People who think Superman is boring are boring...

People who think Superman is boring are boring. All he needs is few new good simple comics to gain favor in the public's eye once more. A new decent movie would help too.

Attached: superman.jpg (1188x1584, 269.74K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ot02hMJ6Hkk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

No. He will be skinny. He will suck dicks. He will get fucked in the ass by pink haired men

>noooo why isn’t muh heckin wholesome super jesus more popular
>what do you mean people want conflict
>what do you mean he vastly overpowers his adversaries

>what do you mean I've never read a comic?

Well, personally I can tell you've never read a superman comic because you were not aware how easily he overpowers his enemies.

Pretty obvious tell, really.

Superman II was released 1982.
There hasn’t been a good Superman movie in 42 years. 42 fucking years.
Superman III sucked, Superman IV sucked, Superman Returns sucked, Man of Steel sucked, Batman V Superman sucked, Justice League sucked…
42 fucking years!
Between the last good Superman movie and now, we’ve had six United States presidents. Batman movies became popular, then unpopular, then popular again since the last good Superman movie. Michael Jackson released Thriller the same year the last good Superman movie came out, he’s been dead for ten years. The Simpson wasn’t on air when the last good Superman movie came out. When the last Superman movie came out, the Macintosh computer hadn’t been launched yet. Since then, the ipod, iphone, and macbook were invented, and now Steve Jobs is dead, he’s been dead for a decade. Harry Potter didn’t exist yet when the last good Superman movie came out, JK Rowling was 17 years old. It became the biggest franchise in the world and then faded in popularity since that time. There was an anniversary special for it recently.
Since the last good Superman movie came out, the Soviet Union has fallen. The United Nations was founded ten years after the last good Superman movie came out. The European Union was founded eleven years after the last good Superman movie came out. The internet didn’t exist when the last good Superman movie came out.
Fuck DC for misusing him! Literally one of the most iconic figures of all time, and they keep fucking him up!

Attached: Firefox_Screenshot_2022-03-09.png (1097x415, 118.23K)

there were good cartoon movies

The public's eye isn't on comics, it's on screens. Good simple comics won't accomplish anything, it's gotta be a movie or a video game or something like that.

Attached: Goku.png (500x375, 369.94K)

except for shoehorning in Lobo, I thought Men of Tomorrow had a lot of great things to recommend it.

Attached: Superman - Man of Tomorrow.png (702x340, 284.86K)

Attached: 46t.jpg (234x293, 21.51K)

still having to shit up Superman threads because no one cares about your web trash?

still shitting up Superman threads with your same stupid image because you can only phone post due to your numerous IP bans and your shitty 1999 Nokia only has enough memory for that one pic?

/thread

Only edgy teenagers and tryhard adults call Superman boring because they're comparing him to Batman and how "complex" he is.

Superman has plenty to work with. He's expected to be this perfect paragon of strength and goodwill yet he's still human (or not, whatever, Kryptons are just superpowered humans anyway).

>few new good simple comics to gain favor in the public's eye
>implying the public's eye looks at comics in current year
What you really need is a good, live action Superman movie that manages to stay true to the core optimism and kindness of the character without giving up too much of that.
But that's not going to happen any time soon, since the only capeshit the public eye wants to see are quippy, irreverent fluff like the MCU or ones that are needlessly self-serious, dour and gritty. If it's not that, then it's a mix of the two like The Boys or Invincible. Superman doesn't work in any of those.
The world and character of Superman is just too sincere and straightforward for the modern day.

Smallville was good for some time tho

Attached: S1Credits-TomWelling.png (853x480, 441.88K)

And I can tell you've never read one because you think his stories don't have conflicts. Start with the Swan era kiddo.

Yeah, the character has not aged well for modern media.
But I'd say the same thing about Captain America fifteen years ago, so who knows?

What Superman really needs is a nerf, so he can go back to punching lasers and fighting birdmen.

I would be okay with this. Although I'd prefer it to not be addressed and have the stories be written that way without explanation. The powers pissing contest is what got us into this "Supes is too OP" mess.

I guess it would work best in a standalone book.

40s white man boy scout will never be popular in his vanilla form. They have tried and failed for 40+ years. Cope and dream.

