Mark Russell

>literally the only good modern comic writer
>Yea Forums hates him
The absolute state of this board.

Attached: DC_YOU_TALENT_CAROUSEL_r2_MarkRussell_55dd11d0e62554.44111247.jpg (900x675, 104.87K)

I don't hate him, I just think Wonder Twins was mediocre and One-Star Squadron is even worse.

I havent read anything by him, but that quote is one of the dumbest things I've read in a while.

He has his good and bad.

Flintstones sucked. Change my mind.

No one cares.

You derailed an entire thread trying to convince me so obviously you do. So use this thread.

Flintstones is out of character garbage and only shills say they enjoy it.

My Bad was pretty funny.

Attached: Screenshot_228.jpg (600x600, 57.67K)

Fantastic Four Lifestory made many angry.

Fuck off, Reedfag.

One star squadron is bad, both because of the mischaracterization but also because the logistics of a Heroz4u app doesn't make sense.

It shat on Sue and Ben just as much.

So just looking at the file name youre either a shill or intern.

No it didn't bitch. Go watch some Steven Crowder like the contrarian fuck you are

>Every story about a bus driver is ultimately a story of someone driving a bus, sometimes well and sometimse horribly.

The book is insulting the very concept of the Fantastic Four

He looks exactly like I thought he would, a skinnier mix of MovieBob and Patrick Tomlinson.

It was hipster shit.

Literally worse than Dan Slott

I've only read Flintstones and it was shit.
I should have expected that from a fucking Hanna-Barbera comic.

>out of character
Yez
>garbage
No
Although i think original characrers akin to watchmen to charlton, would have been better. Even bedrock didnt feel like bedrock.

What would you say are his three best books? I'm interested in the Superman book because I'm a yuge Allreds mark.

From my notes I've read:
2015 Prez Mark Russell Good
2019 Wonder Twins Mark Russell Not my cup of tea
2021 Fantastic Four Life Story Mark Russell Average

Attached: SUPERMAN-Space-Age-_1-scaled.jpg (1686x2560, 389.55K)

>Every story about a person in power is a story about a person in power
What a fucking nothing statement.

>Yea Forums hates him
Since when? The threads of Prez and Flintstones were great.

I don't think Ralph actually driving a bus comes up much in The Honeymooners.

People die when they are killed.

>sensible chuckle: the writer

He writes cringe self-hating commie propaganda.

Attached: Flinstones 8 21.jpg (1800x2767, 1.24M)

>the board the was sad to see Prez get cancelled and praised Flintstones tons
>hate Russell

you faggots hate everybody, but Russell is great despite his debilitating liberalcy

Hipsters are not a thing since 2012

Saying anything less obvious would trigger a /pol/ discussion on this thread since American politics are like that, you can't only say the obvious or you are trying to start a controversy and forcing politics in comics.

Somewhere along the line shills stopped remembering that they’re doing a job and actually thought their shilling amounted to love.

Nobody loves this faggot. Nobody loves his comics. Shills put on a fucking blitz and seemingly fell in love with the smell of their own farts.

>You do work that doesn't make you hate existing with every fibre of your being even when you're not there! Hah! Fucking Leisure class!
>No I don't care that it was both essential AND risked you being fucked to death by a mammoth; clearly you enjoyed it and that somehow means the rest of us are suffering from it.
>Also ignore that women enjoyed the social aspects and security of their own work; all this only applies to men
I wish I could hate communists to death over the internet. Fucking Christ.

You make political statements to start a conversation you retard. If you’re making puddle deep statements with zero weight behind them you’re just trying to appear topical while wanting to avoid the implications of being so.

And of course that’s the reality and not just in Yea Forums or in America you self hating faggot. You just agree with his liberal views on Twitter and for some reason don’t understand the asinine arrogance it takes to think you’re automatically right just because the other people are bad bad bad and wrong wrong wrong!

You didn't say anything either. Your post is just "How DARE you SAY something I can't say it's WRONG!"

Sometimes he's good. Sometimes he's not. Usually he's good when he's writing funny stuff. He's never written a good serious book.

He’s like a better Tom king, he has a capability to be more nuanced but he’s quickly buying into his own hype.

Yeah fuck this guy

It made fun of Hipster/art culture you fucking retard

The only accusation Russell made on this page is that the person in charge isn't always the most fit to lead and cannot be trusted to do so selflessly, then simply posited that men were the first demographic to unilaterally enjoy this privilege, which is pretty much inarguable fact. Yet you still let it shatter your fragile masculinity and created a bunch of strawmen just so you could lick boots. Do they really taste that good?

