Why do we hate Bendis again? I'd take him on ASM then the nothing run it feels like we're going to get with Wells

Why do we hate Bendis again? I'd take him on ASM then the nothing run it feels like we're going to get with Wells.

Attached: ynvfbszfz9r81.jpg (1080x1178, 192.08K)

I said this in a previous thread and people shat on me but its true Bendis would be an improvement

An improvement?

Bendis, the writer?

The problem is that Bendis has shown no growth or development, so he gets called a “hack”.

I mean, is he a “hack”? I don’t know, he does have a very distinct style (that has proven to be popular), but it does feel a bit stagnant because ALL characters sound like that.

I think my criticism of him is just that he uses that fast-paced, quick-witted kind of dialogue to make jokes and be accessible to readers instead of focusing on characterization. It works for more lighthearted stories, but when every character sounds the same the dramatic tension gets lost a little bit.

I think low-key the board agrees that Bendis was, at a time, the leading comic book writer and definitely made an impact in the industry — he just never seemed to be able to grow or evolve, and so now he’s seen as past his prime.

Yea, Bendis

Bendis's self-insert, Kong is really "I can't breathe"ing that guy.

A comic writer? People do that?

At this point nothing can save ASM.Editorial is far too involved and wont let the writers do anything. Wells wrote a good Hellions series because no one cared about the book and he was allowed to do whatever.

Spiderman has been heavily influenced by editorial since forever. Clone Saga, JMS, Brand New Day, Slott-s run. The last good ASM story was Superiro because the writer was allowed to do his own stuff. If you want good Spider/Man you--l have to read the secondary titles like Life Story

>Why do we hate Bendis again?
Because he is very willing to ignore what the other writers are writing, even within the same event.
Not wanting to be held back by established continuity is one thing, and both Marvel and DC are well acquainted with retcons. But he does it with such casual indifference that it's just rude to both his fellow writers and to his readers. If he wants to shape everything to his own liking, then he should go off and just write his own original works.

Attached: All-NewX-Men40 - iceman is now gay.jpg (1200x1822, 278.52K)

8 Panels on the page. Only 4 of them are different.

Bendis tried to kill Nick Lowe?

Bendis is a bottom-of-the-barrel writer, as bad as it should get before questioning the readership that's still buying this drivel, but there are still somehow worse writers.
Sad, isn't it?

Who said we hate bendis ?

I swear, no one actually wants to read Spider-Man, no matter who's writing the Spider-fags complain.

why does Bendis dress like a Yea Forums user?

>nick lowe's story was the one where peter and wolverine switched bodies

Attached: mutie scum.jpg (1332x2047, 765.92K)

That was a good story.

>blames the assistant for a shitty story
Nuh-uh motherfucker that's not how leadership works.

oh you know why you are a hashtag cash at you prancing lalala homo

Peter's reaction here was perfect. I will wait when someone says something like this to the mainline X-Men.

Because they keep putting fill-in writers on the book who don't have any ideas beyond what editorial tells them to do.

No growth or development, but actual decline. Dark Reign is the absolute last thing he was involved with that had any sort of quality, everything afterwards was complete drek. His X-men run is up there with Austin and Fraction for me as one of the worst runs of all time.

You did.

>I'd take him on ASM then the nothing run it feels like we're going to get with Wells.
ok this is based

No I didn't

Oh, boy--here comes le ebin
>Bendis was ACHSHULLY a great writer this entire time!
revisionism.

Attached: 1579916220638.jpg (400x236, 22.17K)

Bendis is the Star Wars Prequels. They're not exactly *good* but compared with what followed them...

Bendis was (keyword was) fine in his own sandpit away from everyone like he was with USM. Put into any sort of proper continuity with an actual history like pretty much everything he's ever done and the man is a nightmare.

He did write some good stuff though

we don't

People forget, or weren't around for it, but those summer events dominated the board.

Does Avengers even get storytimed these days? I don't see it.

Hate him? user I love Bendis

ok kitty

Attached: Ultimate_Spider-Man_112-017.jpg (3840x2968, 1.83M)

Attached: XvV2u8DqEdiAsyQVeevALWEWNayxeN-RmL6xhxCyZAs.jpg (640x509, 95.45K)

cringe

Let the little jewess have her delusions. We all know that Bendis wants Luke Cage's BBC with the thirst of a hundred mudsharks.

I love Bendis

Bendis le basist

Attached: spider-man-trains-hope-summers-1.jpg (1358x1970, 731.11K)

Attached: spider-man-trains-hope-summers-2.jpg (1322x1974, 746.43K)

Attached: spider-man-trains-hope-summers-3.jpg (1412x2048, 690.54K)

Attached: spider-man-trains-hope-summers-4.jpg (1420x1976, 544.61K)

Huh, I thought the last panel would have been "yep, definitely self-loathing." Kinda lame since that speech was so uninspiring.

I genuinely liked his 2005 new avengers run

But Peter you actually are a teacher, or were at least

Bendis is a good writer. He has made some amazing things.

But Bendis MUST be kept on a leash. He can't be given complete control. He will have plots that go nowhere, he will have horrible pacing.

Wo wrote the story where Kitty got shit on constantly. Peter cheating on her, dumping her, not standing up for her when getting mutant harassed?

Attached: Untitled.jpg (1417x973, 575.83K)

He's basically the comic equivalent of Moffat from what I've seen. Can do (or could do) great one off stories but shits the bed when he has complete control.

I thought that was nice. Well except the lines in the last panel which kind of ruined it.

Who said we hate him?

You did.

No, Bendis is more like Star Trek 2009 and Into Darkness combined
And other worse writers that came after would basically be like Alex Kurtzman-era Trek

I did?

Wells is good, i've honestly wanted him to be main writer since the 2000s, i'm just still bummed out by the whole chasm shit , it felt so tacked on at the last minute

Attached: 0132476.jpg (1900x1600, 786.58K)

Bendis. The one that writes

Yea they'll just want to REEEEEEE no matter what. Pay them no mind

Was batman universe really the only good thing he wrote at dc?

Bendis doesn’t do “continuity”. Also Peter revealed his identity right after that, putting his students in the line of fire before wiping his identity, so it probably wasn’t a highlight of his life.

New Avengers ?

>hahah bruh, what if...
>listen, bruh
>what if...
>are you listening?
>Listen
>What if somebody made a comic
>bruh
>a comic where Peter and Logan...
>get ready for it
>Teen Peter and Logan exchange bodies!?
>Hahahahah, amirite?
>And...and...
>And then Logan tries to get freaky with Teen MJ??
>Bruh!

Write comics? People do that.