Is it possible for a non-Russian to ever understand the raging hard-on that Russians have for Aleksandr Pushkin...

Is it possible for a non-Russian to ever understand the raging hard-on that Russians have for Aleksandr Pushkin? He’s a GOD to them. They don’t care about Tolstoy, Dostoevsky, or anyone else not named Pushkin
Why?

Attached: 804245D7-ABB6-42C3-9348-4FD0389780EE.png (220x256, 99K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abram_Petrovich_Gannibal
poetryloverspage.com/poets/pushkin/anchar.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

He created modern Russian language by combining older church-influenced "literary" style with the speech of common people of his age.

Because he is a good poet and if Gogol is the demigod of Russian literature, then Pushkin is the God of it.
It is said that Dostoevsky said that
>We all stepped out from Gogol’s cloak
Guess who tailored that cloak of Gogol’s!

It is possible, but only if you study Russian for years.

Attached: E7B68DD2-D25C-45FB-A363-A06EB155B9A4.jpg (710x646, 244K)

>why?
Because his writings are shorter and more accessible. Everyone reads Pushkin's poems in school, only some read P&C and practically nobody reads W&P.

Did you know that Pushkin was BLACK?

>P&C
C&P ofc

>practically nobody reads W&P.
Why not? Is tolstoy bad in russia?

I'm talking about highschoolers. Most of them don't read at all and teachers give up on trying to make them read such a monstrosity size-wise.

Which version of his short stories should I get?
Everyman’s or the paperback P&V?

Prime and Cunnishment

he was part black btw
pic related was his great-grandfather

Attached: a.jpg (800x1200, 269K)

Attached: 1553966840437.jpg (700x767, 36K)

We have tigers

BASED

Attached: 96E102D2-DDE3-4D11-8B08-63BCD0F1E9BB.jpg (220x325, 23K)

A man bought a hat, and it was JUST RIGHT!

Attached: buceta rosa.png (958x735, 644K)

Don't worry, most Russians can't explain why Pushkin is great either.

WE

>Kidnapped as a child, Gannibal was taken to Russia and presented as a gift to Peter the Great, where he was freed, adopted and raised in the Emperor's court household as his godson.[2]

>Gannibal eventually rose to become a prominent member of the imperial court in the reign of Peter's daughter Elizabeth. He had 11 children, most of whom became members of the Russian nobility; he was a great-grandfather of the author and poet Alexander Pushkin.[3]

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abram_Petrovich_Gannibal

his baddest verse eva. i cya understand it inna di translashon bwoy so go to yuh nana

I loved you: love still, perhaps
In my soul it did not fade away completely;
But don't let her worry you anymore;
I do not want to sadden you with anything.
I loved you silently, hopelessly,
That shyness, then jealousy weary;
I loved you so sincerely, so tenderly,
How may God give you a loved one to be different.

Pushkin is start of russian lit ant his works is great but
>He’s a GOD to them. They don’t care about Tolstoy, Dostoevsky, or anyone else not named Pushkin
it is just not true, we sadly rarly read him today

ebatj d3bil

Tolstopi zdujobr atno na harkach

Kak otnosishsya k Yasosu Bibu?

>They don’t care about Tolstoy, Dostoevsky, or anyone else not named Pushkin
Wrong
t. knows a Russian

v otli4yy ot teba ne onnshus k this action

A k ego philosophskomu ucheniyu kak otnosishsya?

I don't know if it counts for much but my father (born and raised in the USSR) told me they read War and Peace in high-school. Obviously this may no longer be the case but I know for sure that it was the case. Apparently, he hated it, which may explain why Tolstoy is not as appreciated as he ought to be.

it is taste like zemlja

Pushkin was a nigger. No wonder Russia society is so fucked up. Propping up a literal nigger as their supreme idol

It must be not Puskin but Vybz Kartel.

>Pushkin? He’s a GOD to them. They don’t care about Tolstoy, Dostoevsky

False.

Your father is right. I doubt that highschoolers can appreciate war and peace.

My friend studied Russian in college, went to live in Russia for a year, and started dating a Russian girl, and now he says Pushkin is the best Russian writer. So it is possible.

Read James Falen's translation of Eugene Onegin and you'll understand why he's so revered

It's hyperbole, user. A rhetoric device.

Pushkin has been turned into a literary saint during the Stalin reign and its cultural turn to classicism. Most of the praise just follows the tradition, and doesn't consciously point to his virtues.

so he is like the shakespeare of russia

I appreciate his prose more t b h, The Queen of Spade acted as my introduction to proper literature. As for poetry, we were forced to memorize a lot of Pushkin's in school, so I began irrationally hating his poems and put them off for years. For shame because some of them are absolutely amazing, Archar is probably my favourite (the translation doesn't do it any justice):
poetryloverspage.com/poets/pushkin/anchar.html

>Guess who tailored that cloak of Gogol’s!
Petrovich

Isn't he a product of Gogol's mind?

Or, isn't he a product of your mind?