Attached: 1638509720354.jpg (625x657, 53.17K)

>All he needs is few new good simple comics
fucking kek
that's easier said than done these days

All Star Superman came out in 2008
Have there been any good Superman comics since then? I’ll settle for individual issues

This is the problem really. What people to want Superman? Make good Superman products.

>if Superman didn't have boring shitty comics and movies people wouldn't think he was boring and shitty
Whoa no way OP, really? You don't say

This

They should de-power him to Max Fleischer Superman levels, and just make him this tough son of a bitch who is just stronger than average who can leap far

Attached: MAX_FLEISCHER_SUPERMAN_DISC_1-1.jpg (400x300, 35.16K)

>All he needs is few new good simple comics
>No good Superman comics exist
He just sucks.

Literally this.

> Well, personally I can tell you've never read a superman comic because you were not aware how easily he overpowers his enemies.

Attached: 45E810A4-97B4-4241-9307-1A6FF39DEA0E.jpg (800x1151, 257.78K)

I enjoyed Lobo but felt Lex was actually shoehorned, I'd honestly be really down for a Superman Lobo buddy cop space movie

At this point I doubt anything would be good enough to redeem the character in the eyes of the public. DC has been dragging him through the mud ever since smallville ended.

Is the enemy powered by an obviously contrived and bullshit kryptonite plot device or magic? If yes then the point still stands.

True, true, he doesn't EASILY overpower his enemies. What he does is get hit, exerts more power the villain didn't witness before, and THEN he overpowers them, no super saiyan mode needed either, he just gets stronger through exertion

That'd be my pitch for a Superman movie. Superman The Golden Age. Set in the great depression or World War II. He can only jump tall buildings, run fast, and take bullets. No flight. No heat vision. No superhearing. Much more opportunity to tell stories that don't suck with a Superman who isn't an omnipotent all powerful god. Maybe have him get heat vision and flight in the sequels from his decades of absorbing sun radiation. Then in the final movie after years of buildup, then have him cut loose with his full powerset against a Zod or a Brainiac.

I see we're of the same mindset.

>But I'd say the same thing about Captain America fifteen years ago, so who knows?
MCU cap is a fascist cunt.

More than that he needs to go back entirely to the drawing board, I like Mexican Superman way more than original because he re contextualized the character in an interesting way with a more interesting personality.

>But I'd say the same thing about Captain America fifteen years ago, so who knows?
They basically made Captain America a millenial and not a guy from the actual world war 2. MCU Cap was strangely apolitical and even more strangely, surprisingly okay with being the worlds youngest ww2 veteran. He didn't really angst over it the way he did in the comics.

Good thing he didn't get poltical too. Given the real politics of Chris Evans.

>. All he needs is few new good simple comics to gain favor in the public's eye once more. A new decent movie would help too.
Most people don't read or even care about comics. MoS was good for millions of people, the main reason normies find superman boring is that superman fans want every version of the character to live up to their retarded headcanon version of the character, superman as a father figure is a terrible idea, more important, superfags need to understand that just because the character is supposed to be a symbol for hope IN UNIVERSE, doesn't mean he has to be some wholesome daddy with the personality of wet bread. WB and DC need to stop pandering to adults with arrested development.

>I'd honestly be really down for a Superman Lobo buddy cop space movie
That'd just be ripping off Thor Ragnarok.

(MoS and BvS are based, but not traditional takes on superman)

Attached: supermanslapswonkatodeath (1).jpg (2645x1870, 770.81K)

At this point. It's hard not to believe that the entire idea of a live action Superman movie franchise is legitimately cursed at this point.

They dont care, Superman fans resent when takes on the superman they don't like get popular, that's why they got so mad at Injustice while everyone else just took it as a extremely dumb but fun world.

>superfags need to understand that just because the character is supposed to be a symbol for hope IN UNIVERSE, doesn't mean he has to be some wholesome daddy with the personality of wet bread.

The problem is that Superman himself isn't a very interesting character. But you need to make him interesting by making him the reason other people become interesting. A superman movie needs to be like a western. The white hat who is the new sheriff in town is the least interesting character in the entire movie. But he's not the one who goes through a character arc. Everyone else is. They learn to become less cowardly and stand up to the bad guys terrorizing the town on their own through the sheriffs example.

