If you don't smoke you're never gonna make it as a writer. Daily reminder

If you don't smoke you're never gonna make it as a writer. Daily reminder.

Attached: images - 2019-03-28T133851.349.jpg (510x382, 17K)

Other urls found in this thread:

rjgeib.com/thoughts/tobacco/tolstoy-on-tobacco.html
wispofsmoke.net/PDFs/Whitby.pdf
scribd.com/document/44685607/Smoking-is-Good-for-You-William-T-
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>not wanting to be a bard

Writing effects no one

Is smoking coming back in vogue

It disappeared in the States due to muh health muh fitness, but it's pretty much still present in the rest of the world.

Smoking doesn't make you a good writer. Not having any money because you spend too much on cigarettes makes you a good writer.

A standard pack of Camels costs like 2.5 bucks in my country.

So smoke more.

If you were born after 1980 and still smoke then you are literally a fucking retard

t. millennial American

If you were born after 1980 and don't smoke but judge people who do then you are literally a fucking puritan American cunt.

Spoken like a true dyel burgerboi

I become so intense I put the lit end in my MOUTH

Attached: C4358640-F923-4781-886D-52ABE9B280C0.jpg (225x225, 7K)

Get mad. Doesn't change the fact that you're spending money to spend money. It's not bon vivant to be a fucking retard. It's not writerly to pay Phillip Morris.
It isn't puritanism to point out what a twat you are for falling for a meme.
No sympathy, no understanding, no compassion. If you smoke you're a fucking dipshit, full stop

before you an hero, take up smoking
coffee and a cigarette, nothing like it

Calm down, faggot lmao people are free to do whatever the fuck they want with their lives

Calling me a faggot and then limp wristing into live and let live relativism
Hitchhike back to San Francisco cunt

I'm not even in the US, you angry cunt lmao

Books helped me quit smoking. I spent all the time in bed reading.
Yea Forums made me spend more time on the computer and start smoking again. Now that I have a rough idea of what I'm gonna write, i'm afraid I'm gonna keep smoking. Even more when Borderlands 3 is released.
Shit.

Quit in your thirties like my grandpa did and you'll be fine.

Idk how are "farias" called in English (cigarettes that use tobacco leaves instead of paper, like cigars with filter) but they cost like half the price of a regular industrial pack, so I can smoke twice as much before being ruined.
Also cigars are pretty cheap if you don't care about the brand.

Cigarillos? If that's what you mean, in America only actual ghetto trash smoke them. They unroll them and add weed. Cigarettes are considered pretty trashy and lower class by anybody under age 50 here, but cigarillos are indisputably for garbage poor people. People who smoke cigarillos and people who have or will go on to have multiple felony convictions are the same group.

Attached: swisher-cigarillos-mixed-pack.jpg (500x500, 42K)

>Cigarettes are considered pretty trashy and lower class by anybody under age 50 here
America is funny.

vaping looks cooler tho.

There's nothing cooler and more kino than lighting a cigarrete, though.

yeah well I was in my thirties when I quit

I appreciate the aesthetic of them but being addicted to tobacco, turning your nails and teeth yellow, being irritable and miserable until you get your fix, and fucking your lungs beyond repair is all inarguably trashy
American is generally leagues behind in terms of culture but this is one thing we got right man

It's only trashy because you live in America. No one outside of America sees it that way. Bad? Yes. Unhealthy? Totally. Trashy? No.

t. Never looked at the evidence for himself.

And my grandpa never quit and lived until 100.

Those look like blunt rolls and, as I read in the Wikipedia, usually come without filter and are larger than cigarettes. Don't you have anything like the ones on the pic?

Attached: Jockey.jpg (884x626, 83K)

rjgeib.com/thoughts/tobacco/tolstoy-on-tobacco.html

Tobacco is the opposite of the drugs he mentioned so the point is not valid.

>Trashy? No.
Yes.

t. American

Like I said, it's a cultural thing. Not that I expect you to understand other cultures, burger, but what I said is the truth.

I just wanna be like Donna

Attached: 1546781163710.jpg (750x1124, 921K)

>Amerimutts would argue this is "trashy"

>he's addicted to a LEAF
>a LITERAL PLANT

lmaoing at your life, pathetic

Not any worse than any other addiction.

Tobacco is less addictive than coffee.

>what is lung cancer
>what is breathing problems
>what is heart disease
>what is rapid aging
>what is bad withdrawals
>what is smelling like shit
>what is wasting your money as a slave to a PLANT

but, it's cool, right bro? see we're edgy and not like them

coffee doesn't give you lung cancer

Neither does tobacco smoking.

t. Philip Morris

>but, it's cool, right bro? see we're edgy and not like them
All my friends smoke and they're not at all edgy. It's a normal thing outside of Burgerland. Eating burgers is just as bad as smoking, tbqh.

