At what point RWBY became shit?

At what point RWBY became shit?

Attached: Screen-Shot-2020-02-10-at-2.53.58-PM.png (1679x938, 2.3M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=egeYSP-FAxw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Season 1 Episode 1.

It literally started as shit, the only contention is if it ever stopped being shit, and if so for how long.

I like the animation, the characters are sexy. Still shit

season 3. They honestly should've just rebooted the series after Monty Oum's passing.

fpbp

Season 3 was the only good one. Everything after it has been an embarrassment to Monty, who was already a pretty embarrassing person.

Season 5

Since the writers penned the first episode. I don't know why rooster teeth thought they could write.

Looks like shit, so it probably started as shit. Those characters look fucking hot though not gonna lie.

Anytime it wasn't trying to just be some guys cool anime girls with video game style powers. Monty clearly just wanted to make some cool spectacle fights and everyone else had to give it a story

As soon as they moved on from "cute girls in anime warrior high school"

FPBP

2nd half of v6

The moment Monty said he wanted to make his own cartoon.

I really got to learn how to animate like oum, like he was just one fucking dude how hard can it be?

Attached: daa63c245c3e219734bde7a9cc618467d58c9a2b_hq (1).gif (413x232, 875.81K)

Pretty much.
S3 wasn't as bad as others but still was pretty bad.
S1-S2 were just garbage. RWBY never should have stopped being MVs with music playing over girls fighting, because writing for that show was complete dogshit.

>At what point RWBY became shit?
when they tried to match the RvsB fights and failed.
youtube.com/watch?v=egeYSP-FAxw

Attached: maxresdefault (6).jpg (1280x720, 139.93K)

ITT: pleb opinions by people who haven't watched the show in decades

RWBY is barely 8 years old

Gavin is the onnly good part of RT

18*

you are confusing the age of rwby with the age of RvsB.

>RWBY never should have stopped being MVs with music playing over girls fighting
this

I just went to this board and a fucking lightbulb switched on in my head about the new anime. I realized where I've seen this before.
>two prominent members of hero team (Captain America and Iron Man) were good friends for years
>new writer comes in
>"hey one of these two could be made into a cynical utilitarian asshole for forced drama points don't you think?"
>editorial: "yeah this is a great idea"
>Civil War comes out
>Iron Man becomes a cynical utilitarian asshole for forced drama points
>all of the character's previous characterization and history with his best friend is essentially erased and they become ideological enemies begrudgingly working with each other at best
>this becomes the character's new primary characterization, especially in the eyes of casuals who didn't read comics before Civil War
>character who was once a selfless hero becomes known as an anti-hero at best

Now replace Cap and IM with Ruby and Weiss in the new anime. I've already seen this fucking shit happen before!!!

faggots still crying about this show?

season 1 the boring guy arc. it is an action show forget the plot and just give us cool battles.

this retarded ass narrative people are trying to push is funny as fuck when the older volumes where coming out you fucks could not stop talking shit about them but now you need some retarded ass talking point you will say some bullshit about the older ones being good and the new bad
i know volume 5 is not that good but everything after is fine the only ones i see heating it are adam faggots mad thinking he was going to be some grey character that would get redeemed and join the main cast now they are fuckboys mad at yang for taking blake and ironwood faggots mad he didn't somehow take over everything and have the main cast do everything he wanted and other retards mad there headcanon didnt come true

8 years is a lifetime when most shows barely last two seasons

>this retarded ass narrative people are trying to push is funny as fuck when the older volumes where coming out you fucks could not stop talking shit about them
That's because they were shit.

>some bullshit about the older ones being good and the new bad
They weren't good but there was interest in where series could go while Mounty was involved. Modern ones are so boring, they're practically unwatchable.

For me, the end of season one hen I relied that I had watched all that and it felt like it was just 2 or 3 episodes.

The harder challenge is pinning down the moment RVB stopped being worth watching.

get your retarded ass out of here you have fools in this thread trying to say the firat 3 where the best thing ever when those safe idiots where heating on it
>i will keep bring up Mounty when it makes be look like a idiot

the show has been on for 10 years

Don’t care, I like the world

The very first frame of the show.

>i know volume 5 is not that good but everything after is fine

Attached: 1542809240599.gif (300x234, 447.81K)

When Jaune got more dialogue in S1 than Ruby

It was shit from the conceptual stage. It's pretty obvious what Monty Oum wanted RWBY to be is alot different from what RoosterTeeth wanted RWBY to be.

I mean season 1 was pure Monty and look at what it was. It was anime cliches out of the wazoo and had great fights. The entire plot existed so Monty could get to his fights he wanted to animate.

Compare this to the later seasons where the plot has taken full centre stage and the fights have suffered for it. But because the current plot is based off Monty's dumb excuse plot he probably dreamed up in 5 minutes, it means that it's very much a clusterfuck of ideas and concepts.