That’s not what that post said at all idiot.

>disagreement is a sign of being shattered
Lol are you twelve?

OP is clearly false flagging, come on.
He's a talented writer, who like many of his milieu slips up when he indulges his Twitter-ness too heavily. But he's among the best when he's in the zone.

He's fine when he writes about something few people care about(Flintstones, Prez). But on stuff that actually has a fanbase (FF) his cynical shit doesn't fly.

That it what it said. You can tell just looking at the angry typing, it's obvious for everyone except the one writing it

>literally the only good modern comic writer
>Tranny
why is god so cruel?

Attached: 1200px-SimonHanselmann.jpg (1200x1377, 260.83K)

"Men were the first leisure class" is only something someone born into a wealthy family would say and going by his picture in the OP, the guy has never worked a day of manual labor in his life. He projects his own hangups on everyone else and demands they apologize for being who they are. Steinbeck's thoughts about communists in America are as true now as they were then.
> "Except for the field organizers of strikes, who were pretty tough monkeys and devoted, most of the so-called Communists I met were middle-class, middle-aged people playing a game of dreams. I remember a woman in easy circumstances saying to another even more affluent: 'After the revolution even we will have more, won't we, dear?' Then there was another lover of proletarians who used to raise hell with Sunday picknickers on her property.
>"I guess the trouble was that we didn't have any self-admitted proletarians. Everyone was a temporarily embarrassed capitalist.

Wonder Twins had a lot of interesting ideas. I would have no objection seeing it used as the basis for whatever HBO Max series they are doing and it would be a good way to introduce C-List and D-List tier DC villains to normies.

I also just really like Byrne's artwork, so I view your 'mediocre' post like those few autistic anons on here 24/7 who constantly spam their ridiculous ideas in the hopes that some of the idiots here will just accept them as the '/co consensus' when it's no such thing.

I haven't read OSS, but the idea of it doesn't appeal to me - especially using some of the DC heroes in that way.

And I do agree with comments here that Life Story is weird and unsettling, but I expected humor and I don't really read Marvel, but even then I found some of it OOC from what I can glean from a lot of other opinions on the FF.

I enjoyed WT a lot but I'm a big fan of Stephen Byrne's art and art style. I thought the evil OC was interesting but could have been developed more but that was probably due to having to shoe-horn some other stuff and not being given enough issues to let them breath.

I would put Flintstones way up and I've not read enough on Prez to comment fairly, but Imperious Lex was great and I liked his take on Lois and Clark and I'm also a huge Allred fan (and of the brother - Lee? - as well) so I'm actually looking forward to it.

FF Life Story was weird but I don't read Marvel so don't have the hate boner, just that death came out of left field and the non-Doom OC villain (again, as far as I know he's an OC) was also meh, but mostly that the book wasn't even witty or charming - but I think the whole concept of Galaticus is stupid as fuck. It's also why I thought Eternals didn't work, since the idea of how those beings worked was as stupid as fuck and the film treated a stupid idea with such pomposity.

The recent Space Age thread was just a WOKE/TRANS /pol trashfest 'let's dump' on Russell.

I liked Wonder Twins, One-Star Squadron is just depressing as hell. Also, he gave us THUNDER LUST!

Attached: Incestual hand holding.jpg (311x522, 42.87K)

>Wonder Twins had a lot of interesting ideas.
But iffy executions. Like Janya being friends with a supervillain in the making or the league of annoyance are good ideas but 3ot felt rushed and needed more details to flesh it out.

Oh, that was him? Fuck this guy then.

>reedcucks seething that sue got namor'd
russell is based, you guys are all fags.

>Thunder Lust
Good name for a band

I'm not sure you could describe men as a whole as the first leisure class but when civilization progressed enough that leisure classes could exist they were almost all men.

>Argument gets spatchcocked like a chicken.
>Y-y-you're so mad!
Stay salty you bitch ass motherfucker. You follow a failed ideology.
Oh as for
>The leader isn't always the most fit to lead
This is pure cope for people that think they're smarter than they are but are too incompetent and unlikeable to ever get into a position of power. It's the exact mentality that put the bureaucrat in charge of the USSR.

you now remember charles soule

It's not like these men were making their wives and daughters work.

Yes - but I think Russell needs more than 6/12 issues to flesh some of his ideas out properly OR a really good editor to collaborate with him and pare some of them down until he can convince suits to give him more than 6/12 issues. Flintstones is a good example of where he had enough space.