>burgers don't give you cancer
>smoking tobacco gives you cancer

Yep, totally the same

TFW get spooked by advertisment industry and become a smoker

if I decide to an hero, I’m starting smoking
I’m smoking in the mornings
I’m smoking in the afternoon
I’m smoking in the evening

You realize even the tobacco companies themselves admitted smoking gives you cancer as part of the 1998 settlement right?

We get it, you're addicted, relax

The excess of bad shit gives you cancer, m8.

And what do you think tobacco is?

>eating processed meats is totally healthy, bro.
Americans, everybody.

they're both garbage idiots

For me smoking is just a really slow and expensive way of commiting suicide. It is great if you don't have the guts to an hero and also you expent your money before dying.

Meh. Alcoholism is better.

For those whining about, "muh price," just roll your own. It's incredibly cheap and the quality and strength of the tobacco are greatly improved.

For those whining about, "muh health," reconsider your values. Life isn't made worthwhile by doddering around with arthritis and dementia in your 80s. "Hooray, I made it to 90 after doing absolutely nothing worthwhile but endless doctor's visits for the last two decades!" Seriously, our society's obsession with living longer with an ever lower standard of living is fucked.

>tfw tobacco is the cheapest anxiety drug
>gov trying to make it illegal
Fucking jews.

tao lin doesn't smoke
aristotle didn't smoke

cancer in your 60s isn't a pleasant way to die, even from a utilitarian view

As with everything else, no one gives a fuck if you die of cancer or waste money. That's just the meme you fall for and what makes you a retard.
But it's very easy to critique your pretend bon vivant life-is-more-than-health style. For example with the fact that cigarette butts are the most common form of waste worldwide, they are the most common trash found in the ocean, they are the most socially acceptable form of littering. So not only do you faggots fall for the meme, you literally fuck the world up by doing it.
Smoking isn't trashy. This is not just a class issue. Smoking is something retards fall for, and it's something that signals you out as a dipshit. There's no proving that wrong. You can like being a fucking dipshit but it doesn't make you any less of one. And that would be one thing if you big gang of dipshits weren't polluting the world with your shit.
très european duurrrr

lunglet calm down

>you're a retard because worldwide oceans and littering!
Reddit tier sperging right there. Commit suicide immediately.

What the fuck did you just cough fucking say about me you cough little bitcough cough cough cough ack ack ack

LUNGLET!
roughly .5 of Yea Forums is suicidal, but don’t smoke a cigarette before the firing squad

show us on the doll where the smoker touched you

KEK

I strongly associate smoking with skinny meth addict dropouts (that also smoke tobacco) and cancer, as that has been my exposure to it, so nah I will never smoke.

lmao absolutely and irrevocably BTFO

Sorry bud, my body is reaching perfection. Enjoy being a gay addict.

>another burger has outted himself and his cultural prejudice
Okay.

go back to cancerville vlad

>guy who is obsssed with his body has the audacity to call others "gay"
You can't make this shit up.

Already there, burger.

>my body is reaching perfection
Is there anything more cringe than a vain man?

Yeah an ugly man
>being dyel

No thanks, bud.

Are nicotine pills equivalent? I don't want lung cancer.

everyone that responded to you before me is either retarded or laughably edgy, cheer up

Is regularly using an onahole Yea Forums?

Buddy, you look and smell like shit. Have some self respect.

I don't, kid. I smoke 2 cigs max a day, it's not like I'm constantly smoking.

if you don't die in a gutter, you're never going to make it as a writer. daily reminder

>81 relies
>mostly people wanting to give themselves love cancer so they can look cool.
Remember when this was literature board?

Attached: 78597925-EAB0-49B5-A70B-A4AA73B3AB8C.jpg (1080x1080, 119K)

Mark my words zoom zooms are gonna bring cigs back in a big way in the states

Half my friend group is addicted to nicotine as a result of vaping in high school and 3-4 have already transitioned to occasionally smoking cigs

You smell homie.

vices might shape how a person writes, but taking on vices in order to prop up the illusion of being a writer is sheer immaturity

The absolute cope in this thread. I say without a shred of arrogance or irony that I was 22 the last time I thought it was cool and worth it to smoke. It took me a couple years to successfully quit, but at no point after that did it feel "worth it" to smoke.

