H. P. Lovecraft

>I do not regard the rise of woman as a bad sign. Rather do I fancy that her traditional subordination was itself an artificial and undesirable condition based on Oriental influences. Our virile Teutonic ancestors did not think their wives unworthy to follow them into battle, or scorn to dream of winged Valkyries bearing them to Valhalla. The feminine mind does not cover the same territory as the masculine, but is probably little if any inferior in total quality. To expect it to remain perpetually in the background in a realistic state of society is futile—despite the most feverish efforts of Nazis and Fascisti. However—it will be some time before women are sufficiently freed from past influences to form an active factor in national life. By the time they do gain influence, they will have lost many of the emotional characteristics which now impair their powers of judgment. Many qualities commonly regarded as innate—in races, classes, and sexes alike—are in reality results of habitual and imperceptible conditioning.
>Letter to Clark Ashton Smith (28 October 1934), in Selected Letters V, 1934-1937 edited by August Derleth and Donald Wandrei, p. 64
Well, Yea Forums? He just BTFO all the faggots and chapocels who call him an "incel" with this bit from a letter and by having a big titty Jewess wife. He didn't fit in their retarded burgerized stereotype. Thoughts?

Attached: Howard_Phillips_Lovecraft.jpg (300x443, 19K)

based satan digits

Fast forward to our current time, Xenofem, mommygfposter

?

he looks like he has large teeth
a megalodontic aspect, you might say

handsome fella wasnt he

>he didn't want to chain women to the kitchen

No, that's WHY he was an incel. Alphas accept that women are born slaves to men

>By the time they do gain influence, they will have lost many of the emotional characteristics which now impair their powers of judgment.
too bad we are already there and he was fucking wrong

This reminds me of a similar remark Nietzsche made, about how woman used to be the guardian of custom, and that in time she could become anything a man can be (except for the sexual part of course), but in between, before that happens, she will stop being guardian of custom without being quite equal to men yet, and that it will bring about lot of temporary but painful stupidity.

incels hate women, though. they'd do exactly that.

no

t. Sarah Susan Phillips

Women can be whatever she wants to be and populations and civilizations will collapse

what do you mean?

This discussion leads me to the author of my favourite cynical quotes, especially on women.

[Woman] is the beginning and the end--for us men, at any rate. In and by themselves they are nothing.
- August Strindberg, "To Damascus"

If incels should be praising any writer, it's this guy. He despised all women in his life, especially his mother and his first wife, Siri von Essen. And he didn't mind expressing his feelings. He also adored women, not for the persons they were, but for the woman in them.

Although he at least partially supported women's rights, he believed men and women to be inherently different to say the least. Both unable to understand each other, only able to experience and be disappointed. Overall. women weren't people in the same sense as men were. Worthy of adoration, but despicable in every aspect you would judge a man.

I think that Strindberg's view of women is very ambiguously perceived. Anyone's opinion, if their own, is probably unique.

Attached: 6815.jpg (164x266, 10K)

But I love my mother

>12699666

Attached: AD4F7251-E7AA-40E5-ACBB-E51CB87E495B.jpg (1200x1200, 295K)

>Many qualities commonly regarded as innate—in races, classes, and sexes alike—are in reality results of habitual and imperceptible conditioning.
this is especially surprising
did he change his mind on races or something?

Robert E. Howard believed the same thing but he was forced to write them as useless holes because pulp readers of the time wouldn't accept it. Of course Robert was an incel himself.

>Howard is only known to have had one girlfriend in his life, Novalyne Price.
Does "incel" mean anything anymore? Any loner = muh incel buzzword.

In Queen of the Black Coast, Conan is hen-pecked by a naked jewish whore who surrounds herself with black men.

Not true, it's a queen with warriors.

>occult numbers
>occult author
>occult subject
wom*n are the spawn of satan confirmed

Attached: check_this_out_lucifer.jpg (320x306, 21K)

>666
Lovecraft at it again

Cyclopean

>queen
Who was a shemite (jewish whore)
>warriors
A pack of Shaka negroids

bump

can you really call him an incel when he was lusted over to such an extent he was literally forced to fuck his wench who might I add, said he satisfied her?

Incel is a plebbit buzzword, it literally comes from a shithole from there, and Lovecraft wasn't by any means one of them.

It became Yea Forums-esque when it started offending redditors.

incel is a better word than "virgin" or "permavirgin" to attack r9k-types, thats why use of incel is so widespread now
who cares if its a reddit word

>who cares if its a reddit word
t. plebbitor

Attached: 1464883109399.jpg (500x492, 52K)

>The first online community to use the term "incel" was started in 1993 when a Canadian college student known only by her first name, Alana, created a website in order to discuss her sexual inactivity with others. The website, titled "Alana's Involuntary Celibacy Project", was used by people of all genders to share their thoughts and experiences. In 1997, she started a mailing list on the topic that used the abbreviation INVCEL, which was later shortened to "incel", where it was defined as "anybody of any gender who was lonely, had never had sex or who hadn't had a relationship in a long time".[22] During her college career and after, she realized she was queer, and became more comfortable with her identity. She later gave the site to a stranger. When speaking about the website in 2018, Alana said, "It definitely wasn't a bunch of guys blaming women for their problems. That's a pretty sad version of this phenomenon that's happening today. Things have changed in the last 20 years."
>tfw the original incel was a girl

Attached: 1551370846777.jpg (766x630, 73K)

I agree with that.

Which of these options should I get:

Three paperback Penguins Classics of Lovecraft
>pros
Annotations by S T Joshi, thicker paper than below editions.
>cons
Not as complete as the editions below (this may not be a con if the omissions are shit), not sturdy.

Barnes and Nobles 2011
>pros
Complete with the exception of poetry and collaborations, introductions by S T Joshi
>cons
No annotations by Joshi, not as sturdy as Knickerbocker.

Knickerbocker
>pros
Sturdy with sewn bindings and a box.
>cons
No annotations and/or introductions to each story.
>ambiguous
Not sure if the stories are based on Joshi's restored original Lovecraft texts, or the false pulp edits.

All options where I live will be similar price range. I know Joshi's restorations of texts are extremely important, but are his introductions and/or annotations helpful?