I normally enjoy being alone and not being in contact with anyone but as of recently I've been trying to get back in...

I normally enjoy being alone and not being in contact with anyone but as of recently I've been trying to get back in touch with friends but they're all in their own world and rarely reply to me back.

I need a book that can convince me I don't need them.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1557x1184, 148K)

meditate

Just make up a bunch of imaginary friends.

Fuck that

in all my relationships nobody understands that i am suffering
i have to put on a song and dance and drink myself stupid just to be around them
they take it personally if i'm not fucking happy
it's narcissistic, nobody truly cares for my happiness, i'm just a side-character, a dog, a clown

How do you get out of a situation like this ?

there's no way out
either isolate yourself or make sacrifices
i guess the other option is to be more assertive in relationships, which is something i am incapable of doing, ever asserting myself or my needs. easier to neglect myself and pretend i don't exist, since my the very fact of my existence is somehow wrong

Disconnect with your friends and gain inner security and confidence, which will make you act less insecure, and things like being seen as a clown will fade away, as humor is used to have a disconnect from things (unsincerity) to gain attention. If you see yourself as a dog, gain control over your own needs and your friends will start to appear less like your "owners" and more like peers. Finally, get new friends. If you are able to transform yourself, then you should recognize that those friends were made by the decisions of an insecure and unconfident person. Seek new friends.

you do. Maybe not them specifically, but someone.

go out and make new friends.

Don't tell me they are internet friends.

They are not, I've known these friends since I was in elementary. It all feels disconnected.

Attached: DiJ7nQOGzd0l.jpg (600x449, 85K)

I'm curious on the book reccomendations. Heres a Bump

No, what you need is new friends. Having a social life is a good and healthy thing, and is definitely worth the effort. Don't let neets and incels LARPing as enlightened monks on the internet tell you otherwise.

Call your friends up and tell them that you know you've been distant but that you'd really like to have a beer and a chat sometime.

Do you think I don't know what a google employee tasked with social engineering mandates looks like champ? O'Keefe is watching x cubicles down

I haven't had friends for 7 years.
I don't mind lacking friends, but I'm so desperate for a romantic relationship, and I know that's impossible unless I have friends.

What the fuck is this comment?

Romantic relationships are stressful

Read this and then larp about it.

Attached: GUEST_09689f45-9c3b-4ba7-92d4-9ba0cd454582.jpg (488x488, 56K)

Didn't he eat some poisonous plant and die at the end ? I only watched the movie, if the book is the same as the movie then I think I'll pass.