SUPERMAN: SPACE AGE

>Meet Clark Kent, a young reporter who just learned that the world will soon come to an end (Crisis on Infinite Earths) and there is nothing he can do to save it. Sounds like a job for his alter ego...Superman! Superman: Space Age from critically acclaimed writer Mark Russell (One-Star Squadron and The Flintstones) and Eisner-winner artist Mike Allred (Silver Surfer and Bowie: Stardust, Rayguns & Moonage Daydreams) will be available in comic shops on July 26, 2022.

>"This is a dream project for me,” said Mark Russell. “Not only because I get to work with a genius like Mike Allred, but because I've always found Superman such a philosophically fascinating character, one which forces us to ask how different would the world be if we chose to be our best selves?"

>After years of standing idle, the young man from Krypton defies the wishes of his fathers to come out to the world as the first superhero of the Space Age. As each decade passes and each new danger emerges, he wonders if this is the one that will kill him and everyone he loves. Superman realizes that even good intentions are not without their backlash as the world around him transforms into a place as determined to destroy itself as he is to save it.

>"SUPER pumped to finally reveal what we've been working on in secret for so long,” said Mike Allred. “Easily my biggest project for DC yet. Working with Mark Russel and his brilliant script has been a blast! Packed with head-spinning iconography, top tier characters, twists, thrills, and chills, resulting in a powerful instant classic epic! It's been simultaneously intimidating and inspiring to meet the challenge of illustrating this phenomenal project!

Attached: SUPERMAN%20Space%20Age%20Main%20Cover_624647468a5aa0.78371003.jpg (394x600, 135.52K)

Other urls found in this thread:

dccomics.com/blog/2022/04/04/a-superman-classic-in-the-making
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Uniting the critically acclaimed writer Mark Russell and Eisner-winner Mike Allred for the first time, this series promises fans an unforgettable journey through U.S. history and culture starring our beloved characters.

>The first of three issues will be available at local comic book stores on July 26, with a new issue coming out every two months. SUPERMAN: SPACE AGE #1 features a main cover by Mike Allred, open to order variant cover by Steve Rude, a 1:25 variant cover by Nick Derington and a 1:50 variant cover by Mike Allred.

>dccomics.com/blog/2022/04/04/a-superman-classic-in-the-making

Attached: SUPERMAN%20Space%20Age%201in50%20Variant_62464767b5f403.73458200.jpg (396x600, 116.31K)

Being an Allred fan is suffering.

Attached: SUPERMAN Space Age _1_624647b593f4c8.26799947.jpg (395x600, 180.09K)

Attached: SUPERMAN Space Age _2_624647bb155c49.84821473.jpg (395x600, 121.46K)

Attached: SUPERMAN Space Age _3_624647c08d3fa4.37997935.jpg (395x600, 134.36K)

Attached: SUPERMAN Space Age _4_624647c7a0e8d6.81153652.jpg (395x600, 153.31K)

Attached: SUPERMAN Space Age _5_624647cdc7dfd5.03635245.jpg (395x600, 109.37K)

so is X-cellent Cancelled then? Allred has never been a fast Artist so him working on an ongoing and a prestige mini at the same time seems unlikely.

X-Cellent is a miniseries

To be fair, X-Cellent was finished a long time ago, and was just waiting to be released. But it's probably a stealth-mini anyway

sound cools, thanks for posting comicbooks news, user.

were does it say it's a Mini? all the solicits imply it's a ongoing but then again you could say the same for several x-office ongoings are just stealth mini's disguised as an ongoing

>Mark Russell
it's shit

I see even a prestige mini about Superman still has to have Batman in it these days
this along with Dark Crysis we seem to be having a Pariah Renaissance

Life Story was the worst Fantastic Four story I've read since Morrison's retarded shit

How so ?

lol ngmi

How so? The majority of Russell’s work has been fantastic

Fantastic Four Life story was not good if we are being honest, and since this has a very life story esque premise it is easy to understand people's trepidation in regard to Russell doing this kind of story again.

This artist won an award? It looks mediocre desu

I get that part but that’s just one book over a decent bibliography of Quality work, it’s not like saying Bendis or King is writing it where their body of work is more shit than good

This.

>shill sent here to police the shill thread

Russell is the typical Portlander, I expect no less than Superman being cucked by Lex Luthor fucking Lois after she treats him poorly for daring save the world. Everyone will be out of character and no that isn’t excused by being a non-canon book.

This. There wasn’t a single character not assassinated in his demented little FF universe. Which sucks because since it’s branded life story normies will legit think it’s some sort of viable alternative to reading actual FF runs.

I thought Imperious Lex was not half bad, and the Porky Pig/Lex Luthor One-Shot as well.

But One-Star Squadron and Wonder Twins had so much hand wringing in it it's hard to recommend it even if I did find myself enjoying it.

yeah Fantastic Four Life Story was just outright bad. Screwing up Ben's dynamic with everybody from the get-go? Terrible

Let alone leaning fully into what was always just a shitty meme joke about sue leaving reed for namor, let alone with zero reasoning, and how he destroyed reed by the end. It’s honestly such a fuck you to anyone who’s ever been a fan of FF comics.

