate this joker

Attached: C167E383-4181-4290-84A3-C2A7664DA6B9.jpg (1280x1843, 291.59K)

Only disneyshills and crazy comic book nerds did. I've seen lots of people here liking it.

It made Ladderbro and his fellow freaks DCfags have a mental breakdown.

It's a bad movie but Phoenix is talented enough to have sold it, to have made it a good interpretation

The common Marvelshill cope is that it's not the Joker, despite the fact that the Joker himself is barely a character. Anyways, Fleck reminds me of a mix between Miller's flamboyant style, and BTAS desesperate narcissism. He's obviously just a different take, but beyond all the things he's still close to what the Joker is, a raging narcissist loser that wants attention, and not what Yea Forums, despite claiming they hate it, believe he is: a genius mastermind about le nihilism.

Also...

Attached: 1646565750662.jpg (1280x650, 164.84K)

Joker was a terrible DC film, but good character film.

Because it was popular.

This movie made me realise the joker should smoke more. Looks cool when he does it

Attached: 7E9A1F16-470C-4F70-99E1-9790F5F3377C.jpg (750x735, 131.15K)

>It's a bad movie
It's the only comic book movie besides TDK that can be considered good. Remember, Disneyshill, remember the kino that beat you.

Attached: C613BA9B-0674-4E9E-8A08-31755B66AA77.jpg (600x874, 170.25K)

Because Ladderfag never got over this, and neither did disneyshills.

Attached: goldenlion.png (824x2358, 1.43M)

He was too based

>It's the only comic book movie besides TDK that can be considered good.
lmao what a dull, boring opinion, and wrong to boot. There's a whole bunch of better capeshit out there, retard.

>Remember, Disneyshill, remember the kino that beat you.
Not everyone that thinks the Joker is derivative and lacking is a mousedrone, I actually generally prefer DC flicks.

>derivative
95% of capeshit is this. Even the most recent The Batman is derivative of Se7en and Zodiac like crazy. TDK is derivative of Heat and Mann as whole.
>lacking
Random words are not argument or criticism.

Great reddit opinions, or is it letterbox. Either way you’re not original.

>lmao what a dull, boring opinion
>lmao
Go back
>derivative
Originality does NOT make a good story or a better thing. Most of comic book stories are copies of each other. All Marvel is literally a copycat of the same movie repeated over and over.

Yeah, everything shows its influence, but it's almost like execution matters. Reeves did a better Fincher than Nolan did Mann or Phillips Scorsese.

Correct, i'm not alone in disliking this film. It's ok.

>Originality does NOT make a good story or a better thing. Most of comic book stories are copies of each other. All Marvel is literally a copycat of the same movie repeated over and over.
>it's almost like execution matters

It's pretty clear you're samefagging, anyway. Accept that not everybody likes your favorite capeshit. Grow up.

>Reeves did a better Fincher
No he fucking didn't. He took all the fight between nihilism and hope from Se7en and turned it into a capeshit movie with a generic shitty third act. All Somerset fight against the evil gets deleted and turned into Nirvana shit.

And thanks to that faggot Reeves, he is bringing his best friend J.J. Abrams to direct the next DC movies. You want to know about derivative? Well, you haven't seen nothing yet.

Attached: 3131313134.png (3124x1528, 1.55M)

>No he fucking didn't.
He really did, though.

>uses capeshit yet praises Reeves' shit take
>has no defense so just "y-youre samefagging"
I accept your concession.

Attached: idiot.png (686x216, 22.81K)

>has no defense
What do you want me to defend? 'D-debaate me!'

No, The Batman is a shitty Disney's Se7en without all the dark and sick stuff that made Se7en so iconic. All that gore and twisted stuff is removed so Reeves' can make his statement about "elites bad except those who aren't like me". Se7en's ending is one of the most iconic moments in modern movies ever made. The Batman's third act is such a mess everyone, even people that like the movie, agree that it was unnecessary.

I don't know what kind of thematic stuff you're zeroing in on with Se7en but i'm talking aesthetically mostly. Not just that movie and Zodiac but Fincher's sensibility in general.

>Aesthetic
Stupid zoomers only give a shit about aesthetic and visuals and think thats what make fincher so kino. It isn't. Kino added humanity between all the darkness and built it up with the themes, the aesthetic. In the batman, all that shitty fincher copycat style has no deeper purpose than looking cool. In Se7en, it added to the whole Dante's Hell homage.

"Muh aeshetics" doesn't mean shit.

NTA

What a weird train of thought, and post in general. Aesthetics don't mean shit in cinema. Ok.

I don't know a single person worth talking to that disliked this movie on release. In fact it really highlighted all the disneyfags in my life that refuse to watch anything that isn't PG-13 and shat out of Kevin Fiege's ass. I still think a sequel is a mistake, this should just remain a solo classic. I really hope this eventually influences an era of rated R, grounded urban-centric comicbook films but I'll take The Batman as a concession.

>the sequel
The sequel is most likely cancelled. Phillips delayed the script and is working in other stuff with Scorsese (Maestro) and Sikelia. So is Phoenix (tho they both still remain friends), who is working with Ari Aster now.

DC ruined it all. Phillips wanted to start a whole new universe with Joker and WB rejected it because they were sure it would flop (that Emmerich retard). Hopefully The Batman is enough to keep DC going, but right now all they have is that, The Flash (Ezra is arrested in some foreign country and not coming back for a while), Shazam 2 (going against Avatar) and Aquaman 2 (delayed).

if you pay attentionthe joker smoking is sort of a cue to the audience that he's being real. there's no irony or silliness when he's smoking. he's serious in other scenes but always when he's smoking,

It's not even an actual comic book/Batman/Joker movie. The director himself said so. It was all for the sake of marketing.

