Picked this up on a whim and was blown away...

Picked this up on a whim and was blown away. I was expecting some fairly bland fantasy shlop but everything from the setting to the characterisation was spot on. I haven’t read anything else by Sanderson but google tells me he’s fairly prolific and I didn’t realise he was the guy that finished off the Wheel of Time books. What should I read next.

Attached: 06BB61F9-142F-4ACC-8664-2054301FE4BB.jpg (1663x2560, 546K)

Other urls found in this thread:

goodreads.com/book/show/2495567.The_Name_of_the_Wind
goodreads.com/book/show/3934321-nightfall
goodreads.com/book/show/113436.Eragon
goodreads.com/book/show/41865.Twilight
goodreads.com/book/show/9969571-ready-player-one
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>What should I read next
Nothing, do the world a favour and just kill yourself genrefag.

>not being able to find pleasure in reading

Attached: B704D007-D0A5-496D-BE50-F0CAE9CE7CFF.jpg (500x647, 36K)

Just read other Sanderson books if you liked him. Jesus, its not that hard. Stormlight Archives is definatelly the best work of his, but Mistborn is more accessible. His SF other than Reckoners is bad, but Warbreaker is worth checking out.

>reading genre fiction

Attached: EB99F522-B35D-43D5-86BC-C3BBD977503E.jpg (1024x768, 143K)

Read Pynchon

>being a psued

Attached: 33BE3234-2E47-415B-846A-6217358BA447.jpg (236x326, 21K)

Perdido Street Station. Very underrated fantasy novel.

Literally who gives a shit? You're not fooling anyone by refusing to indulge in what you enjoy.

@12689343
Here's your (You), now go back shilling Maas in /sffg/ tranny

I'm sorry, I was to hasty. Here's a couple of recommendations for your pleasure:
goodreads.com/book/show/2495567.The_Name_of_the_Wind
goodreads.com/book/show/3934321-nightfall
goodreads.com/book/show/113436.Eragon
goodreads.com/book/show/41865.Twilight
goodreads.com/book/show/9969571-ready-player-one

Enjoy!

So what are you reading at the moment user?

It was... Ok. Felt like an OSR game sandbox to me. The dimensional spider was dope. Also, rapist bird man deserved to fly. I get that now he's just another freak in a city of freaks, but I don't get Isaac's justification for turning him away.

>to hasty

If you’re going to be an insufferable cock at least make sure you get it right you passive-aggressive faggot.

Not terribly subtle.

Elantirs is weakest cosmere book imo, try mistborn and stormlight

I'm surprised it isn't more popular giving that it has a lot of thing current leftists and SJWs like even the YEAH SCIENCE stuff.

Imagine bothering to copy and paste all these links.

It's also got some really gross stuff. The moths were a bit over the top.

Infinite Jest. For the fifth time.

To be fair all of those books are highly popular and several of them are praised in the same circles as Elantris. I'm certain that OP would enjoy at least RPO and Name of the Wind.

I imagine the interspecies sex scene would be really hard to pull off in live action without it either look totally terrible or outright cheesy.

>infinite jest
Pseudo intellectual trash. Enjoy your 600 footnotes.

I like me some fantasy every once i a while, really, but Sanderson just can't write to save his life. Stories, ideas are alright, some stuff is actually good, but the writing is just absolutely horrible. I mean, he could at least try, right ? Can't touch anything else he has anymore.

Pseud

Me waving.

He’s not Stephen King tier bad and some of his later stuff is pretty good. Compare the description of the world of Elantra’s - which was bland and boring despite being in the middle of a cool religious war - with that of Roshar in the Way of Kings which he makes very vibrant and detailed.

Its just me or his Wheel of Time books sucks donkey balls compared to Jordan?
Especially Mat parts are fucking pain to read trough.

>Reading modern fantasy
Ohnononono HAHAHAHA

Ignore the haters in this thread OP. Although I tried reading Elantris and disliked it, there's absolutely nothing wrong with reading the occasional genre fiction for enjoyment, so long as its not all that you read (simply because you might be missing out on other things you might enjoy!).

If you like Greek mythology and ancient history, check out Latro in the Mist by Gene Wolf. I'm reading it right now and enjoying it much more than the usually recommended Book of the New Sun series.

If you're looking for great prose I recommend A Canticle for Leibowitz.

If you like the courtly drama in Elantris, try The Once and Future King.

If you like horror, try Song of Kali.

If you like the interesting worldbuilding in Elantris, give Blindsight a try.

It's a great feeling when you read a book that you enjoyed and I hope my recommendations can help you to find another.

Fuck you you fucking faggot.
Perdido Street Station is complete dogshit.