I think you are confusing Russell with King cause generally Russell doesn’t write about women cycling male characters. Usually the relationships he are loving and fairly strong couples

>teehee h-h-he’s not King or B-Bendis!

Kys shill everything I said Russell has done in his own comics. he’s a contrarian, overly liberal cock sucker who writes things based on spiteful jokes and a cynical worldview.

>It’s honestly such a fuck you to anyone who’s ever been a fan
pretty much sums up all of russels work. he is just another shitty writer who only does deconstructions, but because they are jokey people give him a pass.

>Usually the relationships he are loving and fairly strong couples
This isn’t true at all. specifically when it comes to straight white relationships.

Can you provide some evidence to him writing characters getting cucked cause genuinely of the books I’ve read of his he’s never done that

Jesus cucks the Superman-analogue in his shitty creator owned NotSuperman book.

Barney is cucked into raising a child he didn't sire by retconning Bambam to be adopted.

Attached: file.png (780x1200, 1.5M)

just two posts above I mentioned it happening in his FF. If you’re going to be a pedantic little cock sucker about reed not watching them fuck you can jump off a tall building.

Almost everything he did in Flintstones was fucking cynical and hideous. Taking something lighthearted and heteronormative and turning it into a deranged discussion about shit like patriarchal arranged marriages and atheism.

Can’t imagine why anybody who doesn’t completely hate Superman would be looking forward to this.

What are you talking about? Jesus didn’t cuck that guy he helped the guy work through his issues and the Superman and Lois analog had a stronger relationship and Bambam has always been adopted also Barney and his military unit literally slaughtered Bambara family

chill faggot I was just clowning you.

Very excited for this. Sad Russell has reached the level of fame to have annoying shitposters in threads

IP didn’t move after that last post… almost like the shill hasn’t been here long enough to understand how the site works.

>implying it's not a schizo just posting by himself the entire time

There's a minute difference between your post and the last post. Interesting.

I honestly got the opposite while the world is cynical there is definitely hopefulness in there

Terrible thread, but the book looks great. It'll be one of my rare big 2 purchases along w/ Hulk Grand Design and Catwoman Lonely City.

IP didn’t move again. Stop samefagging

What a weird way to spend your time. Have fun.

How is Lonely City? Like I heard it had both Ma Hunkel and Ted Grant in it are they in it a lot?

>How is Lonely City?
carried by the art. the story is meh.

I quite like this artstyle. Reminds me of Roy Lichenstein.

It's great from top to bottom, Ma Hunkel is the bar owner where an adorable middle aged guido or russian looking Croc and other has-been villains hang out. I dont recall Ted yet.

Has any crisis or post crisis event ever acknowledge the hollow win of destroying a universe just to be"reincarnated" into a new where you are quite different with different history and personality. It's not a 1 to 1 copy just similar not to mention that who knows how many civilians are completely, in a sense only the superheroes are saving themselves because whatever happens in the crisis event is such that they're the ones to be reborn more similar to their previous selfs.

>After years of standing idle, the young man from Krypton defies the wishes of his fathers to come out to the world as the first superhero of the Space Age.
>defies the wishes of his fathers to come out to the world

I'm not enjoying the wording of this line, and I don't particularly trust Russell not to handle this in the most literal of ways.

It’s referring to both Jor-el and Johnathan Kent

Not gonna lie but this sounds boring, like this is an idea I've seen before.

Obviously, but you can't deny the subtext of that wording, intentional or not.

it's the fucking Flintstones

I like Mike's Superman so I'll check it out. Hopefully its not full cringe by Mark

>an unforgettable journey through U.S. history and culture
>Mark Russel
I generally like the guy's works, but I don't trust this part.

Yeah that's the thing, a straightup superhuman is gonna change the entire paradigm more then just Superman smokes some grass and protest against Vietnam.

Did you ever watch the cartoon? It could get pretty cynical

>Barney is cucked into raising a child he didn't sire by retconning Bambam to be adopted
Adopting an orphan doesn't make you a cuck, schizo.

>I expect no less

>>BLAH BLAH BLAH
>>>BUZZWORD BUZZWORD BUZZWORD
>>>>ANGRY INCEL VIRGIN IS ANGRY
>>>>>>ANGSTY INCEL VIRGIN IS ANGTSY

You forgot to drop "WOKE" and "ywnbw," son, you're letting your side down.

if he means in the Russell Crowe/Jonathan Kent fashion about revealing himself to a world, it's not where you think it's going with (especially if this is a book with little involvement of other heroes as with the original COIE) - plus which the writers don't write those solicit blurbs and I doubt Russell has enough pull (Allred maybe, but not Russell) to have approval over those. It's probably some intern given how decimated the business end of DC has been since the AT&T merger.

What One-Dtar Squadron and Wonder Twons taught me is that Russel wasn't putting too much thought in how the world would work.