I never see people talk about this show

I never see people talk about this show.
Was it any good?
I think it's the only animated Batman media I haven't seen yet.

Attached: b.jpg (1000x1426, 456.4K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8u1_Dqtc_bQ
youtube.com/watch?v=Gg5QBrwKF94
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It's very good, though it's not so much a Batman show as much as it's a general DC show.

It's a fun show that doesn't take itself seriously and genuinely has love for the properties it includes. It's not only a great Batman show, but it gives loves to more esoteric characters who never got a chance to shine in other places. It's really good, user, you should check it out.

It's good if you like dumb goofy Silver Age-esque comic shenanigans

Pretty good.

Not reading any Silver age, or comics in general. It's pretty entertaining. But if you do, oh boy so many references jam packed in it is outstanding. Even obscure shit as Bruce Wayne Jr. was in the show, also some interesting episodes such as Red Hood Joker.

It's a fantastic show. Showcasing the best bits of the DC universe with the time honored tradition of the superhero team up.

It’s easily my favorite Batman cartoon, it’s not for everyone though since it taps pretty heavily into that Silver Age absurdity but it’s hilarious to see it play out on screen. The show also has a pretty interesting team up gimmick where Batman is usually working with a hero each episode, they use Superman and Robin sparingly and opt for more obscure oddballs like Plastic Man and the New Blue Beetle. While it’s goofy for the most part they sprinkle in some serious and dramatic moments(Chill of the Night probably being the most acclaimed attempt at that). It’s worth a watch but keep in mind it’s far removed from any other Batman cartoon by the design

What’s everyone’s favorite episodes? Starting with an obvious choice

Attached: B6794C6C-CA7F-4894-8F61-8920CD31F488.jpg (1920x1080, 209.22K)

It is good.

Knights of Tomorrow, best alternate version of Damian Wayne.

Chill of the Night
Legends of the Dark Mite
Requiem for a Scarlet Speedster

This series is what got me into batman and capeshit in general along with 2008 iron man movie. I wish there were more superhero shows as fun as this was

Attached: F2822F80-FE1A-4882-A488-305E470A7751.jpg (353x360, 41.74K)

Hellboy Rule
If everyone likes it no one really talks about.

>You'll never relive the days when Mayhem of the Music Meister first aired

It's pretty good, what's weird is that it had a direct to dvd scooby doo crossover movie like 6 years afyer it ended.

Any of the JLA episodes.

This, I started watching it recently because of another Yea Forums thread. At first I was a little put off because it hasn't spent much time in Gotham so far but I do appreciate how it features a lot of lesser known characters. I'm really liking this version of Batman and the show is funny too.

Chill of the night
Joker the vile and the villainous
Clash of the metal men
Triumvirate of terror

It's more of a DC Universe series, but it does delve into Batman's universe often. And yeah, it's pretty good. A very accessible series. It got my little brother into Batman and superheroes in general.

Yeah, that was odd, but I appreciated the brief return. I think that only singles out Beware as the only Batman cartoon not to get its own movie.

Fucking zoomer die. Die die die.

Hey man i was 12 and wasnt really into comic characters before this, besides i hate what the MCU has become, honestly im much more of a dc guy myself

Attached: 2CA995CF-43FC-48B0-8792-52B51C17AA46.jpg (1169x896, 158.43K)

Never watched it because i always hated the design of batman

Don't respond to troll posts.

I am enjoying this show a lot. I tried to get into it a few years earlier but got filtered by the art style and unfamiliar characters. Now it's my second favorite Bat thing, first being BTAS.

you're missing out
the show is amazing

I will if WB ever releases complete series on bluray

The Last Patrol is underrated, imo

It's a great celebration/loving parody of Silver Age Batman and his surrounding characters. In the same tier as BTAS.

Why did they push Gorilla Grodd so much in this show?

Grew up watching this, I enjoyed it. Though it could be a little too meta at times.

>never see people talk
#casuals going to casual

The short two minutes adventures before the actual episode were fun as hell. Space Ghost being a special guest was sure a surprise.

This show? He was used in JLU alot as well.

I think their Harley wasn't very Harley-ish, let alone harlequin-like, leaned too far into the retro thing whereas the original design was timeless

She was in a single episode who gives a shit? Honestly a breath of fresh air washing show because she wasn't in it.

Giant gorillas and talking gorillas boost comic sales for some reason
They are also kinda cool

When it was airing, everyone loved it and did constant threads about it. The Music Meister episode was so popular, it got everyone singing. I miss old Yea Forums.

This show introduced me to c-list villains like calendar man and kite man, truly kino

>kite man
Jeffrey Combs makes everything better, which also calls to attention the excellent voice talent this show had.

It's a touching tribute to the DC silver age; and shows how endearing a light hearted Batman can be.
That final episode after you've been through the journey just tugs at my heart strings

It was the best.

