HOW THE HECK CAN I START READING!?

HOW THE HECK CAN I START READING!?
I WANT TO READ PHILOSOPHY, I WANT TO READ POETRY, I WANT TO READ BOOKS THAT ARE HUNDREDS OF YEARS OLD, I WANT TO READ BIG BOOKS FOR GROWN UP PEOPLE, I'M TIRED OF ONLY BEING ABLE TO READ NORMIE NOVELS OR HENTAI MANGAS, YET, THE HARDEST AUTHOR I CAN MANAGE IS KAFKA AND READING THREE PAGES MAKES ME WANT TO SLEEP 3 HOURS!
AM I ACTUALLY RETARDED? WHAT CAN I DO?

Attached: 1428806567823.png (529x470, 483K)

Calm down!!!
Go to the park and read something short :3

realize that you should read what you want, don't read just for big brain points
you've got limited time on earth after all
that being said, you can always wean/transition into more complex books by mentioning what you enjoy already
i personally find kafka boring (at least the trial was boring, his short stories are OK), but i enjoy other books that other people might find boring

Get some short stories, preferrably a collection to introduce you to a variety of authors. If one particularly speaks to you try a novel they wrote.

Stop using my face.

On a side note, butterfly does you ignoring me mean you have a guilty conscience and are actually UNDER 47 years old? Did you just want to shake me off?

>anime fag
don't bother books and literature would be wasted on you, scumbag weeb

If you weren't predisposed to reading books at an early age then you'll just have to consistently train yourself. Start small and work your way up. Could take months or years but you'll get it eventually. Literature is not science.

Stop pretending you're me. You've got some serious issues. Annd she's confirmed it with me (with pics ;3)

Cute

i guess the only author i actually enjoy is Charles Bukowski, i really like his humor and direct way of writing.
I also enjoy Stephen King because his books are easy and easy and feeling like i can read hundreds of pages without feeling tired makes me feel good

Calm down. Pick a book and have fun reading it

None of this complicated stuff people make it out to be, just read

>hating on anime in 2019
don't bother books and literature would be wasted on you, weeb hater

You don't actually want to read, you just want to feel like you're doing something other than watch anime all day. Stop watching anime.

Try to find a writer that you think you will identify strongly with, by reading their wiki articles and getting a general impression from what people say here. Charts are nice.

Don't try to understand every detail. If you are bored try to skim. If you only got 20% but still enjoyed it then it wasn't a wasted effort.

Try reading when you are least likely to fall asleep, for many people that's the morning or evening.

Also try reading aloud from time to time, it helped me a lot.

Read light novels and work your way up to phenomonology of the spirit.

Start with short stories that interest you (tons of charts on the wiki)
You can also pick up a poetry anthology if you want to dive into that early (recs on the wiki as well)

Ability comes with time, keep reading.

Fuck everyone's comments.
Dont care about these fag OP.
Start reading Tao Te Ching to please your spirit so you can start reading more and actually learn from it.
It is a short text so you can't say "I haven't got time" and if it appears boring, do it for your spirit, not for your hedonistic material being, DO IT.

Man you are projecting. I can't think of a single classical writer who says anime is bad. They're all pretty quiet on that point in fact.
Who do you think was a bigger weeb, Twain or Hemmingway?
I bet Mary Shelly wrote Zombieland Saga fanfic.

>Start reading Tao Te Ching
Do not read the Tao Te Ching. You stand to gain more by reading a phonebook from cover to cover.

Just do it 4HEad

I felt headaches of reading Kant's relatively complete explanations, eventually I internalized it and it gave me the ability to understand dense texts (like the own critique of pure reason, or materialistic essays), so yes, you are retarded, but you can change it (also 45~ minutes of reading 15~ rest)

JUST FUCKING READ YOU DENSE FUCK.

that's because anime is (globally) a new thing. I could totally see ancient greeks shitting on weebs like no tomorrow

Fuck off.

>Don't try to understand every detail. If you are bored try to skim. If you only got 20% but still enjoyed it then it wasn't a wasted effort.
That's great advice. OP take notice

>He doesn't instinctively comprehend Hegel
Never going to make it

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 186K)

Read high-school level prose like 1984, The Great Gatsby, Animal Farm and Brave New World. Even if you don't enjoy them, you'd probably be pushed to finish them by the overwhelming fact that 15 year old's read this kind of prose. You'll eventually enjoy it. And if you don't, give up. The fact that you need to push yourself to read already makes you that much of a pseud.

Attached: AFDD8017-EAB0-498A-9433-196F70C397B3.jpg (387x387, 25K)

>don't read just for big brain points
Do you know how many people actually read for that exact reason? I imagine most of this board.

First, stop using the term heck ironically, second, open up a book and use your eyes to read the text.