What's actually wrong with this

What's actually wrong with this

Attached: Batman_89.png (994x1528, 1.88M)

There was a Barbara Gordon variant cover. That's literally it. It made autists REEEE harder than a frog being dissected alive.

>It doesn’t feel like the Burton movies. Especially with the atmosphere.
>Too many references
>bringing Catwoman back
>bringing the freakin Joker back

Harvey is neat but gets pushed to the side.

It feels less like a sequel and more like Fanfiction.

What about it?

Are you retarded? The comic sucks.
>HE’S ROBIN THE STORE!

One autist (this user ) is obsessed with Batman having sex with Batgirl. It is his horrible ship and fetish.

He gets angry when people shit on it and have a persecution complex.

It's just a BLM promo that has nothing in common with Burton Bats.

4 months between issues.

someone storytime it

Hamm is a faggot and diversity is a weakness

Just a reminder; Black Robin was Tim's idea.

Marlon Waynes Robin was not Burton's idea, he was the executives' idea. But there's nothing wrong with Robin being black, there's something wrong with Black Robin where Black is the first and most important trait of the character, as is the case in this comic.

The Superman comic was so much better

Attached: STL198681.jpg (2981x4584, 1.75M)

Diversity is a weakness. Fuck blackwashing.

Haven't heard a thing about that comic. Can I get a summery?
>Diversity is a weakness

The second this was announced I knew it would be shit. I knew they would either bring Burton's Batman to heel (ie make him more like the mainstream comics) or otherwise completely miss the tone and aesthetic of 89 and Returns. Turns out it was both that and much worse than I thought.

Attached: Batman-1989-BTS-23.jpg (690x517, 50.98K)

>He doesn’t know Marlan Wayans was intended to be Robin
Die zoomer.

>I need to go to /pol/ when you’re the casual who’s never even heard about a major big 2 release
Kill yourself faggot. Go back.

>No one mention /pol/
>cries /pol/
Yea Forumsumblr rent free yet again.

>t-t-t-the /pol/ bullies!!

Your time has passed, Yea Forumsmblr

Real diversity comes from CHARACTER, not fucking skin color, that's literally not a /pol/ack thing to say, dipshit

How about /pol/ shut the fuck up? This is why Yea Forums laughs at you chuds!

>it's /pol/ to state facts about what actual diversity is
Not how it works, retard

Superman'78 was written by somebody who loved the movies as a tribute to Reeves and Donner

Batman'89 was by a butthurt never-been who was so afraid of obscurity he had to show everyone how shitty could the original movie be if he hasnt dropped out of production due to guild strike.

I don't have a problem with Robin being black in principle, but in the context of a new 2022 comic book, it's just exhausting. I'm really tired of everyone becoming black.
It isn't about the politics or whatever, it's just that whenever I see it, I know it's the only thing people will talk about in respect to that character. Like if he were white, people would only be talking about the comic book. They made him black, so people are only talking about race.
Yeah, that's a thing about the community and not the book. But it's because of the book that the community is having that discussion, so yes it does make me very, very tired. You can't convince me it isn't the primary intention nine times out of ten when they do this. It's exhausting. I just want people to talk about the books instead of having angry political arguments, and they aren't created with the intention of being evaluated on quality first. Why would I want to read something that's made to be discussed rather than to be read?

It is tiresome since it's just being insulting to blacks, it's effectively tokenizing them, just "endearingly" instead of the old types of token blacks who were arguably insulting stereotypes. It's basically going "see? We this character look like YOU. Won't you buy our books now, please?"
There's tons of existing black characters in comics, yet hardly anyone tries to use them, and what few do get used tend to end up being made into political mouth pieces. And nobody seems to want to just make original characters because they can't be asked to wait and build a following, instead just stealing that of another character by race swapping them.

>Sam Hamm
Was this where they got the name Bam Ham City from?

The problem is also that diversity just means black these days. Race swap? It's a black person now. Maybe a muslim woman, but 90% of the time it's someone black. Indian, south east asians, hell, it's like native americans don't even exist.

Well yea, diversity has, for some time now, basically been "anything but white", which is just stupid, since race has nothing to with one's character. Same thing with sexuality. It's one thing to say a character is gay, but that can't be the ONLY thing about them.

Nah, Bam Ham came from this goofy edit of the first Arkham game's boxart.

Attached: Bam a ham yum.jpg (643x808, 175.1K)

Elaborate?

He's suddenly friends with Harvey, despite them never interacting in 89, Gordon is now more like his comic version, the city doesn't even look like Gotham in either movie, looks like current year Gotham, Keaton's EYES ARE FUCKING WHITE, gets the giant penny in the Batcave, talks way too much, add smug nigger Robin to the mix and my stomach churns

>And nobody seems to want to just make original characters because they can't be asked to wait and build a following, instead just stealing that of another character by race swapping them.

Considering how many new original characters never gain that following and end up either abandoned or cannon fodder, because so many fans refuse to support anyone but the same old usual characters? It's no wonder why it's safer to make use of a popular, mainstay character that will reliably get attention.