Yeah, it's pretty hard for me to picture Batman as a character working tonally when building off of this Joker's grim exploration of mental illness and social upheaval, but I think it's a strong film in its own right.

Like others have said, the comic book connection feels like it was slapped on for the sake of pushing a familiar IP more than anything.

Attached: Bigtop.jpg (1200x675, 79.65K)

Not even a DC movie, it's just a mix of King of Comedy/Taxi Driver with a cameo from Bruce Wayne.

He was too much of a chad and our incel asses couldn't self insert
Hell, he even had a qt black gf

because its a message board filled with anonymous people

>it's just a mix of King of Comedy/Taxi Driver

Wow. And dredd is just a rehash of die hard and the raid

Get a fucking original opinion. The differences between taxi driver and joker are pretty massive unless you seriously consider “guy goes nuts in grimy seventies looking city” as all it needs

The problem is that you can't tell if this version of the Joker is damaged or not.

It's very clearly drawing from King of Comedy, to the point that Robert De Niro is basically playing Rupert Pupkin as he at the end of that movie.

Good movie? yes
Overrated? yes
Joker is the new TDK.

Keep going. Maybe you’ll figure out drawing from things isn’t bad. Never mind the fact the differences far outweigh the similarities so it’s weird the cultish behaviour in repeating the mantra how they’re just the same

The heck are you talking about, dude? Pupkin was a weird autistic guy and Franklin is a condescending elitist snob.

ROBERT DENIRO IS IN BOTH OF THEM AND IN JOKER THEY ARE THE SAME MOVIE

>Pupkin was a weird autistic guy
Arthur is pretty weird and autistic tho. He also idolizes a famous comedian, and imagines a whole relationship (Pupkin did imagine a whole wedding tho).

We are talking about De Niro or Phoenix? Fix your own shit, retard.
And not, Arthur is not like Rupert. He isn't even obsessed with Murray beyond idolizing him as a father figure more than a comedian. Doesn't even stalk him or try to contact him. Also, Pupkin's arc is different to Arthur's. Arthur's arc is about stopping repressing his trauma and accepting it to move on, while Rupert is going from a nobody to a loser and proving the world wrong. Just because they're mentally ill doesn't mean they're similar. Also, Rupert is autistic while Arthur is a sociopath.

Did they remove reddit from the filter?

user. There’s a difference between having a book of autographs with some fake ones and being awkward in a date and literally imagining a girl is your girlfriend, being incapable of stopping laughing at inappropriate times due to a head injury, and dancing in a bathroom to calm yourself after killing 3 guys

Because /pol/ liked it.

why would i watch a scorcese pastiche when i could just watch the actual thing

You watch Marvel when you could watch real movies.

the only downside to this movie is that they're making a sequel

Attached: rentfree.png (368x500, 85.17K)

>pretending the Joker is a deep character
He's a funnybook character
No better than the Eraser or Kite Man

Hey has anybody pointed out this movie is just a copy of taxi driver and king of comedy?

Yes, fag, disneyshill says it all the time. They always get BTFO. It's literally the only criticism they have and it's hilarious because they enjoy a franchise that has built it's whole success repeating the same movie over and over.

It's a samefag or just trolling.

I still maintain they missed out big by not tweaking some continuity stuff to set up Phoenix as Pattinson's Joker.
All they would have needed to do is say that Arthur was actually like 21 during the Murray Griffin incident, and he remembered himself as being much older due to the movie being a flashback he was describing to his therapist in real time. This would have lined things up pretty well for him to be up against a Batman in his thirties in the present day, maybe a slight time period off but it hardly matters.
I think Phoenix crushed it and I think he'd do an even better job if he had heroes to laugh at.

Attached: Batman__649_pg14_0.jpg (636x1024, 170.46K)

Didn't this movie make ladderbro have a mental breakdown?

I agree. Reeves fucked up not getting Phoenix for the end scene in the Batman. He’d have been so much better than this dumb Frankenstein joker we have now

I'm not saying *I* didn't like it because /pol/ did; I'm saying Yea Forums didn't because it was a big hit with /pol/ and adjacent communities.

Search your feelings.

Honestly, the idea that this character couldn't have morphed into a hybrid between Nicholson's and Ledger's Joker just comes down to tunnel vision. It's an origin story, and what's originating is his larger than life personality
>Gentlemen! Let's broaden our minds! Lawrence?
>You wouldn't hurt a guy with glasses!
>I want my face on the one dollar bill.
>You didn't think I'd risk the battle for Gotham's soul in a fistfight with you?
>I'm not a monster, I'm just ahead of the curve.
>I don't want Mister Reese spoiling everything but why should I have all the fun?
Come on, we all know he could have become both of these characters in one. It would have been awesome.
I think they're trying to make him kinda like Tim Sale's Joker but either way, bleh. I think he'll be remembered as a forgettable Joker, which is probably the best thing they can do right now. If you can't get Phoenix for whatever reason, take it easy rather than trying to top him.

Attached: unknown-31.png (800x1200, 975.52K)

Oh and how could I forget:
>Life's been good to me.
I could effortlessly imagine Phoenix Joker saying that after laughing while meeting with an important criminal.

Attached: Screenshot_20220405-232600.png (2340x1080, 838.13K)

Well, Phillips' original idea, from what I know, was to start a new DC universe called DC Black or something, with Joker as the first one, followed with movies about other villains and get many indie and arthouse directors and writers. And Joaquin would return in some of them and meet other DC villains. Sadly, the pitch got rejected because Warner was afraid Joker would flop.

Attached: joaker.png (988x1000, 1.53M)