I can't fathom anyone other than a literal teenager suggesting it is a good habit to pick up, and they would only do so because they still have the teenage nihilistic feelings that characterize youth. But any adult who smokes or has smoked for a period knows how unpleasant it is and how it gets continually worse and worse. Emphysema is a terrible disease that sometimes takes thirty years to kill you, so you just spend your time wheezing and coughing every day for the rest of your life. It's difficult to sleep. Running for more than ten seconds is absolutely devastating. And don't get me started on lung cancer.

The incredible lack of wisdom in suggesting serious, deadly vices like smoking and alcoholism confirms my suspicion that more than half of Yea Forums is underage.

Don't call me homie you fucking nigger.

>my Kaczynski thread gets taken down but this stays up
I like culture threads too, but golly.

Maybe you should steal some of the shreds in this thread and use them to cloth your naked, flabby body.

hello plebbit
> lack of wisdom in suggesting serious, deadly vices
you will only be a mediocre person at best, but you already realized that

Nobody gives a shit about some schizoid murderer lmao get fucked

I don't know what this means.

This is exactly the type of thing I'm talking about...people thinking that picking up banal and suffering-causing vices will make them more interesting people. So, so childish and so incredibly naive.

>I don't know what this means.
Ok, not bad. But do you have the conviction to take it all the way?

I support smoking as it's part of natural selection

this is true... :(

I recognize a pun in your original post, but only from the shape of the sentence, not from the usage of the words.

>people thinking that picking up banal and suffering-causing vices will make them more interesting people
name an artist without a vice

Evidently, you do. This is even pseudy. Top marks, keep it up.

I lol'd

Attached: BD51E756-8224-4F16-A1F9-912ACD09C0A0.jpg (300x168, 6K)

Jebus

That is putting the cart before the horse. The creative and intellectual pursuit might create the "need" for the vice, but to pick up a vice in the hope that it will make you more like a writer or a better thinker is absolutely absurd.

I don't understand your tone. Like you're replying to statements no one made.

>The creative and intellectual pursuit might create the "need" for the vice, but to pick up a vice in the hope that it will make you more like a writer or a better thinker is absolutely absurd.
I agree with you, but your rejection of vice is how I know you're a pathetic troglodyte who will amount to nothing

>h-ha im not addicted, I can stop if I want to!!!

this is you

this is, and only is facts. I graduated at 17 and made horrible friends with people in my HS but going out with them again made me realise I was lucky.
Half of them are nicotine addicted the other half are old enough to buy cigarettes, i don't think nicotine addiction has stopped at all, in public schools this "juul meme" is real as it comes. Also being from S. Florida all the hispanics smoke straight cigarettes and skip the juul shit, I don't smoke, I dont think I ever will its just so time consuming for no reason.

>I wish I were creative, but instead I'll just shitpost
this is you

"Maybe you should steal some of the shreds [of irony] in this thread and use them to cloth your naked, flabby body" means "You are a fucking idiot to take any of this seriously." You're so stupid I even have to translate English into English for you.

How can you possibly agree with what I said while simultaneously believing the parallel example? If you admit that the vice is typically not the force behind the creativity, how can you suggest that the lack of the vice implies a lack of creativity or intellectual productivity?

Just to put this in context, I'm a former smoker and entering my tenth year of alcoholism and my body is falling apart.

>how can you suggest that the lack of the vice implies a lack of creativity or intellectual productivity?
Evidence.
>Just to put this in context, I'm a former smoker and entering my tenth year of alcoholism and my body is falling apart.
Sorry you're dying, we all are. Plebbit might care more though

Okay, lad. What is the evidence?

Are you angry because your post didn't get quite the attention it deserved? It is pretty clever now that I understand what the first "shreds" referred to.

Let's hear the evidence. You're relying on a logical fallacy to defend a vice that, by ALMOST ALL ACCOUNTS causes tremendous suffering, and don't even have the decency to provide the evidence without arm-twisting. Let's go, man.

>so you're dying
Dying of something you did to yourself for no reason that stifled almost all creative and social pursuits for a decade is awful. If it results in a great work, that would be wonderful, but the years of suffering are hard to justify. I know I'm going to end up killing myself when I can't take it anymore.

>no one mentioning the patrician Yea Forums choice of smoking a pipe

If you don't want to fuck up your lungs pick up a pipe or small quality cigars or cigarillos like café crèmes, the longer burn time is conducive to long reading sessions rather than feverishly puffing away at cigs

Everyone dies. Life is suffering. The difference is you're upset your vices distracted you; a real artist works in spite the vices. There's no arguing with you because you keep irritably reaching for fact and reason when the truth of life has always escaped you. Sorry but no one wants your wisdom

But if we aren't feverishly puffing away at cigs, how will any members of the public know we're writers and give us the proper degree of status and respect?

