People either love him or hate him in my experience. I love the guy and the book...

People either love him or hate him in my experience. I love the guy and the book, what are your reasons for loving or hating the book?

Attached: 5698BF8D-5084-4D8C-AF44-7DF75EA8E2D4.jpg (1653x2560, 499K)

I assume 85% of the people who'll respond to this thread have not even read that book (tomb), so you'll not get a meaningful answer.

it was my favorite book my senior year of high school immediately after reading it. i still consider it bretty gud but it honestly just pales compared to some of its predecessors (the works of pynchon, mccarthy, barth etc)

It’ll be easy weeding out the wheat from the chaff, I understand the amount of replies will be summary readers. Thanks for the heads up anyway!

I’m assuming this wasn’t a class reading, how long did it take you to read and what was your favorite “part” of the book?

It's just a funny, "deep" book that makes you >feel, and is also sort of daring/experimental.
It's also most Yea Forums-esque book i've ever read (aside from A Confderacy of Dunces).

Both of you need to fucking kill yourselves and then fuck off back to you know where! :)

Do you mean tome?

It's not released in my native language and i'm not THAT good at English to completely understand material.

>it was my favorite book my senior year of high school

Is pic related you user?

Attached: Infinite Jest guy.png (1920x1080, 427K)

i'm a pretty slow reader, i got through it in roughly two months. as much as i appreciate the more serious/sincere aspects of the novel, my favorite bits are still the little comedic details (the wheelchair assassins, the great concave/convex etc) also the famous weed chapter always hit a little too close to home.

Why did he kill himself bros?

Because he read his own book.

nah, but close enough.

I unironically enjoyed the cetology chapters of Moby-Dick and the Waterloo chapters of Les Miserables.

But I absolutely fucking despise the endnotes gimmick. I thoroughly enjoyed The Broom of the System, though, as well as his essay on television and irony. So I still like him as an author even if I'm a contrarian about his magnum opus.
Lifelong depression and developing an immunity to his anti-depressants.

did he ever mention when did his depression start?

At least as far back as his college days when he was addicted to drugs and shoved Mary Karr out of a moving car.

Just by looking at his face you can tell that he is a hack and most likely a sexual predator. Thats my reasoning not reading Infinite jest

Attached: dfw.jpg (500x345, 131K)

>4 if you count I read IJ twice

Attached: this doggy.jpg (412x388, 21K)

I'm about halfway through it. Love it so far.
Favorite part = the game of eschaton
Favorite character = Eric Clipperton
Favorite James Incandenza Film = The Medusa vs. The Odalisque.

He's the Joe Rogan of literature. Full stop.

author must be attractive and charming to have something to say. attractive & charismatic people have an experience of reality worth reading about

this never happened

T.me/v200000

Attached: image.jpg (467x260, 38K)