I mean remember Monty basically designed the world of Remnant by squirting some sauce on a napkin. He didn't care about the story he just wanted epic fight scenes.

>It was shit from the conceptual stage. It's pretty obvious what Monty Oum wanted RWBY to be is alot different from what RoosterTeeth wanted RWBY to be.
faggots like you just pull shit out of your ass why do faggots keep bring up this dude liek they worked with him

>He didn't care about the story he just wanted epic fight scenes
he had others working with him on the story you retarded goon and did you forget all the story shit in volume 1 get the fuck out of here

Attached: rwby.webm (1004x720, 2.52M)

First episode. Her voice was TERRIBLE! Should've gotten an actor of same age

Completely agree with this, and I actually liked his internet shorts. He's just too much of a weeb to ever write anything.

He also basically didnt sleep, eat, or like try to take care of himself.

So he's just the average Japanese person?

I know the exact moment it became shit.
It's that one episode where it opens up with a montage and the narrator talking about dust and then the guy with the gun-cane shows up to fight one of the girls.

For me it slowly goes down after V3. They started to include more talk no jutsu and muh emotional moments via talks, instead of fights.
The fights also got pretty lame too and instead of choreography we get "person X punches Y, Y falls, then repeat the other way around".
Dunno why, but I have also a feeling that writers started to force Yang and Blake into "being relevant". Because of this Yang became angry bitch to everyone including her sister (even worse than Raven) and Blake is just "cute and kind kitty" now. Other characters are just downgraded to plot device so that Yang and Blake wouldn't look like the only retards here.

Attached: 1573110534307.jpg (946x844, 57.71K)

I definitely want to say I realized it was going downhill in the middle of volume 4 but after the most recent volumes I can just straight up say it's fucking bad.

Like I know Volumes 1-3 are kinda fucking jokes as well, with every anime cliche out there but at least most people stuck around because they liked the fight scenes, music characters and maybe the occasional interesting bit of lore even if Monty did make it up on the spot.

Most recent volumes don't have any of that shit, it can't be entertaining because it's actually doing something entertaining or because it's so bad it's kinda funny, it's just shit now. Characters have changed way too fucking much, fights suck now, I genuinely cannot remember a single fucking song compared to something from the earlier seasons and any bit of story/lore shit is overexplained, not shown enough of or makes no fucking sense.

I have hope in the anime coming out soon because I'm interested in seeing SHAFT/Gen's take on what early RWBY is because it will probably be way more interesting and more than whatever the fuck is going on over at RT.

Attached: 1643110639552.png (639x137, 92.1K)

FPBP
RWBY is already bad and keeps getting shittier

Attached: 1447770095767.gif (300x177, 2.68M)

>SHAFT
Out of all the studios warner bros could've picked for this project, they went with the most washed up one?

Making adam into some obsessed creepy stalker instead of guy wanting revenge.
Lesbians ruin everything.

tumblr fatties would've burned RT to the ground if they hadn't done that

They'd have deserved it for not making Ruby and Weiss fuck.

Wasn't there also something about Miles going through a breakup which caused him to write Adam into a abusive stalker ex-boyfriend?

Wasn't it a bunch of edited MMD models

I can’t help but like it

It improved from utter garbage to just bad after monty died

adam faggots are retarded

Settle down, Miles.

Attached: 1578620775763.gif (320x232, 1.43M)

Miles and Kerry were the wrong choices for head writers, they let their personal hang-ups leak into the writing.

I think for the most part they just wanted to write Adam out of the show because most fans didn't like him and they had already completely botched the racism subplot at that point and wanted to sweep that shit under the rug.
So ditch the entire extremist freedom fighter angle and make him a jealous ex and kill him off.

>Roosterteeth were the wrong choices for the series
ftfy if monty was actually smart with utilizing his talent, he should've joined a bigger known studio, work his way to the top and then have far more experienced and competent people working on his dream project.

TBF the show wasn't on a good start when Monty selected anime for Miles and Kerry to watch as "homework."

Once Monty died though, you can definitely feel the show lose its soul. Volume 8 was such a disaster it's astonishing.

What went wrong, for someone who dropped out in season 2?

RWBY Yellow trailer
I would say black trailer but it could have come back from that still.

>Compare this to the later seasons where the plot has taken full centre stage and the fights have suffered for it. But because the current plot is based off Monty's dumb excuse plot he probably dreamed up in 5 minutes, it means that it's very much a clusterfuck of ideas and concepts.
this
dilate

>b-b-b-b-b-dilate
fuck off bitch fuck off and get a better argument you faggots keep trying to bring Monty like you know everything he wanted you dont and you keep trying top make it seem like the show failed or some shit just because you faggots come here to bitch and those faggots on youtube and twitter crying about means shit when it keeps going when it keeps going

>t-t-t-t-the show failed guys ignore that the show is still going and successful
cope faggots

It was always shit, but it became a different form of shit from V3 onward

Season 3.

