Books to achieve Spengler's level of eredution?

One thing I noticed about Spengler'a books is that beside his theories, which one might disagree with, he possessed an insane amount of knowledge. From science, to math, to musical theory, to history. I was surprised by how he could drop precise facts about how exactly Rome was in a set time, for example. If he was alive today I feel he would know even more precise stuff.
Any books on different fields to achieve a level of erudition similar to him? Possibly technical books for example on anatomy, history etc...
No meme books like Sapiens, Pinker etc

Attached: 1550336012556.png (429x584, 261K)

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.org/details/in.ernet.dli.2015.234117/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

1) Don't be a brainlet

A Thousand Plateaus (not memeing)

What a weird title for a book

It's not about acquiring information, it's about knowing how to acquire them and creating connection between them

I can already do that, that's a skill. He obviously was very smart, but it's true old education was way better than current one, so I'm wondering which books should I read to learn about things

Like what did he read? And what's something similar made after his death (when it comes to ancient cultures we discovered later, or things like zoology, anatomy and the like?)

>come up with self-evident thesis
>predict a bunch of dumb shit
>internet sperglords latch on to your predictions because the muh societal collapse narrative is a convenient excuse for their own lack of accomplishment in life
not that hard desu, also maybe shave your head

To an ant blades of grass must seem like skyscrapers, and puddles of water like oceans.

What have you achieved in your life user?

>I was surprised by how he could drop precise facts about how exactly Rome was in a set time,
pretty much anyone who recieves a classical education can do that desu, lousy italians who have done liceo classico know every retarded piece of information about rome or ancient greece yet they cant solve an integral.
>old education was way better than current one
it was more tied to social class, so if you were upper class/ bougie you had better education compared to today's upper classes, whereas if you were a pleb the opposite was true, also upper class babbys often inherited libraries from their fathers. one must also not forget that there was more incentive in terms of symbolic capital in having a classical education: in the days past all the intelligentsia knew greek and latin and had a gapless, albeit a bit superficial and generalistic, knowledge about the history of phil. to give you the idea, gentile designed the fascist education system so that only people who were classically educated could go to university. back then, not having a classical culture was like not being able to operate a computer or not knowing english today.

>pretty much anyone who recieves a classical education can do that desu, lousy italians who have done liceo classico know every retarded piece of information about rome or ancient greece yet they cant solve an integral.
Total bullshit since I'm italian and I know a lot of guys who did the classico. They are absolute subhumans in both mind and body. Ignorant, pretentious, boring etc...
High school teaches you nothing.

I'm also Italian and I also did Classico. I can assure that people who actually studied (obviously people who frequent the school but don't actually study anything don't know shit, how could they) can namedrop every retarded piece of information about Rome that you can think of. However this doesn't mean that they aren't pretentious and boring (that was my point, to remark how repeating stuff about Rome isn't all that impressive). Notionism and intelligence don't often mix.

Non ho tempo ora di risponderti, ma hai letto Spengler?

Kek

Ho letto vari scritti (eg roba su marx) ma non ho mai letto il tramonto dell'occidente.

Sono OP, leggilo (traduzione di Evola, rivisitata da traduttori che hanno solo corretto il piccolo autismo di Evola) e capirai che l'erudizione di Spengler è tutto fuorché insegnata al liceo

Bump

Threads about Spengler never last.
Unfortunately only a handful of anons here have actually read him.

Since you have read him, can you answer OP's question?

That's because there is no easy way to read him. I'm not destroying my eyes reading a pdf of his work on a screen.

No, I can't.
The closest thing I can offer is to go to Spengler's wikipedia page and click 'show' influences.
Leo Frobenius, Johann Joachim Winckelmann and Ernst Mach seem promising from a cursory look at the list.

Read original sources

Ask on /his/ for sites

Use Gutenberg and Libgen (Not the first link you get on google for the second one because that's a mexican virus)

Read encyclopedias that go through subjects chronologically

>Ask on /his/ for sites
I think /his/ is retarded

>Read encyclopedias that go through subjects chronologically
Some good examples?

Honestly idk I read those colorful DK ones recently published but even those are pretty shitty and the writing is reddit-tier, any encyclopedia works, check on the sites I gave you and pick them by the description and contents on your own intuition

/his/ isn't retarded if you spam it well enough

I already know those sites, I was a /g/entooman before Yea Forums.
An example of books I liked so you can help me more:
Neuropsychology of anxiety
The ring of king Salomon by Konrad Lorenz
The art of electronics

Look for the latest publications on ancient civilization in book and journals. I know that Crete is having some interesting new research.

archive.org/details/in.ernet.dli.2015.234117/

Glubb's Fate of Empires

Orpheus and the Roots of Platonism
The Enneads
Collected Works of Pseudo-Dionysius
The Horse, the Wheel, and Language.
Daniel J. Boorstin's trilogy that starts with "The Discoverers"
The Evolution of Medieval Thought
History and the Enlightenment
Humans From Nothing to Now
The History of Economic Thought from an Austrian Perspective
Incerto series