Make a Lois Lane movie or a Jimmy Olsen movie. Where Superman is the supporting character. Have them be the ones who have to change and go through a character arc. Have Lois and Jimmy be afraid to expose luthor out of fear of what he'll do to them, but get inspired by Superman standing up to him to stand up for the truth.

Or. Watch this video.
youtube.com/watch?v=ot02hMJ6Hkk

> Superman fans resent when takes on the superman they don't like get popular,
That’s literally every fan of any property ever?

You think Luke Skywalker fans are happy

At least Injustice had the balls to go all the way with Superman being evil and not give us the tease without the payoff. Sn evil Superman would be a better reason for the formation of the justice league than fucking steppenwolf.

> The problem is that Superman himself isn't a very interesting character.
You don’t become a Cultural Touchstone by being uninteresting. That’s just not possible.

Attached: 39979AC3-2C8E-47C3-A509-E770C803D844.jpg (460x695, 95.74K)

>You think Luke Skywalker fans are happy

Modern Hollywood hates characters like Luke Skywalker for the exact same reason they hate Superman.

He has an interesting backstory but the character himself isn't interesting.

Also standards for quality of storytelling in the 1930s and 40s were very different from today.

no good ones exist since the 2010s.

Evil Superman out the gate makes no sense.

In a world where everybody and their mom creates a Sympathetic Villain that is more of a hero than the protagonist at times, why the fuck is Superman getting the “100% Irredeemable Villain” troupe when the fucker lost his wife and kid + justifiably killed a mass murderer?

I would accept a Villain Superman a lot more if Superman were treated like a 3Dimensional character when he’s a bad guy, and still treated the people he loves in his inner circle with actual care.

Would you guys REALLY prefer an Evil Superman that just does bad shit like a dictator and kills people without remorse?

Or an “Evil Superman” in the same vein as Mr Freeze or Geto who clearly still give a shit about other people even though they’re clearly doing evil shit.

Imagine Superman STILL going out of his way to save people, even when he’s the “bad guy”. I’m not asking for much. Just have SOME of Superman’s core values still in-tact even when he walks the “dark path”

Attached: 621D3F6A-02FF-4FE3-A6A2-4DE47F7CF0E4.png (500x720, 153.81K)

>that pic
Never forget what they took from you

> Also standards for quality of storytelling in the 1930s and 40s were very different from today.

Superman was the one who set the standards in the first place. At the very least he’s part of the DNA.

Even Kevin Feige stated as much for the blueprint of the modern Superhero blockbuster.

You don’t have that type of longevity for 80+ years if you remain stagnant and aren’t interesting.

>In a world where everybody and their mom creates a Sympathetic Villain that is more of a hero than the protagonist at times, why the fuck is Superman getting the “100% Irredeemable Villain” troupe when the fucker lost his wife and kid + justifiably killed a mass murderer?

We live in a world where people with power almost always abuse it for their own selfish benefit. Polticians, CEOs, Celebrities, that shitty boss at your retail job who insults you at the first opportunity to excercise his authority. Lots of people just project that resentment of people with power, especially absolute power onto Superman.

>You don’t have that type of longevity for 80+ years if you remain stagnant and aren’t interesting.
He hasn't had a good movie in almost fifty years. If he's not stagnant and uninteresting in the comics and cartoons then he certainly is in the movies.

I never thought of Superman as boring. Vanilla sure but not boring.

>retard doesn't recognize Mongul while larping as someone who's read a comic let alone a Superman comic
Thanks for playing faggot

People also love to self-insert as powerful people anyhow. Being rich, super powerful, evil, dark or whatever. People love indulging in power fantasies.

A concept like Superman is never gonna go out of style because nobody is gonna stop wanting to fly

>Even Kevin Feige stated as much for the blueprint of the modern Superhero blockbuster.
Then why doesn't he just make his own Superman movie using Hyperion or Sentry? It's not like he can do a worse job than DC and WB.

It's kind've funny Ironic really. A character who is supposed to embody hope has no hope to be relevant ever again because of the assholes who own the rights to his image.