Yeah juuls aren’t really a “meme”. I graduated high school last year and if you walked into any of the schools bathrooms during class or passing period you would be literally guaranteed to walk in on a circle of kids juuling. My state raised the nic age to 21 to try and fight it but it didn’t make much of a difference for me since we lived a 20 min car drive away from a legal state. The mango pod ban is also pretty stupid since everyone I know now just vapes those high mg knock off lune pods or something equally random.

Personally I think it’s tough because who are we kidding, cigs are fucking nice. The smell and taste isn’t even that bad and I think kids start off juuling as a meme or because it’s cool or w/e and then try a cig because why not and realize they’re smooth as fuck and will get you a nice buzz going for 10x as long as a shitty juul. They also don’t make you look retarded like vaping does and in today’s hyper reality looking nice and edgy on your sinsta with a fag outweighs what they told you in the same dare class that said taking lsd ten times would make you “legally insane”.

This reads like it was written by someone who's early enough in his vices that they haven't yet caused any serious suffering. I'm not talking about hangovers and headaches or mild congestion.

I just think it's a shame that young people keep clinging to these vices not because they became addicted from their parents smoking, or because they came from a society where smoking was pervasive and normal (as I'm sure the writers you're imagining did), but because they think it's a meaningful accessory.

I get the romance of intentional self-destruction, but it's not worth it IMHO.

This reads like it was written by someone who was all dried up even when they were young.
And I'm definitely older than you, pathetic plebbit limpwrist.

how long have you been a smoker?

desu in uni this is the same shit just not as ambigous, my roommate had a vape thingy bullshit and it stuck for me but vapes taste like artifical dogshit dispenser so much so I throwup nearly everytime i hit any one of those vapes. Vapes taste so much like shit that It made me start trying parliaments....then i dropped those after trying some psychs and im happily sober now

i bought a pack while fucking wasted last saturday and smoking honestly hurts my tongue now
also i drank too much and puked... i can't drink or smoke anymore wtf

I've been smoking WEED for two and a half decades now faggot. 420 blaze it

Lucky you: pot smokers are known for their strong literary output.

I don't smoke because, for one I was raised in a christian household; for two I make only dollars a week; and for three I jog multiple times a week and it actually helps my brain sift through my creative thoughts like you wouldn't fucking believe, so obviously I need to keep my lungs strong and tarless.
If you need to smoke, it's because your body is already lacking something. Maybe you're getting too burned out over something or I don't know, you know your life better than I do.

>thinking the only form of smoking and tobacco consumption is inhaling smoke into your lungs

Oh hey, found you on google.

Attached: 6a00d8341bf7d953ef011570fec505970b-320wi.jpg (215x260, 13K)

zoom zoom

Pipe smoker here, I'm laughing at all of the ciggers in this thread.

Attached: 3j9ee3rgspo21.jpg (3968x2976, 1M)

that's really only if you smoke a lot. light smoking barely increases heart disease or cancer probability, can only really push you over the edge if you're already unhealthy. as long as you take care of your teeth and again don't smoke too often your teeth/mails won't go to shit.

haven't seen those in burgerland, they probably have them in tobacco shops but the markup would defeat the purpose of them being cheap.

thats a beautiful setup

>what are nitrates
>what are absurd amounts of sugar and fat
>what are huge portion sizes that lead to obeisity
Heart disease is the biggest killer here in burgerland and while smoking can cause it, it's pretty much always in fat people

yoo just get a juul bro fr fr haha looool niggas in here really be smelling like that stanky ass smoke damn b haha

die
reductivism is cancer

chill son fr

>reductivism is cancer

dunno what dat means

how about livid?

? bitch i ain't playing

Attached: Screenshot_20190328-215937.png (1644x2048, 1.56M)

>Paying to die sooner.
>Paying to get addicted.
>Paying to risk snowballing your addiction.
>Paying to turn into a coughing weakling.
>Paying to smell worse.
Hmmmmm...
Is being a complete cuck Yea Forums?

Attached: 44t5t5654h4ty4h6h456.jpg (800x800, 35K)

Attached: DUoDY6xVAAA8PG2.jpg (1600x1209, 475K)

More pro-smoking lit?

not on me sadly
read a lot though, went through a bad area in my life and needed to develop vices
this helps me justify it
its out there if you look, just like every other opinion

Attached: 1551211765828.jpg (2400x1528, 417K)

I smoke without filters because they don't actually do anything but dilute your smoke and burn it faster

>paying to test your vitality and will
now this is Yea Forums

this, I can't believe these cunts have to go this far to make up excuses for smoking.

what's wrong with smoking though?

