Weekly Yea Forums creation thread

Or /coc/ thread if that's what you look for in the catalog.

Wiki:
the-conservatory.fandom.com/wiki/The_Yea Forumsnservatory_Wiki

Past threads:
desuarchive.org/co/search/text/the-conservatory wiki/type/op/

Attached: 1648538814599.png (501x744, 111.68K)

Other urls found in this thread:

boards.plus4chan.org/coc/
youtube.com/watch?v=fwCEOMwu5aA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>How does this work?

>It works like a community toy chest. In the /coc/ threads you are free to post whatever ideas/settings/characters you want, but you have to be OK with other people playing with them (tweaking them, putting them in stories, using them for things, etc.)
>There's no guarantee that what you post will catch on either.

>If the OC you are posting is YOURS for something you are personally doing, then it would go to the "How is your webcomic?" threads.
>If you just want feedback on an OC of yours, then it would go in the "donut steel" threads or drawthreads.

If the thread dies suddenly or you still want to discuss something when there's no thread:
boards.plus4chan.org/coc/

Last time:

-Redesigning Bullion's costume
-Yea Forumsdie is still relevant and now in 3D
-Archives of /coc/ and board-tan content: 10,000+ images.
-Yea Forumsnrad and fa/tg/uy's hobby shop
-Decommissioned Apeman
-Roughs of JackHammer: The Corn Maze Monster comic being refined
-Progress continued on THEFAPV comic
-New pics
-Progress continued on the Highway Robbery comic
-Bullion script writing began
-Other stuff I didn't mention

Attached: 1648608255458.png (2500x2500, 3.27M)

And something else worth bringing up.
Next weekend I'm going to be traveling, so I likely won't be around to make the next thread. So if no one else is willing to make the thread, then I won't be able to do it until sometime late Monday next week.

Figured I'd mention that early.

Colored a bunch of Van drawings

Attached: Van Audrey Cooleyette Colors.png (1039x1562, 1.07M)

Attached: Van GG Logo Cooleyette Colors.png (1291x1500, 1.07M)

Dropped the rest in the /aco/ thread

Attached: Van GG Double Cooleyette Colors.png (2317x1499, 1.91M)

Ok so can someone explain what the board-tan drama was?

Love seeing the process like these. Hope to pull this sorta stuff off one day myself. Also nice design.

Nice coloring! Where'd you find these?

>find
I colored them

The shimmie (which is like a booru) where all the thousands of board-tan pics were hosted has been down for over six months.

I meant where the Van drawing come from before you colored them.

The Bullion design seems to be still a work in progress, but most of the feedback on the recent rework looks positive.

We might finally have a winner, but we'll see how things go this thread.

having trouble trying to figure out jack's hair

tried to do a character turn around even just for the head, the side view of A feels off. trying to capture what I did with D

Attached: Screenshot 2022-04-04 003712.jpg (722x790, 92.61K)

another attempt before i go to bed

Attached: Screenshot 2022-04-04 004926.jpg (638x362, 40.04K)

Looks a lot like Tom from Daria.

Weird pattern choices on these, but they look nice.

A good step to consistency

The sharper nose on D is good.

On A you might try pulling up where the part in the hair is combed to the side at. Like increase the angle.
Right now it looks like it's being pull straight across, when it would be pulled down and to the side.

So you're good at making hair huh?

Anyone else interested in Stella?

Attached: 1593341407911.png (1069x1405, 280.15K)

Hey it's Tom from Daria.

Attached: Gallery-1471290775-elle-daria-tom-sloane-mtv.jpg (360x450, 18.25K)

Yes, who is she?

She's a girl who's half alien with gold powers.

Jack's a blond though.

Going to work on this more this week so if anyone has any changes or suggestions I'll be checking to read them.

Last thread I began working on a script for Bullion #1: The Status Quo. I would've liked to have gotten more done with it by now, but life is really busy for me right now.

Page 4
Panel 1
Elsewhere...
The robot family from the TV show are still sitting around the table. They are inactive, there are cobwebs clinging to them, the polka-dot patterned table cloth is covered in dust and faded. A light is shining on them in the darkness from a cracked door as a voice calls out.

