I'd like your honest opinions on this guy...

I'd like your honest opinions on this guy. I've been really underwhelmed with his work and I'm curious who feels the same.

Attached: charles-bukowski.jpg (1200x799, 115K)

A witty angry retard.

pleb trash

Shit

He's not interesting and his prose is not good. He seems to speak to a certain kind of disenfranchised, white loser. Congrats to him for that, I guess?

I couldn't get through Post Office. Why?

in the top 10 worst things to have happened to poetry

retard

It's because you don't know how to read.

he's shit
but some people will wtill tell you 'oh you say that he's shit because you still haven't read [enter tandom Buko title here]'
proceed to read said work, it's shit again
the issue is that you'll end up reading his complete works

ham on rye is fantastic

i started reading him in my late teenage years and it changed my view on reading. until then i had though the reading was a though job, something i couldn't enjoy. the best thing about bukowski is that he points you toward other authors. He made me read hamsun, fante, celine, mccullers, Dostojevski, thurber, andersson, neruda and turgenev. in every one of these writers i found pieces i could pick out and use in my everyday life. it made me interested in reality instead of scared and it made me want to write. piss on him all you want. he was right and you are and will always be wrong

It's nothing special. Only has his fame because he had a hard life.

How big was his pebis? I imagine it was quite small, dark, wrinkly, and smelly, barely protruding from his junglous pubes, with a long, loose foreskin.

Its really nothing that special but he has his own niche category. Basically if you've read one book, you've read them all.

you haven't read his stuff then. its about 8 inches and veiny as fuck

He's comfy. I like that big book of short stories he did. All of his stuff is fun, but gets pretty repetitive.

>
>"hi.", I said
>""you eat pussy?", she slurred, her breath heavy with garlic
>she grabbed my penis, but let go after a minute of tugging, as I remained flaccid
>"ah, you're alright." she said, patting me on the back
>I knew it was time to go
>I made my way to the door, taking as many vodka singles as my pockets could carry, on my way out

I mean, no, he's not "profound" in some grand insight about disliking getting up in the morning. He is entertaining.

Most young men that read go through a Bukowski phase and I was no different. about 5% of his short stories are worth reading.

Women is garbage

The only Bukowski fan I ever met was a bipolar alcoholic whore who was also into Tom Robbins

based, redpilled and cringe at the same time

I literally read this in Bukowski’s voice

Literally the male equivalent of Rupi Kaur, men can't accept it but Bukowski does the masculine equivalent of writing about his periods.

hangovers are way more interesting than periods though

I liked his prose until i read Celine and realised he was basically just a burger/boomer imitator of him.Bukowski is alright,a sell out milk toast version of Celine and a shitty clone of Allen Ginsberg (who is shit in the first place),but other than that rather inoffensive if you like beat literature.
If you like the beats and 50's american literature,read Kerouac or Confederacy of Dunces.If you want nihilism and a look into a shitty hopeless reality,read Journey to the end of the night.Bukowski is so disappointing,he is the snobbish literary bourgeoisie he hated.

This.
I've been saying "Instagram poetry is just Bukowski but even shittier and with trite self-help shit thrown in" for years. Also "Instagram poetry is just shitty Creeley".

Attached: March 4th., I965.png (843x1017, 1.45M)

I watched Californication when I was 16 and I thought I was cool for knowing who he is and reading Factotum. His works are absolute trash, they do not deserve making your brain form the words he put on paper inside your head.

From what he's had to say about it, it's between 4 and 8 inches and smells like an onion. He also has huge balls.

I've only read Ham on Rye (which I thought was good), but he kind of reminds me of Kuerak - he's not really there to blow your mind. He's not telling an epic story, he's just giving you a little slice. To me he's more of a writer that writes for the sake of writing.

I always loved and found powerful "Find what you love and let it kill you."

It's much easier/fun to criticize than praise, and you can tell the level of mind the criticism is coming from, infinitely more vapid than any sort of snobbish superiority complex. Or, look at it like this, in a thousand years who will more likely be remembered? Who will have made more of a contribution? Charles or OP? Honestly?

Not sure where you get that I'm "infinitely more vapid than any sort of snobbish superiority complex". I just said I was underwhelmed.

Sorry I don't think your favourite author is the best thing since sliced bread. You said you'd read one of his books, right? For you to so vehemently defend an author you're barely familiar with you must be borderline illiterate.