No, I'm a lowerclass Australian, hence the meth addicts and resulting aversion. They would offer me cigarettes when I was walking home from primary school, but most of my family were smokers so I always refused simply on the basis of the smell, coughing, and expelment of tar. Recently smoking is no longer fashionable here, but in my class and age group it very much is (I'm 19). Elders tend to consider their health, breaking the habit if able.

I tried smoking because I enjoyed cigars.

I had dipped beforehand so I fucked up and didn't see if I could feel the nicotine.

I smoked 2 more that night and gave my pack to someone else.

If the stigma was gone then I'd most likely smoke again, but that was a few months ago. Haven't had any nicotine since. Overall 7/10, better than dipping.

I'm jealous.
Who cares?
I'll probably try smoking again just to try that.
Although I have no fucking clue where kino came from, I agree.
That's the spirit.
So?
Just die before then, simple.
kek
Smoking is cool, though.
The "cool" factor s that the people don't care about getting diseased.
Thing is, cool doesn't last forever.
Maybe then the stigma will be gone.
Dipping was meh at best for me, but I dipped Grizzly long cut wintergreen to start out with, only having smoked cigars before. Any recommendations for stuff that's actually pleasurable? Since dipping doesn't make me smell and I take good care of my teeth, I've been considering it.
Since smoking inhibits hunger, maybe we should just tell people to start smoking again. Unironically.
I'm pro-smoker even though I don't identify myself as one. Tired of all the shit they get for it.

>I'm pro-smoker even though I don't identify myself as one. Tired of all the shit they get for it.
Means a lot man

Attached: Sad cat.jpg (750x750, 67K)

Gov't propaganda is working, I see. Australian smoking laws are hot garbage. I can't believe we're paying $40 for 20 packs of absolute bottom-tier tobacco.

From what i've seen most people started smoking as a social thing and couldn't stop.As a 19 yo social outcast i see no reason to start smoking now(although i do smoke weed but havent tried a cig once)

I smoke a pipe sometimes. Am I cool? Sometimes I smoke cigars. I enjoy sitting outside and smoking.

>tfw picked a random brand and started smoking last year
>now smoking 10 cigarettes a day
>on the verge of accepting that my addition isn't ironic

Is it a German brand?

will smoking stop me from taking days or weeks off from writing at a time where I can't even be bothered to even lift up a pen?

>Judging people over consumer choices

I bet you also hate vegan proselytes, but you're not that far from them. Get a grip faggot, don't define yourself through consumer behaviors

When even body builders smoke tobacco then you know (((they))) have been lying to you

Attached: v2rlui1vxgz01.jpg (960x724, 67K)

>only 10 a day

it's no wonder you got niggered by 13%.

it pretty well could as it does for me.

all the anti-smokers here just have no idea. yes, of course I won't actively advise people to start smoking, since it is simply bad in so many ways and it feels immoral to shill it.
But: it's unironically the greatest pleasure I have in life (and I don't have a miserable, self-loathing life but quite a good stance actually), and if I could choose one "drug" for the rest of my life I'd choose cigarettes. just nothing comes close.

imagine being this onions, enjoy your clean air mouth-breather

look at this prole, financially secure and in the flush of his health. pathetic

>muh smoking causes cancer
Smoking does not cause cancer, period.
All claims alleging carcinogenicity stem from flawed non-randomized epidemiological studies, where the participants self-select. They seldom correct for lifestyle factors (occupational hazard, exercise, diet, alcohol consumption, etc). These are also contradicted by what are now referred to as the Japanese Smoker's Paradox studies of the late 90s and early 2000s.

There is not a single experimental study to date that shows tobacco smoking inducing cancer at statistically significant rates in any healthy test animal relative to control.
Dr. Whitby is a great resource for those who do not entirely understand the above. We still rely on the same sort of studies so his books are still valid.

>The Smoking Scare Debunked
wispofsmoke.net/PDFs/Whitby.pdf

>Smoking is Good For You
scribd.com/document/44685607/Smoking-is-Good-for-You-William-T-

I enjoy a bowl of pipe tobacco or a handful of unfiltered self-rolled cigarettes with organic tobacco everyday. It has only improved my health and life. I am happier and have less joint pain. It inclines the mind to contemplate deep philosophical questions.

Attached: smokepill.jpg (818x1428, 357K)

>i see no reason to start smoking now
Here's at least a dozen.

Attached: gwern nicotine.jpg (918x1035, 242K)

It is actually astonishing to me how poor the arguments against smoking are from those who vilify it. Honestly reminds me of hardcore homophobes

There are very rational reasons to be opposed to homosexuality. Your comparison is therefore faulty.