Off panel: "Mr. Barclay! I've found them!"
Off panel: "Excellent! Dust aside, they look like they're still in pristine condition."

Panel 2:
Close up of the robot dad's lifeless upper torso and head. There's no light in his eyes, his pipe has long since gone cold. A shadowy creature that looks like it is made of censor bars and TV static is faintly seen behind him, reaching towards the metal frame. It is inhuman looking; more like a spider or a lion fish.

Off panel, Mr. Barclay: "You know, I've always thought the 50s had a certain charm to them."
Off panel: "They 50s weren't that long ago though, Mr. Barclay."
Off panel, Mr. Barclay: "Please, you can just call me John. And true. But that's no reason to let the good times die."

Panel 3
The robot family's eyes light up, the entity is phasing through their metal carapace, reactivating them as they abruptly stand, casting off the dust and cobwebs. The robot mom has a hand to her mouth as if she's gasping. The robot dad's pipe has relight. The robot son is holding some rope.
Off panel: "What's happening?"
Off panel, John: "I... I didn't touch anything."
Robot mom: "Why, our set is filthy! And we're on at 5pm sharp!"
Robot son: "We'll have to wake up aunty Ro, Uncle Wane, and the pastor to help clean up."
Robot dad: "Well well, isn't that John! It is you, isn't it! Good ol' Quizmaster here to shake us out of our stupor."
Off panel, John: "... no. No! Not again!"

cont.

Attached: 1581881853600.png (1500x1500, 501.34K)

I still question the current pacing I have going, but this is as far as I've gotten.

Panel 4
The robot family is approaching the fourth wall, arms extended by the parents and rope at the ready by the child. The shadows of two men from the door way are being case upon them, both with their hands up in horror.
Robot dad: "Now, now. Don't fret John. I know there's a lot of work to do in a short while, but we'll get it done. Together."

Page 5
Panel 1
The robot mom is busy in the background cleaning the set with a feather duster while the robot dad is in the foreground cracking open a newspaper.
Robot dad: "Ah, time to get back to our routine."

Panel 2
The robot dad is holding the newspaper far away from his body in shock. Robot mom and robot son are standing behind him looking concerned.
Robot dad: "What?! Who!? When?! Why?! Has the world gone mad?!"
Robot mom: "Honey, what's wrong?"

Panel 3
The newspaper has an article with a picture of Bullion handing off some cuffed crooks to the cops.
"The Becoming Bullion foils robbery! Silver Queen's long time sidekick has struck out on her own..."

Panel 4
The robot dad is leaned back in his chair, the robot mom has a hand on his face and chest in a half-hug.
Robot mom: "How could Silver Queen leave Golden Girl on her own? Shes just a little girl."
Robot dad: "We have to get our show back on the air, the people need moral guidance."

Panel 5
The robot son is in the foreground with three more robots behind him. One with a long face, one clearly holding a long rifle dressed as a desperado, and the last a glamorous looking movie starlet. Behind them is the broadcasting booth/room.
Robot son: "Don't worry dad, we're working on it."

I'm liking it so far. Don't fret too much about the pacing. Wait until you've finished the first draft; it'll be easier to see where things need patching when the picture's complete.

Fast day.

Yeah, I'm just trying to find the right tempo for this era is all.

It's going to be a busy month for me.

I just wanna work on my drawing skills but the thread is too slow for anyone to help...

I'm trying to keep an eye on it. It's going to be a while though until I'll be writing more of the Bullion script I'm working on though.

New Thread. New Page.

Attached: HRpg10.jpg (1836x2376, 823.93K)

The page where she starts using her brain.

Page 6
Panel 1
A group of people is standing outside of a TV store looking at the broadcast. Bullion has stopped her motorcycle on the side of the street to see what they're looking at.
Crowd: "Shouldn't the game be on at this hour?"
Crowd: "Even the news is being preempted."
Bullion (thinking): "Never hurts to check."

