Fantasy or Sci-fi comic has slave race

>Fantasy or Sci-fi comic has slave race
>automatically is considered an analogy for black peepo
So just don't write about slaves?

Attached: xz.jpg (277x182, 5.36K)

Other urls found in this thread:

artsforillinois.org/posts/not-quite-white-arabs-slavs-and-the-contours-of-contested-whiteness
jstor.org/stable/2844280
etymonline.com/word/slave
slate.com/human-interest/2015/05/peter-h-wood-strange-new-land-excerpt.html
pbs.org/race/000_About/002_04-background-02-12.htm
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar

Or just make'em robots. Robot comes from Czech, from robota ‘forced labor'. Essentially 'slave'.

Stupid Americans don't know anything about slavery beyond the Transatlantic

>Try making the slaves primarily white.

>Critics are unable to believe that white people could ever be victims of slavery, unlike non-white people.

I've seen people argue that Slavs aren't white because the word slave comes from them

Good thing Irish aren’t people

Why is a concept of slavery in fiction bad? Same with racism and sexism.

Because you are framing it as a "slave race" which is particular thing from American Slavery. Before that slaves came from war raids, debts, etc. but never from a designated "race" that was somehow okay to enslaved in opposition to others.
tl;dr don't make your slaves a race but captured people.

You know what I hate? Faggot white liberals and blacks who think Africans were the only race to ever be enslaved throughout history

Source that shit, I need to have this documented.

You must've missed a lot of schooling to not know that slavery wasn't invented until white people decided to kidnap Africans for their American cotton fields.

Many white peoples have been enslaved, and many bad things have happened to the Irish, but Irish slaves were never a thing. It's a common misconception.

>tl;dr don't make your slaves a race but captured people.
If one group of people conquers and captures another group, the captured group is a slave race. Historically you didnt have various multiethnic groups going after each other, it was one group (bound by ethnicity/race) against another (ethnicity/race). What are the Hebrews enslaved by the Egyptions if not a slave race?

artsforillinois.org/posts/not-quite-white-arabs-slavs-and-the-contours-of-contested-whiteness
jstor.org/stable/2844280

>but Irish slaves were never a thing
I guess the Viking just had then as indentured servants huh.

Haitians consider poles black

Make the slaves white and the slavers black. Problem solved.

etymonline.com/word/slave
It's true. I remember learning about it in both anthropology and linguistics classes at university.
The word for the ethnic group came first (as the proto-slavic word *slovenin), and was loaned into byzantine greek as sklabenos, which went into latin as sclavus, which went into old french as esclave, which went into english as slave.

As for people saying that slavs aren't white, I've never seen it, but it won't require much evidence because every stupid opinion on race has already been stated by someone and it's impossible that no one has had that opinion.

indentured servants are a different category of people than slaves. Many societies (including slavery-era america which is usually brought up first when talking about historical slavery) had both institutions at the same time, with radically different social statuses and rights for slaves and indentured servants.

I knew of the etymology, I was referring to Slavs not being considered white. Another user sourced it (thank you).
I have mostly Slavic blood, and I can confirm we're a caucasoid people.

>reading comprehension

"Indentured servants" were majority Irish. Indentured servitude is just slavery with a more gentle name. Chattle slavery, while being one of the most brutal forms of slavery, is not the only form of slavery. Hell, chattle slavery isnt even the worst, that title goes to slavery as extermination, where the goal is to work a population to death.

Why do white racists try to act like this is some kind of "gotcha"? Everyone is aware of the Barbary slave trade and Roman slave trade.

It's pure Whataboutism. We're talking about the Atlantic Slave Trade and the massive aftereffects on the present day.

>We're talking about the Atlantic Slave Trade and the massive aftereffects on the present day.
No, we are talking about fictional slaves in a fictional story. You just cant help but think of black people when the word slave comes up.

I'm not arguing with OP. I'm arguing with dude's whataboutism.

The guy was referring to the OP. Saying the scifi writers should make the slave race white, and then providing conjecture on what the critics response would be. You are the one bringing up the transatlantic slave trade.
Also solid reddit spacing, go back to /pol/, lefty/pol/ or wherever you came from.

Haiti literally gave Poland the N-Word Pass.

Nobody spaces their sentences on reddit, stupid.

I suppose you would know...

You guys keep evading the issue, the problem with black slavery was that the justification to keep them enslaved was "they are black and being subjugated is their natural state", that's what a slave race is.
If according to the Bible the Hebrew were slaves to the Egyptians due to their innate nature than they would be considered an slave race, otherwise, they are just people who are enslaved. Same with captured ethnic groups in raids, in the logic for enslaving them isn't "because they lose and got captured" but "because they are natural slaves" then they are NOT an slave race, they are just people with really shitty luck.

Here's the question, are they chosen among other to been enslaved BECAUSE they are white? Otherwise they are not an slave race.
Slave race = the entire race has a single purpose which is to be enslaved
Otherwise is just people who are enslaved for other reason that has nothing to do with race, like the main character being captured an sent to the salt mines

Bud, you are making up your own definition of 'slave race' and getting butthurt about other people not having the same one.

No user, I'm explaining why when you create a fictional "slave race| people think of a reference to American slavery, mostly because is the rare example where enslavement was explain as the natural state of an entire race.

Ok. How about a hypothetical. Fantasy setting, orcs, elves and shit. There is an Elf ruler, gathers his army and they invade Dwarf land. They kill the Dwarf army and decide their military victory shows that they are superior, and take the remaining Dwarves captive as a slave race.
Does this meet your definition of 'slave race'?

