Hello, you might recognize me. I don't post often, but I'm looking for more authors to read...

Hello, you might recognize me. I don't post often, but I'm looking for more authors to read. It might be a bit weeb-ish to say, but all the Japanese authors I have read so far have excellent works. Got any recs for older japanese books/authors?

My main likes are the popular ones, Dazai, Mishima, Soseki. I've been looking into Kawabata and wanted to know if he's any good.

Attached: Yukio_Mishima.jpg (250x203, 17K)

also general fiction thread. :>

Attached: Osamu_Dazai1928.jpg (226x354, 33K)

Kawabata is the best imo.

Ogai. 舞姫 (I don’t know the peasant mutt-tongue name)

I've heard of him, I should try to get into him. Got any certain pertaining to him?

Hey pewdiepie, big fan here. Pewds, read the collected fictions of BORGES and get into magical realism. I know you’ll love it, he isn’t a web but South Americans

Fuck T-Series. I’m still saving my sub for when the time is right.

Try Nichiren.

I don't find it likely that pewdiepie would make a thread, prefacing it with the fact that we might recognize him. I assume a big appeal of Yea Forums to him is the anonymity.

Yeah, he's not a faggot that uses emojis over text, surely

OP never implied he was Pewdipie.

I just said you they might recognize me bc I post the same kind of pics of the same authors, and generally talk about the same books. Have had people recognize me before because of what I posted, granted it was only a day or two between each post.

Well anyways, I say read Nichiren if you haven't. That's my suggestion.

Attached: letters-of-nichiren-burton-watson.jpg (463x676, 25K)

i looked him up and bookmarked a book by him i plan on ordering on my next book order.

"Writings of Nichiren Daishonin Vol 1" if that's a good one

Yeah, that's a collection of his major teachings. It's a good one.

heretic b/s

read Akutagawa, Tanizaki and co.
also read The Way of Deliverance by Hanayama.

>Kawabata
Snow country
>Tanizaki
Some prefer nettles or Naomi
>Oe
Silent cry
>kobo
Friends

I genuinely loved Thousand Cranes. It actually made my heart feel some ineffable thing. Can't wait to read the rest of his works

Also, any works similar to and/or influenced by Kawabata? Something about Kawabata's style and themes and emotion really connects with me

I read The Sailor Who Fell from Grace with the Sea and it was boring as shit and have no interest in jp authors now.

FUCK Pewdiepie and FUCK zoomers
I hope Youtube deletes his shitty channel once Based Pajeet-Series passes it in subs

what the fuck

I ordered Naomi a few months back, not half bad. I bookmarked snow country, so I plan on trying to order it when I order Writings of Nichiren Daishonin. I was thinking about getting "A Quiet Life" by Oe, or "Nip the buds, shoot the kids." I haven't heard of kobo, if he any good?

Attached: 10444.jpg (225x333, 27K)

I was sort of the same way with the temple of the golden pavilion. It was very good at the start and end of the book, but I feel like Mishima just didn't have some spunk or somethin' towards the middle of the book. While it was a very good book, I can definitely point flaws at it. I plan on trying to read another of his books in hopes it'll be better.

Attached: Osamu_Dazai_in_High_School.jpg (683x1037, 165K)

I'm the same way with dazai. Anything that's been translated I've either read or am currently reading. I plan on checking out Kawabata, I saw some of his prose and it looks extremely interesting to me.

Attached: books-by-Japanese-authors-osamu-dazai.png (900x624, 496K)

I can recommend you personally Master of Go, Thousand Cranes, and Snow Country by Kawabata. Look into Tanizaki and Akutagawa, too. Kenzaburo Oe is also considered to be the successor to that group of writers but I haven't read anything by him.
For older work, I would start going backwards little by little. Maybe start with Love Suicides at Sonezaki. Eventually you will have to read Genji and Heike Monogatari because all of literature after that usually references those two in some way.