Why hasn't there been a decent Crime and Punishment film yet? It has the potential to be one of the best kinos

Why hasn't there been a decent Crime and Punishment film yet? It has the potential to be one of the best kinos.

Attached: dream-movie2.jpg (715x1150, 135K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/uZM7Avcwn30
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Dostoevsky's plots are thrilling and captivating, and that's good for a film, but how do you transfer the rest of the experience?

“Idiot” was made into a TV series with a number of top Russian actors, but the result turned out to be more melodramatic than existential.

bump

>you can't adapt a Dosto book into a good fi-

Attached: file.png (960x1440, 2.42M)

>japs

Attached: hitler-disgusted.jpg (711x540, 52K)

>hitler
>disliking japs

Attached: file.png (634x727, 908K)

>sasha grey as sonya

The character is supposed to be meek and sweet and guileless

She was, she was just a victim of circumstance much like Sonya herself.

Attached: sasha-abused.png (755x901, 602K)

bump

>b- but... sasha grey is pure!
>my waifu ;_;

How is this? I've heard a lot of the content got cut. Also, is the very relevant christianism of the novel present?

>TMZ created by Harvey Levin
>Levin was born September 2, 1950, in Los Angeles County, California to a Jewish family.

There was an excellent and very faithful TV movie done almost 20 years ago in 2002, not to be confused with a proper film which came out the same year. The good adaptation I refer to had Ian McDiarmid as Porfiry, investigator. They got every relevant detail right. You just don't know about it because you haven't actually watched multiple adaptations, and haven't put any real effort toward answering your rhetorical question.

I feel like it would be hard to convey a lot of raskol's internals, how would they do this?

Hannah Hays would be a perfect Sonya.

>not Krystal Boyd

Attached: angelica-ebbi-full-set-007.jpg (900x900, 112K)

The Double by the IT crowd autist was decent enough

The Machinist was influenced by Dostoevsky, the main charcter can even be seen reading The Idiot and Crime and Punishment.

more like crime and idiot punishment lmao

wasnt there a miniseries that was pretty good?

Attached: crime.jpg (386x281, 49K)

I watched this some while ago but you'll have to find a subtitled version or know Russian

youtu.be/uZM7Avcwn30

There is, and it's a great film
Whispering Pages by Alexander Sokurov

John Simm as Raskolnikov?
Also pic related

Attached: pickpocket-1200-1200-675-675-crop-000000.jpg (1200x675, 121K)