Attached: Atom rage.webm (1280x720, 2.75M)

Attached: Batmanga.webm (1280x720, 909.59K)

Attached: Chemo.webm (1280x720, 2.99M)

Yea Forums shat all over it when it was still airing for not being like Batman TAS. When it was cancelled everyone said it was the best cartoon ever.

>Screen shake in a cartoon
I dunno why, but this instantly makes me hate this animation style.

Never liked it.
I'm not really a Batman fan to begin with, and the only time I like when his stories are goofy are when they have Adam West.

As a standalone show, its an action-filled charming show that stars Batman at his most competent in an absurdist Silver Age era that also gives the other heroes that show up their due whenever a team-up occurs. So it's pretty good.
As a show that's basically a celebration of Batman and DC in general? It's one of the best damn shows ever made. The entire show is practically a love letter handwritten by Bat-mite with how they're willing to plumb the depths of obscurity to write stories about the Freedom Fighters or the Batman of Zurr-En-Arrh. Hell, there's an entire episode featuring Superman that's essentially an homage to the famous "Superdickery" version of the big blue boyscout. Definitely watch it if you find a way to do it. Has one of the most fun interpretations of guys like Aquaman I know.

Attached: 2qu5q.jpg (624x352, 29.17K)

It's so good. It's seriously probably one of the most underrated pieces of media ever made. It is this absolute treasure that flew under every normie's radar and quietly died.

Chill of the Night is so serious and good it could have been a BTAS episode. It's almost tonally out of place for how fun BATB is, but they manage to make it work.

it's one of the best batman shows, definitely the most consistently good outside of DCAU.

>one of the most fun
>not the best ever
Ourtageous!

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 88.43K)

Also CW Flash.

>Top 10 anime freakouts

>doesn't know about the Music Meister threads
Wat to out yourself as a dumb fucking zoomer.

It's a giant love letter to the Silver Age, so how you feel about that era will color your perception about Brave and the Bold.
How has no one mentioned the Superdickery episode yet?

Thewatchcartoononline.tv

It truly was something special.

Attached: super dickery.webm (1280x720, 500.17K)

Attached: super dickery2.webm (1280x720, 2.67M)

Attached: super dickery3.webm (1280x720, 300.6K)

Aquaman and his family going on vacation

I'm glad this show doesn't have Harley and doesn't feature Arkham. It's one reason I love Beware the Batman too. They focus on Blackgate more.

Attached: super dickery4.webm (1280x720, 1.33M)

I lost it when he was explaining "cooties" to Aquaman.

It's kino
2nd best Batman cartoon after BTAS

He Monke

Attached: Reach.webm (1280x720, 2.88M)

Because gorilla grodd is cool and also to sell toys of him

That episode has one of the best gags in the series.
>Aquaman is bored of his vacation, calls Batman
>cut to Batman fighting goons, action music plays
>cut to Aquaman hearing the fight noises over the phone
>music can also be heard

Attached: Aquaman's Outrageous Adventure.jpg (1280x720, 293.63K)

Attached: Sad Aquaman.webm (1280x720, 623.18K)

It is very good and the people working on it had a clear love for the material. It's the only DC show I would have trusted to touch on The Endless.

Cry about it boomer faggotard, your people are being replace

Jesus christ, I never caught that, but I opened up the video and you're right. That's hilarious

It starts off like a Shida cut.

Everyone's got a favorite episode, but what about favorite opening segment? Personally, it's a toss-up between the Haunted Tank re-enacting Dukes of Hazzard, the Elongated/Plastic Men team-up, or GI Robot

The Enemy Ace one.

Attached: Enemy Ace.webm (1280x720, 2.89M)

youtube.com/watch?v=8u1_Dqtc_bQ

Goddamn, that was beautiful.

Remember what they took from you

Attached: 1498188932456.jpg (600x800, 101.17K)

Batman doesn't use a gun... but his plane fucking does!

youtube.com/watch?v=Gg5QBrwKF94

He's using Porco Rosso's rule. Just don't shoot the pilot.

Attached: Enemy Ace2.webm (1280x720, 2.94M)

That was on the cards at some point. I read somewhere they wanted to use Death in the series finale as the one to take Bat-Mite when he finally cancels the show and therefore that version of himself.

Attached: batb.jpg (577x767, 186.68K)

>I read somewhere they wanted to use Death in the series finale as the one to take Bat-Mite when he finally cancels the show and therefore that version of himself.
That wouldve been so kino. Id have loved to see bat mite getting infatuated with death and trying to hit on her

In hindsight having basically no Harley in this show was a good thing. Show ended before DC really started to push her as a major player.

This show had such an outstanding cast too, the best being Diedrich Bader.

Attached: 488CD3D7-9B65-40DD-972B-24B16D3CEFD0.jpg (1280x720, 121.32K)

>major player
How has pandering to DDLG/clown fetishists worked out for DC?

