"White" by Bret Easton Ellis

>"Bret Easton Ellis is most famous for his era-defining novel American Psycho and its terrifying anti-hero, Patrick Bateman. With that book, and many times since, Ellis proved himself to be one of the world’s most fearless and clear-sighted observers of society – the glittering surface and the darkness beneath."
>"In White, his first work of non-fiction, Ellis offers a wide-ranging exploration of what the hell is going on right now. He tells personal stories from his own life. He writes with razor-sharp precision about the music, movies, books and TV he loves and hates. He examines the ways our culture, politics and relationships have changed over the last four decades. He talks about social media, Hollywood celebrities and Donald Trump."
>"Ellis considers conflicting positions without flinching and adheres to no status quo. His forthright views are powered by a fervent belief in artistic freedom and freedom of speech. Candid, funny, entertaining and blisteringly honest, he offers opinions that are impossible to ignore and certain to provoke."
>"What he values above all is the truth. ‘The culture at large seemed to encourage discourse,’ he writes, ‘but what it really wanted to do was shut down the individual.’ Bret Easton Ellis will not be shut down."

Discuss.

Attached: 71mQUmb2lCL.jpg (1591x2560, 140K)

I will probably buy it because he upsets feminists, trannies and DFW fanboys. I don’t like feminists, trannies or DFW spergs, so hopefully it sells well enough to make them salty.
Probably won’t read it anytime soon though. I got a lot on my to read list already.

He considers American Psycho a ”critique of male behaviour”

Sounds like hes just anothet liberal

>What he values above all is the truth.
I never get what people mean by this.

There's not "truth" in most dividing debates.
E.g. abortion rights or duty to help other people survive this and that.
There will always only be consensus to this, never "truth".

>He writes with razor-sharp precision about .... TV he loves and hates

I like his big famous book and all, but this is pathetic. Just a twat picking up a paycheck.

Doesn't Bret lurk Yea Forums?

The fact he's using his race to frame the work is a big indicator that it's going to be an awful 'of the moment' cash grab.
Perhaps I'll be dead, but I look forward to the time when this accepted denigration of the white race is seen for the evil it is.

This might not be the right thread, but can you tell me what this coat of arms of flag or symbol with the yellow snake represents? Is it related to fascism? What's it called. Does it relate to the yellow coat of arms of the Holy Roman Empire? If so, how?

Attached: abundance.jpg (3036x1728, 659K)

Gadsden flag. It’s a libertarian flag, nothing to do with fascism

thx

If you’re talking about the don’t tread on me flag, then that’s a libertarian flag. I believe it was a political cartoon for pre-revolution Americans to rally behind. Originally the snake was the 13 colonies and the foot was England I think

Is BEE /ourguy/?

I like him sometimes but as he's a homo he's fundamentally antisocial and against the natural order. It may sound stupid to you but if you meet enough gays you will understand that this is what they are.

One trick pony pretends he has anything important to say

Yes.

No, I actually post.

My faggot friends literally can't stop socializing. I disagree entirely.

your greatest achievement is a meme

It is meant to convey to authorities of the state the potential dangers intrinsic to acting in a tyrannical manner and attempting to curtail the individual liberties of their constituents.

Attached: b0e995fa8a88950658717fecde1456ece481335a.jpg (1280x853, 272K)

How do you get that out of this
????

>that pic
Our founding fathers are rolling in their graves

I don't know, Franklin would probably hit that.

art

So what's his position? Do the whiteness and masculinity need any further dismantling or can they be mercifully left as they are now?

so the world’s longest blogpost. no thanks

Who do you think made the thread?

If you think that pic is all it takes to make them roll, wait till you see the rest of Yea Forums