Yea Forums tells me to start with the Greeks

>Yea Forums tells me to start with the Greeks
>Spend a bunch of money I was going to use to buy bitcoin on Homer, Herodotus, Aristotle, Plato instead.
>Yea Forums now tells me if I'm not reading them in their original language then I'm essentially wasting my time reading doctored works.

I'm going to read them anyway not that I bought them but fuck you faggots I swear to God I'm not memeing. What the fuck should I do now I spent $330 you lying faggots

Attached: 1531364279689.png (633x758, 293K)

now that I bought them*

>not reading them in their original language
this is a meme and only really applies to poetry. don't worry about it and keep reading.

>paying for books
>complaining about your poor investment choices on and to Yea Forums
ffs m8

This, stop moving your goalposts OP. It’s like you enjoy the suffering.

Thanks for the reassurance.
shut the fuck up faggot I can't focus when reading from electronic devices. Years of this shitstain mongolian frogposting forum and computer use have rotted my brain

all of the Greek works are public domain, why the fuck would you pay for them?

>be retarded
>listen to retards
>do retarded thing
>reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Very few people are fluent in Attic Greek, I highly doubt some fags on a mongolian throat singing forum are among them. They're just try-hards being pretentious.

Crappy Victorian translations are public domain.

>Years of this shitstain mongolian frogposting forum and computer use have rotted my brain
this. there's no going back. I fucked up

Attached: 1554390620684.png (245x206, 8K)

if you didn’t buy the chapman translations you wasted your money

it’s not anywhere near an impossible task. plenty of people read homer in the OG. hell, just a year of Ancient Greek + actually studying at home and you’ll be fine. homer isn’t even one of the hardest ancient greek authors

based

Attached: keats.jpg (207x244, 6K)

>a year to read Homer fluently
yeah no.

WHAT THE FUCK IS A LIBRARY
It is not our fault that YOU are retarded
$330 isn't even a lot of money you retard. Get a fucking job.

low-iq projects his failures on others

OP dont listen to this fag

have sex

This is not how the meme goes when it comes to the ancients. When its the ancients the main meme is which translator you're reading e.g. whether or not you're using Fagles for the Iliad.
But, ultimately, its still just a meme. You don't exactly read Homer for the lyrical content of his poetry, but for the stories themselves. The thing about the Greeks (and to a lesser extent the Romans) is that they’re thinking is so much their it’s not even relevant to from the beginning so it’s so weird seeing something like that and it happens almost like they mean it to they’re reading.

> mongolian throat singing forum
kek

>Bitcoin investor

Attached: 88985978-portrait-of-beautiful-young-disgusted-woman-on-white-background.jpg (1300x866, 65K)

go back to retarddit newfag

projectors gonna project

From one meme to another.
You got double played, bitch. Should have Beached with Nietzsche and Detourned with Debord.

Attached: bitcoin billionaire.jpg (1330x1206, 653K)

wut

I'm saying for the most part, the casual reader just needs to have a working cultural fluency in the Greeks, which can pretty much be attained by reading a translation. Less so with the Romans, but still with them it’s not even relevant to from the beginning. In Keat's "Lamia", for example, you'll probably gain only a marginally greater appreciation by reading Ovid in the original Latin. In fact, huge chunks of the canon can be appreciated after only having read Hamilton's Mythology. Not to say that literary appreciation is limited solely to some reddit-ish "oh I get the reference I'm so well read," but it’s so weird seeing something like that and it happens almost like they mean it to they’re reading.

Fuck off fag
I guess you're right but I can't help but see their point.
We'll make it fren.
Somehow I doubt it. Besides, I'm not a NEET. I can't devote a year to studying Greek full-time. I wouldn't even know where to start. Might get to it once I have more time.
Fuck off dumbass. I either own a book or I won't read it. Fuck you and your cuck library. I will make my own home-library. Any book I read will live with me in my home and be passed on to my unborn children.
I did get Fagles like the chart told me to. Didn't get the rest of your post. But I did read Hamilton's Mythology and yeah I do feel that I've developed a working cultural fluency and can appreciate the stories more because of it.

Attached: 1527555819106.jpg (633x640, 87K)

this has to be bait

Speaking from experience or just making shit up?

We only shit on people for not reading ancient texts in their original language when they have stupid opinions and/or completely misinterpret them. You should be fine

you've learned the most important lesson of all, one that money can't buy

at least I hope you have cause if you didn't then you just wasted your money. now look at my cute wolfgirl

Attached: bwolf.jpg (850x1200, 111K)

Homer is poetry you moron

Where are the titties?

*unzips cock*

>investing in bitcoin