Who are the most Lynchian writers? What are the most Lynchian novels?

Who are the most Lynchian writers? What are the most Lynchian novels?

Attached: B4FCA07A-D5E8-41AD-B280-F7F8F1AABAEB.jpg (740x472, 76K)

Roland Topor: The Tenant

DFW
Infinite Jest

If someone says naked lunch this thread should be closed

I’ve tried to order this book. It seems to be rare

look harder, I've seen bunch of different editions, like cheap 1960s pulp thriller style ones as well as the recent one Ligotti wrote the preface to.
try Abebooks or Bookfinder. It's also on Libgen (fiction)

The Unconsolable by Kazuo Ishiguro

Lynch need to make the Magic Mountain

S2 of Twin Peaks > S1 of Twin Peaks > S3 of Twin Peaks

Hmm. I’ll look at Abebooks. I got Bottom’s Dream from there. They seem to be good about having books that aren’t available on Amazon

David Lynch wrote none of season 2 and hates it. It was network driven nonsense that forced them to "solve" the murder which they never had any intention of solving.

When you realize you in fact don't like david lynch by ranking the season he wrote and directed every ep of at the bottom

FWWM > S3 Twin Peaks > S1 Twin Peaks >>>> S2 Twin Peaks

If David Lynch were younger he should have made a Hotline Miami movie.

now this guy fucks

Robert Aickman

Fate's part in 2666 was the most Lynchean piece of literature I've read. Bolaño was a Lynch fan.

Ramsey Campbell
Thomas Ligotti

Dune season 1

Lets have a life and one to three babies together.

John Green

>tfw been avoiding John Green and YouTube history podcasters all the way up to Uni because Yea Forums meme
>tfw i get into argument with professor over late tier Green
>bring up the usual arguments "cheap, puerile boring YA fiction"
>pulls out Turtles All The Way Down and another late tier Green cheap YA
>proceeds to show me prose equivalent to my favorite writer (Proust;he knows this)
>mfw I fell for a lit meme and got btfo'ed in front of everyone sounding like an ignorant basedboy

this take is so hot it singed my eyeberows

No doubt

A depressive Daniil Kharms would be very lynchian.

Twin Peaks season 3 was fucking retarded and had none of the charm, mystery and fun on the first season.

based
dubs confirm

>i'm so different from anybody heheheh

part 8 was the best thing to air on television in a decade prove me wrong

it sucked dude
part with the orb was literally youtube fanfilm tier

no it was glorious

Attached: HKdu.gif (500x267, 496K)

>implying liking s2 is in any way normal

last episode was better

The Third Policeman by Flann O'Brien. It actually possesses a great deal of what is considered quintessentially Lynchain.

>He was of Polish-Jewish origin and spent the early years of his life in Savoy,

Burroughs
Kafka
Bruno Schulz

I am jazz

Lynch may well be a name of Irish extraction , but the similarity ends there I'm afraid.

Lynch is all-style no-substance shallow obscurantist fluff for pseuds who think art is about being wowed by surreal visual effects, so probably either Finnegans Wake or (depending on your opinion, and despite having some actual content to his fluff here and there by accident) Samuel Beckett, who incidentally sucked the dick of the guy who wrote Finnegans Wake.

You could also try Pynchon, if you want middlebrow shit that pseuds force themselves to think they like because they were told it's supposed to be prestigious.

Never understand the fascination with his movie.
boring af

This.
Probably even more than that The Pale King

So even Lynch is into the whole Rabbits 'n' Horses stuff?

C by Tom McCarthy, it's basically what Lynch's unmade film Ronnie Rocket would be if it was written as a novel. Also the blurb describes the book as a mixture of Beckett and Pynchon which is arguably applicable to Lynch too

If you liked all the 1950s stuff with the woodsmen on the radio in Twin Peaks S3 you'd get a kick out of the book too

Do people ever tell you that you're tedious at parties? It's like you say some stuff with "prestigious" authors in between but there's no substance to your critique, its all just buzzwords.

