“Brutally anti-humanist...

>“Brutally anti-humanist, Land in his desire for transhumanist salvation in the 1990s conjured up a paranoid world where fascists, priests, humanists and just about everyone who wasn’t him became one and the same. A force of “Turing Cops” trying to hold back the liberating dissolution of mankind into the machine. They all want to keep man a peasant digging over the same piece of ground forever, because of their fear of him internalising an alien “cyberplague” of techno-capitalism that has taken on a life of its own.[44] Land so hates the human race that the only thing it seems good for is for producing a liberated Nietzschean posthuman. As Nietzsche cried out, and Deleuze imitated: “the levelling process of European man is the great process which should not be checked: one should even accelerate it”

Woah

Attached: Fanged.jpg (985x987, 126K)

Other urls found in this thread:

therealmovement.wordpress.com/2017/08/20/land-wilderson-and-the-nine-billion-names-of-god/
redpepper.org.uk/cyborg-sentiments/
youtu.be/vhM4NkLTAr4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

god I wish that were me

More here:

therealmovement.wordpress.com/2017/08/20/land-wilderson-and-the-nine-billion-names-of-god/

Why does Land hate people so much? Did something bad happen to him

midwits go full grug when they hit a work of philosophy they can't read

A person fucked his gf.

Lsd and amphetamines made him a monster

>talks about land
>immediately goes for the race card
meh.

>One session involved Nick Land “lying on the ground, croaking into a mic”, recalls Robin Mackay, while Mackay played jungle records in the background. “Some people were really appalled by it. They wanted a standard talk. One person in the audience stood up, and said, ‘Some of us are still Marxists, you know.’ And walked out.”

That's good though.
Land was combating the tendency to be embarrassed because he saw embarrassment as a construct designed to repress unique thought. He pushed himself as far as he could go, burning out beautifully in the process.

He wanted to bang his sisters but SOCIETY wouldn't let him (aka Oedipus), after that he became an absolute mad lad .

Attached: Joker-Movie-Wraps-Production-Joaquin-Phoenix-Set-Photos.jpg (798x420, 27K)

This.
>gabbidull zo bad id gud

Attached: neohunjbag arrib from gabbidull.jpg (171x266, 17K)

>accelerationists can me-

Attached: AccelerationistsCanMe______.jpg (710x473, 105K)

He probably has mild Asperger's from what I've seen, maybe he just doesn't connect to people enough to regard them in the grand scheme of things.

Man, American black people are really destroyed inside huh?
I’ve always watched from a distance and kind of laughed at all of America’s race problems, but man, that whole racial psyche is so far off the deep end it’s kind of depressing.
Like a super villain laughing about how he’s going to destroy all dogs because nobody lovers him as a child, not even dogs, and people having dogs is an affront to him personally because the dog owner hierarchy couldn’t exist without his exclusion.
In fact, it’s kind of like Eliot Rodgers whole worldview was turned into a genuine field of academic discourse, but Eliot was given a 400+ year axe to grind on top of his virginity.
>“we cannot enter into a structure of recognition as a being, an incorporation into a community of beings, without recognition and incorporation being completely destroyed. We know that we are the antithesis of recognition and incorporation. … recognition and incorporation are generically anti-Black”
Christ, can you imagine someone in Africa saying this? The whole village would have them labeled “worlds biggest asshole” in a second. Black Americans are really ground zero for the modernity project, with Other Americans following closely behind.

>As Nietzsche cried out, and Deleuze imitated: “the levelling process of European man is the great process which should not be checked: one should even accelerate it”

That's not what the Kaufmann translation says:

>The homogenizing of European man is the great process that cannot be obstructed: one should even hasten it.

And following that, in the next sentence:

>The necessity to create a gulf, distance, order of rank, is given eo ipso—not the necessity to retard the process.