DC or Marvel aren't going use those existing characters if they think no one gives a shit about them. Enough people complained specifically about Stephanie Brown and Cassandra Cain for DC to recognize there's enough of an audience to want them back.

...thanks user, thanks.

Attached: batman doesn't get it.jpg (1280x720, 59.41K)

That's because they barely try with the new characters. And just because it's "safer" to change preexisting characters doesn't make it good

Bam Ham
Bonus Content includes: Batman

>so brainwashed that he thinks /pol/speak is normal
nice gaslighting

>stating facts is gaslighting
Stay wrong, retard.

This thread is living proof of this. They knew what they were doing.

They barely try because there's decades of failed attempts they can point to. Whenever someone says there's all these original existing characters that could be used, I think about Infinite Crisis killing off a long list of those characters and fans laughing because they never gave a shit about any of them.

>And just because it's "safer" to change preexisting characters doesn't make it good

It's the reality of a situation where fans, the fans that became the writers and editors, and the suits only care about a few 40-80 year old characters and will not ever move away from them. If Batfamily stuff is the only thing that fans care about, DC is only going to work with that, rather than crashing and burning with a new or underutilized character those fans will never go outside their comfort zone to read.

But this doesn't work any better. Every time they make a character black it just makes people resent black people in comic books and want the actual character back. I would argue this is ten times worse for representation than introducing a bunch of blorkos like Jessica Cruz and Kamala Khan

Attached: 4d86e853aa6504cc29af335580440a55.jpg (1988x3056, 668.94K)

>black people don’t support black characters so white people don’t get to have the characters they supported either.

Weak logic.

Seriously, the number of times a character becoming black has stuck the landing can't be more than single digits.

Attached: Catwoman_wearing_stolen_jewelry_S01E13.jpg (1912x1072, 252.7K)

Then they just have to fucking try harder, simple as that.

Why try harder when Twitter will back you up with "Racist sexist KKK Joshua Tomar go away" every time people criticize you for making something stupid?

Because twitter isn't the entire world

>tfw Superman Lives comic never

As far as DC is concerned, no matter who it is, the Batman, Catwoman, or the Flash brand name is going to do better than any new character or underutilized character. Unless you can convince DC otherwise, they see a black Batwoman is going to get more attention and interest from the majority of fans than trying to bring back Orpheus or Skitter. A team title with a Superkid, a Batkid, a Wonderkid and a Green Lantern kid is going to be more popular than using underused, original Titans characters.

There are characters I'd wish they'd bring back and use instead of yet another derivative character, but I know they have zero interest from fans to support them. It's not about if it's good or bad, or if they try hard enough, it's just sadly what the market is.

Is this still going?
It' feels like its been a while since I've seen a new one

Semi related but are they going to keep Gotham like how it looked in the Burton films for Flash or will it be some generic modern city now? I've heard some people say the latter but then they went to the effort of keeping Knebworth House as Wayne Manor in that teaser so why would they everything else? Is it going to be some bs where it's an Earth similar to the Burtonverse but not that exact same one?

Attached: Gotham1989mattPainting.jpg (2037x1301, 203.29K)

>add smug nigger Robin
I mean at least this along with Lando Two-Face were ideas that were actually supposed to be a thing at some point with Burton Batman so it doesn't bother me too much

Usually love Joe Quinones and all the Burton Batman art he's done over the years but for some reason most of the art on the actual book just doesn't hit. It's like it doesn't capture the vibes most of the time in the actual interiors, the covers hit that nice but it's like corners are cut inside for deadlines. Colors probably don't help either, too incongruous with meeting the visual tones of the movies or meeting in the middle/

>Can I get a summery?
Brainiac attacks the Donnerverse, gets a royal ass-kicking from the most hopeful and optimistic Superman ever to exist after Clark finds out his birth parents are still alive in Brainiac's shrunken city he took from Krypton. Gene Hackman Lex is fantastic.

>Is it going to be some bs where it's an Earth similar to the Burtonverse but not that exact same one?
They probably want it to be THE Burtonverse, but we've seen several variations of that universe over the years (ex. the newspaper adaptation of the first movie) that it could just as easily be one of those of the reception is too negative.

I'm still baffled DC got away with referencing an ancient racist joke for Robin's origin.
Other comics caused outrage for less.

This, dropped after the first few issues about how fucking awesome Billy Dee Williams Harvey Dent is (featuring Batman maybe). Also it's all burn loot murder and of course Robin is a shitskin.

>>bringing Catwoman back
Why is this bad? She's revealed as alive at the end of Batman Returns, because she had one life left.

It should have been over by now but issue 5 has been delayed by three months. It will supposedly come out later this month.

>It doesn’t feel like the Burton movies. Especially with the atmosphere.

This, I was excited to read this and was instantly disappointed by the art. It's much too bright. Pic related is the kind of look the art should have had. A real letdown because I just watched Returns and it's now the best Batman movie in my eyes

Attached: STL214613.jpg (938x1200, 132.32K)

When did they bring Joker back?

This nails about every single reason why the comic sucked.

I still only got two issues of this since I got a subscription to it and Superman 78 which I got all but one issue so far...I'm never doing that shit again.