I agree completely. Although season 2 is slow in the second half, those first 9 episodes are pure kino. When Harry and Cooper meet to plan Audrey’s escape, coops reaction is classic.

t. Jeffries

Who would you suggest as an alternative to David lynch? A surrealist filmmaker with "substance?"

> There, he met Ilse Klapper, née Herzfeld (1900–1982), a Jewish woman fleeing the country's Nazi government. The two were never romantically involved, but Burroughs married her
> His family were German-speaking middle-class Ashkenazi Jews.
>he was a Jew who thought and wrote in Polish, was fluent in German, immersed in Jewish culture

>Jennings was born in South Florida to parents Greg and Jeanette ("Jennings" is a pseudonym). The family is Jewish, and their last name is "a very Jewish, long last name."

You could argue that any surrealist work lacks substance because of its reliance on dreamscapes, the content is disconnected from reality in a way that denies access and refuses to offer any substantial conclusions.

You want surrealism that is still in touch with the world, watch a Jim Hosking movie.

Obscure but Arthur S. Halsey, Jr. is the most Lynchian writer ever. If you can find "The Dreamreapers" anthologized somewhere, read it. It was in an Aussie lit mag, the Lifted Brow iirc

Then you obviously weren't paying attention during the Dougie/Las Vegas scenes, all those characters (the insurance firm, the mutchum brothers and their troupe of girls, the fuscoe brothers, etc.) were completely in touch with the original heart and tone of the show.

Coffeeandpiefags are so pathetic

Pretty sure this is pasta

It's hard to compare a writer to Lynch, as he himself has mentioned how he prefers his art to be wordless.

If I were to given any Lynchian writer, I suppose I'd say Dick, for the existential clusterfucks like VALIS and Ubik. House of Leaves, with its plot devices incongruous with reality and sense of mystery, is a pretty Lynchian novel.

you really do enjoy this jew-spotting, don't you?

naked lunch

>Jim Hosking
ah, so you're a child

Give an alternative or go fuck yourself

I don't need to give an alternative, he was the one giving one and I'm rejecting it as juvenile garbage
To reject Lynch and then hold up this numale manchild as a competent director is either obvious bait that I've fallen for or the worst opinion I've seen all week

Attached: Screenshot_2019-03-03-15-07-57(1).png (1440x2130, 1.44M)

>yes
>Born in Toronto, Ontario, Cronenberg is the son of Esther (née Sumberg), a musician, and Milton Cronenberg, a writer and editor.[6] He was raised in a "middle-class progressive Jewish family".

I’d disagree.
The juxtaposition of dream logic with wholly banal comings and goings is a trademark of lynch as well as a wheelhouse of O’Brien.
He’s almost Porto-Lynchian.

>if it’s vague it has no substance.

>numale manchild
oh good, buzzwords! Now I don't need to address your (totally insubstantial) argument on the basis that I can simply disavow you as a dumb monkey typing dumb monkey words on his typewriter. Clack clack monkey, even with a million of you you'll never be as good as shakespeare!

you can't have read O'Brien properly, and/or are wholly unaware of formal logic, the kind that is a cornerstone - presumably what you mean by "wheelhouse" - of works such as the Dalkey Archive or the Third Policeman, to wit, Aristotle, Augustine, and so forth.

Are you dumb? Do you think dreams are made of inanimate matter? No? then they're quite literally "insubstantial".

They're also arbitrary at the level of semiotics as well, they don't communicate anything directly, its your waking mind that tries to pry out of them some kind of relevancy, rather than dreams (and by extension, surrealist art practice) expressing anything significant.

Almost half of Alberto Laiseca's oeuvre is Lynchian. Check him out user.

can you post the passage? I want to read it

True, also some of his short stories.

Is House of Leaves worthwhile, then?

I tried to read it and didn't get past the first page. Felt it was stupid. Did I miss something, is it something I need to revisit?

I love Dick and every other author mentioned on this thread. Also agree on the Fate part.

Films about dreams are not literally dreams

fell for the bait

I'm lmaoing at how you just wasted your time posting that.