"leveling" and "homogenizing" are VERY different terms. The former suggests a kind of destruction and annihilation thereof (leveling = flattening, collapsing, equalizing); meanwhile, in the full passage, Nietzsche vouches for a different kind of master-slave society, where the master is not made the master simply by dwarfing the slave, but by configuring the slaves so that they are empowered by the masters and vice versa—two kinds of masters and two kinds of slaves, essentially, but no real "leveling" of power at all, still a master-slave society by all means, just not one that was ever established in the past. The elimination of ressentiment was the idea for Nietzsche, not because he thinks people are equal, but because he thinks they aren't, and ressentiment appears when the will of one over-extends itself and crushes the will of another, which could be valuable and be made to help thrive both wills at once instead. It's in the best interests of wills to pursue the reconfiguration of other wills so that they complement one another and further empower one another; and every will that pursues the opposite, equalization of all wills, absolute dominance of the self over everything else, the Judaic/Christian will, seeks death and destroys life in the process.

everyone posts this but I've yet to see anyone refute capital being so bad it's good

Not what he says at all.

Attached: IMEANREALLYDARK.jpg (1278x902, 228K)

It refutes itself.
You need to go back.

Attached: Accelerationism.jpg (1440x1109, 468K)

Wait a minute, the guy Yea Forums memes about so much is a transhumanist? Holy shit he sounds based af, I want to read him

Attached: 1522710329769.jpg (1200x758, 268K)

It comes from Klossowski's translation, who translates beschleunigen with accélérer; for levelling/homogenizing he has égalisation (equalization). Interesting to compare Klossowski's reading of the passage in Nietzsche and the Vicious Circle, where he talks about a group of hidden masters, for whom both the exoteric elites and the masses will unwittingly operate, and who will be used as a material for these masters to experiment on

Attached: tKE23HU.jpg (1455x771, 338K)

>As soon as it is established, this homogenizing species requires a justification: it lies in serving a higher sovereign species that stands upon the former and can raise itself to its task only by doing this. Not merely a master race whose sole task is to rule, but a race with its own sphere of life, with an excess of strength for beauty, bravery, culture, manners to the highest peak of the spirit; an affirming race that may grant itself every great luxury - strong enough to have no need of the tyranny of the virtue-imperative, rich enough to have no need of thrift and pedantry, beyond good and evil; a hothouse for strange and choice plants.

What do you think he is talking about here? A "higher sovereign species" that "stands" on the "homogenizing species" and "can raise itself to its task only by doing this." Nietzsche is saying it outright here, he wants inequality but he wants the inequality to stem from a natural differentiation that makes the unequal components complement and empower one another.

He's no transhumanist; rather a posthumanist (if not a rabid antihumanist)

A bunch of nonsense that will never happen in reality. He doesn't even mention the slaves, so why would that quote trump the one I posted (which did mention the slaves)?

Why are NEETcheans so excessive with their interpretations? Do they resent what NEETchuh was really saying?

Hitler was pretty fucking close to making it happen in reality.

>was really saying?
Which was?

lmao. Hitler was a degenerate leading a group of even more disgusting degenerates.
And
>close
lmao

Attached: Stalingrad-grain-silo-595x430.jpg (595x430, 74K)

Hitler started the fire, but Kalki he was not.

Because people suck. Just look at global warming - humanity is standing around doing nothing while the world becomes uninhabitable. There should be an international effort to stop climate change but you have Americans who elect a totally incompetent idiot as president who pulls out of such efforts and denies it's even happening. Hating people is the most logical response, given how people are acting.

Edgy liberalism.

stop kinkshaming, you bigot

Land loves global warming. You can just lay your bag of popcorn on the street. And sMARTrOaDs will climate control while popping.
Sentience in runaway.

Attached: GABIDULL IZ ZENDIEND.jpg (171x266, 17K)

That's utterly delusional.

You're not wrong. However, if he had succeeded, he would have built the foundation necessary for that homogenization of Europe that Nietzsche talked about. What we have instead is the opposite ideal in the works, which is the slow equalization of European and non-European people.

Based

If he had succeeded the Ubermensch would be a bus.
And if Hitler was a good representation of the Ubermensch then Nietzsche had nothing useful to say at all.

Land is a climate change denier, but says he would support it if it was real.

If he had succeeded, the Ubermensch would be loved, but instead the Unermensch concept is met with intense hatred way more often than it isn't.