It was the last time we saw their iconic designs.

>muh volume 3
you faggots just say the same dumb shit over and over

In hindsight, maybe Monty should've pitched RWBY as an action adventure/hack 'n slash in the same vein as DMC. Literally nobody cares about anything else about it beside the over top action of cute girls killing giant monsters

>maybe Monty should've pitched RWBY as an action adventure/hack 'n slash in the same vein as DMC
thats what got it popular you retarded goon

It got bad around volume 4 but volume 6 is when it became unsalvageable. and then it got even worse in volume 8

Maybe stop asking the same fucking question over and over again and you won't hear the same answers over and over again

what the fuck did i ask you dumb bitch

mad your edge master got killed?

everything past the 4 trailers

volume 4
volumes after 4 are just boring as shit
on rewatch compared to 1-3
also dunno what it is but after volume 3 the dialogue became boring

Attached: hunter_suit_yang_xiao_long_by_mikkusushi_d95d94m-fullview.png (800x1253, 2.54M)

No luckily my favorite character died when the show was still good

I'm gonna guess you're not OP, but OP's question has been asked a million times. Then you bitch about people saying the same shit as always in response. What are you expecting?

Quick rundown on why there are people saying RWBY went to shit after Monty died? I stopped watching it around season 3, and all I know is that RT butchered a romance subplot between Yang and Blake and it has only gotten worse.

Attached: EE2B491E-6756-43E8-9CB9-476350A5D827.jpg (1024x771, 45.07K)

Honestly, the voice acting in the Black and Yellow trailers was a pretty clear warning sign

I've never understood it's niche. It's just faux-anime. And not in the sense that it happens to have an anime like aesthetic like Avatar or Teen Titans. It's literally just a bunch of garbled together anime trends slapped together without much planning. It doesn't have much identity of it's own.
Also pretty much every streaming service it's available on has actual anime.

immediately shot down

Monty was the creator but the actual writing was done by his friends. In the beginning the story was a thin excuse to string fight scenes together, but after Monty died the show veered off in a completely different direction. Now it was actually meant to be taken seriously, and in the process revealed that the writers are hopelessly incompetent at making a serious story.

Waifus. That's always been the core of the appeal.

wrong board buddy

bitch are you stupid?

Again though. That's not a rare commodity among it's alternatives.

so do faggots like this watch this show or just pull words out of there ass

Why should I assume YOU have seen the show?

RWBY is anime for people who hate anime. like, really fucking hate it in a way that borders on outright racism.

>Yea Forums
Nope.

I mean I hate anime.
But that's part of why I find little surface level appeal in RWBY.

>In the beginning the story was a thin excuse to string fight scenes together, but after Monty died the show veered off in a completely different direction
where are idiots getting this dumb shit from there where hints to the main story in episode 1 hell the firat person to talk is the main badguy what is this retarded ass narrative he didn't have ideas for the story come from

i am not falling for this dumb shit

Attached: 1628310181377.jpg (1500x1500, 300.93K)

>Weeb inspired show is for people who hate weebshit
okay buddy.

>there where hints to the main story in episode 1
That doesn't contradict the idea that story was just an excuse for fights at all. In fact it supports it.

the same shit every thread the same faggots crying about there adam ironwood ands ships that didntr happen and other retards crying about bullshit they dont know anything about and pulling random shit out there ass why are all rwby threads lie this

Damn, I did not think it would be that easy.

The Maya volumes might as well be a completely different show, in both story and characterization

are you dumb?

easy what to see your bad shitposting

Attached: E45-2NZXMAEKH7U.jpg (567x567, 39K)

Cry about it.

>easy what to see your bad shitposting
ESL?

Still not convinced you've seen the show by the way.

go get an argument you brain dead faggot

go make op more bullshit faggot

I would understand coming in to a thread with this mentality if it was a derailed thread, but it literally opens up shit-talking RWBY. Why come in?

>go make op more bullshit faggot
Not trying to troll you, I just genuinely have no idea what you're asking me to do here.

Attached: 1647748853128.jpg (1275x1090, 131.04K)

What does
>go make op more bullshit faggot
mean?

Shaft is taking one for the team.

go make up more bullshit

because he's obsessed. he literally has nothing in his life other than a D tier web show. he does the same thing on other websites too.

I think he's saying he thinks you're OP.

>D tier
That's being generous

if you hate this show so much why the fuck do you keep watching it

>i hate this show so let me keep watching it

Attached: 1636765481336.jpg (307x437, 39.2K)

faggot runs to Yea Forums Yea Forums and Yea Forums to cry and bitch about a show he dont like

i didnt work at RT or know him but Monty told me he didnt want any of this and did everything himself