When did you realize Plato and Whitehead were right about everything and that stars are alive?

When did you realize Plato and Whitehead were right about everything and that stars are alive?

Attached: al5.jpg (190x253, 8K)

Other urls found in this thread:

wn.rsarchive.org/Books/GA011/English/RSPI1959/GA011_c14.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>alive
>responsiveness to the environment, growth and change, ability to reproduce, have a metabolism and breathe, maintain homeostasis, being made of cells, and passing traits onto offspring.

Never and neither did Plato nor Whitehead.

Go back to bed, Dawkins.

plato believed nature, including stars, were ensouled. we can haggle about the definition but lol if you don't think stars have a life cycle.

How do stars reproduce into others stars?
Ensouled doesn't mean alive. Doen't the soul continue on after the body it has inhabited has died? Consciousness shouldn't be described as being alive.

What are stars, bros? What's their purpose, their telos? Why do they exist at all? And in such an uncountable number?

as central sources of illumination in their respective systems, and models for self-integration

>bro what is pragmatics

nature doesnt have a telos u retard

lol sure

Where can I read about stars being alive

At the time Ptolemy wrote his Almagest, scientists used the Planets positions to predict weather.

Who knows, there could be some truth to that. That’s the magic of astrology really, it may be divine, there might be some material connections with our existence and their positioning we are not aware of yet. That’s why it’s so fascinating.

Fechner

literally everything in nature has a telos

Attached: C85F1E45-A510-47F8-A560-78D9DCD45BF2.jpg (550x543, 83K)

>a school bus has a telos because its full of living things

They also produce the metals of the world.

>the magic of astrology
Do you think that the time of our birth carries any significance?

nah, man
stars, as societies, have subjectivity i.e. a perspective upon their environment and some vague, uniform feeling of the past and an anticipation for the future; but no, they aren't alive

what is life?

bump

It definitely does. I can tell different signs apart from each other.

My favorite star is Sirius, the Dog Star, used in Canis Major

Okay but what is the actual deal with Saturn?

I know whitehead isn't a panpsychist, but I really don't care, at both ends of the scale, from simple societies to humans, I believe there is a form of life or presence in stars that rightly qualifies as godhood

where can I find his writings on angels?

wn.rsarchive.org/Books/GA011/English/RSPI1959/GA011_c14.html

Attached: ahriman begone.png (1280x798, 925K)

So whats your Sun/Moon sign?

how you define "alive"?

What about Uranus?

Leo. >:3