If you have the Elf ruler justifying the enslavement of every dwarf due to their inferiority as a race, yes, the dwarves would eventually become an slave race as the story progresses and people would take it as an allegory to chattel slavery.
>"Why do we keep the dawrves enslaved?"
>"Because they are dwarfs"

And the difference is...

>Everyone is aware of the Barbary slave trade and Roman slave trade.

They really aren't. When is the last time you spoke to a normalfag?

So you dont think the Egyptians viewed themselves as superior to the Hebrews?

The reason they tell you why you are on a path of servitude without choice. Pick your poison:
>Lost the war
>Got captured by raiders
>Debts
>Born to another slave
>Sold yourself to get access to things
>Sold by your parents for the same reason
>You don;t have a land to work so it's either this or nothing
>Your race's purpose is determined to be slavery

Is a long, complicated debate. The Bible doesn't say such, it just says the Pharaoh subjugated the people, doesn't really says why (that I recall, if any Biblefag here wants to add to this is more than welcome) mostly due to military might.
Historical records also don't point to an enslavement of Hebrews due to race, instead surviving records point to paid work.
If you have any documents pointing to Hebrew enslavement based on race share them.

Do you have a source for your definition of 'slave race'?

Yes. This issue of slavery as matter of race is very interesting, and started on the question of if Native Americans were to be enslaved or not.
>slate.com/human-interest/2015/05/peter-h-wood-strange-new-land-excerpt.html
>pbs.org/race/000_About/002_04-background-02-12.htm

neither of those gives a definition of 'slave race', especially in the context of as a concept in fiction.

>especially in the context
escpeciallly as can be used in the context

Let me put it this way, race as a moral justification for slavery started there, and I invite you to find any early example if you want.
You could get enslaved for many reasons in ancient times, but not because you somehow belong to a race that exist to be enslaved. You know, like a race of slaves... a "slave race" if you want.

>You could get enslaved for many reasons in ancient times
And if you and your group were enslaved, your group became a slave race.
You are arguing against that by defining 'slave race' as a group enslaved specifically because of views of racial superiority (and not providing a source for that definition).
Do you think that fantasy races are 1 to 1 examples of real world races? Or does the concept of race in fiction differ from that in the real world? Keep in mind we are on Yea Forums not /his/.

but if I want to have an alien empire that took over a planet and they look down on them because they are "Lizer people" and enslave them....why isn't that ok?....and every stupid person will accuse me of thinking black people are lizards

Here's the deal, if the justification in your world for why someone is a slave is "race" people WILL associate it with the only real world example of that.

>And if you and your group were enslaved, your group became a slave race.
All races are groups but not all groups are races. You should stop conflating the two as it is working counter to your point.

So, really no difference.

Depending on how you frame it, they will instead associate it with colonialism, like what the Spanish conquerors did to the natives.
A lot, that's like saying every job in a factory is the same.

Whataboutisms aren't a thing my dude.

>in ancient times
Yea I remember all of the racially diverse villages in Gaul.

Attached: diverse.jpg (1024x682, 130.2K)

To real Gauls, two tribes were as different as you see a Mexican from you. To Romans, they were all Gauls. That's how it worked.

>they will instead associate it with colonialism
nuh uh, because their planet is shit. They will take the Lizard ppl and force them to mine for Lazorlith, because they are immune to it's deadly radiation!
and everyone will call me raciss, "Oh so you thank we all lizers an shit!?"

Attached: 261190_271432442870875_4379115_n.jpg (180x148, 5.79K)

Except you can quit whenever you want.
And they pay you in stuff you can spend anywhere in the world.

user that's kind of the point. If they're NOT racially diverse, then the slavery must've been for a reason other than race. Like religion or location or some other caste based division.
You're confusing a slave *caste*, based on a non visual distinction, with a slave *race*, something based on observable phenotypical differences.

And how are this lizard people framed like? Tell me about them instead of about what they do, since they are so important for your story that they are the slave race.

yes but you can still write about white slaves owned by blacks. congrats.

>implying inversion is not the same commentary
Saying "this is how it would be if the situation were reverse and it was you instead of them" is still commenting on black slavery. You are not as clever as you think you are.

>manga
>MC dies in modern real world
>goes to fantasy world
>ima be a real hero!
>slave market
>instead of rescuing/ending slavery, MC purchases the most bangable slave he can get his hands on
>somehow MC is supposed to be a good person and be cheered for
sends my sides to space every time.

if you look at history, the common trend was to enslave your neighbors and it wasn't until way later that enslaving other races entirely became practical. the jews used to be the token downtrodden slave race (their entire morality and holy scripts is based on it) but african americans took that crown since then.

I heard about this years ago but didn't listen because it sounded like bullshit. I've heard both wokescolds and nazis talk about this but they're full of shit. Sadly googling this brings up the same three papers 50 times and not anyone directly saying that slavs aren't white

what do you mean framed like? why do i have to pass a racism test before i get to write about slave lizard people?

Then go kill jews.

Attached: 1643924648195.jpg (1024x702, 77.19K)

Don't you have a white celebrity to cancel on Twitter or something?

Unfriendly reminder that you guy are fucking retards that took OPs bait hook, line and stinker. You have now spent several hours arguing about offtopic shit that belongs on .

Kindly kill yourself.

Attached: Un-Sacred 001-018.jpg (427x642, 131.67K)