Alright Yea Forums, I'm gonna say it. I'm freaked out by this. By all of it. Reality as a whole. It's off the wall...

Alright Yea Forums, I'm gonna say it. I'm freaked out by this. By all of it. Reality as a whole. It's off the wall. It's insane. Please recc books for someone in my predicament. It's really odding me out.

Attached: doom paul.jpg (480x360, 19K)

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/11DWkajVHUSY9xXuC7w60GnecQOJz-g9enh54esGZydI/edit?usp=sharing
youtube.com/watch?v=hBWDIzHldPg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Depends what aspect is weirding you out

I like white noise by don delillo

Crypto taking a nosedive on the markets again?

Attached: 1267371166431.png (334x413, 235K)

To make people believe their individuals
To make people think collectively
To make people waste their time
To make people unhappy

It is a bit genius what an elaborate set we've been put into, fellow user. The world is constructed to give you a growing appetite. Schopenhauer once said "Life swings like a pendulum backward and forward between pain and boredom", but his analogy forgets the dangerous temporary satisfaction that the world feeds to us bit by bit like a drug, and, us craving for more, giving away all our time to either:
1. Try to reach the next hit, or
2. Try to escape into a fantasy where you achieve that satisfaction
And there goes your life, spent trying to fulfill an addiction; and endless struggle that goes nowhere.

Ever since the furthering of things like sexual liberation, or just social liberation in general, humans have craved to impress. Through the alternate realities i.e. channels of entertainment we escape into, we learn the INDIVIDUALS are the ones who lead and impress the most. This will lead to these people in unofficial social collectives who share similarities each thinking they are "individual" because that is what they want to be. The amazing thing is, out of all the self-deprecating remarks I've heard in this era, I have never heard someone call themselves a sheep.
Anyways, this separation of the individual makes true cooperation very hard, as people will always put themselves over the lives of others, unless of course their death could enshrine them as a "noble hero".
We reach a new stasis where people become better at molding their second reality, that of social media, the internet, and technology in general, because of this need and new ability to totally escape into an impossibility. The world is left second, and filtered through that of the eye of the internet to be consumed in a new flavor.

the aspects odding me out;
>we are here and alive
>we can think, create ideas, make plans
>this is natural, in the face of danger and threats
>yet we have no idea why the world around us becomes itself, it just does
WHY HOW WHO,what does it matter?

Shrooms or synthetics?

Attached: Carl Sagan | SCIENCE.webm (616x480, 2.85M)

Oh, it's existential dread/panic attack. I guess Camus? I never got much out of that.

What's the cause of the acuteness of your feelings? And if you're freaking out, why would you want to read something that will heighten them?

Are you asking what"ve taken? I can't answer that for legal reason's, You know what I'm asking though. If you know who I should read next, I'd like to hear.

My diary: docs.google.com/document/d/11DWkajVHUSY9xXuC7w60GnecQOJz-g9enh54esGZydI/edit?usp=sharing

Attached: pizzadinner.jpg (1024x843, 279K)

I've read The Stranger. A translation, but it was still good. I want to read more material on this subject matter for the following reasons;
>I want to know more of the existential without a fear of it
>I want to delve into the deep end and no longer have fear of the ideas on the fringe of reality

Somethin' trippy, but in a fun way?

Attached: Yaknowhat- Carl Sagan.jpg (640x480, 78K)

Yes that sound's perfect.

that shit ain't half bad

well there are ways of going about it. It sounds like you're wrestling between egoism and some form of detachment.

You could always go to Walden/transcendental route and see the beauty in everything. A way that trains you not to identify with your fear but simply to observe with childlike awe.

Or you can read the postmodern stuff that is more entertaining but less likely to show you any solutions - only amusing framings of problems.

Ultimately, no amount of reading will assuage your fear - you will have to do that on your own through some form of experience.

Why be afraid of your own mind? Intrusive thoughts (no matter how scary) are no more important that other thoughts: What to have for dinner. What color that person's shirt is. The trouble is that we think we're smart and our thoughts, especially urgent ones, must be valuable. They're not. Let them go on their own, they'll tire themselves out and pass like everything else.

I love George Saunders' The Very Persistent Gappers of Frip, but it's a picture book and might be hard to find. Any George Saunders short story collection might be good...

Here's a list of surreal lit

Attached: Surreal_literature.jpg (1697x2599, 1.15M)

Attached: 31GrJPt690L._AC_SL1500_.jpg (313x500, 13K)

I don't want to be afraid of my own mind. I want to see beyond. I want to pull down the curtain. I want to be amused and confused that the answer wast't't as complicated as I expected it to be

Have you read tao te Ching? It explains it... sorta

i know what you mean OP. I'm at a point now where I'm not sure if I really even want to know the things I know. After a certain point it becomes scary and hard to sleep at night. The world is infinitely complex and it's good to understand it to a certain point but I don't think our brains are conditioned to consider the volume of knowledge it has the potential to be exposed to in this day and age.
When the sun is out, it all seems so inspiring and infinitely curious, but at night in bed when the world is asleep it's rather daunting and ominous, and I've only just now started to learn about the universe. I'm only 21 now, I don't really know shit relatively. Imagine how intense these feelings will be when we're 40, or 60, and so on. Is it really conducive to my happiness that I further pursue knowledge? I don't really know.

Yes, but it was a translation. It seemed advanced and hard to translate from what I read. Are the ideas in it unique and weird.

>I want to be amused and confused that the answer wast't't as complicated as I expected it to be
It's not. :)
youtube.com/watch?v=hBWDIzHldPg