What is your excuse for not reading horus heresy?

Book 54 just came out

Attached: BLPROCESSED-The-Buried-Dagger-Cover.jpg (650x822, 163K)

I don't want to invest any time in reading extending lore descriptions for a tabletop war game.

But it’s good lore, that could stand alone.

I am not a manchild

>Reading books for the lore
Do fa/tg/uys really do this?

Ive read the first two they was allrite

call me brainlet but my drunk ass may order the first two and see if they help jumpstart my reading habit again.

Just torrent them all. Don’t give games workshop a penny of your money

Nobody has ever seen a person reading Horus Heresy and thought 'yes, this is a cultured and intelligent individual.'

Or "yes, this guy fucks".

Attached: fuckman.jpg (300x300, 14K)

>good lore
>warhammer 40k
pick one

No its a fucking mess and big chunks of it need to be willfully ignored for it to make sense.
Its not as trashy as world of warcraft but it sure is trying.

>"I've read all 54 books of the Horus Heresy"
What kind of person do you imagine, Yea Forums?

Underweight, super hero T-shirt, very loud and socially unaware, wears a copy of tracer's headphones of overwatch.

from*

a handsome fit rich educated intellectual

>tfw most 40k books are absolute garbage and i cant stop reading them because i find the universe so interesting.

Attached: apu.png (657x527, 13K)

battle of the fang, ahriman trilogy, night lords trilogy are absolute masterpieces.

you have shit taste if you think 40k books are garbage

Kindly list five of our favourite novels (all novels, not 40k ones)

Whenever doing this kind of thing I mentally combine Comic Book Guy from the Simpsons with the photo of the leather jacketed fedora'd guy with a katana

path of heaven, master of mankind, praetorian of dorn, flight of eisenstein, wolfsbane

Eh the HH series is extremely hit or miss, tho the early books are a lot better. Maybe cause they came out before they realised the cash cow on their hands? Anyway, if you want to read the HH and avoid the crud this list is a good starting guide.

Horus Rising
False Gods
Galaxy In Flames
Fulgrim
A thousand sons (The best in the whole HH)

Their are others I could suggest, but if you get through those and still arent into it then I doubt you have much hope.

Your favourite novels are literally all 40k tie-ins?

Amazing

why else would you read literature?

they are 30k books.

30k and 40k are different

>Book 54 just came out

There's my excuse.

my old man read at least like 30 of them and he has a masters degree in celular biology, he has some custom made Ultramarines t-shirts he wears when he goes to give lectures at the Uni.

that is a lame excuse

Personal growth.

I have issues with multiple cooks in the kitchen with that sort of thing
some are solid others are bad, I have a passing interest and the Cain novels for instance are fun at first but they're so fucking repetitive. I think 1d4chan said something about the repeated phrases and I didn't think'd it would bother me but it's really fucking prevalent

A chad Imperial Fist player

Aren't they making 40k more "tame"? I heard they are making the Empire less authoritarian.

I love the universe, and I want to read more than just the wikis. Give me the best books in the entire 40K library, ones that have really crazy chaos demon shit and exterminatus orders and everything

Battle of the Fang

Hard to say
GW has always wanted kids because more money and there's always been a Imperium bias
so people were saying they were going to shitcan Slaneesh and they released a new kid set for the first time in like a decade or some shit

>Book 54

no thanks

That’s foolish nonsense. No kids parents she’ll out the kind of money long term to pay for anything games workshop peddles. Their market demographic are the 30+ crowd with disposable income for frivolous shit and they know it

Anything after book 1 is complete shit

There was this abomination.
>Life in the 41st millennium is hard.

But I only played Fantasy, so I, uh, haven't been keeping up with the whole thing very much.

Attached: Warhammer_adventures.jpg?resize=1200%2C675&ssl=1.jpg (1200x675, 74K)