Panel 2
The robot dad is on the TV with his son on his knee. The TV makes up the boarders of the panel.
Robot dad: "Sure thing son, just don't tell your mother."

Panel 3
Robot mom has come on panel, the son and ad look shocked.
Robot mom: "Don't tell me what?"
Robot dad: "back to you in the studio, John!"
Cue laugh track.

Panel 4
A man in the control room is holding up a sign in front of himself with the word "HELP!" scrawled across it. The tip of a gun is seen pointing up behind it, like there's an armed guard at the door and he's trapped in there to work the controls.
Cue laugh track again.

Panel 5
Zoom out so the crowds around the TVs are visible again. On the TV is the starlet robot. Bullion has her helmet back on and is getting ready to speed off.
Aunty Ro(-bot): "Oh John, you're such a kidder. The Quizmaster doesn't get a help call!"
Crowd: "Never seen this episode before. Old archives?"
Crowd: "They're bringing back the Status Quo?"
Bullion (thinking): "That's no certified cablecast! There's trouble at the TV station!"

I was thinking of having her take her jacket off for the last panel here and the rest of the comic.

Just because?

so, spike woman and swirly mask man are a couple right? swirly mask's power is that he dodges everything, so my question is, can he dodge spike woman's sudden spiked pussy if he's already inside her?

yeah just because

Mother and son, dude.

That was how the kid was conceived.
His dad could dodge everything the mom could do to him, he even dodged raising the kid.

Alright.

That doesn't answer the question

The story is looking pretty good.

How did she unload them so fast? She Did she just grabbed them all and threw him out or something?

Yeah, she just chucked them all out. She can't hit the kid because he dodges, but if the kid can't load the car then he loses too. And if she's in the car then he can't load the car and he'd have to go to her instead of her chasing him.

You get it?

I'm glad someone likes it so far. It's fitting that this is the story I've decided to work on since the status quo of my own life changed horrifically in the past week and a half.

Page 7
Panel 1
John is hunched over the control panel pushing buttons, he's sweating, this is the first time we've seen his face. He has some wrinkles, but still reasonably young. Some of his hair is missing where a burn scar covers part of his forehead. In the background there's a cracked window with a grappling hook in mid air outside of it that's just been thrown.
John: "Come on, come on. Think, one of these has got to turn them off. I don't have much time."

Panel 2
The window is swung open and Bullion is crouched down in it to fit through, rolled up grappling hook in hand. She's stepping through. John looks startled.
Bullion: "You!"

Panel 3
John has his hands up, Bullion has the rope from her grappling hook taught between her hands and is pointing up at his chin. He's still taller than her. It should be a long shot of them both from the lower legs up.
John: "I swear this wasn't me! I'm trying to turn them off!"
Bullion: "Them?"

Panel 4
The door to the room has swung open, the robot family stands in the frame. The dad towers behind all of them, the mom is in the forefront, she has her hands clasped together next to the side of her head.
Robot mom: "Oh my! Why if it isn't Golden Girl! What on Earth are you wearing, dear?"

Panel 5
Uncle Wayne has leveled his gun and taken aim.
Uncle Wayne: "Quizmaster, you should be working. Just leave her to us!"

I was thinking about how I could show some passage of time.

Maybe adding an extra panel of GGu and PP fighting in the distance.

Attached: HRpg10a.jpg (1980x1323, 519.24K)

Yeah I get it, she was in the car while he was loading and that's how she was able to catch the bags and throw them out of the car and he looked back and that's how he noticed.

That'd be cool of you if you wanted to. I got no problem with it as long as it doesn't drain your energy.

youtube.com/watch?v=fwCEOMwu5aA

You know, he turns around to go back to the truck he's unloading the stuff from and when he gets back with the next bag is when the rest have already been tossed out.

The idea is already there showing he went back to the truck and that should take at least a little time to do. It's just emphasis I suppose.

Page 8
Panel 1
The grappling hook soars through the air.

Panel 2
The grappling hook has twirled around Uncle Wayne's rifle and gone taught

Panel 3
Bullion has leapt to one side, making the rope go taught and causing the robot to miss his shot as the gun fires.