Yes we know you're a secondary casual faggot

this. he's essentially just a living plot device who can/can't do whatever he needs to do/not do in order to progress the story. then again, i feel the same way about batman being indestructible despite having no super powers whatsoever.

> He hasn't had a good movie in almost fifty years.
He’s had good animated movies. So this isn’t precisely true. He hasn’t had a good mainstream live action movie in those decades, which I blame DC being faggots.

Still, good potrayal in Superman and Lois, Clark fucking mogged Supergirl so hard in the start of Season 2 that the writers had to make him “weaker” than Kara, Smallville was popular, Lois and Clark had its fans and had great chemestry, even Brandon Routh redeemed himself partially in TV.

Its a huge bummer that WB are faggots that don’t wanna do Superman.

>Then why doesn't he just make his own Superman movie using Hyperion or Sentry?
That would be a flex

>You don’t have that type of longevity for 80+ years if you remain stagnant and aren’t interesting.

The organized religions around Jesus Christ would beg to differ.

>doesn’t recognize fucking MONGUL
the absolute state of Superman “fans” is astounding.

This is why I never take you critics seriously.

Attached: D91E8F93-E807-46B2-BCEA-BAB7EA6A4372.jpg (882x1356, 359.03K)

Christianity is certainly interesting.

You think some faggot shitting on the character for purely strawmmaned reasons is a "fan"?

Doubt he's going anywhere. Songs about him, references in all pop media, expies literally out the ass, 80+ years of history without going under. He's in the same boat Holmes is, an icon that most people don't have more than a surface understanding of.
He definitely won't go away, but I think aspects of his character will change. For some reason pure good just isn't good enough for storytelling anymore.

>A concept like Superman is never gonna go out of style because nobody is gonna stop wanting to fly

Everyone wants to indulge in the fantasy of flying. Not everyone wants to indulge in the fantasy of being a morally pure milktoast white man who doesn't do anything with his powers other than save orphans from trees.

Tony Stark fucks supermodels, gets drunk AND flies and saves the world. All the creature comforts of vice while still being the good guys.

Attached: 407681D2-E8CB-42AB-A4B4-0CC076E27FC1.jpg (998x1000, 126.44K)

Certainly moreso than Superman.

Why do you think I said “fans”? The user was clearly larping as a fan acting like an expert just to shit on a character he doesn’t even know.

What’s the problem? You were complaining Superman is boring right op? Having him learn about buttfucking and sucking dick and cumming in asses and eating cum should be exciting for you, right?

Attached: 03CA361E-4249-4230-8B32-78D229F60DB4.jpg (1200x628, 135.17K)

He's entrenched in the American dialect even
>Kryptonite
>Brainiac
>Faster than a Speeding Bullet
>Super[whatever]

Mongol and Darkseid Brainiac and Zod are 'Final Boss' characters that can physically outmatch Superman. They're the exceptions not the rule. Most of the time Superman does defeat his villains with minimum effort unless it's the kryptonite or magic plot device.

> Not everyone wants to indulge in the fantasy of being a morally pure milktoast white man who doesn't do anything with his powers other than save orphans from trees.
I do. I also like the idea of punching Greek Gods in the face

Attached: 67D7387F-5A89-4CA3-A4F7-C599B240D5FF.jpg (1000x1455, 319.59K)

Worst part is you can't make an interesting Superman game because he's just too OP. A god mode is a 'mode' in a game for a reason. Not the default way of playing the game.

Good news! Pic related is working hard on just such a movie! Oh, you don’t mind if they make Clark black, do you?

Attached: 4623AC68-9C43-4CC5-A3CC-523C798B0255.jpg (1365x2048, 845.89K)

>T-THAT DOESN'T COUNT PAY NO ATTENTION TO THE FACT I COULDN'T EVEN IDENTIFY THAT CHARACTER I GET TO SAY DOESN'T COUNT
kill yourself retard

Zod isn’t even “final boss” material.

He’s not exceptionally strong compared to Non, and Faora is a better fighter.

Superman typically fights Zod and his cronies. Not Zod alone.

Tell me. How many Supermodels has Superman fucked? None because he's too morally pure to have vices. and vices make an interesting character as much as virtue.