>And if Hitler was a good representation of the Ubermensch
I never said that he was. He wasn't. Yet his ideas were good ones and properly Nietzschean.

Jehu is an interesting character. From what I recall, he essentially posits that capitalism already collapsed in the Great Depression because we no longer use the gold standard (so currency has nothing to do with labor), thus we all live under fascism. Plus as you said he's a black American with all the baggage that comes with.

He's English.

>Change, roaring through society, widens the gap between what we believe and what really is, between the existing images and the reality they are supposed to reflect. When this gap is only moderate, we can cope more or less rationally with change, we can react sanely to new conditions, we have a grip on reality. When this gap grows too wide, however, we find ourselves increasingly unable to cope, we respond inappropriately, we become ineffectual, withdraw or simply panic. At the final extreme, when the gap grows too wide, we suffer psychosis—or even death.
>To maintain our adaptive balance, to keep the gap within manageable proportions, we struggle to refresh our imagery, to keep it up-to-date, to relearn reality. Thus the accelerative thrust outside us finds a corresponding speed-up in the adapting individual. Our imageprocessing mechanisms, whatever they may be, are driven to operate at higher and higher speeds.
If accelerationists are so fast, why can't they meme? Or more accurately, if proto-accelerationists could meme before memes, what caused the acceleratonists to unlearn memes?

Attached: Future Shock.jpg (667x667, 103K)

Based and goldpilled

Because accellerationism is a poorly thought out idea in all its incarnations to begin with. That never stopped people latching into shitt concepts and ideas before, but why would anyone of sane of mind latch into something that abolishes him and his human value which is his labor? I am not a humanist but lets consider the idiocy of accelerationism which on the one hand promises the a kind of utopian post-humanism, and on the other the capitalist neo-feudalism of Moldbug which Land eventually latched on to. But the truth is, that neither of these is actually coming into effect. Marx will eventually be proven right, in that as Capitalism's falling rate of profit becomes more acute and inequality rises, the political order becomes more primitive, more ideological and more desperate. The idea of Neo-China will never happen in Europe, the third world nor in the US because labor and human production still matter in society even on a symbolic level on the field of consumption. Not producing the best smartphones or security systems. If this whole array of very human consumptive needs and trends collapses, so does capitalism. What Land does is on the hand accurate in that Capital abolishes human labor and latches on to him as an alien intelligence, but on the other hand he mystifies them. This mystification is unnecessary since we know how the modern monetary side of capitalism works and there is a very real social basis underpinning it all.

Attached: Capital Is Unlearning.jpg (171x391, 21K)

>Marx will eventually be proven right
Said the communist for over a hundred years. Be specific. Give date when "collapse of capitalism into its own cotradictions" will happen. Another religious cult called Jehova witnesses can give a fucking specific date for rapture but you "scientific Marxists" can't. You retards are more transparently swindlers than JWs.

Maybe, but how does this explain the lack of meme resentience?

stupid hegelian

sh-shut up!

Capitalism is buzzword anyway, and you conflate Marx with Marxism.

My point isn't that Capitalism will collapse at "x date", but that the capitalism as it exists today will no longer be a reality in a few decades. Neither will there be any utopian accelerationist utopia, since at a very basic level social conditions cannot be accelerated , dissolved or transformed just by technological intelligence. What is labeled today as Capitalism, is today is the monetary side of Capitalism that operates entirely under fictious values, market futures,petrodollars and a whole fields of consumer and service markets. In other words the globo-homo world that everyone has come to know as of today, that is an alliance of neoliberal state technocrats and advertisers/managers. It can only crash and burn from here on out and not in a pleasant way at least in the western world, with my final point being , isn't all so banal and boring that this is the futurist world we were promised? I thought Crapitalism and liberal democracy meant INNOVATION AND MUH FREEDUMBS

Attached: 27d.jpg (745x1093, 127K)

>Marx will eventually be proven right
Lmao, Land's schizophrenic predictions are more likely to come true than Marx's predictions.