Deep Cover for Batman/Game Over for Owlman
Legends of the Dark Mite
Aquaman's Outrageous Adventure
The Plague of the Prototypes
Joker: The Vile and the Villainous
Night of the Batmen
Mitefall

Attached: 1362183105944.gif (290x317, 562.74K)

I know the show really exposed it's audience to the silver age and even made me a fan of comic characters that aren't in print anymore, but was there ever actually a cephalopod serving in the Kasier's army?

Really liked those two a lot. Also the first appearance of Bat-Hound, Joker traveling to the future, the Justice Leage/Legion of Doom baseball game, the Batmen of All Nations meeting, and of course Batman saving parallel Earth Abraham Lincoln. But I think my favorite has to be the Space Ghost crossover that's like a mini-episode in of itself that features the original actor reprising the character for the last time.

Attached: 1360809930648.jpg (500x313, 16.24K)

It's quite literally a fact that having gorilla's on the cover of your comic will boost sales compared to an average cover without a gorilla.

They did show Arkham in the crossover film with Scooby-Doo, along with their version of Harvey Bullock. Had a silly bit where Shaggy and Scoob tour the cafeteria with a criminal-themed buffet.

>JLI vs LOD Baseball Match
What I liked most is that, even if a situation like that, they didn't skip any opportunity to throw out references and acknowledgements. Stuff like
>c'mon guys, we gotta win this game to show kids like little Julie Schwartz and Franky Miller that good always beats evil

Dude, that WHOLE BIT was a reference - that was an actual issue of Strange Sport Stories with most of if not all the principle players involved.

Attached: RCO001_1488139537.jpg (1041x1600, 500.29K)

I believe this, but is there data?

grodd was really boring in this because he was so overused imo. the only way to fix that would be to have every single one of his plans include over the top batshit ridiculous sci-fi, like turning people into bananas

No, ya fink: that's exactly what I mean. Even when doing another bit lifted from the comics--and one whose concept is already tons of fun at that--they don't stop for a second with the references and find room to fit even more inside

Aah, no, of course.

i thought it was a good show. i like the jazzy soundtrack.

yea it was good

Have you seen both Filmation Batmans?

>Jonah Hex vs. Two Face
>Alan Scott
>DC Ditko homage
>2 part JLI/JSA
>adaption of Brave & The Bold 118

It's...not fair

Attached: sad-man.png (810x450, 202.33K)

Man which show did the Reach first? Brave and The Bold or Young Justice? I definitely remember Young Justice introducing me to them, but that said... If BaTB did their Reach story first... one would think that would've spoiled it for Young Justice (ever so slightly).

Yea Forums used to talk about it a lot, it's a ton of fun with tons of love for the real good obscure DC stuff.

BatB's Reach episode aired January 1st 2010. The Reach season in YJ didn't happen till 2012. It looks like the first episode to feature the Reach didn't air until Jan 2013.

Attached: GLs vs Reach.webm (1280x720, 2.95M)

Great show that Yea Forums loved. Platelet and the little girl who harassed Red Tornado were solid bits on the board. I appreciated any light shined towards the Question and Ted Kord too.

Attached: wcop.jpg (1597x663, 595.52K)

I can't believe I left out Booster Gold in my post. It seemed like DC was headed in the right direction by letting less popular characters get some attention back in the late 00s. Now it's back to moody Batman without friends.

The red tornado episodes and The Last patrol
Got me actually interested in the Doom patrol
The ending was beautiful

>It's almost tonally out of place for how fun BATB is, but they manage to make it work.

Of course it worked. With how amazingly flexible and accommodating it is, the number of stories you could make with the BATB universe is nearly limitless. They were even kicking around adapting "Coyote Gospel" at one point.

It makes me wish they tried to tackle big stories like "Knightfall" or "No Man's Land" with this interpretation of the caped crusader. I'm sure it would've been a wild ride.

Attached: Batsmile.png (322x312, 99.1K)

Ted went out like a true hero.

Attached: True Hero.jpg (1499x839, 431.37K)

Hell, pretty much everyone in Batman's supported cast took a while to show up. Alfred? S1e5, but he doesn't show up again until S2e11. Joker? S1e13. Dick Grayson? S1e18. Barbara Gordon? S2e16. Jim Gordon? S2e23, and he never got a voice actor. Hell, we didn't get Harvey Bullock until the Scooby-Doo crossover movie, and we NEVER got Leslie Thompkins or Lucius Fox.

I remember enjoying it when it was airing. Where can you watch this show now a days? Did it get a physical release?

>Superdickery.com hasn't updated since 2017

Attached: 1629069517602.gif (320x240, 2.64M)

>The High Cost of Living, but instead of The Eremite stealing her last two cents it's The Penny Plunderer

The fact that Red Tornado AND B'wana Beast both got killed halfway through season 2 was so weird to me - they still showed up in the opening sequence. Hell, I didn't realise Red Tornado HAD been killed off for real until I checked the fan wiki.

Don't taunt us with things we'll never have.