Ben will get back to normal, right? Right?

Ben will get back to normal, right? Right?

Attached: Amazing Spider-Man 093-044.jpg (1988x3056, 1.26M)

No. He'll be chasm forever. Just like when he was Jackal. Just like when he had that weird costume at the start of his Scarlet Spider ongoing. Just like when he went back to his original costume for the rest of his ongoing. Just like when he was Spider-Man for the Beyond arc.

If by "normal" you eman "out of any comics and not existing", then I sure hope so.

There's no such thing as permanent changes in comic books.
Just like how Wolverine will always die and will always come back.

Depends on if Nick Lowe ever leaves or not

>he's literally just 1990's Strange but spider motif
Holy fuck are comic writers scraping the bottom of the barrel?

Nobody with taste or a brain likes Ben. People read Spider-Man for fucking Peter Parker

Depends if Nick Lowe remains as SM editor or is eventually sent packing. But hopefully this Chasm shit won't be permanent (like anything in comics ever is).

This. They're doing Ben fans a favor by even keeping.him alive

literally no one cares why do you guys keep making threads about it

no they aren't, if they're just going to fail at making him a villain, over and over, for YEARS, it would be better if he was dead

people only liked ben for who he was and that's why they wanted him back, if him coming back comes with a clause of "well he's just going to be a retarded jerkass in a shitty knockoff villain suit" then you haven't done anyone a favor

We care

So what's his deal now? Does he have some kind of evil spider mystic powers?

He’s lost his memories, gone crazy, and has physic goo powers

In addition to basic Spider-Man powers?

I guess? We don't actually know much because it was the end of arc cliffhanger.
We do know because of the articles afterwards though that he is going to be antagonistic towards Peter going forward, which is what everyone wanted

If you told a kid me reading about Ben Reilly working at the Daily Grind coffee shop that in 25 years Ben would be repeatedly trashed and Kaine would be top Spider-Bro I'd have never believed you

Attached: fdh4.jpg (480x360, 48.54K)

wrong

Dick is Nightwing for like 4 decades user.

They should've done a series with Spider Bros Kaine and Ben. Scarlet Spiders.

After seeing the absolute thrashing to Ben's character, I'm now convinced that the reason why Kaine doesn't show up is because everyone is terrified to even mention him because they'll be told to kill him off

Benom?

:DDD

Attached: Spurdo.png (528x404, 12.64K)

Attached: calvin hobbes laugh.jpg (960x569, 64.23K)

you do know this is them trying to cash-in on the mcu!venom fujos while having their cake and eating it too with canon venom, right

judging by how long Brevort has been in his position, Marvel editors can stay in their job as long as they want and no one can do anything about it.

So if he went back to normal what would his name be. Would he get to take back Scarlett Spider and Kaine just becomes Kaine again? Or does he get a new name.

Yes, and then he'll kill Aunt May or something.

Nah it doesn't look like it

>Ben will get back to normal, right? Right?
No

Attached: question_mark.png (96x95, 18.97K)

No. Miles is here to stay, racist.

Attached: 15866346.jpg (578x567, 109.41K)

Yeah maybe it's good that Kaine's in a limbo right now. They would probably try to kill him or have him go back to his 90s identity so they can remove the Scarlet Spider out of the picture. There's room for only Peter and Miles as the Spider-Men in the editors minds

Anyone can wear the mask except people who aren't in the diversity quota bubble.

And he was Batman less than a decade ago
And he was Batman during the Prodigal storyline
And he had a red costume for a while
etc.

>There's no such thing as permanent changes in comic books.

Attached: HT_iceman_gay_issue_02_jef_150421_16x9_992.jpg (992x558, 77.88K)

Kitty will be the next "Bisexual"
Screencap this

that already happened in 2020 user

Bisexual as in lesbian for the rest of her existence

This. It's an unpopular change that Ben's fans hate, but so long as the editor who forced it is still in the same job, it's unlikely to be reversed. You'll be able to tell how much anyone else at Marvel cares about Ben by how quickly it's fixed after there's a new Spider-Man editor.

I mean, Kaine goes by a different name, Scarlet Spider, and operates in a different city, in a different state.

There’s no need to shit on Kaine, like they did Ben here.

Miles was less popular than a fucking clone so Ben was thrown under the bus

that's pretty much the direction they're going for. You think the twitter loons will accept her ever looking at a man again?

Normal for Ben is dead. Should have never left that smokestack.

Ben used to do those things until they dragged him to New York and made him Spider-Man

Attached: fuck nick lowe.png (1269x614, 311.68K)

Who's the skirted one?

Kafka as her new X-men trademark infringement self.
To think, a lot of JMD's characters suffer lately
>Kafka
>Vermin
>Ben is an honorable JMD character
>Janine is probably next

what happened to Vermin? he was last seen in moon knight.

He may die, he may decime evil AND straight, he may become asexual.

who even cares at this point

Attached: affafacc-0b8f9c4a-36c7-438a-ac84-ff5dc5eb4c8d.jpg (994x1528, 282.58K)

why they don't just fucking kill miles who nobody gives a fuck about

I hope so user

He was nothing before

That doesn’t fix Ben (the one before this) or validate him. Lowe wasn’t exactly wrong about Reilly not fitting into canon

Turning gay is the only thing comicbook characters can't recover from.

Who's the faggot who wrote this?

He doesn't "fit" because they don't try to make him fit. They try to make him edgy, or evil, or something else that he's not.
With Ben you can do one of three things
1. Kill him off again, but in a satisfying way, still undesirable
2. Have him be part of Peter's life as a semi-reoccurring character considering he is Peter's brother. Basically treat him how Spencer's run treated Teresa
3. Ship him off to another city as Scarlet Spider and just let him have an ongoing or maybe a mini or two. Maybe even have him in a book with Kaine
Like I don't see how we can have Miles, Gwen, Anya, Julia, and Jessica, and somehow Ben is the straw that breaks the camels back and he just doesn't fit in.

Nick Lowe, the Spider-Man office editor for the past 8 or so years

Or maybe he just doesn’t fucking fit at all and you lot keep trying to justify a xeroxed Peter Parker with identity issues. When you say “ship him to ___” that’s not giving Ben a character, that’s asking for Peter in a different stomping ground

Well he's one hell of a retarded faggot.

>he just doesn’t fucking fit at all
What does that even mean though? Your post makes it sound like "fit in" = "I like him" which makes you just as retarded as Lowe. Ben fits in more that any of the characters I mentioned because he is a well established member of the Spider-Man mythos, liked by fans and writers alike, has good stories under his belt, and still has potential for more stories and dynamics with other characters.