So now that Korea has established itself as the foremost country with respect to cinema and music...

so now that Korea has established itself as the foremost country with respect to cinema and music, how long until they do the same with literature?

Attached: 1551647280756.jpg (4032x2688, 658K)

Using the word literature does not make this a lit thread

Nice feet

go back to your kpop general

We can make it a literature thread, though. The Story of Hong Gildong is great. It's also short enough to finish in one day.

Yes, I'm aware that nobody gives an actual shit about Korean literature and I'll never meme this book enough to get even a single person here to read it.

Attached: story of hong gildong cover.jpg (327x499, 43K)

Korean media is awful

koreans are all the worst features of white people with none of the good features

North Korean media is based

i just put it on my amazon list of books to buy user. i'll get to it eventually, thanks for the rec.

koreans have to use plastic surgery to compete with chinese girls
never even started

>namefags the trip instead of tripping
>not the tripcode of the tripfag being imitated
genuinely spicy

South Korea's society is dead inside so any literature they'll create will be popcultural garbage.

why is this kind of post allowed?

Chinese girls all have mustaches and their teeth look like they just got done eating a whole package of tootsie rolls

but those feet are all natural and that's what matters

This

Mods are shit

Wrong, the surgery is to compete with southeast asians. Chinawomen are generally ugly.

Korea rangwaej saiyantifikŭr soupiriŏr

The Vegetarian by Han Kang is pretty good.

>it's this thread again

Chinese girls are even uglier than Koreans, Japan and central Asia have the cutest girls.

Came to post this

The K-Pop obsession seems almost as all-consuming as the furry obsession. Even your typical weeb isn't as obsessed as your typical koreaboo.

What is it about this shit that fills such a gaping void in your existence? And how did you come to have such a gaping void to begin with?

Attached: 1518057281293.jpg (400x510, 22K)

Kpop blows large ass

>any Korean with artistic and literary ambitions goes to film
>deficiency of good translators and interest in Korean lit
>Korean population as a whole just doesn't care much for literature or something that can't be put on screen

t. Korean

Yes it is you're thinjing of fake butterfly

Post the webms of the one that acts like a dyke or them being anime-character cute in front of the cameras please thanks

What's it about?

The illegitimate son of a lord and a concubine has magic powers and becomes Korean Robin Hood, but also works to restore filial piety to his disgraced father.

>Population as a whole doesn't care much for literature
Did you see the size of the book stores ? It's just freaking huge and there are like 10 of them in Seoul
Korea putting scholars to such a high pedestal it's not surprising that Koreans care about literature.
The real problem is really the lack of good translators.
If we talk about Korean classics, good luck to find a foreigner that can speak Korean well and can also read the hanja with the Chinese grammar.
If we talk about modern literature there are so many things to do.
I major in Korean philosophy and here are only 3 teachers in all of France that would be able to hold my thesis.
I know at least 3 major university here that are actively looking for French who would be able to teach Korean at university. We have a few Koreans that speak French, but not the other way around Koreanology has been underestimated for a long time. We have more books about vietnam, thailand and other south asian countries than Korea it's a bit absurd.

Tripfag outed as a commie.

Koreans use plastic surgery to compete with Japanese girls, the only non-south East Asians who actually look good.

go back to eat spicy cabbage, insect

>SEA
Post proof.

>Tripfag

No it's not. It's so bad I couldn't finish it and it's not a long book.

>South korea
>late capitalist hellscape
>foremost country with respect to cinema and music
>cookie cutter boy bands and pop groups
>bland generic movie scene
I think not

Chan-wook Park, Joon-ho Bong, the list goes on...

Came to post this

>late capitalist hellscape
go back

i'm the real butterfly incel

this nigga thinks that they still bind feet in china
read a history book sweatie

Hehe, you called yourself an incel.

It's a great book.
If you're interested in poetry, there a few Korean ones that are great but they aren't translated.

One can be found in
Sources of Korean Tradition, Vol. 2 which is a savage poetical satire of the 20th century called “Five Bandits”

There's another about a Korean woman's lament poem for her dead husband Eung-tae

Sounds like shit. What makes it worthwhile?

It's an entertaining adventure story.
If you like Sun Wukong and Chinese tales, this might be up your alley.

If I remember, there's another book on Korean fairy tales that looked interesting that I never got to read
Korean Folk & Fairy Tales by Suzanne Han.

>If you like Sun Wukong and Chinese tales, this might be up your alley.
Never heard of them
>It's an entertaining adventure story
That doesn't sound like anything special to me. Oh well