What are some good books about operators operating operationally...

What are some good books about operators operating operationally? Specifically in the post apocalypse but just being tacticool would be fine. It seems like most books about post apocalytia are about your average joe who "just so happens to be" ultra passive and non-violent to beat you over the head with the "violence is bad and led to this shithole in the firstplace." Not that it's inherently bad, just not for me.

Attached: 1550532675205.jpg (1920x1920, 286K)

Other urls found in this thread:

goodreads.com/book/show/96490.Licensed_to_Kill
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Attached: EABB1C19-6C18-4753-B25E-AD1D822B0E45.jpg (222x293, 9K)

...What?

Attached: 8ECDB572-81DB-4744-8A8A-B6602581F8E7.gif (652x562, 392K)

>What are some good books about operators operating operationally?
I... huh?

Attached: 445460ED-D174-4A85-B7DE-623174410F35.jpg (173x163, 7K)

This is the most gen z post ever. Did you watch a video about navy seals on JewTube and now want to join the military, kid?

I take it none of you browse /k/ very much?

I try to stay away from shitholes.

Nice /k/ crossposting. Would be interested in that kind of book as well.

I just don't understand the vibe I'm getting from these posts that it's somehow weird to read for fun and not something philisophical all the time.

>your average joe who "just so happens to be" ultra passive and non-violent

I don't know what this means. If you want your book about to be commercially successful, the characters who use force have to accept Christian or other acceptable morality, and they have to be fighting for "the good guys." If they are unwilling to accept a clear delineation between right and wrong then it ain't gonna sell.

Attached: 25332734[1].jpg (297x475, 50K)

>operator = some military guy whose good.
>operating = what they're good at
>operationally = just a goof.

Read a handful of hard men and stop making /k/ crossposters look like faggots

I'm the resident /k/ommando here and you seem like a gay. Maybe try the a boy and his dog series by harlan ellison. It was all released in one volume called Blood's a Rover recently. Also read blood meridian. Fine other books that start with the word blood, I guess :)

Attached: 20190126_000831.jpg (1385x1079, 1.07M)

>I'm the resident /k/ommando here
No one cares fag, now you as annoying if not more than OP

Operating is a fantasy. Read Killing time in Iraq by Colby Buzzel. Maybe some of his short stories will be closer to what you want.

/K/ is pretty good, but there isn't a lot of overlap user-wise with Yea Forums.

Oh no some redditor thinks I've embarrassed myself anonymously :(

Maybe start with non-fiction:
goodreads.com/book/show/96490.Licensed_to_Kill

Post apocalypse scenarios will be very different depending on how many days/years it has been since the boogaloo.

Nope I said you were annoying.
You're using the boards you frequent as a point of authority and you're acting like you're the only person from /k/ to ever come here.

I am literally (figuratively) the only person from /k/ who has ever come here, I'm also unironically (literally (literally)) a better poster than you (you) who had recommended OP absolutely nothing while I have recommended two books. I'm now going to accuse you (you) of being nogunz

Attached: 1548202550511.png (493x460, 268K)

TOM CLANCY YOU FUCKING NIGGER

>stop making /k/ crossposters look like faggots
that's gonna be hard to do.
they sorta bring it upon themselves.

The theory of linear operators is quite complex OP I would recommend significant background in introductory undergrad math before studying them.

>Don Quijote

Attached: 1551030181182.jpg (680x447, 26K)

Youre looking for books in which the protagonist is capable and knowledgeable in high pressure situations. Read the Bond books, its exactly what youre looking for. No country for old men, too.

>/k/ommando
In English we say faggot

>its a sniveling simpering limp dick bong posr
Imagine being a perpetually assblasted slave who has a pavlovian reflex to whine like a woman at the mere mention of weapons

Imagine being a faggot. How small is your dick that you are into guns?

>OI MOIGHT
>YOO UTTAH UTTAH MONG
>NECK YUHSELF CUNT
>BLOODY DICKS IS WHAT I THINK ABOUT ALL DAY MATE, BLOODY DICKS
>YOU PRICK
>YOU UTTAH CUNT

Attached: lololol.png (1100x763, 634K)

>he goes to the woods with other men, no girls allowed, and they sit around gazing at each other before sucking each others dicks

Imagine having to be this guy

Attached: stock-photo-winter-mountain-fun-joy-girls-skiing-selfie-snowboarding-laughing-901c7bc3-997b-4699-9c6 (640x480, 92K)

>he has no rebuttal, acknowledging his homosexuality
How much AIDS do you get on a typical trip to the gun range? Like a full Freddie Mercury dose, or can you control it with Prep?

imagine acting like this because someone owning a tool actually, legitimately offends and even terrifies you

Attached: thumb_1496883501_HYSTERICAL.jpg (250x180, 17K)

Your choice of lifestyle doesn't offend or terrify me, I wish you and your burly bearded chums well. Y'all kinda cute with the erstatz macho stuff. Play with your tools until you can't take anymore, but remember to play safe!

Baby wanna binky?

Oh you kinky bitch! Maybe start this thread on /k/ where seething homoeroticism is more acceptable

this thread

Attached: 1537757533766s.jpg (250x250, 6K)

Is /k/ulture new to you?

what an absolute waste of quads spent on this petulant whining and erotic fantasy

no but every post from down has been peak autism.

>see talked about cocks 4 times because I'm upset guns exist
>as you can see /k/ is all fags lmao

I just started reading rainbow six. Its a lot longer than what I usually read but it's easy to read and pretty well paced so I'm moving through it fast.

red storm rising is his best.

I don't do fiction much recently but I will check it out someday

The Nick Stone novels written by former SAS operator Andy McNab.
A fictional series of books about an ex SAS soldier who works as a deniable asset.
They're comfy and fairly grounded in reality. If you love weird operator factoids you'll love it.

READ SIEGE BY JAMES MASON

black hawk down is nice

Not him, but, regardless of your opinions on firearms, gun culture is as camp as a fibre optic Christmas angel.
Paunchy middle aged salesman and realtors, spending their weekend wearing military webbing and pretending to be in Red Dawn, muh property rights, muh cold dead hands etc. Its hilarious

If you think that every person in america who owns a gun is a fat divorced III%er lolberg with plate carriers you are an actual retard

I don't, that's why I didn't say 'everyone who owns a gun'. I said 'gun culture'

>implying that fudds, mall ninjas, copfags, sheepdogs and gangsters are a monolithic entity when most of them hate each other
if gun culture in america was unified you would be able to buy an MG42 at wal-mart.

Ignore these faggots OP, read Beasts, Men and Gods by Ferdinand Ossendowski.
It begins with him learning that the commies know where he is hiding,so he takes his gun and heads out into the wilderness. On his journey he discovers how the Reds have ruined Russia, encounters the remnants of White resistance, including the Cossacks and the ‘Mad Baron’ himself, discovers the mysteries of Mongolia, and learns about Tibetan Buddhism, even meeting the Living Buddha.
Plenty of innawoods survival, war crimes, war itself, mysticism, and great men of history. It will also give you a new perspective on the Russian Civil War, Mongolia and its history, and Buddhism.

Attached: 1528626022184.jpg (400x600, 45K)

>implying those groups are not all equally camp

>implying that you're not an insecure nogunz faggot

user, do you understand what camp means?

user, do you understand what "nogunz COPE" means?

Based frogposter

Attached: 1550706248279.gif (900x500, 285K)

Storm of Steel
Frozen Hell: The Russo-Finnish Winter War of 1939-1940
Tiger Force: A True Story of Men and War
Ordinary Men

why would you assume that an entirely different board would know the ins and outs of your jokes? fuck off back to rëddit dude