You read a lot of books, user. Tell me, what's the meaning of life?

>you read a lot of books, user. Tell me, what's the meaning of life?

Attached: evalion.jpg (300x168, 10K)

To fuck you like the whore you are and sniff those lovely farts.

To fuck you like the whore you are and sniff those lovely farts.

To die my love, to die.

become ubermensch

Everything. (nothing) But anything we can make of it. Putting off meaningless death for as long as possible.

Attached: i-d-spring-2010-photo-paolo-roversi-natalia-vodianova.jpg (820x1181, 257K)

pussy

aesthetic feet

>life
>meaning

If life doesn't have meaning then prove it to us by an heroing on webcam

To remove parasites from existence

Well that's a complicated question. To begin with, what is meaning? Meaning is simply the purpose for which an action/object is made. Meaning is then some kind of intended function. But whoose intention? GOD, the heavenly father.

Does that mean you have to do what you want?

"Have to"?
Any-thing we can make of it.
Under capitalism we are severely hampered.

Consider sudoku

"The truth about the world, he said, is that anything is possible. Had you not seen it all from birth and thereby bled of its strangeness, it would appear to you for what it is: a hat trick in a medicine show, a fevered dream, a trance bepopulate with chimeras having neither analogue nor precedent, an itinerant carnival whose ultimate destination after many a pitch in many a muddied field is unspeakable and calamatous beyond reckoning."

"Tomorrow and tomorrow and tomorrow
Creeps in this pretty place from day to day
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow
It is a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage
And then is heard from no more
It is a tale, told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing."

"Grand go the years
in the Crescent Above,
World's scoop their arcs, and firmaments Roe
Diadems Drop
and Doges surrendur
Silent as dots
on a disk of snow"

>"Shut your mouth you nazi slut "

She's nazbol now

reality-centeredness, oriented self, balance, counterpoint

bend over and I'll show you

Life being meaningless doesn't mean it isn't enjoyable or preferable to oblivion. Also my mom would be sad.

To fap freely or die in Onan's grip

Stay gold, Ponyboy

I don't like those kinds of puzzle games.
A little Zelda ages ago, but crosswords, word-search and sudoku. Blah.

This bitch should've shut up and got naked

To love God and the universe. To find and fulfill your personal destiny.

I imagine in a non-dual spiritual existence to be completely it would be impossible to learn things as everything simply is. I think this world was created to find answers to be questions (eg what makes a good person?) which could only be answered in a world of opposite. Part of it though is that many of questions are inanswerable but that’s the fun of it.

>Creeps in this pretty place
>And then is heard from
>calamatous
>Roe
Did you quite these from memory? Your choices are beautiful, but it ain't so pretty when you don't proofread.

Yeah they are from memory. Can't remember the line breaks to save my life.

Those are probably my favorite three passages from all my nonfiction reading. I think they describe exactly the same perspective, in vastly different ways. The McCarthy one is more specific though.

But in each of them reality is some teeming series of events in which humans are caught up in for no obvious reason, oddly enough a perspective I do not hold but consider my great adversary.

philosophy is just a big COPE

>I lack the intellectual fortitude to engage with the complexity of difficult problems therefore it's all nonsense and I am above it all and like, just choose your own meaning bro

You may find that the Dickinson poem adds a bit more perspective if you don't leave out the first stanza. Or maybe that's just me.
>oddly enough a perspective I do not hold
Do you have any equally great quotes from what is (for now, or for ever) your side of the fence?

To survive and pass on your genes. Any other gay ass philosophy answer is wrong. Get fucked, love /sci/

Yeah I know the whole Dickinson poem and its underwhelming alternate version. That one knocked the wind out of me. No poem has ever hit me so hard. Shout out to the user who posted it here a few months ago.

>any equally great quotes?

Not really. One of the mysterious things about literature is that it excels in tragedy and cynicism: it works best when it reveals our dark fears about life. I look mostly elsewhere for uplifting ideas.

The closest I can think of are these bits:

"Love in action is a harsh and dreadful thing compared to love in dreams." (Dosto)

"You shall love your crooked neighbor with your crooked heart" (Auden)

Neither really works in a vacuum, but require elucidation on the meaning of love.

I love the final lines from Tale of Two Cities as well.

>nonfiction reading
Another typo, I assume?
Also, you've left out the destination(?) of life's petty pace, its last syllable.
No biggie. Here's what I've memorised from Shakespeare, though here I am pasting it in, not in shame of the flaws of my memory, but in full admission of my sloth to type it:

"Our revels now are ended. These our actors,
As I foretold you, were all spirits, and
Are melted into air, into thin air:
And like the baseless fabric of this vision,
The cloud-capp'd tow'rs, the gorgeous palaces,
The solemn temples, the great globe itself,
Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve,
And, like this insubstantial pageant faded,
Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff
As dreams are made on; and our little life
Is rounded with a sleep."

I loved both quotes, especially the Auden. Thank you.

entropy sure sounds romantic when you put it like that

>Sci-fags don't know the difference berween teleology and causal interactions
That's a yinge from me dawg.

What do you mean by 'meaning'? You're clearly not using the word in its most common sense

it's to acquire money
money is the high score of life

God, booze, and apparently Siberia.

The meaning of life is what you hold dear, your friends, you passions and stuff that you look forward to. When you challenge yourself and achieve something such as climbing a mountain and getting to the top where you can see your surrounding in a different perspective. Such things in my opinion are the meaning of life

I will climb a mountain in five hours. I will see if you are correct, and if I can attain that child-greatness of Plato in solitude

Hell yea, good luck man. Where exactly will you be climbing?
Just curious, I myself live in Switzerland, the mountains and alps here are glorious to climb on

to accept the inherent arbitrary nature of the concept of 'meaning' and learn to find love and beauty in everything regardless

To not get mouth herpes from your nasty skank ass

To look past the circles...

Read more books, to mantain the illusion that someday I will be appreciated for something I do or say.

Attached: img_1747.png (1525x1151, 1.13M)

the question is merely linguistic confusion

Nice /pol/ posting idiot

Probably just laugh.