Panel 4
The big window separating the control booth from the rest of the studio set is blown out.

Panel 5
The scene is from the set looking into the room through the blown out window which Bullion is leaping through.

Page 9
Panel 1
Bullion dodges a downward swing from Aunty Ro

Panel 2
Bullion spins to be back-to-back with Aunty Ro as the robot mom lunges in with a punch. The idea is she's redirecting the momentum so Aunty Ro takes the hit for her.

Panel 3
The robot son pulls a line tight, there's a gleam reflecting off of his glasses.

Panel 4
Bullion's foot snags the line.

Panel 5
Bullion does a hand stand to save herself from falling and kicks the robot mom in the chin as she does so.

Page 10
Panel 1
Bullion lands, she's low to the ground.

Panel 2
The robot dad's giant hand smashes down where she was.

Panel 3
The robot dad looks at his hand and finds he's caught nothing with Bullion clinging to the other side of his massive metal arm.

Panel 4
Bullion is running up the robot dad's arm.

Panel 5
Close up of Bullion's hand grabbing the robot dad's lit pipe.

So what I'm going for is Bullion's fighting style is more about redirecting momentum and making use of higher mobility. Think Shaak-Ti from the first Clone Wars cartoon. I'm not sure I've been able to convey the sort of fluid movement I'm imagining in text form though.

But Bullion is more for experimenting anyway I feel.

Page 11
Panel 1
The angle is from below so we can see the ceiling with the big metal supports for the studio and to make the robot dad look even bigger. Bullion is jumping off of the robot dad's shoulder, her grappling hook is latched onto one of the metal ceiling beams. The beams have fire sprinklers on them.

Panel 2
Bullion swings through the air, her boobs not being supported by anything. There's a beam in front of her. There are fire sprinklers under it.

Panel 3
Bullion's knees have wrapped around one of the beams like a trapeze artist, she's hanging upside down, her boobs hand down into her face.
Bullion (thinking): "Some things never change."

Panel 4
A close up of Bullion's hand holding the smoking pipe up to one of the sprinklers.

Panel 5
Wide shot of the set with the sprinklers going off. All of the robots are sparking and sizzling. The pastor is missing from the shot.

Page 12
Panel 1
Shortly...
The former Quizmaster, John, is wrapped in a blanket sitting on a chair with a mug of something hot in his hands. Bullion is standing in front of him.
Bullion: "I'm surprised to see you back here, Q--"
John Barclay: "Don't call me that... please. I regret it all."

Panel 2
Close up of John's face with the mug raised so we get a good look at his face through the steam. He has a burn scar that snakes its was from above the hairline on the left side of his head, down and around the outside of his eye ending past his cheek. It almost forms a question mark, but not really. The steam forms the question mark that used to appear on the face of his old costume.
John: "The new studio owner invited me back, he... he wanted my help since I was here when his father ran things. I couldn't say no."

Panel 3
Bullion has a hand on John's shoulder. He looks tired, she's trying to be supportive.
Bullion: "You've changed, for the better."
Barclay: "We all change eventually. It just takes some of us a while to realize it."

Panel 4
Bullion is walking towards the exit, but she's stopped and turned her head around as someone calls out to her.
Off panel: "Why?"

Panel 5
The robot dad is down on the ground, flat on his back, looking up, still shorting out. Water from the sprinklers running down his face like tears.
Robot dad: "We-we-we just wanted things to go back to how they used to be."

And that's the rough script I've come up with based off of the notes for Bullion #1: The Status Quo. I decided to have the pastor bot escape because he didn't get to do diddly squat during the fight.

It's open for revisions, editing or being ignored entirely now.

Page 13
Panel 1
Close up of the robot dad's face. TV static is reflected on his glass eyes.
Robot dad: "A safe and secure future for my family, I saw it in the schedule. You saw it too, don't you?"

Panel 2
The robot dad turns to look at Bullion whom he now has the full attention of. The angle is from the side of the robot dad that Bullion is not on.
Robot dad: "The... Things... that nobody can-can-can see... Why is family out of its plan?"