>PLAY
Enlighten me

yep, overthrow the central banks and irs. we are using their freaking debts based on their promise that they will repay us with a decent society. look at where we are. BUY ETHEREUM BTW.

Attached: ayy lmao.png (1192x894, 1.14M)

These guys kick ass except for the guy farthest to the right.

i'm going to be honest, this interests me but I don't undertand any pf this shit... I feel as if if my interpretation were to be correct that this man is either a paranoid schizo or a moron

markets manufacture intelligence

Fuck niggers

ironically if humanity destrys itself because of advanced capitalism ,none of Marx's preditions will have come true

yang will ban automation and allow gay space communism

But fiat currency is still capital.
In fact one could easily argue that fiat currency is even more capitalist than capital based on the gold standard, that it's all a charade and ideology, etc. etc.

Sounds dumb.

Attempting to racialize posthumanism is like trying to paint a car after it's exploded into a million pieces.

>Marx will eventually be proven right, in that as Capitalism's falling rate of profit becomes more acute and inequality rises, the political order becomes more primitive, more ideological and more desperate.

Political/ideological struggles will be commodified and absorbed by the capital, as it's already happening.
Google's AI can already outsmart 90% of the population, it will only get more intense.
Also, people are becoming dumber, not smarter.

Attached: k1uhftserce21.jpg (705x1199, 93K)

The legend grows

redpepper.org.uk/cyborg-sentiments/

>Consequently, some critics have expressed concern that XF may still not be exercising sufficient reflexivity about the provenance of its xeno- prefix (which means ‘foreign’, ‘strange’, ‘monstrous’ or ‘alien’). Calling things xeno- this and xeno- that was, after all, the predilection of a ‘cyberpositivist’ research centre that flourished three decades ago under a man nowadays better known as the founder of ‘dark enlightenment’, a eugenicist network, and the figurehead of the avowedly ‘hyper-racist’ movement Neoreaction (NRx).

So, what I'm getting here is that this ideology is all about being gratuitously weird and using words like "hyperstition" so you seem cool and mysterious online.

There is no utopian acceleration utopia according to Land, just the total submission and ultimate phase-out of the human. How this effects the quality of life of the average person is irrelevant.
I think a lot of people misunderstand Land's early work as him actively wanting this to happen, but actually he was just stating what he saw as the inevitable. Nowadays his work is completely different.

Seems like it's made for this board

>Nowadays his work is completely different.
How so?

>facebook worth 200 billion
lmao

Attached: Crypto or CRYPTO.jpg (723x577, 138K)

Pretty much. It's just Edge Pinker for academic hipsters.

Attached: steven-pinker-009.jpg (2060x1236, 320K)

If I saw this in the 1990s I would've thought it was really deep and edgy. Like a basement hardcore band just turning up the feedback too loud and sweating and groaning to show how Damaged and Dangerous they are

Seems incredibly adolescent and stupid now. Does anyone think otherwise?

Okay, this is epic. Unironically love the dad jeans btw

Land probably agrees with you for what thats worth

kek
what a little turd

>Give date
yawn

Basically this, yes

That would have made him based.
youtu.be/vhM4NkLTAr4
The problem was jungle music. There's no coming back from that.

Well, the whole thrust of that argument is to take Marx's labor theory of value extremely literally and say that:

>If it's true that labor is the commonality between commodities that enables exchange to be possible, this must apply to currencies as well, as in, labor must go into the creation of the currency. Since this isn't happening (since fiat has no labor involved in its creation), capitalism has already broken down in that production based on exchange value no longer exists (again, no labor involved in the currency), thus capitalism has already collapsed, but we obviously don't live under Communism, so we must live under fascism.

The simpler answer is that the LTV is wrong and is a historical artifact created by British liberals who wanted to undermine the monarchy.

this is actually an american thing in general. they really hate themselves and each other thanks to how identity politics is pushed onto them.

I think otherwise. It really doesn't strike me as either adolescent or stupid, especially if you read Land's earlier work and you understand how well-grounded he is in philosophy. His readings of Bataille and Kant are especially interesting.

If Nick Land was still young and strung out would he listen to dubstep?