This is a lot easier to read than GR

This is a lot easier to read than GR.

Why have you lied to me again, Yea Forums?

Attached: Mason_n_dixon.jpg (220x329, 19K)

i found both pleasurable

no not yet, what did you enjoy from it?

to get you to read GR

because I have no one I want to impress with my reading list.

im looking for psued points as much as anyone else but this legit sounds like the most boring book

Nah, this one is fun. The dog is cute.

I was of the same mind but it's legitimately fun and engrossing

dude like george washington but his smoking weed lmao

Late Pynchon is way easier than early Pynchon.

And here I am struggling with my first Pynchon book V.

self-defenestrate

it'llbe a lot easier if you give away 8 copies of cring 49 lots like me the give man

Good Lord, do I hate this book.

This is very, very late Thomas Pynchon, when he was hopped up on marijuana and television. Consequently, the entire book reads like a very, very long, barely edited transcript of a stoned East Coast intellectual rambling incoherently for hours in turn of the century English, because that's exactly what it is. The narrative is simplistic, is buried underneath clouds of irrelevant and soporific detail, and frankly isn't very interesting to begin with. The characters are wooden and uninteresting. The entire book is less about actual storytelling and more about talking at great length about arcane Victorian traditions without actually getting to the point. For all of the thousands of words in this book, very few of them actually have meaning. This book adds nothing to either literature in general or to Pynchon's reputation, and only came to be because he was delirious and lonely before getting married.

This is possibly one of the most tedious, overwrought books I have ever read. On that negative note, I have enjoyed other books by Thomas Pynchon, mainly The Crying of Lot 49, which was actually quite good. It appears that his late works, Mason & Dixon, Against the Day etc, are in his most annoying, self-indulgent style, and most of them are practically unreadable.

And this book is indeed unreadable. Thomas Pynchon's style is overly wordy and verbose, his sentences go on for paragraphs. I found myself having to stop reading in the middle of a sentence just to keep track of what he was saying. This book is so wordy that it took me several months to finish it, and several times I found myself angrily throwing this book against the wall. How can anyone endure this? I have read other author's who are very wordy, such as James Fenimore Cooper, Nathaniel Hawthorne, George Eliot, but never have I encountered writing so painfully excruciating.

The plot isn't very interesting either for that matter, there's very little action in this book, and it seemed that Pynchon liked to "suggest" rather than describe actions or a scene, which doesn't work very well when your writing style is like verbal diarrhea. What sounds like an interesting plot comes off like hot air in Thomas Pynchon's writing style.
I was really looking forward to reading more Thomas Pynchon after The Crying of Lot 49 but this book ruined him for me. I can safely say I probably will never read any more Thomas Pynchon again, thanks to this abomination. And as far as this book, actually publishing this turgid mess as a novel was a crime against humanity.

cringe

Came off too strong in the end, decent bait still

7/10

>it's called V
>it took me V years to read it

He literally HAS to tell everybody he does this!

Gravity's Rainbow is weird and scatological and paranoid but readable.

Crying of Lot 49 is awfully written. Commas, those lower curly marks, where they appear, are abundant, as salt in ocean, in every other sentence.

Thanks, its a mashup up two bad reviews of Henry James' The Golden Bowl. I'm also the person is mocking. Pynchon just draws out us weirdos xD

Attached: download (8).jpg (300x168, 11K)

>hasn't read Bleeding Edge

Yeah that ones the standout in terms of difficulty, but still easier than v/crying of lot 49/ gravity’s rainbow

what are you smoking?

Nice job literally just parroting DFW lmao

BE is not hard at all

The sections where the protagonist is in this virtual reality thing were weird and confusing as hell.
All in all, Bleeding Edge is extremely forgettable though. It does not read like Pynchon at all.

it's his third best

stop posting, please

>It does not read like Pynchon at all
It reads pretty much exactly like what you'd expect from "Pynchon but not as good".

hahahahahaha fag

>typical GR shiteating fanboys

Formerly Yea Forums kino

to be fair it's his worst one

eh it's got a neat frame narrative

What's your favorite chapter? I like the medieval one with the knight slaying the giant worm.