Is this really the best place in the world to talk about literature and philosophy...

Is this really the best place in the world to talk about literature and philosophy? reddit and goodreads are garbage and it is extremely hard to find someone who reads literature or talk to anybody about anything intellectual most people are too caught up in contemporary meme issues and cant think beyond memes. I know this place is still garbage but at least sometimes you can find people who can talk about adorno and deleuze and who you can have long discussions with about beckett. is there no other place? even academic settings have been infiltrated by neo-liberal capitalist ideology.

Attached: 1544849418001.jpg (482x549, 59K)

>adorno
>delulz
>beckett
>rounds it out by blaming capitalism
And here I was trying to sympathize for most of the post.

there is literally nothing wrong with those guys

If you're a brainwashed, miserable pseud? I agree.

yes fren this iz best plase. no wurries fren juhst bee cumfy wit us end red boks :)

Attached: 1545841576658.jpg (1000x800, 61K)

if you have any aversion towards those guys you are peobably the one that is brainwashed ^_^

I must say I really enjoy that Internet gives me an opportunity to have conversations with frog people and play fire hydrant puzzles.

To make people believe their individuals
To make people think collectively
To make people waste their time
To make people unhappy

It is a bit genius what an elaborate set we've been put into, fellow user. The world is constructed to give you a growing appetite. Schopenhauer once said "Life swings like a pendulum backward and forward between pain and boredom", but his analogy forgets the dangerous temporary satisfaction that the world feeds to us bit by bit like a drug, and, us craving for more, giving away all our time to either:
1. Try to reach the next hit, or
2. Try to escape into a fantasy where you achieve that satisfaction
And there goes your life, spent trying to fulfill an addiction; and endless struggle that goes nowhere.

Ever since the furthering of things like sexual liberation, or just social liberation in general, humans have craved to impress. Through the alternate realities i.e. channels of entertainment we escape into, we learn the INDIVIDUALS are the ones who lead and impress the most. This will lead to these people in unofficial social collectives who share similarities each thinking they are "individual" because that is what they want to be. The amazing thing is, out of all the self-deprecating remarks I've heard in this era, I have never heard someone call themselves a sheep.
Anyways, this separation of the individual makes true cooperation very hard, as people will always put themselves over the lives of others, unless of course their death could enshrine them as a "noble hero".
We reach a new stasis where people become better at molding their second reality, that of social media, the internet, and technology in general, because of this need and new ability to totally escape into an impossibility. The world is left second, and filtered through that of the eye of the internet to be consumed in a new flavor.

all the cute Yea Forums bois and girls are usually autists and have mental issues and stay in their rooms it is impossible to find anyone to connect with.

> Is this really the best place in the world to talk about literature and philosophy?
It definitely isn't. It's just the best of most easily accessible ones, or the most easily accessible of the best ones. It hurts me to imagine that there are people who see our discussions as top of the scale. One reason for that is that there is almost no links to better and deeper examples. But, hey, one just needs to read more books to fix that.

So you think everyone is out there in their own little communities and bubbles hidden away?
Invite only?

You just want to believe this because if Yea Forums is top dog then we're fucked.

peepee poopoo

>one just needs to read more books to fix that
What if I fucking hate reading books?

unironically yes

Promise of exclusivity — even if it's just making an account on some website — is a well known marketing trick. Social networks abuse it when they present themselves as enablers of “private circles” (that are in fact not private at all, as the owners have access to all the data, always, and make money on that). I was certainly not talking about that.

There are plenty of freely accessible blogs, journals, and articles that are just great. Sometimes it's not the content itself, but the breadth of selection. There is no standard way to fish it out of the ocean of junk.

It was supposed that imageboard poster is someone who knows his way around on the Internet, and already has access to those quality sources, and posts there because the rest of general conversational sites are just shit compared to them. A newfag who only knows Yea Forums and/or derivative entertainment is a sorry sight.

underrated, really enjoyed reading.

no

>double 7 dubs

yikes

cringed

>contemporary meme issues
lol

>The amazing thing is, out of all the self-deprecating remarks I've heard in this era, I have never heard someone call themselves a sheep.
I like this, and I might steal it.

bump