Panel 3
The robot dad's eyes go black like a TV that's been turned off. The static reflected on his eyes is hovering above them though, like a cloud.
Why is my family ouuuuuut..."

Panel 4
Two black, empty eyes form from within the static that look directly at Bullion.

Panel 5
Bullion stares back at the Thing intently.

Panel 6
The static flies up and off as Bullion looks up to where it went. In the shadows the pastor bot is seen clutching the cross he wears around his neck.

TO BE CONTINUED

Well goodnight everyone.
If the thread doesn't make it through the night, remember I can't make the next one this coming Sunday.

Like where it's going so far. A little edit fixing but it's on a good path. Keep up the good writing!

good nite folks

>see /coc/ thread
>want to make comic
>realize i can neither draw or write
>realize i'm retarded
>feel like shit
>see /coc/ thread again later

Well thanks for saving the thread, comeback too, give us an idea something even small on any topic.

i've got the rough outlines for some characters and their origin stories. i'll still be using these characters for my stuff but feel free to do whatever you want with the character. just as long as you let anyone else do whatever they want with your alterations. (open source: fuck yeah.)
i posted this in a thread ages ago.
>Will Of Steel/William Beckard
>former engineer for the US Army during Vietnam (could be any war, though.)
>discharged for some reason and returns home to Missouri
>sees that his hometown's gone to complete shit
>decides to build a weaponized suit of armor to combat crime, something like Iron Man's original grey suit is, something clunky, a bit industrial.
>maybe there's some revenge plot where he was framed for a crime he didn't commit ala The A-Team.

>Leroy "Roy" Scott/White Lightning (i got the name from one of these threads)
>a fast talking redneck drag racer from backwoods Alabama
>as for his origin? not sure, i was thinking maybe some shady car company decided to let him test an experimental engine or something
>it fucks up during the race and gives Roy superhuman speed
>said experimental engine could potentially be where some of his enemies got their abilities, kind of like how in the CW Flash series. a lot of his original enemies were in Central City on the night that the particle accelerator blew
>i had a concept for a villain with sonic based powers called Whistling Dixie who could be a foe for White Lightning

Bump

page 8 bampersand

There's a youtuber making a cgi animated movie based on Atlas the public domain superhero, what stopping yall from making an animated short of these ideas?

>yall
redditor and/or youtube faggot spotted

Lack of expertise in sound design
Lack of voice acting
Lack of funds

What's with this recent trend of people seeing "y'all" and thinking someone's from reddit or something. I've been saying y'all my whole life cuz I'm from Georgia. That's just how I talk.

Thanks. It would be nice if someone were interested enough to edit it.

I did the editing for the museum script. I'll see what kind of hammering I can do once I get a chance.

Because it's commonly used on other social media sites and is rarely used here

It's legitimately the sound issue. I refuse to pay for anything and must do it all myself and that's the one thing I'm retarded at

Oh cool, I also worked on that one.

Well bump.

Attached: 1631595525758.png (1975x1194, 1002.39K)

Was the robot family a thing before or did you make them up?

It's been around for a while actually.

it's already midnight here and im making no progress with the hair, 3/4 right looks fine but when i try to flip it i just find it hard to draw it from the left

sure i'll note what i did with D

here's a bald jack for anyone who wants to try the hair

Attached: Screenshot 2022-04-05 013530.jpg (889x794, 72.98K)

They've been an idea since at least 2020. That's when most of the Bullion story notes happened.

Try looking at some reference pictures maybe?
It's a pretty common hairstyle so there's bound to be all sorts of photos of it from all angles out there.

>White Lightning
Beauty

is the Fox immortal or dose he live the same lifespan as a ordinary fox?

He's magical and therefore lives longer.
I presume.

Depends on what character you want from here to be made a movie out of.

Attached: april fools 22.png (800x600, 26.21K)

What are the other two currencies?

wgmi bugbros

Attached: golden_bull.jpg (680x778, 129.55K)

Carver Medical stonks and Pimpcoin, no doubt

Pimpcoin likely took a critical hit in the past few years.